Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sellouts
Apr 23, 2003

Narcissus1916 posted:

Eh, the shot and pass indicators, if functional, look to be GREAT.

As someone who largely sucks air at NHL15, the chance to actually receive some guidance outside of "suck less" could be a huge plus.

Sba and I will be running legends camps where you, the average person, can skate with retired hall of fame legends such as us. Coming to a rink near you. Spots are filling fast. Act today!

Wish they'd fix the indicator to determine when you have control of the puck. It's a little hard to tell in low corners.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae

sellouts posted:

Sba and I will be running legends camps where you, the average person, can skate with retired hall of fame legends such as us. Coming to a rink near you. Spots are filling fast. Act today!

need to find a Poke chef to cater

sellouts
Apr 23, 2003

actually thats what they called me in juniors because of my skill with right bumper

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae
for those of u with uneducated palates to go with your uneducated NHL video game playing, Poke is a raw salad, usually served in a bowl, over rice that contains marinated seafood, vegetables and some type of sauce/dressing

Toona the Cat
Jun 9, 2004

The Greatest
California changed you, man :(

THE MACHO MAN
Nov 15, 2007

...Carey...

draw me like one of your French Canadian girls

sba posted:

for those of u with uneducated palates to go with your uneducated NHL video game playing, Poke is a raw salad, usually served in a bowl, over rice that contains marinated seafood, vegetables and some type of sauce/dressing

thanks guy

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Associating poke with NHL 16 is doing a large disservice to poke :(

Oglogoth
May 16, 2010

Daaaaarling~
Associating sba with anything is a large disservice to it.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
I've been playing N64-era non-EA hockey games since I got a flashcart, NHL Breakaway 98 and Blades of Steel 99. The graphics are a mess, it's amazing we could play these games back in the day. The actual gameplay has it's moments though, it's interesting going back and playing a game where the goals aren't crazy dangles and landing a huge hit actually takes some doing.

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance
Remember Stanley Cup Hockey on SNES? That game was a poo poo show.

Dale Meets Wall
Aug 17, 2004

Dale will always steer you in the RIGHT direction!
Is there going to be several EASHL teams for xbone? I know a bunch of you guys are pretty serious and have played together for a long time. I'm just switching over from PS3 (Killdozers/BiCyclers RIP) and am in need of a new club for myself and potentially my friend who is pretty decent. Better chance of finding a decent group here than just he and I doing EASHL as a 2 man club.

THE MACHO MAN
Nov 15, 2007

...Carey...

draw me like one of your French Canadian girls

Dale Meets Wall posted:

Is there going to be several EASHL teams for xbone? I know a bunch of you guys are pretty serious and have played together for a long time. I'm just switching over from PS3 (Killdozers/BiCyclers RIP) and am in need of a new club for myself and potentially my friend who is pretty decent. Better chance of finding a decent group here than just he and I doing EASHL as a 2 man club.

holy avatar!

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance
Are any of you guys playing Rocket League? I know it's not the same as hockey but it scratches a pretty similar itch. I can't seem to put it down.

ssb
Feb 16, 2006

WOULD YOU ACCOMPANY ME ON A BRISK WALK? I WOULD LIKE TO SPEAK WITH YOU!!

Dale Meets Wall posted:

I was thinking of playing EASHL for the first time ever this year, so I'd be down for joining a new team. I'm not very good at these games despite playing hockey IRL and buying/playing these games every single year since 1994.

Narcissus1916 posted:

As someone who largely sucks air at NHL15, the chance to actually receive some guidance outside of "suck less" could be a huge plus.

"Watch the turnovers" not helpful enough for you? :colbert:

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

So what exactly is couch co-op? A drop in version of online team play that allows me and a friend to play on the same system?

The one feature we really want is the ability to play online (two consoles) and beat up on the AI together. That's still not possible, right?

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

"Couch Co-op" is a 21st century buzzword for "Playing with another person on the same console." A feature that has been around since the start of video games.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Narcissus1916 posted:

So what exactly is couch co-op? A drop in version of online team play that allows me and a friend to play on the same system?
That's what it sounds like. Similar to Diablo and Rocket League, two people on one console can play online together.

Narcissus1916 posted:

The one feature we really want is the ability to play online (two consoles) and beat up on the AI together. That's still not possible, right?
Doesn't sound like it's directly available in NHL, but you could try SharePlay for this on PS4. Lets someone else remotely act either as you, or as a second person on the console.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Yea 'couch co-op' literally just means 'in a time when online play is the focus we didn't completely ignore local multiplayer too'

sellouts
Apr 23, 2003

Dale Meets Wall posted:

many left bone for ps4. sba and i will be there when it goes live on ea access

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause

prom candy posted:

Are any of you guys playing Rocket League? I know it's not the same as hockey but it scratches a pretty similar itch. I can't seem to put it down.

PSN: IceFortJohnnyAce, help me quench my insatiable car soccer lust.

There should really be a 3v3 Rocket League...league.

eSports Chaebol
Feb 22, 2005

Yeah, actually, gamers in the house forever,

Hockles posted:

"Couch Co-op" is a 21st century buzzword for "Playing with another person on the same console." A feature that has been around since the start of video games.

To be fair, tons of games have local multiplayer, but don't let you play online with multiple people on one console. It's terrible and inexcusable every single time, but I'm still actually excited about this (being the only actual new feature being added to the series at all).

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Yea it's a good thing to have even if it should be just assumed in a game like this.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

lol

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Why does he have Todd Bertuzzi's chin strap?

inSTAALed
Feb 3, 2008

MOP

n'

SLOP

eSports Chaebol posted:

To be fair, tons of games have local multiplayer, but don't let you play online with multiple people on one console. It's terrible and inexcusable every single time, but I'm still actually excited about this (being the only actual new feature being added to the series at all).

you can play online with multiple people on one console with any ps4 game, just create a party, start shareplay, and choose "play together" instead of "give controller"

played madden just yesterday with my old roommate using it, worked perfectly

Marklar
Jul 24, 2003

Ball is Love
Ball is Life
EA announced some updates that will be available when the game is released:

• EASHL Drop-In
  • EASHL Player Badges
  • Shootout Mode
  • Team Practices
  • United Center - the home arena of the Chicago Blackhawks
  • NHL 3-on-3 OT rule change
  • EA SPORTS HOCKEY LEAGUE

More details are here:
https://www.easports.com/nhl/news/2015/nhl-16-update

The EASHL Drop-in was a must - glad to see it'll be available right away. They also said for HUT that there will be improvements to search filters for collections, bids, and ended auctions. I hope so - the interface in '15 is slow and clunky. So, I really like the updates - it was a nice surprise.

Soft Shell Crab
Apr 12, 2006

First time on current gen consoles: The shootout mode!

Kragger99
Mar 21, 2004
Pillbug
I wonder if they will lower Patrick Kane's Discipline attribute before the game is launched.
Joking aside, looking forward to the launch. Still can't believe the price they are charging for this.

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae
Played a couple games on EA Access tonight...game is good. Bought it for both consoles.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

sba posted:

Played a couple games on EA Access tonight...game is good. Bought it for both consoles.

oooh its out on access?

E: is it only good for 10 hours?

TehRedWheelbarrow fucked around with this message at 13:07 on Sep 10, 2015

ssb
Feb 16, 2006

WOULD YOU ACCOMPANY ME ON A BRISK WALK? I WOULD LIKE TO SPEAK WITH YOU!!

SneakyFrog posted:

oooh its out on access?

It was last year. Just enough to be a paid demo, really. I'm not too sad that they don't have it on PS4 and that I refuse to buy non-exclusives for my xbone on principle.

Thunderhorse Z
Sep 29, 2010

We're in a tight spot.

SneakyFrog posted:

oooh its out on access?

Yeah its only for 10 hours. EA access also give you a discount for the digital copy if that's your thing.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Thunderhorse Z posted:

Yeah its only for 10 hours. EA access also give you a discount for the digital copy if that's your thing.

It seems surprisingly not horrible. At least EASHL drop ins... which are universally horrible.

The Piper
Feb 18, 2007

Step right up and greet the Mets
I did EA Access on my xbone last night and I came away very impressed with EASHL. I played two drop in games and neither devolved into dangling nonsense or absentee defensemen. Poke checking seems a little slower than usual but maybe that's just me being rusty from not playing this series in 2 years. Also seems like goalies have a tough time guarding the pipes; I scored two goals by just taking a slapshot at a bad angle and it bounced off the side of the goalie and in.

Soft Shell Crab
Apr 12, 2006

Apparently Eashl has dedicated servers. Vs. and hut are p2p. If that is really the case then sign me in, but I'm still not going to buy the game at launch. I'll wait week or two and read the reports how eashl works. Eashl beta had big lag issues, but I think the beta was p2p.

sellouts
Apr 23, 2003

Sba and I are playing eashl every night and drat is it fun.

I think we are like 8-3 or something and one game we had matching jerseys so we quit out after first period because the game lets you do that for some reason. Moving up to div 7 tomorrow, it will be interesting to see how competition improves. Div 10 and 9 were bad teams whereas 8 finally had some pretty good teams that understood how to read plays. A few soft goals for and against but that's hockey. Nothing glitchy yet and we've played guya who are over level 10 already.

I just wish Xbox saved highlights in higher quality. Uploading them to one drive leaves them looking like poo poo.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy
Preordered on PS4. I'm real bad at this game but am real good at hitting mans. Where do I sign up to hit pubbies with goons?

Anders
Nov 8, 2004

I'd rather score...

... but I'll grind it good for you

Dubious posted:

Preordered on PS4. I'm real bad at this game but am real good at hitting mans. Where do I sign up to hit pubbies with goons?

Here

Bradf0rd
Jun 16, 2008

Agent of Chaos

Dubious posted:

Be aware, hitting mans is a lot more difficult now. I'm slightly disappointed but the game allows you to play actual defense now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sellouts
Apr 23, 2003

Do not buy this game for eashl hitting.

shortspecialbus posted:

It was last year. Just enough to be a paid demo, really. I'm not too sad that they don't have it on PS4 and that I refuse to buy non-exclusives for my xbone on principle.

It's the full game, with servers up, there's no "demo" about any of it. I don't understand your principle on the bone but it's probably best left for another thread. I'll say that it's pretty great so far on bone, no lag, no server weirdness, and quick matchmaking.

sellouts fucked around with this message at 18:31 on Sep 12, 2015

• Locked thread