Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

ElCondemn posted:

This is an honestly scary concept.

They would question the chair eating, and farting, and pooping.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

a cop posted:

That's why it makes itself a roomba, all it has to do is hide the poo poo then.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

a cop posted:

Remember when we bought a novelty chair that eats, farts and poops? What a hilarious gag gift!

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.
When did we get a cat? Oh, we've had the cat for ages!

Since when have cats been a thing that existed? Oh, they've been around forever.

Cthulhuchan
Nov 10, 2005

Rose: Sip martini thoughtfully.

Such as this one.

Just a tiny sip couldn't hurt...

Pavlov posted:

So guys important question: Is Mr. Poopy Butthole supposed to be a buttplug or something?

He's a S.C.U.D. episode reference. Because he's REEEEAL, Pavlov. Mr. Poopy Butthole is REEEAL.

He's REEEAL.

curse of flubber
Mar 12, 2007
I CAN'T HELP BUT DERAIL THREADS WITH MY VERY PRESENCE

I ALSO HAVE A CLOUD OF DEDICATED IDIOTS FOLLOWING ME SHITTING UP EVERY THREAD I POST IN

IGNORE ME AND ANY DINOSAUR THAT FIGHTS WITH ME BECAUSE WE JUST CAN'T SHUT UP

VideoTapir posted:

When did we get a cat? Oh, we've had the cat for ages!

Since when have cats been a thing that existed? Oh, they've been around forever.

Funny you mention that, cats are the best places for the mind controlling parasite Toxoplasma gondii to reproduce.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Pavlov posted:

So guys important question: Is Mr. Poopy Butthole supposed to be a buttplug or something?

Do we have an official word on the spelling? I was assuming it was Mr. Poopy Butthole, but most posts and articles I've seen have it as Mr. Poopybutthole.

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

it's in the mighty hands of steel
Fun Shoe

ALFbrot posted:

The semantic logic of the episode consistently functions with the fake memory flashbacks always being prompted by a parasite.

... sorry if someone already pointed this out, but the Nazi submarine memory was triggered by Beth, who is real.

theres a will theres moe
Jan 10, 2007

Hair Elf
Some of the story seems inconsistent. It's almost as if it were fabricated. I think Justin might be lying to us

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Number 1 Sexy Dad posted:

Some of the story seems inconsistent. It's almost as if it were fabricated. I think Justin might be lying to us

That mother fucker!

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Funkmaster General posted:

Nobody would feed it, either, or listen to it talking to let it flash them back so it can reproduce.

You've never remembered a good time you had in a chair when you sit on it again? Just keep spawning furniture and eating what gets dropped on you. Maybe head out to the trash one day to get picked up by those dude's in a truck and brought to another home. Rinse. Repeat. Take over planet.

No Luck Needed
Mar 18, 2015

Ravel Crew

Entropic posted:

Did people argue this much about whether the ending of Something Ricked actually happened?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3VEyVamLjYY

yes of course Rick and Summer roid'ed up and beat up the devil. What is not plausible about that? If you do not keep working out, you quickly loose muscle mass

pksage
Jul 2, 2009

You are an experience!
Make sure you're a good experience.

No Luck Needed posted:

yes of course Rick and Summer roid'ed up and beat up the devil. What is not plausible about that? If you do not keep working out, you quickly loose muscle mass

Also it would be very comically appropriate for Rick to have a sci-fi way to de-muscle them, but not to bulk up in the first place. "Go*oorrhhh*d, Summer, come on! Do you have any idea how dangerous it is to add that much mass to your body in that short a time? Now here, get on the toilet and take this pill. I hope your rectum is as flexible as Morty's."

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
Here is my dumb theory about why Rick returns to his family after years of absence: Morty is born. Beth just wasn't useful enough to him until she produced a Morty.

Alternatively he just wanted somewhere to live for free.

Dieting Hippo
Jan 5, 2006

THIS IS NOT A PROPER DIET FOR A HIPPO
calling it now, evil morty is rick's original morty.

Dr_Amazing
Apr 15, 2006

It's a long story
Rick is a parasite that altered his own memories to more convincingly fit in.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

(It's you!)

Dr_Amazing posted:

Rick is a parasite that altered his own memories to more convincingly fit in.

I was hoping they'd pull something in this episode where Morty turned out to be a parasite instead; there was a mild set up when Morty suggested they go outside, but that might have been Morty being genuinely concerned that his grandfather was getting agitated and harassing his beloved friends and family.

No Luck Needed
Mar 18, 2015

Ravel Crew

Dieting Hippo posted:

calling it now, evil morty is rick's original morty.

in the seaon 1 finale, Rick makes a comment about someone named Tiny Roberts and not Little Richard

and Rick is classified as Rick of Earth C-something or other and not like Rick of Dimension C-number number number

and we know this Rick and Morty are not from this Earth, so who is to say that this Rick and Morty should naturally exist or we are watching the most Rick of all Ricks that just dimension hops better than all those other lame Ricks. Except the Ricks that got rich off of other Ricks. But then there are hack Ricks that make trinkets to sell to other Ricks. Probably just getting Rickrolled the whole time. Wuba Duba Lub Lub

edt. also the evil Morty might be Justin and Dan's attempt at a better Star Wars story. The Rickest of all Ricks left his Morty to die, but that Morty didn't die and became evil. Then the new Morty that Rick settles in with just happens to be the One True Morty. So if the evil Morty shows up I suspect that the One True Morty will just handle that somehow.

No Luck Needed fucked around with this message at 15:53 on Aug 22, 2015

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
Can we update the thread title to one of Rick's apocryphal catch-phrases?

That's the waaaaaaaay the news goes!

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

I think AIDS is a way more established and loved catchphrase.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
LICK LICK LICK M'BAAAAALLS!

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
Burger time!

Philosopher King
Oct 25, 2006
Who wants to bet bad morty is ricks originals morty?

E: beaten by a few posts.

Philosopher King fucked around with this message at 18:04 on Aug 22, 2015

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

GRASS......tastes bad!

Philosopher King
Oct 25, 2006
I bet there is some Jason Todd poo poo going on here.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Ricky-tivy-tavy, byiiiiitch!

tofes
Mar 31, 2011

#1 Milpitas Dave and Buster's superfan since 2013

Waffleman_ posted:

GRASS......tastes bad!

This was the best one

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

No Luck Needed posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3VEyVamLjYY

Somehow I never noticed before that Summer and Rick use the exact same combo to take down all of the guys at the end, but I find it extra amusing for some reason, like they choreographed their perfect rear end-kicking team-up move.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

Ror posted:

Somehow I never noticed before that Summer and Rick use the exact same combo to take down all of the guys at the end, but I find it extra amusing for some reason, like they choreographed their perfect rear end-kicking team-up move.

Or the animators got lazy, only animated one combo and then copy and pasted it on the other character.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
Can't it be both?

Tendales
Mar 9, 2012
It's so fortunate when cheaping out on animation serves the joke.

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

I noticed, between when Rick inspects the Uncle Steve parasite and when Rick fumbles for his raygun, his gloves disappear.

Lelorox
Jul 28, 2013

BFC SLACKER 2014
What's up my glib globs. I made a thing: http://codepen.io/shadowfool/full/zGVvWw/

Ditocoaf
Jun 1, 2011

Inspector Gesicht posted:

I noticed, between when Rick inspects the Uncle Steve parasite and when Rick fumbles for his raygun, his gloves disappear.

You see him taking the gloves off. He probably just dropped them on the floor or stuffed them in his jacket during a cutaway.

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.

Lelorox posted:

What's up my glib globs. I made a thing: http://codepen.io/shadowfool/full/zGVvWw/

Needs way more samples.

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

Inspector Gesicht posted:

Yet you didn't notice him take them off

Lelorox
Jul 28, 2013

BFC SLACKER 2014

VideoTapir posted:

Needs way more samples.

This one is only supposed to be rick's catchphrases, but I'll take any other suggestions/ if there are clips you want added let me know.

Also this is the list of quotes it currently has:
"Wubba lubba dub-dub!",
"Lick, lick, lick my balls!",
"I don't give a gently caress!!!",
"Riki-tiki-tavi, Beyotch!",
"And that's the wa-a-a-a-y the news goes.",
"Hit the sack, Jack.",
"Uh-Oh! Somersault jump.",
"AIDS!",
"Shum shum shlippedy dop!",
"Grassss tastes bad-ah.",
"No jumpin' in the sewer.",
"Burger time!",
"Rubber baby baby bunkers!"

Lelorox fucked around with this message at 23:13 on Aug 22, 2015

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.
Cut them up and mix and match them.

Burger AIDS!

Catsplosion
Aug 19, 2007

I am become Dwarf, the destroyer of cats.

VideoTapir posted:

Burger AIDS!

Add a separate button for this though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lelorox
Jul 28, 2013

BFC SLACKER 2014

VideoTapir posted:

Burger AIDS!

Oh I kinda like this idea. I'll add a button for 2 x quotes and just have them play one after another.'

Also, I just added "riggity riggity wrecked son."

• Locked thread