Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Technogeek posted:

Run Shiva EX five times. You get a Diamond Dust for each successful clear. Trade the True Ice weapon plus five dust to Aelina in Mor Dhona (the Remarkable Rarities category) for the equivalent Diamond weapon.

I know I have those... like I said. How do you upgrade titan/Ifrit/Garuda hm weapons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waldean
Apr 27, 2005

Tenzarin posted:

I know I have those... like I said. How do you upgrade titan/Ifrit/Garuda hm weapons.

They're crafted.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Waldean posted:

They're crafted.

How are they crafted?

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

Specifically, they're crafted using miscellaneous common-enough materials, demimateria obtained from desynthing that primal's HM weapon drops (also not too bad), and - the kicker - the rare crafting material drop from that primal's EX mode.

Said crafting material doesn't drop when unsynced. Because clearly Kingly Whiskers needed to be even more expensive.

Technogeek
Sep 9, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

Tenzarin posted:

How are they crafted?

Same way any item is crafted, although you'll need (among other things) a crafting material that drops from the relevant primal's extreme mode. (The Kingly Whisker for any of the moogle weapons, for example.)

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Vil posted:

Specifically, they're crafted using miscellaneous common-enough materials, demimateria obtained from desynthing that primal's HM weapon drops (also not too bad), and - the kicker - the rare crafting material drop from that primal's EX mode.

Said crafting material doesn't drop when unsynced. Because clearly Kingly Whiskers needed to be even more expensive.

Ah that makes sense now, a friend was hoping to get the crafting material drop from shiva but ended up buying it. I take it you need some master books for this as well?

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

Master book 1 for the craft, I think? Wasn't too bad at 50, and should be quite easy at 51+ (goddamn trivial at 60).

kafziel
Nov 11, 2009

Tenzarin posted:

Ah that makes sense now, a friend was hoping to get the crafting material drop from shiva but ended up buying it. I take it you need some master books for this as well?

That's not how you do Leviathan or Shiva upgrades, though. Only Ifrit, Titan, Garuda, and Mog weapons have glowy crafted upgrades. Shiva you beat five times for five Diamond Dust and trade in with the base weapon at Mor Dhona, Leviathan you win the lot for a Mirror of the Whorl and trade in with the base weapon at Mor Dhona. Ramuh only has the drop weapons.

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

Which kind of surprises me a bit, since the graphic effects for Ramuh's weapons are largely fairly understated, in a way that kinda suggests that you could get a more overtly electric upgrade. But no, no upgrades for his.

Xenoveritas
May 9, 2010
Dinosaur Gum

@SquareEnixUSA posted:

In just under 2 years, FINAL FANTASY XIV now exceeds 5 million registered accounts globally across North America, Japan, Europe, and China!

That's neat, I guess. (Presumably that's "registered accounts" and not "active accounts" meaning that the active population is still under a million active accounts.)

Ohtsam
Feb 5, 2010

Not this shit again.

Xenoveritas posted:

That's neat, I guess. (Presumably that's "registered accounts" and not "active accounts" meaning that the active population is still under a million active accounts.)

Square has a stated policy going back to when ffxi came to never give out subscriber numbers for their paid mmos. Regardless 5 million box sales is still damned impressive.

Ohtsam fucked around with this message at 20:07 on Aug 21, 2015

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"
Welp, I think I just got bodied by the hardest raid content in the game; Main Tank quitting the group a mere two hours before raid time, two successive weeks of trying to locate a decent tank, and then people dropping from the group one by one.

My ilvl was not ready for this.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

MechaX posted:

Welp, I think I just got bodied by the hardest raid content in the game; Main Tank quitting the group a mere two hours before raid time, two successive weeks of trying to locate a decent tank, and then people dropping from the group one by one.

This is around the time people are going to stop playing.

Mexicat
Feb 1, 2013
anyone have those great pics of the balmung PF with like 'dom miq'ote looking for sissy femboy to be lowered into box of spiders' and other similar posts about spiders

sexy mouse
Sep 18, 2008

sexy eye~
sexy nose~
sexy mouse~
don't you know~
Just want to verify my understanding of Wanderer's Minuet since I just hit 52. From reading around, it looks like I want it up generally all the time except for fights that require high mobility and low HP mobs? I saw mention that it got buffed at some point, out of curiosity how did it change?

Percity
Oct 24, 2006

It went from +20% damage to 30% damage and became instant cast. I think it's always a damage gain now, but if you need to run around a lot for some reason I guess you'd remove it temporarily.

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS
Its always a damage loss to be out of it so you want to minimize any time spent out of it by only stance dancing if you need to move for longer than 2 gcds

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Mr. Nice! posted:

Yes. I got a ring and a bracelet. What did you get?

Bracelet last week, ring this week.

sexy mouse
Sep 18, 2008

sexy eye~
sexy nose~
sexy mouse~
don't you know~

Percity posted:

It went from +20% damage to 30% damage and became instant cast. I think it's always a damage gain now, but if you need to run around a lot for some reason I guess you'd remove it temporarily.

bonewitch posted:

Its always a damage loss to be out of it so you want to minimize any time spent out of it by only stance dancing if you need to move for longer than 2 gcds

Cool, thanks.

seorin
May 23, 2005

2 Sun's Dusk (Day 78)
Of the Seven Visions of Seven Trials of the Incarnate, I have now fulfilled the Fifth Trial.

bonewitch posted:

Any other miscellaneous bard tips? My raid group needed me to switch to BRD from BLM and I think I'm doing ok for my gear level but man it's hard not to feel like I'm sucking compared to the numbers I pull on BLM. I get ~800 DPS on faust with i183 and a law weapon compared to ~1050 on BLM with equivalent gear.

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS

seorin posted:

Any other miscellaneous bard tips? My raid group needed me to switch to BRD from BLM and I think I'm doing ok for my gear level but man it's hard not to feel like I'm sucking compared to the numbers I pull on BLM. I get ~800 DPS on faust with i183 and a law weapon compared to ~1050 on BLM with equivalent gear.

Krietors guide is by far the best collection of info on bard: http://angered.guildwork.com/forum/threads/55a407bd002aa826a2c6214d-heavensward-bard-guide-by-krietor

Really the biggest things are: hit buffs and off-gcd's, don't let dots fall off, always be hitting buttons

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

MechaX posted:

I feel your pain. My group has had so little raid time between this and scheduling issues that we haven't even cleared a1s yet. At least with the members we have now we have gotten to the enrage. I want to at least see a3s before it inevitably gets adjusted down, damnit. :smith:

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

seorin posted:

Just spam aoes like a boss and blame someone else.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

Tenzarin posted:

It's the demimateria book, which takes 5 battle 1 and 5 field 1.

seorin
May 23, 2005

2 Sun's Dusk (Day 78)
Of the Seven Visions of Seven Trials of the Incarnate, I have now fulfilled the Fifth Trial.

bonewitch posted:

Krietors guide is by far the best collection of info on bard: http://angered.guildwork.com/forum/threads/55a407bd002aa826a2c6214d-heavensward-bard-guide-by-krietor

Really the biggest things are: hit buffs and off-gcd's, don't let dots fall off, always be hitting buttons

Thanks for this. :) Nothing too surprising there, I'll just need to practice and get used to having lower numbers. :smith:

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
alright my dumb summer job is finally over so i can play this again yayyy

what has changed since june, i left a week before alex came out

also did i WAY overshoot my chance for swimsuits?

Thumbtacks fucked around with this message at 00:38 on Aug 22, 2015

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

You can grind the swimsuits in a lazy evening.

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

Swimsuits are available through early-ish morning of September 7. So you've got quite a few evenings and weekends to do the event still.

Otherwise, esoteric tomestones, Alex normal (pretty reliably DF-able, weekends are worse) and Alex savage (most committed raid groups have 1 and 2 down, the good ones have 3 down, to my knowledge nobody has 4 down) have been released, and some jobs have been adjusted.

There's also some crafter/gatherer bullshit with red scrips but that's a rabbit hole best not gone down.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
one of these days i'll learn how to craft but that day is not today

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!
Adding crafting to things-mittens-can't-do.xls

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
you don't know me don't tell me what i can and can't do

dad

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Thumbtacks posted:

alright my dumb summer job is finally over so i can play this again yayyy

what has changed since june, i left a week before alex came out

also did i WAY overshoot my chance for swimsuits?

If you are in TPT, go get the pre-made turn-in stuff out of the company chest, and go to the quest NPC and mash numpad 0 for a while. If it needs more, say something so I can make more.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
So, do Au Ra have ear holes or do they hear through their horns vibrating or what.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013

SwissArmyDruid posted:

If you are in TPT, go get the pre-made turn-in stuff out of the company chest, and go to the quest NPC and mash numpad 0 for a while. If it needs more, say something so I can make more.

neato. how many of them can i get?

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!

Verranicus posted:

So, do Au Ra have ear holes or do they hear through their horns vibrating or what.

character creator says they hear through their horns because they're hollow or something (and then points out that this is different from dragons)

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

Wait, Au Ra don't have ears?

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

They dont no, and technically they dont have horns either.

kafziel
Nov 11, 2009
Correct. Those are handles.

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
im pretty sure at one point they were described as being more like antenna in function than horns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
did they make any changes to DRKs / has public opinion changed or are they still kind of just...weird? i know for a while people were like THESE ARE GOOD and then quickly changed to "eh we will just do war/pal as usual"

• Locked thread