Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sum Mors
Feb 21, 2008

Grendels Dad posted:

edit: Haha a quick search told me Jake The Snake debuted in the WWF 1986, drat those were some snaky times.

Darth Vader gets in on the 80's snake theme.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Davros1 posted:

Comic writer Larry Hama had pitched an idea for a comic book that would feature the son of Nick Fury leading a squad of soldiers vs Hydra. Marvel turned it down, but later, when Hama agreed to write the G.I Joe comic (after everyone else offered it had turned it down) he simply dusted off the the Fury vs Hydra concept and used it for G.I. Joe. And know you know.

And knowing is half the battle.

Larry would go on to contribute to Chikara as a writer. Really.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Die Laughing posted:

I know a dude that was put in charge of a million dollar bank account to hunt down every He Man toy in the best condition possible, and get custom figures made for a character or two from the cartoon that were never in the toyline, for Eminem.

I'm pretty sure that either this dude you know is lying to you about the weirdest self-brag ever or you've invented a self-brag about knowing a person in that scenario

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Is "self-brag" redundant

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

CombineThresher posted:

Larry would go on to contribute to Chikara as a writer. Really.

He still wanted to write about Hydra in some form, I suppose.

But really, what's this about Hama and Chikara? I've never heard this.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

I'm not sure it's the best idea to pattern your look after Cyber Kong.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

That's a really bad setup.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I'm just assuming that interviewer is a character from Guardians 2.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Aesop Poprock posted:

I'm pretty sure that either this dude you know is lying to you about the weirdest self-brag ever or you've invented a self-brag about knowing a person in that scenario

Nah. The guy brought him to our local comic shop before, and he cleared out a rack of toys. Eminem just has the money to collect whatever nerdy poo poo his heart desires. Who would have thought that all these white rappers from the Detroit suburbs are massive loving nerds?

Holland Oats
Oct 20, 2003

Only the dead have seen the end of war

sticklefifer posted:

I'm just assuming that interviewer is a character from Guardians 2.

Or an off-brand Comicbookgirl19

Sigma
Aug 24, 2003

Grimey Drawer

I have a lot of respect for actors who play along with jokey media day interviews. They spend hours in a hotel answering the same questions and a lot of them opt to tell publicists not to do anything that isn't basic and simple.

Germ Incubator
Nov 4, 2009

*Cowboy Shit*
I've had enough already and I haven't even started on the coat *cries*. Thankfully once I'm done with these and the trunks it'll be nice large bits of glitter fabric, much less fiddly and infuriating.

and actual content:

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

What up new favorite photo. These two would make the Road Warriors look like whimpering babies.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

man this thread has lost its way.

more good content less meme poo poo

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

HulkaMatt posted:

man this thread has lost its way.

more good content less meme poo poo

Okada cosplay is not a meme. :colbert:

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Germ Incubator posted:

I've had enough already and I haven't even started on the coat *cries*. Thankfully once I'm done with these and the trunks it'll be nice large bits of glitter fabric, much less fiddly and infuriating.

and actual content:

Are you going to add a wire frame with fake bills around you so it looks like you're constantly making it rain?

Germ Incubator
Nov 4, 2009

*Cowboy Shit*

Davros1 posted:

Are you going to add a wire frame with fake bills around you so it looks like you're constantly making it rain?

Thought I'd stick to buying or printing a load and then just getting someone to throw them about when I take proper pics, might make it a bit hard to get through doors when you're balling that much :P Also I'll be wearing in England so it will def. be actually raining too!

On the Road Warrior Shibata & Sakuraba front, I bought the issue of Kaminoge with them on the cover so I could frame it. They have some really awesome covers in general.

Kifisonfire
Jan 15, 2008

what a loving rudo

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Great White Hope posted:

Okada cosplay is not a meme. :colbert:

But you know what is?

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!

BUBBA GAY DUDLEY posted:

But you know what is?

My wife and I were watching his interview with Seth Meyers and when he walked out, my wife says, "He looks like a kid wearing his dad's suit. Why does his suit look so bad?"

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

hamsystem posted:

My wife and I were watching his interview with Seth Meyers and when he walked out, my wife says, "He looks like a kid wearing his dad's suit. Why does his suit look so bad?"

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Kifisonfire posted:

what a loving rudo

Brian Cage rules

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

hamsystem posted:

Probably doesn't get his suit tailored - then again, I've seen a lot of bodybuilder-type dudes that look really, really weird in suits. Like they just grabbed them off the rack and went "welp, guess it's supposed to be baggy like a tracksuit that's 3 sizes too big"

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
I'm sure the kids asked for Steph specifically & she didn't go for self-promotion.

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Legit love convos about how stupid cena looks & related pictures.

BlueArmyMan
Mar 30, 2007
Hooloovoo

Credit to rovert for RTing this

Sigma
Aug 24, 2003

Grimey Drawer

BlueArmyMan posted:

"What do you mean that pencil dick is dating Noelle Foley?"

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

BlueArmyMan posted:

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

The clown was at the last NXT show in Columbus and yelled something when he was walking to the back of the line and I told him to gently caress off.

I know that's a worthless story but it felt good to say it to him in person.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Sigma
Aug 24, 2003

Grimey Drawer
I wonder if he paid money for everyone one of those pictures, or if the WWE comped him.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Who's the clown guy

Sigma
Aug 24, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Aesop Poprock posted:

Who's the clown guy

A moron who goes to a lot of WWE shows, and as a result, gets comped good seats when there are empty front row section seats. He is also dating Noelle Foley last time I checked.

https://twitter.com/FrankWWEClown/status/606947050442354688

quote:

Keyboard warriors out in full effect on this lovely Friday afternoon.

To that I say:

Hi @NoelleFoley, you're what really matters to me.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

And also got his wig stolen one time and had a huge shitfit about how personal it was to him and how each color meant something special or some BS.

electric funeral
Oct 16, 2004

ACCIO PANTIES
*swoosh flick*

sportsgenius86 posted:

The clown was at the last NXT show in Columbus and yelled something when he was walking to the back of the line and I told him to gently caress off.

I know that's a worthless story but it felt good to say it to him in person.

So what you're trying to say is you're not down with the clown?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

The smugness and contempt compliment each other perfectly here.