Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DarkMalfunction
Sep 5, 2014

Uziduke posted:

Maybe the drifters have tech to stop the clone transfer.

She had Terran superweapon tech though, so she must have some ace in the hole. Was it her who took part in numerous drug fuelled orgies of debauchery in her youth? Probably quite a big hole then, though I could be thinking of someone else.

DarkMalfunction fucked around with this message at 21:11 on Aug 21, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Huge_Midget
Jun 6, 2002

I don't like the look of it...

Uziduke posted:

Maybe the drifters have tech to stop the clone transfer.

You know the drifters probably shunted her clone transfer into one of their own bodies. Totally going to get a Locutus of Amarr thing going.

Uziduke
Jul 2, 2015

A storm over Europe unleashed
Dawn of war a trail of destruction
The power of Rome won't prevail
See the Catholics shiver and shake

Huge_Midget posted:

You know the drifters probably shunted her clone transfer into one of their own bodies. Totally going to get a Locutus of Amarr thing going.

That would be epic.

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

Why do they all share names? That looks like a people name instead of Drifter fucklord #42069.

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

SperginMcBadposter posted:

Why do they all share names? That looks like a people name instead of Drifter fucklord #42069.

Explanation 1: Instead of waiting until they die to activate a clones, some sleepers downloaded into multiple bodies at once. They've spent the last x thousand years living in a virtual Matrix world while their old bodies were in cold storage, so the whole physical form thing is kinda just a convenience. They're grabbing capsuleer corpses from space to re-purpose for the job because their original bodies are completely wrecked from Jovian disease. All of the drifters are just a couple of their best pilots, replicated a bunch of times.

Explanation 2: Alternately, the drifters are not sleepers aren't humans at all, even in the loose sense that Jovians are human. Instead it's a digital AI consciousness that's harvesting corpses of both sleepers and capsuleers to turn into meat puppets. They all have the same name because they're all just bits of the same AI. Why an AI needs a body to pilot a super-advanced spaceship is an open question.

Klyith fucked around with this message at 21:44 on Aug 21, 2015

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

Speaking of jovians, did they ever do anything with them? They had been keeping to themselves in their isolated region for years when I played last.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends

Speaking of jovians, did they ever do anything with them? They had been keeping to themselves in their isolated region for years when I played last.

they've started deploying observatories in random space, and the seekers and drifters are sort of interested in them (I think)

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012
Since jovians and sleepers have already demonstrated their ability to intercept and alter capsuleer death streams, it wouldn't surprise me that the Empress is either truly dead, or was mind-jacked (again), or even abducted this way.

Edit: Why didn't she just jump out the instant she saw them warp in? The drifters wouldn't have time to scramble the titan because of their distance and jumpdrives are for all purposes instantaneous.

SugarAddict fucked around with this message at 22:27 on Aug 21, 2015

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

Jovian space got blown up in some kind of crazy hypernova that destroyed all their stargates. It was probably some kind of weapon or artificial event, and the Sisters of Eve either were involved or know what happened.

What most of the players who are deep into lore think is their whole civilization split apart over what to do about the Jovian disease. The 'good' Jovians stuck around in Jovian space and meddled with the 4 empires to promote tech development and give hints for developing brain implants and capsuleer stuff. Possibly they were guiding the empires in the same science they did to themselves and watching to see where they went wrong with the disease, and have us invent a cure. Maybe they were just being altruists. People suspect they're actually all dead now, and their stuff is just running on autopilot. The few jovians that show up in Eve history were like the last remnants left alive.

The 'bad' Jovians went off into wormhole space and killed off the ancient civilizations living out there and got really into Mad Science. But despite using two entire civilizations as experimental lab monkeys, they never cured the Jovian disease so instead they put themselves in suspended animation and became the Sleepers.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

they've started deploying observatories in random space, and the seekers and drifters are sort of interested in them (I think)
Probably the observatories have been around for a super long time and are becoming visible because they're old & falling apart.

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AYYYE DEEEEE DUBBALYOO DA-NYAAAAAH!

SugarAddict posted:

Edit: Why didn't she just jump out the instant she saw them warp in? The drifters wouldn't have time to scramble the titan because of their distance and jumpdrives are for all purposes instantaneous.

Jump fatigue :ironicat:

Dr. Pangloss
Apr 5, 2014
Ask me about metaphysico-theologo-cosmolo-nigology. I'm here to help!

gwrtheyrn posted:

:vince:

Zasze
Apr 29, 2009

gwrtheyrn posted:

Not empty quoting the new canon.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE
CCP said yes to superhyperdunking. :fap:

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe
Tukoss, the capsuleer scientist whose body the drifters decided not to salvage, made alterations to his body. Drifters didn't necessarily stop clone transfer, and there is no confirmed lack of clone transfer. The drifters simply wouldn't use his body.

Tukoss has always worked in secret, in hiding, to avoid DED (or something).

On the surface this looks like a normal podding, with Jamyl respawning elsewhere.

Tinfoil is CCP is installing Max Singularity as Emperor, but then they could be baiting with what they know the players want.

I'm curious whether they left her body behind.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Delta Echo posted:

Tinfoil is CCP is installing Max Singularity as Emperor, but then they could be baiting with what they know the players want

The thing is wide open man, we have to install Max.

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Wait, this game has lore?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tcdo-vrGerw

Numismancer
Sep 15, 2004

by sebmojo
Provi plans are coming together nicely, spent today carving up the sov map in a way that would make a 19th century colonialist proud. This is going to be a weird war - the timelines are short due to Fozziesov mechanics, it's extremely distributed instead of top-down managed, and no one - not us, not Provi, and not the rest of the game - really has a clue how it'll go down.

That said, if this crazy ~chevauchee~ strat works, I'm looking forward to wars lasting 3 days instead of months. Lot more opportunity to ravage the galaxy and spread 'content'.

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

Hexel posted:

No way CCP's roleplayers would let it happen. Aside from the practical issues of whether the emperor will maintain a subscription, and unexpected fuckCCP diatribes. Jamyl was used as part of the lore campaign to slowly introduce drifters and entosis tech. With a player emperor, they're losing a key lore puppet.

There are other figurheads to tap, though, and it's viable to send Jamyl into hiding, to return after Max Singularity's reign.

RP would be much more active and interesting if it is produced by a player character.

Do I think Max can be trusted to not poo poo on canon or overstep his lore boundaries? Yes. He is a dedicated roleplayer, intelligent, and good natured. I attended his corp player gathering before he was cool. He's good people.

Anagram of GINGER fucked around with this message at 01:18 on Aug 22, 2015

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Numismancer posted:

Provi plans are coming together nicely, spent today carving up the sov map in a way that would make a 19th century colonialist proud. This is going to be a weird war - the timelines are short due to Fozziesov mechanics, it's extremely distributed instead of top-down managed, and no one - not us, not Provi, and not the rest of the game - really has a clue how it'll go down.

That said, if this crazy ~chevauchee~ strat works, I'm looking forward to wars lasting 3 days instead of months. Lot more opportunity to ravage the galaxy and spread 'content'.

You have mandated that all sov must be taken using trollceptors right? It's the only way CCP will learn.

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

Hexel posted:

Anagram of GINGER fucked around with this message at 01:20 on Aug 22, 2015

Numismancer
Sep 15, 2004

by sebmojo

darth cookie posted:

You have mandated that all sov must be taken using trollceptors right? It's the only way CCP will learn.

We're looking to come up with the most obnoxiously cancerous and overpowered doctrine possible for GSF's target constellations - each Imperium alliance is going to do their own thing, so we'll be able to advance our ~best practices~ a lot faster. Flanders is hard at work poking at various cloaking things with sticks, the idea of a bloc war where literally everything cloaks makes me giggle. We've been seriously discussing stuff with T3Ds, or 'hey, all rapiers and falcons lol', pretty much anything toxic and sadistic is on the table. Cloaking crap is nice because hey, Blops bridges.

These are designed to win the war - ie, achieve the objective - while letting goons zoom around like maniacs outside of timer fights ganking and having fun. They're not designed for a Dominion-style large fleet engagement, so it's going to take some adjustment for everyone.

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012

gwrtheyrn posted:

Since her life is more valuable than the titan, there was nothing stopping her from simply ejecting and docking in a station, or even then, board a cov-ops ship, cloak and warp off that way to evade them.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

Numismancer posted:

We're looking to come up with the most obnoxiously cancerous and overpowered doctrine possible for GSF's target constellations

Can any less be expected? There's a reputation to maintain. :colbert:

Popehoist
Feb 5, 2008

There you go rubens, all your fault! You went on the wrong side of the car!

SugarAddict posted:

Since her life is more valuable than the titan, there was nothing stopping her from simply ejecting and docking in a station, or even then, board a cov-ops ship, cloak and warp off that way to evade them.

Is it canon that she is a terrible PVPer?

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe
That would be hilarious if it wasn't part of the plan to get her podded, and someone forgot to warp out.

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe
Until her employment history says Doomheim, she's alive.

https://gate.eveonline.com/Profile/Jamyl%20Sarum%20I

And even that can be reversed. The dates of her employment history show dev hacks, so even if the character is biomassed, she can be created again like she was in July.

http://evewho.com/pilot/Jamyl%20Sarum%20I/

Easy enough, but biomassing also means someone can claim the character name. Whether they would biomass her to be thorough, I can't decide.

I would run a locator agent on her, but I'm 1200 miles from my computer.

Anagram of GINGER fucked around with this message at 02:19 on Aug 22, 2015

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Numismancer posted:

They're not designed for a Dominion-style large fleet engagement, so it's going to take some adjustment for everyone.

Being an rear end in a top hat and making our enemies want to blow their own brains out rather than deal with us is not new.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Delta Echo posted:

No way CCP's roleplayers would let it happen. Aside from the practical issues of whether the emperor will maintain a subscription, and unexpected fuckCCP diatribes. Jamyl was used as part of the lore campaign to slowly introduce drifters and entosis tech. With a player emperor, they're losing a key lore puppet.

There are other figurheads to tap, though, and it's viable to send Jamyl into hiding, to return after Max Singularity's reign.

RP would be much more active and interesting if it is produced by a player character.

Do I think Max can be trusted to not poo poo on canon or overstep his lore boundaries? Yes. He is a dedicated roleplayer, intelligent, and good natured. I attended his corp player gathering before he was cool. He's good people.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1SCKJHwrLbTrtntu3L8_z871Of8soVNX_LMw39mRGKYE/edit

eta http://community.eveonline.com/news/news-channels/world-news/court-chamberlain-confirms-death-of-empress-jamyl-i/

Bilirubin fucked around with this message at 03:23 on Aug 22, 2015

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe
It would be hardcore if CCP biomassed player characters, Game of Thrones style. Like Hilen Tukoss, whose capsuleer status is also more or less alive (and whose locator results indicate wormhole space).

http://evewho.com/pilot/Hilen+Tukoss

I'm down to go a-hunting for her majesty, but seriously what do locator agents say.

//ok I finally got someone to help with a locate, as I'm not at my computer.

Anagram of GINGER fucked around with this message at 06:22 on Aug 22, 2015

GrandTheftAutism
Dec 24, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Delta Echo posted:

It would be hardcore if CCP biomassed player characters, Game of Thrones style. Like Hilen Tukoss, whose capsuleer status is also more or less alive (and whose locator results indicate wormhole space).

http://evewho.com/pilot/Hilen+Tukoss

I'm down to go a-hunting for her majesty, but seriously what do locator agents say.

//ok I finally got someone to help with a locate, as I'm not at my computer.

I knew it. One medical clone fresh out of the wrapper and all she has to do is lay low.

ferroque
Oct 27, 2007

Is there a quick and dirty explanation of the entire lore?

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE
:3: this is so broken

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Is that using your new pegging technique?

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

yes, since i have immunity until ccp declares this an exploit im going to kill as much stuff i can before the next workday

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

When the light turns green, you go. When the light turns red, you stop. But what do you do when the light turns blue with orange and lavender spots?

Ferroque posted:

Is there a quick and dirty explanation of the entire lore?

Really bad

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

:3: this is so broken

Whathowinthewhynow?!

Either way, what's really broken is the loot fairy. :argh:

Wolfy
Jul 13, 2009

yes, since i have immunity until ccp declares this an exploit im going to kill as much stuff i can before the next workday
Care to let us know what you're doing? Last I heard you guys were just doing old fashioned hyperdunking with bombers.

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

ScreamingLlama posted:

I knew it. One medical clone fresh out of the wrapper and all she has to do is lay low.

So apparently you are https://forums.eveonline.com/profile/Alessienne%20Ellecon

Alessienne Ellecon posted:

Yeah, I'd be surprised as hell if Jamyl turned out to be dead for real. In all likelihood, she's probably gotten another clone fresh out of the wrapper and is laying low somewhere (as others have just pointed out).

I play Gallente and even I'm a fan.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

Tippis posted:

Either way, what's really broken is the loot fairy. :argh:

It dropped like 800 mil. I was so pissed, but then I was cheered up:

http://i.imgur.com/kxc9687.png
http://i.imgur.com/WYpzHx4.png

Wolfy posted:

Care to let us know what you're doing? Last I heard you guys were just doing old fashioned hyperdunking with bombers.

I'll go through the entire process in a couple of days.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beathhail
Aug 21, 2015

gwrtheyrn posted:

Jamyl Sarum's I final words "gently caress you Greyscale!!!"

• Locked thread