Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pzaQjS1JstY

This came up on a GIS for "twinkie truck":

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!
Lol @ all these nerds frontin like they dont have shrines to little debbie and hostess in they house

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

Tastykake is supreme.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Twinkies are ok but the first time I tried them I just couldn't believe how artificial and preservative-filled they tasted.

First time I had American chocolate was a grim surprise too. Trying to remember the name of them, 'chocolate' with a honeycomb inside which was also gross. They're a weak copy of the far superior Malteser.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Zingers are what you want.

They are a good form of twinkie

Galler
Jan 28, 2008

88h88 posted:

Twinkies are ok but the first time I tried them I just couldn't believe how artificial and preservative-filled they tasted.

First time I had American chocolate was a grim surprise too. Trying to remember the name of them, 'chocolate' with a honeycomb inside which was also gross. They're a weak copy of the far superior Malteser.

KitKat? Yeah, not exactly the pinnacle of chocolate candy.

antisodachrist
Jul 24, 2007

Galler posted:

KitKat? Yeah, not exactly the pinnacle of chocolate candy.

I think he's referring to Whoppers malt balls. They are vile.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

antisodachrist posted:

Them's the ones! I bought a bag because wow, we have those in the UK! Nope. Horrible. They tasted like they were stale and covered in the kind of chocolate you give to dogs.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

88h88 posted:

Them's the ones! I bought a bag because wow, we have those in the UK! Nope. Horrible. They tasted like they were stale and covered in the kind of chocolate you give to dogs.

You don't give chocolate to dogs, dummy. They can have carob.

beep-beep car is go
Apr 11, 2005

I can just eyeball this, right?

PCOS Bill posted:

:thejoke:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

PCOS Bill posted:

:thejoke:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Don't you :thejoke: me.

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?
In Europe dog chocolate is actually a thing. My ex wife (Swedish) ate a Hershey kiss and said it was exactly like dog chocolate. I didn't follow up by asking why she knew what dog chocolate tasted like.

It's basically chocolate flavored and colored corn syrup.

Only time I have ever encountered carob was trick or trading at the religious house on our block as a kid. loving disgusting.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

GutBomb posted:

In Europe dog chocolate is actually a thing. My ex wife (Swedish) ate a Hershey kiss and said it was exactly like dog chocolate. I didn't follow up by asking why she knew what dog chocolate tasted like.

It's basically chocolate flavored and colored corn syrup.

Only time I have ever encountered carob was trick or trading at the religious house on our block as a kid. loving disgusting.

What you are probably not liking is American "milk" chocolate, which basically means its diluted. Personally, I prefer what we call "dark" chocolate - more or less a more concentrated version. It also tends to be less sweet, which isn't a problem for me. Dark chocolate definitely tastes better.

e: and yeah, carob sucks.

Darchangel fucked around with this message at 21:27 on Aug 21, 2015

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

Darchangel posted:

What you are probably not liking is American "milk" chocolate, which basically means its diluted. Personally, I prefer what we call "dark" chocolate - more or less a more concentrated version. It also tends to be less sweet, which isn't a problem for me. Dark chocolate definitely tastes better.

Also Hershey's is objectively garbage. If you want real chocolate, buy from a real chocolatier.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

antisodachrist posted:

Whoa motherfucker what

BoostCreep
May 3, 2004

Might I ask where you keep your forced induction accessories?
Grimey Drawer

Safety Dance posted:

Also Hershey's is objectively garbage. If you want real chocolate, buy from a real chocolatier.

Hopefully that's changing soon.

http://www.thehersheycompany.com/newsroom/news-release.aspx?id=2017846

I grew up near Hershey, PA and that place was magic as a kid. Once they made the switch to all terrible palm oil and PGPR or whatever I stopped buying their products. Hopefully it'll taste like actual chocolate again with these changes.

insta
Jan 28, 2009

Darchangel posted:

e: and yeah, carob sucks.

Hershey's also has butyric acid in it (found in vomit), which is a hold-over from the process used to "fix" the questionably-fresh milk originally used for the bars. It's why other countries compare Hersheys to vomit :science:

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

They laid the truck on it's side and drove it in.

Amateurs :colbert:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MRmjwVljcIc

insta posted:

Hershey's also has butyric acid in it (found in vomit), which is a hold-over from the process used to "fix" the questionably-fresh milk originally used for the bars. It's why other countries compare Hersheys to vomit :science:

This must be why it has such a weird taste compared to other milk chocolates. The one thing I miss from living in the UK as a kid was the awesome Cadbury and other chocolate they had. I wish I could afford to go to UK or Europe and just stock up on as much chocolate as possible, then eat it all at once and die of diabetes like a true, proper American. :patriot:

BOOTY-ADE fucked around with this message at 22:14 on Aug 21, 2015

antisodachrist
Jul 24, 2007

Code Jockey posted:

Whoa motherfucker what

They are a poo poo version of Maltesers. You can find Maltesers at World Market and some grocery stores.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

insta posted:

Lovely.

e: Terrible truck spotted in SoCal (one of the few bro-trucks so far):

(note horns on roof)

Darchangel fucked around with this message at 22:22 on Aug 21, 2015

wayfinder
Jul 7, 2003
So THAT'S what that was. I remember the vomity taste from eating Hershey's once (and then never again)

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

Darchangel posted:

Lovely.

e: Terrible truck spotted in SoCal (one of the few bro-trucks so far):

(note horns on roof)

Was this taken from the BMP-in-a-trailer?

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

MrYenko posted:

Was this taken from the BMP-in-a-trailer?

This was taken from "I was driving and had the phone in a mount, and that was the easiest way to take the pic one-handed."
I'm sorry my lovely picture of a lovely truck doesn't live up to your ~PRO~ standards. (I don't like vertical pics either - I didn't have time to gently caress around getting the best shot here.)

godface zillah
Nov 18, 2012

Couldn't get a side picture but it was on white steelies and the rear bumper appeared to be a wood post painted black, you could see the grain underneath.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Transformed into a piece of poo poo, amirite?

ComfyPants
Mar 20, 2002

Megaturd.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Drive it around the northeast and it'll transform into a pile of rust within the month... or... I dunno, it's on a PA plate, maybe bad joke.

Night Danger Moose
Jan 5, 2004

YO SOY FIESTA

One of the Facebook groups I follow just posted this tonight. Why...

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Come on, those are hilarious.

Applesnots
Oct 22, 2010

MERRY YOBMAS

Night Danger Moose posted:

One of the Facebook groups I follow just posted this tonight. Why...

How do you balance that? or do they spin or something?

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Mr.Bob posted:

How do you balance that? or do they spin or something?

they stay stationary while the wheel spins. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lGr5qYp1-Ww

edit: so affordable, too! http://www.westcoastwheelfactory.com/index.php/wheels/a-d/dub/dub-skirt-series-zigzag-ch.html

Powershift fucked around with this message at 06:42 on Aug 22, 2015

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Powershift posted:

they stay stationary while the wheel spins. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lGr5qYp1-Ww

That looks so unbelievably weird

QuiteEasilyDone
Jul 2, 2010

Won't you play with me?

Powershift posted:

Something about that setup screams terrible 90's CG demo... the coloration, shape, and apparent lack of motion is off, uncanny. It hurts to look at.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Great, now you've got me looking at other dumb poo poo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SCbv4ouJ2sA

Those are $10,200 wheels.

On the plus side, china makes tires for them now, so the tires are only $1400 a set.

godface zillah
Nov 18, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OUhy-DbmLjY

This has one of the zig zag types. Car is "worth an estimated $95,000 dollars"

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

If you can't go through these without laughing, you have no sense of humor

https://www.westcoastwheelfactory.com/index.php/wheels/a-d/dub/skirt-series.html

charliemonster42
Sep 14, 2005

Glad to see the stereotype of Camaro owners being douchebags still holds true. That truly is something else.

HandlingByJebus
Jun 21, 2009

All of a sudden, I found myself in love with the world, so there was only one thing I could do:
was ding a ding dang, my dang a long racecar.

It's a love affair. Mainly jebus, and my racecar.

Powershift posted:

Great, now you've got me looking at other dumb poo poo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SCbv4ouJ2sA

On the plus side, china makes tires for them now, so the tires are only $1400 a set.

That is loving awesome. In the worst way. But still awesome!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Powershift posted:

:stare: