Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Niwrad posted:

Weren't dirty pins in the game like 5 years ago? It's funny seeing "new features" added that the game had in the past.

You're not supposed to know that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
People talk about this like it's some hilarious realization, when pretty much any yearly franchise does the exact same thing.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.

sticklefifer posted:

You have a George Zimmerman CAW?

CRAZED GUN JUDGE or LURKING GUN LUNATIC

Golden Bee fucked around with this message at 18:21 on Aug 19, 2015

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.
I'm glad I can continue to make child murderer CHRIS BEN WALL

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

Niwrad posted:

Weren't dirty pins in the game like 5 years ago? It's funny seeing "new features" added that the game had in the past.

They are still in on the last gen version of 2K15.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Golden Bee posted:

HOOD BURGLAR

PATRIOTIC HOOD BURGLAR KILLER

BAD GOD

PRO WRESTLER

SOVIET SENATOR BERNIE

WILLIAM WILLIAMSON WILLIAMS & "GOLDEN" GOLD GOLDMAN

JAPANESE FRENCHMAN
My tag team of THE NATURAL ABS KID and MR. BLACK BLACKMAN was highly dominant

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

remusclaw posted:

They are still in on the last gen version of 2K15.

I can do them on my PS4 copy as well.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

The best CAW name is CHICKEN CHICKEN CHICKEN CHICKEN.

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

One of my CAWs was a guy with all default settings called: CHET THE MAN

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

ShootaBoy posted:

I can do them on my PS4 copy as well.

You can do leverage pins in next gen 2k15, where you roll them up from a standing dazed position. There are no contextual "put your legs on the ropes" dirty pins like the one shown in the clip.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

projecthalaxy posted:

Ultimate Crack Smoking Warlock was I think from WWE 13.

Was that the same one that had Black Man Eliminator?

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

sticklefifer posted:

Was that the same one that had Black Man Eliminator?

It was. You could also be the Southern Gun Justice Executioner.

http://www.thesmackdownhotel.com/wwe13/guides/wwe-13-create-a-superstar-stable-tag-team-call-names-full-list

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.

projecthalaxy posted:

Ultimate Crack Smoking Warlock was I think from WWE 13.

Newjack?

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
If anyone was wondering, here's how KOTR works in "Season 2" of SuperCard:

- one big deck, with no distinction between "active" and "inactive" cards
- no inactive cards means no stamina regeneration!
- instead, you get an energy card from every exhibition match (in addition to your two board pulls). Max energy cards upped to 25.
- so basically you have to pay much closer attention to the game during a KOTR, playing exhibition games to keep your cards charged. No more "set it and forget it" where you just switch around your cards every few hours until the KOTR brackets.

Well, this new approach is demanding way more engagement than I'm willing to give the game, so I guess I'm done! Yes I know, it's doing me a favor.

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...
Start playing the UFC iPhone game. It's a much more fun time suck.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

Muddy Burphy posted:

Start playing the UFC iPhone game. It's a much more fun time suck.

Haven't heard about this at all, what's it like? Some sort of card based system I hope?

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

SCOOP IT!

he knows...

triplexpac posted:

Haven't heard about this at all, what's it like? Some sort of card based system I hope?

It's not a card game. You start with one fighter (there are slots for 5) and you try to level up in fights and earn rewards. It's weighted to help out people who pay for things, but I've done pretty well not having to pay.

It's much more like Immortals than Supercard.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

triplexpac posted:

Muddy Burphy posted:

It's not a card game. You start with one fighter (there are slots for 5) and you try to level up in fights and earn rewards. It's weighted to help out people who pay for things, but I've done pretty well not having to pay.

It's much more like Immortals than Supercard.

You don't really need to pay since you start out with a decent fighter in Gus. I did buy the starter pack with Conduit just to get another fighter, but it's pretty fair and there aren't a lot of mechanical differences between rare fighters and everyone else.

How it works is you fight a CPU opponent, controlling a fighter via touch screen (it works a lot like EA MMA mobile), each strike you land or hit a timed evade fills up a bar, when the bar fills up (typically 3 strikes or 2 evades) it loads an ability card from your ability queue. Abilities include technique punches, kicks, and takedowns. If you get to the ground there's GNP strikes and subs (the game only gives you like 20 seconds on the ground before a standup).

Ability cards can be leveled up by purchasing training packs for fake or real money. You get fake money by completing challenges, winning events, or doing the career fights (there's like 150 fights or so). Training packs also include fighters, though the drop rate even on a common fighter is real low. To date I've gotten ultra-rare fighters TJ Dillashaw, Jose Aldo, and Johny Hendricks after purchasing something like 400 5-card training packs. The main difference between rare fighters and everyone else is the number of ability slots. Strikers will have more striking ability slots, wrestlers will have more takedowns and subs, etc.

In addition to winning fake money for doing career or exhibition fights, each active fighter in your roster earns passive income based on how many fights you've progressed through in career mode. There are 5 weight classes and you have one active fighter in each. This is mostly how I get characters leveled up, by not playing for a while (this game hurts my wrists if I play it all the time so I'm okay with this).

There is no stamina like in many F2P games, but as you progress in career mode the stat gains of the opponents will exceed what you can earn by fighting, which is where I think the devs want you to spend money. I just log in once a day to collect earnings and play every once in a while.

There are 5 weight classes:

Flyweight/Bantamweight
Featherweight/Ligntweight
Welterweight/Middleweight
Light-heavyweight/Heavyweight
Women's Bantamweight

With the exception of women's 135, the rosters are pretty decently sized.

While the controls are simple and largely timing based, stuff like height and reach matter a lot. Johny Hendricks is bad because you're in a division where you have to fight guys like Anderson and Rockhold and he's got stubby arms, so the only way you can land technique strikes is to land them at the end of a combination.

edited: it's really hard to time a screenshot of a connected strike. Oh well. Pretend Khabib crumbled Chad$ with his qigong here:

1st AD fucked around with this message at 22:07 on Aug 20, 2015

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
Oh thank god, there are cards. Ok I'm in.

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

SCOOP IT!

he knows...
^^^ A much better explanation than I could have conjured up.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

triplexpac posted:

Oh thank god, there are cards. Ok I'm in.

Yup.

Two types of cards:
Abilities
-Standup
-Ground
and characters

Cards are used to level up your fighting abilities or overall stats like health and power. You can only use standup cards to level up standup abilities, ground cards to level up ground abilities, or character cards to level up characters.

Each character has a set number of abilities; there's a synergy bonus if you use like cards to level up like abilities/characters. This process used to take forever since the higher level characters all have like 15 abilities, but now there's an auto-train that will take care of poo poo for you.

I edited my first post with images. Maybe I'll do a follow up with fight strategies if anyone is actually playing this.

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

SCOOP IT!

he knows...
I'd love a fight strategies post.

Am I the only one who rarely gets ground strike cards?

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

New WWE Immortals Update!

It has death knight Lesnar, kitty cat Batista, totally not Drax, cyber ninja Rollins and pirate Rollins. Also, every trace of Hogan has been completely removed from the game. RIP Hogan.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_Ru69XyLhg

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

Liar Lyre posted:

Seth Raiden Rising.

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Liar Lyre posted:

Warhammer 40k, Mortal Kombat 2, Metal Gear Rising.

Hmm.

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC
If they don't make a fully fledged fighter with all of these Immortals assets they're leaving money on the table.

----------

I tried out a sick rear end monster truck game on iOS called MMX. Here is my truck, Jeff Dawg.

Jeff Dawg needs a big rear end flag to fly from the tailgate. How about this one?

Oh yeah, this game is lousy with IAP. WWECoin isn't worth poo poo.

Jeff Dawg doesn't have a chance.

Okay John Cena.

So this plays like a one button Excitebike. Keep the revs in the green to start, then mash the accelerator until you get to a jump, then release right before the jump.

When your first wheel touches the ground, slam back on the accelerator and repeat until the finish line. The more accurate your jumps and landings are, the more speed you maintain. It gets repetitive !

Thanks for putting on a shirt. Here are the trucks.

All in all I prefer Halloween Havoc for my monster wrassletruckin.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

How is taker not a hearse

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
Good to finally have confirmation that Big Show's favourite game is Blast Corps.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
More importantly why isn't Show's Truck the one he had at Halloween Havoc 1995.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
Maybe the secret to TEW success is just having a great 'working champion' like in the old territories days.

In my 4 years running the glorious AWA, we've had 27 A rated matches. Ricky Steamboat has been in 24 of them. The other 3 being Ted Dibiase vs Terry Gordy, Bobby Eaton vs Owen Hart, and Big Van Vader vs Terry Gordy

And this is still not enough to stay National for more than a month :argh:

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Maxwell Lord posted:

More importantly why isn't Show's Truck the one he had at Halloween Havoc 1995.

Because that was The Giant, not Big Show :colbert:

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Snacksmaniac posted:

How is taker not a hearse

If anything he should be Grave Digger.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Austin said 2K16 covers his career from start to finish

Rooting for Ringmaster

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

Chris James 2 posted:

Rooting for Ringmaster

I want to relive that feud with Savio Vega

and I actually would enjoy bringing back the Hollywood Blondes

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
The last third of the game is you guest refereeing and hosting podcasts.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Chris James 2 posted:

Rooting for Ringmaster

Stunning Steve Austin is in the game apparently so there's that.

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Pillman supremacy baby.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

seems 2k fixed the lovely kickout mechanism by switching it from a bar to a circle WHOA :vince:

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

super macho dude posted:

seems 2k fixed the lovely kickout mechanism by switching it from a bar to a circle WHOA :vince:

Ah yes, lovely systems like "use proper timing and reflex to escape" as opposed to the much better system of "loving MASH AS HARD AS YOU CAN EVERY TIME BECAUSE WE DON'T GIVE YOU ANY INDICATION IF YOURE DOING IT WELL ENOUGH"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Archbishop Karaoke
May 10, 2006

Chris James 2 posted:

Rooting for Ringmaster

I just want this to mean a WMC TV5 arena for Memphis wrestling and Center Stage in Atlanta for WCW Saturday Night are in the game.