Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Signal
Dec 10, 2005

LordAba posted:

I remembered! So, drum roll for the dice roll and...

Results 1d10: 1 [1d10=1] http://orokos.com/roll/317361

So Signal wins! I'll send out a PM, or post my email if you don't have it. Once I have shipping info I will end out Aetherium! The only thing I ask is that you post when you get it and let me know of your first impressions. ;)

Yay! Thank you!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
I've just taken pictures of all the latest stuff that's been donated to the EU Grab Bag! Click here: https://goo.gl/photos/hMShNAjY6yp8n2vR9

LOADS of Praetorians have been added, classic (e.g., expensive) GW IG models, so many I had to split them up into command squad, 3 different 6-man infantry squads, 3 mortar squads, heavy weapons, support guns and even a transfer sheet! There's also a classic Eldar support gun, some Cadian models and more.

Remember, to be in the prize draw for the Grab Bag all you have to do is complete at least one Oath in any month! Every month there's a new winner!

bencreateddisco
Dec 7, 2011

I BLEW $74K IN KICKSTARTER MONEY AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS UGLY AVATAR
I, bencreateddisco, do oath this full box of (38) 28mm Perry Foot Knights (1450-1500)

IMG_9216-Edit.jpg

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

bencreateddisco posted:

I, bencreateddisco, do oath this full box of (38) 28mm Perry Foot Knights (1450-1500)

IMG_9216-Edit.jpg

Accepted!

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

lovestick posted:

End of season for those!

You have your point for this bad boy, nice work on the paintjob! Judges points go in a different column for that month and you should already have credit for it.

Also please note I am able to update the spreadsheet pretty much only on weekends unless it is the end of the month so please be patient. If you are concerned about missing points please PM me! Your speedpainting turned out great and all oaths from the last week are now up to date.

I wasn't freaking out, I just happened to notice it. Thanks for your efforts for the oath thread, they are appreciated.

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Signal posted:

Yay! Thank you!

Order out! Once I hear about tracking or any delivery details I will pass them on.

The Dregs
Dec 29, 2005

MY TREEEEEEEE!
Is it too late to start? I have never done this before. I want to oath these Bones monsters I am using for Frostgrave. Here is a lovely before pic.

drgnvale
Apr 30, 2004

A sword is not cutlery!

The Dregs posted:

Is it too late to start? I have never done this before. I want to oath these Bones monsters I am using for Frostgrave. Here is a lovely before pic.

Its not too late, but you'll need to make an oath post according to the rules in the beginning of the thread. Mostly you need to have the worldtimeserver.com web page open (and on the correct timezone (there's a link in the instructions)) and clearly legible in the picture.

Thundercloud
Mar 28, 2010

To boldly be eaten where no grot has been eaten before!
I, Thundercloud, oath 20 German infantry, a light artillery team and a mortar team from Warlord Games in 28mm. 450 points for Bolt Action.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

The Dregs posted:

Yep, please see the OP and the examples on this page to make a correct Oath, then I'll accept it if it's OK. Like the one below! This is mainly to make sure that people are actually painting fresh, unpainted or newly primed models during the month they're Oathing.

Thundercloud posted:

I, Thundercloud, oath 20 German infantry, a light artillery team and a mortar team from Warlord Games in 28mm. 450 points for Bolt Action.

Oath Accepted!

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Oath Complete! Claiming the August Challenge for the various fires. One of these I will take pictures that do not suck, but not today. Plus I don't have access to good lighting.

The gang all together

Riot Grrls (Bikini Kill rocks BTW)

Pyromantics! Also, the spray can has a crappy "Ubik" freehand on it. From the Dick book Ubik. Gold star! One of the members likes Pink Floyd a lot.

Tov. We didn't start the fire.

Pylons!
[timg]http://i.imgur.com/W3itRf7.jpg[t/img]

LordAba fucked around with this message at 01:42 on Aug 19, 2015

Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Speed painting some rats.

Better pictures will have to wait until my completion post.

Hedningen
May 4, 2013

Enough sideburns to last a lifetime.
Screw it, I have a ton of unpainted lead, my write-up on the game has me wanting to finish my other demo crews, and I don't start my new job for a couple of weeks. Might as well get some motivation to start painting again - haven't touched a brush in years, and the wost that can happen is goons mocking my terrible painting skills.

I, Hedningen, hereby Oath 1 Cuchillo (30mm), by Freebooter Miniatures.

Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Oath addition!
2 Reaper Bones Spiders.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

Electric Hobo posted:

Speed painting some rats.

Hedningen posted:

I, Hedningen, hereby Oath 1 Cuchillo (30mm), by Freebooter Miniatures.

Electric Hobo posted:

Oath addition!
2 Reaper Bones Spiders.

Oaths Accepted!

Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

Grimey Drawer

krushgroove posted:

Oaths Accepted!

The speed painted rats were already oathed. I only have the 6.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

Electric Hobo posted:

The speed painted rats were already oathed. I only have the 6.

Accepted anyway!

Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Harsh!

Mugaaz
Mar 1, 2008

WHY IS THERE ALWAYS SOME JUSTICE WARRIOR ON EVERY FORUM
:qq::qq::qq:
Haven't painted minis in years.

1 Infinity Pan-Oceania force from Operation Icestorm
1 Fusileer Box missing male heads

Think the primer is bad, these look all weird =/

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

Mugaaz posted:

Haven't painted minis in years.

1 Infinity Pan-Oceania force from Operation Icestorm
1 Fusileer Box missing male heads

Think the primer is bad, these look all weird =/

The primer is bad; was it humid the day you primed them? That, being too far away from the models, or just having a bad can will mess it up. You might be able to brush off some of the fuzz with a toothbrush but stripping and re-priming may be necessary.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

That's pretty much exactly what happened to the other stuff I wanted to Oath this month. I need to pick up some dettol and strip em.

Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Oath addition! Again!
1 Well of Chaos from Reaper and 3 treasures made from bits and bobs.

The small thing on the left is part of a treasure.

TheArmorOfContempt
Nov 29, 2012

Did I ever tell you my favorite color was blue?
Well ladies I am off to ComicCon Chicago for the weekend, because working is for suckers, going to leave this right here.
OATH COMPLETE!

Going to go ahead and claim the Achievement Box Art.
Thunderfire Cannon

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

We got crabs? We got crabs!
Back from vacation and ready to paint:

I, lilljonas, hereby oath to paint one squad (10 men, including a LMG) of 28mm German Gebirgsjäger infantrymen.

The models are originally plastic Afrikakorps Germans from Perry Miniatures, but are converted with bits from Warlord Games and a bit of green stuff.

With timestamp

In lightbox, hopefully a little more visible

Ledgem
Oct 20, 2010
Oathing for August: 3 Super Dungeon Explore heroes from Soda Pop Miniatures and one Wyrd Miniatures through the breach model!

nesbit37
Dec 12, 2003
Emperor of Rome
(500 BC - 500 AD)
August oath complete! I am claiming both the technical and theme August jurnal challenge (I know you only get points for 1 but I did both, so take your pick for judging), backstory, and the spring cleaning achievements.

Below is the warrior ent Blackened Twig
In the very first battle this ent fought in he quickly found one of his arms ablaze. This frightened all of the ents, but rather than panic and immediately seek water or burn the tree creature fought on. It pummeled the day's foes with burning limbs, losing many branches and leaves to the blaze on its body but winning the day. The battle won the ent the nickname of Blackened Twig, and now it before engaging foes it purposely ignites itself to cause fear and greater damage to its enemies. The other ents think Blackened Twig is reckless and somewhat crazy, though its methods are certainly effective even if the tree seems to heal more slowly and regain fewer of its leaves after every battle.

For spring cleaning, I present my workstation before:

and after...

Germ
May 7, 2013

nesbit37 posted:

Below is the warrior ent Blackened Twig
In the very first battle this ent fought in he quickly found one of his arms ablaze. This frightened all of the ents, but rather than panic and immediately seek water or burn the tree creature fought on. It pummeled the day's foes with burning limbs, losing many branches and leaves to the blaze on its body but winning the day. The battle won the ent the nickname of Blackened Twig, and now it before engaging foes it purposely ignites itself to cause fear and greater damage to its enemies. The other ents think Blackened Twig is reckless and somewhat crazy, though its methods are certainly effective even if the tree seems to heal more slowly and regain fewer of its leaves after every battle.

Blackened Ent for president! That is super cool.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through
Oath Addition:

1 Cows On Fire, from Mantic Games, 28mm

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!
OATH COMPLETE!

The Challenge is the fire this first guy is summoning from his hand. I'm not sure the usual wisdom of darkening the flame color towards the edges/tips works as well for magical green fire as it would for a naturalistic fire, but it turned out all right.

I'm claiming I Rolled A 6! for this second model, seeing as it's an objective marker and all.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through
Go even darker. I used a light drybrush of pure black on green fire and it really completed the look:

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!
Word. I might go back and do that later, yeah. Not stressing it for right now since I'm not in the running for any prizes anyway. :v:

Hedningen
May 4, 2013

Enough sideburns to last a lifetime.

Oath complete, in a technical fashion, but don't bother counting this for official thread purposes due to incredible shittiness; just posting this abomination before stripping and re-painting.

Hooooly poo poo, I'm out of practice, should probably work on replacing my dead paint, and shouldn't have tried for the stripe pattern - it's poor freehand, too blobby, and interferes with the details. This thing is destined for stripping, but it's accomplished the goal of getting me painting again, and I've already started on painting more. So thank you, Oath Thread, for giving me a reason to start painting and practicing again - I'll likely keep this as a reminder of hubris and the necessity of practice, because having an eternal monument of terrible work on the internet helps.

Also, it's food or stripping the paint this month, so I'm gonna go with food.

Monoliths
Jul 7, 2009

:parrot:JUDGE JULY:parrot:

1 Point - Ugleb

I'm pretty sure that's a tiny Liam Neeson, and that's wonderful all by itself, but you've done a great job painting him and his buddies. His chin looks a little stubbly, even at a distance, which means he's probably been kicking rear end at least all day long. The league of shadows fellas are suitably ninja-y in their subdued grey-blue suits, very sensible. I certainly can't overlook the heroes, who are both very well represented in their classic colors. They're immediately recognizable, which is further helped by the crisp and graphic shading.

2 Points - WhiteOutMouse

A cool selection this month! It's always a pleasure to see such a committed night lord scheme, it's a great look for the maulerfiend. I'm really enjoying the objective markers, the components are well picked, the idol in particular is perfect for such purposes. Their scheme is simple but well executed, and hangs well with the big guy. Also it's fun to try and rationalize that these evil warriors have badass ceremonial armor stands for when they just feel like lounging about the doom fortress in a daemonbound onesie or something.

3 Points - Arson Fire

This thing is just spectacular. The most immediately grabbing thing is, of course, the gradient across the plates. The blue is strong and consistent in saturation all throughout the spectrum, which is distributed really evenly over difficult, wide expanses. Your red steps back a little from the spotlight but doesn't lose any depth, and the detail colors are each chosen well given their roles on the model. drat fine work!

Technical Challenge Point - Germ

Falling a little loosely under "create a banner for your troops to rally around," I feel I should give you this month's theme bonus for actually making a life-size banner for real people to rally around. The image is hilarious, the text is well-placed, and the overall design is attractive, legible, and sturdy-looking. May your enemies behold and tremble before the glassy-eyed stare!

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

ASK ME ABOUT HOW SCOTLAND'S PROPOSED TRANS LEGISLATION IS DIVISIVE AS HELL BECAUSE IT IS SO SWEEPING THAT IT COULD BE POTENTIALLY ABUSED AT A TIME WHERE THE LACK OF SAFETY FOR WOMEN HAS BEEN SO GLARING

Monoliths posted:

:parrot:JUDGE JULY:parrot:

1 Point - Ugleb

I'm pretty sure that's a tiny Liam Neeson, and that's wonderful all by itself, but you've done a great job painting him and his buddies. His chin looks a little stubbly, even at a distance, which means he's probably been kicking rear end at least all day long. The league of shadows fellas are suitably ninja-y in their subdued grey-blue suits, very sensible. I certainly can't overlook the heroes, who are both very well represented in their classic colors. They're immediately recognizable, which is further helped by the crisp and graphic shading.

Holy cow Batman! I wasn't expecting this! Thanks very much, this is my first time on the scoreboard and is a a very welcome surprise. Thanks for the kind words, glad you liked them.

This point winning entry is dedicated to our sponsors Springer-Pinsel and their fine brush sets. They are certainly helping me to improve my results! ;)

LazyAngel
Mar 17, 2009

I, LazyAngel, oath for August one Odin Command Walker from Dropzone Commander (Hawk Wargames, 10mm)

Zenithal priming, looks odd as primer fuzzed up in the humidity (and I hadn't shaken the white enough). Not bad enough for dettol, and a toothbrush took care of the rough texture. Lazy oath anyway, as I only have about a week of painting time this month, and want to make sure my colour scheme works.

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

ASK ME ABOUT HOW SCOTLAND'S PROPOSED TRANS LEGISLATION IS DIVISIVE AS HELL BECAUSE IT IS SO SWEEPING THAT IT COULD BE POTENTIALLY ABUSED AT A TIME WHERE THE LACK OF SAFETY FOR WOMEN HAS BEEN SO GLARING
Pedantic post warning - that is actually a Zeus, Odin is the double rail gun one.

LazyAngel
Mar 17, 2009

Ugleb posted:

Pedantic post warning - that is actually a Zeus, Odin is the double rail gun one.

This is what comes of low-effort posting.

EDIT: And the odd inclusion of norse gods, which is a bit out of place compared to the rest of the PHR naming scheme, come to think of it.

LazyAngel fucked around with this message at 23:05 on Aug 21, 2015

LazyAngel
Mar 17, 2009

:siren:Oath Complete!:siren:
Surface is a bit rough, but please it came out okay. Bit small to do masked lines though, more fiddly than it's worth.

Claiming Speed Painting this month, due to it being too hot to do much else today.

Anyone recognise the colour scheme?

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

I'm thinking neon genesis evangelion but could be wrong. I'm thinking of the prototype.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LazyAngel
Mar 17, 2009

Ugleb posted:

I'm thinking neon genesis evangelion but could be wrong. I'm thinking of the prototype.

No actually... hadn't even thought of that. Think strategy-game franchise.

• Locked thread