Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What gun are you going to use in this Call of Duty?
The good one that everyone else uses
Another, different gun
View Results

• Locked thread
CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

26 hours to download beta

RIP PSN

VVVV Oh, sweet. A mere 11 hours, I can deal with that

CuddleCryptid fucked around with this message at 05:59 on Aug 22, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Javes
May 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT APPEARING OFFLINE SO I DON'T HAVE TO TELL FRIENDS THEY'RE NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR MY VIDEO GAME TEAM.
Fun games tonight guys. Got extremely laggy for a bit there but we got some good matches in. I haven't used the Weevil yet but I feel like all of the ARs and SMGs are viable. Yay weapon balance! Also, black hat needs a nerf. UAVs stay in the air for mere seconds before they're either shot down or hacked.

DreamShipWrecked posted:

26 hours to download beta

RIP PSN

Spam pause/resume until the download speeds up. Worked for me and a few other people.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

I can't tell if carpet bomb and lightning strike are really weak or if the hellstorm missiles are just stupid strong. It feels impossible to get less than 2 kills with the latter, whereas the first two often just whiff completely

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
I like the new shotgun, get all sorts of horseshit kills with it

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]

Javes posted:

Fun games tonight guys. Got extremely laggy for a bit there but we got some good matches in. I haven't used the Weevil yet but I feel like all of the ARs and SMGs are viable. Yay weapon balance! Also, black hat needs a nerf. UAVs stay in the air for mere seconds before they're either shot down or hacked.

The Weevil kinda feels like horse poo poo. It seems like it's a 4-5 hit kill at all ranges which is some hot garbage for a gun with as much recoil as it has.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

dragon enthusiast posted:

I like the new shotgun, get all sorts of horseshit kills with it

Yeah, horseshit, when they should be par for the course.

loving Treyarch.

versus
Sep 11, 2001

:iw:

Mister Macys posted:

The default BRM is a solid LSAT clone, and a soothing balm to the steaming hot shitpiles of disappointment that are the pump shotgun and semi-auto rifle.

Hoooly gently caress, it's SMR levels of slow for it's ROF. It's no loving FAL at all. More like FAIL.

The semiauto AR definitely has some Ghosts marksman rifle firerate going on, but killing in one headshot or two bodyshots out to the longer side of mid-range is pretty decent.

Dingo is pathetically weak with a silencer and only has 60 rounds' capacity.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Are they going to raise the level cap anymore? I want to try out that burst sniper rifle

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

OneDeadman posted:

The Weevil kinda feels like horse poo poo. It seems like it's a 4-5 hit kill at all ranges which is some hot garbage for a gun with as much recoil as it has.

Yeah pretty much, it jumps around like crazy so I just went back to the Razorback.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

:sigh:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wyqi9PHQyrE

What I had equipped:
- Laser Sight
- Quickdraw Grip
- Long Barrel
- Rapid Fire

Mister Facetious fucked around with this message at 10:44 on Aug 22, 2015

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -
started up game, fired up a mission of whatever uplink is, got put on a team losing 11-1 with like maybe 2 minutes left. Okay, sure, whatever. :shrug:
Next mission get put on a team by myself against 6 people with no help and the shotgun now refuses to work and immediately go about 0-8.

Nope. Noooooope. No more.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Of all the things I was expecting a destiny-style timed power up was not one of them.

Also the movement system is pretty natural but with such small distances to cover it fills a similar gap as the jump pack does. In titan fall you used it to cover large distances, bouncing from point to point to save your pack. Here you are running about ten feet

Also I am bad at console shooters, PC gaming has ruined me holy poo poo

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Mister Macys posted:

:sigh:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wyqi9PHQyrE

What I had equipped:
- Laser Sight
- Quickdraw Grip
- Long Barrel
- Rapid Fire

Enable comments on your videos you loving pansy.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Nah.

Not interested in having a conversation with morons over the internet saying, "Herp derp derp derp...". I'm trying to be a demagogue here.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Youtube comments are near universally bad and dumb

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Yardbomb posted:

Youtube comments are near universally bad and dumb

May I recommend this? :q:

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Mister Macys posted:

Nah.

Not interested in having a conversation with morons over the internet saying, "Herp derp derp derp...". I'm trying to be a demagogue here.

Bro, you're posting here.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

And by my logic, you should feel complimented that I engage in conversation with ya'll, because I'm implying you're not stupid! :downsrim:

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

We've been posting about Call of Duty for years, we know better.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

If we knew better, we wouldn't keep buying Call of Duty games. :freep:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hnzHtm1jhL4

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Mister Macys posted:

If we knew better, we wouldn't keep buying Call of Duty games. :freep:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hnzHtm1jhL4

Thanks to these betas, I might not be buying any Call of Duty games this year, especially on console. I'm kinda tired of paying money to play games with P2P Multiplayer, anyway. The PC version doesn't have this "hybrid system" BS.

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.
are you implying you're going to buy this game... on pc......

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Hit it until it's not a problem anymore

Javes posted:

Also, black hat needs a nerf. UAVs stay in the air for mere seconds before they're either shot down or hacked.

Black hat takes forever to hack something, it's usually not worth hacking a UAV/CUAV, just shoot it down with the launcher.

The real place black hat shines is hacking things like the wraith or raps dropship. It's crazy how you get to take it over. I think you need multiple black hats, bigger streaks have "firewalls", which I luckily found out when someone tried to hack my hatr.

Also, the initial lmg is totally more m60 than lsat. I think it's always a 3hit kill? Putting rapid fire on it is great.

New shotgun is great, it just suffers from the lag problem all guns do, where strafing makes a bunch of shots miss. If they're moving towards/away from you or you have host pro it owns bones.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Hackan Slash posted:

Also, the initial lmg is totally more m60 than lsat. I think it's always a 3hit kill? Putting rapid fire on it is great.

Wasn't thinking of the damage, I was going by the rate of fire and it's lack of recoil; no grip required. :hellyeah:

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]
My solution for all shotgun problems is to recklessly slide head first into people with it and hope it kills.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

Mill Village posted:

Enable comments on your videos you loving pansy.

All of my videos are commentable and none of you ever do.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Hackan Slash posted:

Black hat takes forever to hack something, it's usually not worth hacking a UAV/CUAV, just shoot it down with the launcher.

The real place black hat shines is hacking things like the wraith or raps dropship. It's crazy how you get to take it over. I think you need multiple black hats, bigger streaks have "firewalls", which I luckily found out when someone tried to hack my hatr.

If you whip out your black hat immediately and start hacking when you hear the UAV is up, you can get it with slightly more than 50% of its time left. You then get 50 points instead of the 75 for shooting it down, but you also get UAV assist points. I tend to go for the hack if our team doesn't have one but shoot it down otherwise.

As for firewalls, every score streak from guardian and up needs two black hats to hack, the first one takes down the firewall and the second steals it. The firewall seems like it also takes longer than the steal. You can hack individual R.A.P.S. balls but it's way better to just hack the drop ship. If you're quick you can get 2/3rds of them on your side instead of theirs

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

Hackan Slash posted:

New shotgun is great, it just suffers from the lag problem all guns do, where strafing makes a bunch of shots miss. If they're moving towards/away from you or you have host pro it owns bones.
Yeah hacking Wraiths and RAPS ships is fun as hell. Takes forever though and many times I just get blown up in the attempt because you have to stand out in the open like a retard. However, having a RAPS halfway through its pattern start dropping hostile bombs on the person who called it in is funny as poo poo. UAVs and trip mines only take 1, most everything else is 2. That seems a fair compromise.

And it's hilarious seeing how latency varies from game to game. It's really obvious with the small map rotation. Macys and I were playing last night and we could get the same map twice in a row against the same people and one game I'd have a 2.8 KDR and the next 0.47. If it was at least consistent I could probably learn to adjust.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Safeguard is fun and I just killed a whole loving team with a gravity spike :black101:

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
you get spawn trapped way too easily in safeguard

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

dragon enthusiast posted:

you get spawn trapped way too easily in this game
FTFY. I said last night it seems like they're just throwing poo poo at the walls to see what sticks when it comes to spawns. Got killed 3x by the same guy because he was running in a straight line and I kept spawning directly in front of him. Popped up once in the other team's spawn and got shot in the back by somebody who spawned in behind me. Also spawning in directly in someone's LoS seems common too. Seems like they did tweak flipping the spawns faster though which helps some.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

I can't wait to see how these maps handle Ground War. :allears:

Some of them feel too small for 6v6.

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
Only got a chance to play about 6 hours over 2 days. I think I got to level 15. I didn't put much variety into my classes and didn't try out too many weapons. The first AR was OK, but I think I liked the second's slower rate of fire. I found sniping to be a little difficult, but only because I kept expecting quick ads and target acquisition. Blops sniping has been my favorite in the series so when I remembered to slow down I was having more success. Kills are EXTREMELY FORGIVING with body shots. Holy poo poo. And I'm totally fine with it, given the direction of movement mechanics recently.

Movement feels way better than AW. I hated having to constantly press my left thumb stick. But, wall running seemed like more of a novelty on these maps. The maps felt too small for the mechanic to be useful.

The most fun I had in beta was in the last hour I played. Kill confirmed, shotgun. It's already been said. Hit detection can be frustratingly inconsistent. Range is insane when you land shots. Wish I played long enough to unlock long barrel.

I got killed by the razer(?) a lot. Is that like the ak-74u? After a very long year away from cod, it was fun to jump back in. Not sure if I'll pick it up this year, though.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

I haven't played that much but it has a good blops 2 + titanfall feel to it. More interesting than AW. Still not sure I'm going to buy it because I'm still on the Destiny train (still burned after spending $100 on AW and barely playing it) and I'd rather stick to one multiplayer shooter and get gooder at it than jump back and forth between games.

Inside Out Mom
Jan 9, 2004

Franklin B. Znorps
Dignity, Class, Internet
Figured I'd give this a shot since it's free beta demo thing. I swore off these games a few years ago, but after seeing the zombies adverts I'm interested again. I'll be playing in a few hours. psn znorps if you want to laugh at a dad on the internet.

Manxome Foe
Apr 6, 2005

Beware the Jabberwock, my son! The jaws that bite, the claws that catch!
A new CoD game for us goons to play, rage out at, and quit in 3 months. Sign me up.

VoLaTiLe
Oct 21, 2010

He's Behind you
The last COD I played alot was BLOPS2 so I had high hopes for BLOPS3

Needless to say COD has changed alot and I won't be buying BLOPS3

Whats with all the crazy jumping and insta kills, its even more confusing than COD normally is

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

I went back to play Ghosts for a few games just to see if I was going crazy and misremembering.

... nah, CoD has gone monkeyfuck mountain dew adrenaline adhd speed since then.

It feels so much slower and more deliberate (not in a bad way) than AW or BO3.

Dunno. On the fence on this game. I don't dislike the mobility as much as AW, but infinite sprint + fast movement + wall running + jetpacks + small three lane maps = eh. Supers are kind of... why also.

May stick with Destiny for ttk pvp, move on to Titanfall 2/Ghosts 2 next year.

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

Gonna be playing later tonight so add me so we can get mad together.

BostonZombie

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Javes
May 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT APPEARING OFFLINE SO I DON'T HAVE TO TELL FRIENDS THEY'RE NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR MY VIDEO GAME TEAM.

victrix posted:

I went back to play Ghosts for a few games just to see if I was going crazy and misremembering.

... nah, CoD has gone monkeyfuck mountain dew adrenaline adhd speed since then.

It feels so much slower and more deliberate (not in a bad way) than AW or BO3.

Dunno. On the fence on this game. I don't dislike the mobility as much as AW, but infinite sprint + fast movement + wall running + jetpacks + small three lane maps = eh. Supers are kind of... why also.

May stick with Destiny for ttk pvp, move on to Titanfall 2/Ghosts 2 next year.

Ghosts was an abortion of a CoD. Big, serpentine maps aren't fun. Treyarch seems to have figured out that three lane maps make the most sense for the CoD formula. BO3 incorporated some 3D movement but avoided the staccato boost jump mechanics of AW that forced a lot of the gunfights to occur in the air.

• Locked thread