Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I'm looking at the 10 team 0 ppr (2rb,3wr,1te,1flx) beer sheet and it shows Gronk's value at 5.1. That puts 10 RB's, 6 WR's, and 1 QB ahead of him. Is this saying Gronk should be drafted behind all of them? I just find it odd that McCoy (and a few others) are valued above Gronk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

In 0 PPR, yeah, might be. RBs are huge in those formats.

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Remind me tomorrow and I will make you a sheet.
Thanks, probably better than this, whatever this IS. I always liked excel and started f'ing with it to make power ranking for my fantasy baseball league, now I am an addict. Basically, ESPN projected scoring, I adjusted the QB TD's to six, ran the average of each position group, then divided a players points by that, that is the last column, where 1 is average for the sample which was like 300 players, but then I did it by position group. IDK, whatever. Yours is probably MUCH better, but I like to have fun too! Eh, missed taking McCown out of flex but you get the point.

Michael Corleone fucked around with this message at 19:09 on Aug 22, 2015

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Since we're talking about modifying crap in excel, does anybody know how to adjust auction values based on players being kept (since it removes points and dollars from the league)?

ZIGfried
Nov 4, 2005

I can hardly contain myself!
ESPN may have the worst predictive scoring I've ever seen. Basically every wide receiver is going to get at least 10 points a week because they're basically guaranteed a touchdown right?

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

ZIGfried posted:

ESPN may have the worst predictive scoring I've ever seen. Basically every wide receiver is going to get at least 10 points a week because they're basically guaranteed a touchdown right?

In PPR that just means like 5 catches for 50 yards

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
Ya, I am just going to use Beer Sheets, because I am not going into the draft using the Yahoo rankings like I always used to. Thanks guys for telling me how dumb the standard ratings are.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

ESPN doesn't seem to cross-compare scoring projections, though, so you'll get a QB projected to have 18 points and then you add up his WRs and they're supposed to earn 40 total between them or something stupid like that.

cheese
Jan 7, 2004

Shop around for doctors! Always fucking shop for doctors. Doctors are stupid assholes. And they get by because people are cowed by their mystical bullshit quality of being able to maintain a 3.0 GPA at some Guatemalan medical college for 3 semesters. Find one that makes sense.

RCarr posted:

I'm looking at the 10 team 0 ppr (2rb,3wr,1te,1flx) beer sheet and it shows Gronk's value at 5.1. That puts 10 RB's, 6 WR's, and 1 QB ahead of him. Is this saying Gronk should be drafted behind all of them? I just find it odd that McCoy (and a few others) are valued above Gronk.
Gronk is the clear #1 TE, but TE's just dont score that much. His 178 standard points last year put him as RB#9 and WR#10. I want someone with the #1 pick who can score 230+ points in a season and the TE ceiling as we know it is just too low.

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
OK, In my league their SHOULD be 12 QBS 48 RBS 48 WRS and 12 TES starting. That is ideal, but there are 2 RB 3 WR 2 WR/RB 1 WR/TE and 1 TE. I think I am going to get some LEGIT projections, go with those numbers for an average, do the same thing I did before for each group, but this time TE will be its own grouping. Should give a more relevant sampling, then do the same thing with about 30 or so bench RBS and WRS and maybe 10 TES and QBS. If a TE and other position is cloudy will just go by projected points, but won't be drafting a back up unless VALUE! appears with my formula, but it would have to be pretty huge.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
I didn't see a master list for Beer Sheets on the first page.

Does somebody have a link? Gotta get my auction draft on and I wanna check to see if one matches my league before I request a new one.

Reik
Mar 8, 2004

cheese posted:

Gronk is the clear #1 TE, but TE's just dont score that much. His 178 standard points last year put him as RB#9 and WR#10. I want someone with the #1 pick who can score 230+ points in a season and the TE ceiling as we know it is just too low.

Isn't it not so much how many points he can score, but how many more points he can score compared to the next best option available?

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Reik posted:

Isn't it not so much how many points he can score, but how many more points he can score compared to the next best option available?

Absolutely it is. Otherwise you'd always draft your QB in the first round.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Papes posted:

Evans > Hilton > cooks

Hilton/Evans > Cooks, really

Fight Club Sandwich
Apr 29, 2006

you want a piece of me???

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

Does somebody have a link? Gotta get my auction draft on and I wanna check to see if one matches my league before I request a new one.

Every year he makes them and every year I say "goddamnit beer put them in the OP"

BeerSheets 2015-08-21

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause

Reik posted:

Which in a non-PPR is even less of a difference and even more of a reason to not draft a TE ever ever ever

Honore_De_Balzac
Feb 12, 2013

Dandy Kaiser posted:

Which in a non-PPR is even less of a difference and even more of a reason to not draft a TE ever ever ever

Gronk the third or wait on TE in non ppr.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

RCarr posted:

Yeah that's what it's saying. He's decidedly first tier, but TE is pretty devalued particularly in standard leagues.

Michael Corleone posted:

Thanks, probably better than this, whatever this IS. I always liked excel and started f'ing with it to make power ranking for my fantasy baseball league, now I am an addict. Basically, ESPN projected scoring, I adjusted the QB TD's to six, ran the average of each position group, then divided a players points by that, that is the last column, where 1 is average for the sample which was like 300 players, but then I did it by position group. IDK, whatever. Yours is probably MUCH better, but I like to have fun too! Eh, missed taking McCown out of flex but you get the point.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/gxkkq7ylyx5ce3c/Michael%20Corleone.xlsx?dl=0

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

OP updated.

Spoeank posted:

Since we're talking about modifying crap in excel, does anybody know how to adjust auction values based on players being kept (since it removes points and dollars from the league)?

The way auction values work is you sum up the total available auction dollars [TEAMS*(POOL - ROSTER SIZE)], divide that by the sum of positive player value in the pool, multiply that by the projected value of each player, and add $1 for the minimum bid. So in the case of keepers you would subtract the value and auction price from both pools and recalculate.

Beer4TheBeerGod fucked around with this message at 21:46 on Aug 22, 2015

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames

Thank you! Is the VAL the same for all position groups, ie; can I sort them by overall VAL to create a 'Big Board'? Thanks again.

packsmack
Jan 6, 2013
In my 10 person 1 ppr I've been talking myself into gronk at 13. Now everyone is saying no? I thought it was a savvy move because gronk will outscore the average tight end by more than whatever receiver I would take would outscore the average wr.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

In a snake draft I would certainly consider Gronk in the second round, especially if you're drafting at 8th and then 13th, and assuming a good RB1 fell to you at 8th. Then again, if an elite WR was still there in spot 13, I would probably take him, assume Gronk would not fall to me in the 3rd round, and in that case, just take any old TE in like the seventh or eighth round.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
So, I WAS gonna draft Gronk/JJ Watt in my first two picks. So, I have to update you with what happened....Antonio Brown was there at my pick 7 out of my 10 team league. Could not pass that up. JJ Watt went later in the 2nd round.

10 man - 0.5 PPR
1qb, 2rb, 3wr, 1te, 1k, 2lb, 1dl, 1db

Really happy about my elite reciveing code. PPR to the max, brah. And then when Foster comes back...!!

GAYS FOR DAYS
Dec 22, 2005

by exmarx
Had my draft this afternoon. First time doing an in person draft and it was a lot of fun. I didn't like the draft being this early though. I'm pretty happy, but it's still early.

QB Tony Romo

RB Leveon bell

RB CJ Spiller

WR Julio Jones

WR Golden Tate

WR Jarvis Landry

TE Rob Gronkowski

FLEX Davante Adams

D/ST Seattle

K Dan Bailey

BNCH Eddie Royal

BNCH Kyle Rudolph

BNCH Dorial Green-Beckam

BNCH Jonas Gray

BNCH Marcus Mariotta

It's not a ppr league. I can't remember the order I drafted them in, it was up on a giant board.

cheese
Jan 7, 2004

Shop around for doctors! Always fucking shop for doctors. Doctors are stupid assholes. And they get by because people are cowed by their mystical bullshit quality of being able to maintain a 3.0 GPA at some Guatemalan medical college for 3 semesters. Find one that makes sense.

Reik posted:

Right, that wasn't very clear the way I said it. The gap between Gronk and the number 5 or 10 TE is smaller than between the top RB/WR and the number 5/10 WR. Last year, you could get half of Gronks numbers with a TE off the waiver wire or in the 12th round. I can't get half of Antonio Browns or LeVeon Bells numbers off the waiver wire (at least not very likely). There is also his injury history and no Brady for the first four games.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Leperflesh posted:

In a snake draft I would certainly consider Gronk in the second round, especially if you're drafting at 8th and then 13th, and assuming a good RB1 fell to you at 8th. Then again, if an elite WR was still there in spot 13, I would probably take him, assume Gronk would not fall to me in the 3rd round, and in that case, just take any old TE in like the seventh or eighth round.

This. This is the only scenario where I'm taking a TE before the 3rd to last round right before my kicker and defense, even then I'm going WR/RB, RB/WR, or WR/WR at the top of the draft almost every single time. Maybe in a weighted PPR where WR, RB, and TE all get different values, TE being the highest; then my opinion would change, and even then, I would need to probably see Gronk fall to me in the early second before I pulled the trigger.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

89 posted:

So, I WAS gonna draft Gronk/JJ Watt in my first two picks. So, I have to update you with what happened....Antonio Brown was there at my pick 7 out of my 10 team league. Could not pass that up. JJ Watt went later in the 2nd round.

10 man - 0.5 PPR
1qb, 2rb, 3wr, 1te, 1k, 2lb, 1dl, 1db

Really happy about my elite reciveing code. PPR to the max, brah. And then when Foster comes back...!!

Man. Frank Gore as your RB1 is very risky. He's old, man, and while I love the guy, I don't think you can count on a full season of RB1 production out of him. And then waiting to round 7 for your second RB... well, I hope Ellington or Stewart step up and outperform this year for you. I'm not that big on Mike Evans (although he has upside), and Golden Tate will do fine but if Megatron stays healthy I don't think you can expect him to score as well as he did last season (when he played just 13 games, at least one as a decoy).

I hope Brown and Gronk do really really well for you, man.

cheese
Jan 7, 2004

GAYS FOR DAYS posted:

Had my draft this afternoon. First time doing an in person draft and it was a lot of fun. I didn't like the draft being this early though. I'm pretty happy, but it's still early.

QB Tony Romo
RB Leveon bell
RB CJ Spiller
WR Julio Jones
WR Golden Tate
WR Jarvis Landry
TE Rob Gronkowski
FLEX Davante Adams
D/ST Seattle
K Dan Bailey

BNCH Eddie Royal
BNCH Kyle Rudolph
BNCH Dorial Green-Beckam
BNCH Jonas Gray
BNCH Marcus Mariotta

It's not a ppr league. I can't remember the order I drafted them in, it was up on a giant board.
Is this a 10 team league? You have 3 guys (Bell, Gonk, Julio) who often go in the first round...

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Leperflesh posted:

Man. Frank Gore as your RB1 is very risky. He's old, man, and while I love the guy, I don't think you can count on a full season of RB1 production out of him. And then waiting to round 7 for your second RB... well, I hope Ellington or Stewart step up and outperform this year for you. I'm not that big on Mike Evans (although he has upside), and Golden Tate will do fine but if Megatron stays healthy I don't think you can expect him to score as well as he did last season (when he played just 13 games, at least one as a decoy).

On the plus side, Algholor, Johnson, and Bradford look like pretty savvy picks and your defense looks pretty decent.

GAYS FOR DAYS
Dec 22, 2005

by exmarx

cheese posted:

Is this a 10 team league? You have 3 guys (Bell, Gonk, Julio) who often go in the first round...

12 teams. I had third pick and the draft order snaked around. Took Bell first, and I took Gronk 2nd and Julio third.

ZIGfried
Nov 4, 2005

I can hardly contain myself!

GAYS FOR DAYS posted:

QB Tony Romo

RB Leveon bell

RB CJ Spiller

WR Julio Jones

WR Golden Tate

WR Jarvis Landry

TE Rob Gronkowski

FLEX Davante Adams

D/ST Seattle

K Dan Bailey

BNCH Eddie Royal

BNCH Kyle Rudolph

BNCH Dorial Green-Beckam

BNCH Jonas Gray

BNCH Marcus Mariotta

You got some serious RB issues.

cheese
Jan 7, 2004

Leperflesh posted:

Gore as your RB1 doesn't really bother me if you had someone who was super trustworthy as RB2. Ellington and Stewart could both have great years, but are injury concnerns, and just because Crowell is the best back in Cleveland doesn't mean the coaches will give him the touches he deserves. Your running back core could be a shambles by week 4 :ohdear: DeSean in the 10th seems like great value - he was WR 16 last year with garbage QB play.

ZIGfried posted:

You got some serious RB issues.
Bell is suspended still and Spiller may or may not be healthy enough to start week 1. His RB tandem may be Gray and a blank spot week 1 :ohdear:

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

GAYS FOR DAYS posted:

12 teams. I had third pick and the draft order snaked around. Took Bell first, and I took Gronk 2nd and Julio third.

That's super late for Julio, great pick up for you :)

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames

RVProfootballer posted:

That's super late for Julio, great pick up for you :)

Great Big 3!

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

I realized it's gotten out of control. I realize I'm out of control.
I'm picking second in a 12 team 1PPR league. With everything else being standard, I'm really considering either Brown or Gronk with my first round pick. That jives with this thread, right?

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

GAYS FOR DAYS posted:

Congrats on your championship

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Maybe at 4, but provided that all of the talk about Turner wanting to get Peterson the ball in space and his catching being improved, you are almost assuredly passing up a RB that's going to catch 50+ passes (e: probably 70+ in the cases of Charles and Bell). I could see the logic behind it, but I probably wouldn't take anyone but Bell/Charles/Peterson in the top-3 in a 12+ team re-draft. I guess it really depends on how you feel about Bell's suspension/Peterson missing a year/Charles and Peterson's ages and historic workloads.

Teemu Pokemon fucked around with this message at 22:37 on Aug 22, 2015

The Aguamoose
Jan 10, 2006
"Yes, I remember the Aguamoose..."
Does anyone else have trouble with the nfl. com draft client losing connection or is it just me?

I never get past the 2nd round before it cuts out... I need to get this sorted because I can't think of anything worse than nfl.com auto drafting for me with their terrible rankings.

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

You are my underwater, underwater friends!

Mikey Purp posted:

I'm picking second in a 12 team 1PPR league. With everything else being standard, I'm really considering either Brown or Gronk with my first round pick. That jives with this thread, right?
That's the way to roll, I say. I want as many elite pass catchers on my PPR teams as possible.

Scruffy the janitor
Dec 31, 2007

A greater tragedy my eyes have never beheld

GAYS FOR DAYS posted:

QB Tony Romo

RB Leveon bell

RB CJ Spiller

WR Julio Jones

WR Golden Tate

WR Jarvis Landry

TE Rob Gronkowski

FLEX Davante Adams

D/ST Seattle

K Dan Bailey

BNCH Eddie Royal

BNCH Kyle Rudolph

BNCH Dorial Green-Beckam

BNCH Jonas Gray

BNCH Marcus Mariotta

Drop Rudolph and Mariota and find some flyer RBs quick like. Or start looking at trade options.

E: At least see if D. Williams is an fa so you have someone for Bell the first couple weeks.

Scruffy the janitor fucked around with this message at 23:34 on Aug 22, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fariz
Nov 10, 2009

You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain.
I have a pretty good feeling mccoy will be available where i pick after my keepers. Do i fall on that grenade or look elsewhere?

.5 ppr, keeping AP and megatron. Others likely to be there being gore, hilton, Evans tier players

• Locked thread