Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Miss Wallace posted:

For sure. There's no reason to deal with Scott Shaw, who's pretty shady and likes to raise a stink about any criticisms toward his work. He tried to remove my re-edit of my Zen Films video even though the re-edit was just audio and text. Besides, there are other films to talk about anyway, so no loss. :) It was fun while it lasted.

As for Springboard, yeah, Phelan and I used it, but they didn't monetize videos as much as Blip did and I was making more off of archive videos sitting doing nothing on Blip than Springboard. At a time where I depended solely on ad revenue, it hurt. Not to mention, a lot of people had issues using the player, and that hurt the audience. This might be different now, since it was a while ago, but I am still a little cautious of it since it could easily go the same way Blip did. I suppose that's the same for any kind of alternative player.

Speaking of Shaw, Rifftrax is doing Rollergator. Are you excited about a purple rubber hand puppet as I am? :duckie:

Also, I have no idea what that smiley means, but it's cute.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lornekates
Oct 3, 2014

Web Developer for phelous.com dot com.

Arcsquad12 posted:

Flash sucks, but so many websites still use it and gently caress Firefox if they think trying to disable flash in my browser to try and kill it will stop me from using it.

I like that Firefox disables outdated Flash. It's an extra layer of protection for me! Now something has to get past:
- AdBlock, and if it isn't blocked
- Ghostery, and if it isn't blocked
- NoScript, and if it allowed
- Firefox's "Click to activate outdated Flash", and if I accidentally click that
- Firefox's built-in Click to Play

Given there's been at least three or four separate "Flash allows poo poo to gently caress up your system through infected major ad networks" incidents in the PAST TWO WEEKS ALONE, I'm cool with an extra couple clicks to actually use Flash in the rare instance when I want to.

Miss Wallace
Feb 24, 2013

The nights will never be the same. ARARARAR!

Mr. Fowl posted:

Speaking of Shaw, Rifftrax is doing Rollergator. Are you excited about a purple rubber hand puppet as I am? :duckie:

Watched that one tonight! I've actually seen Rollergator before (he was in Max Hell Frog Warrior as well!) and lordy...even riffed, Rollergator is physically painful to watch. The music track makes everything so hard to hear, it gives me a headache every time. The riff was funny though!

Mr.Radar
Nov 5, 2005

You guys aren't going to believe this, but that guy is our games teacher.
Sorry, this is the last time I'll mention this.

:siren: There's still time to help preserve Blip's legacy! :siren:

The servers have not yet shut down so it's expected they will stay up through the weekend. If you want to help please follow these instructions:

Mr.Radar posted:

1. Download and install VirtualBox
  2. Download and import the Archive Team Warrior VirtualBox Appliance into VirtualBox
  3. After you import the appliance run it through the VirtualBox Manager
  4. When the appliance finishes booting it will show a screen telling you to navigate to localhost:8001 in a browser, do so
  5. Fill in a name and then (optionally) check the "Show Advanced Settings" box and increase the "Concurrent items" from 2 to 6 and "Rsync threads" from 1 to 2 (these are based on my experience with Blip.tv's bandwidth for download and the Archive Team's servers for uploading). Save you changes.
  6. On the Available Projects screen click the "Work on this Project" button for the Blip.tv project

Additionally, if you have a server on the Internet with a large amount of free disk space (at least 6 terabytes) and a 1 Gbit/s or higher connection (for incoming data) please contact me by PM or e-mail (my user name at outlook.com) ASAP. The Archive Team is running out of serves to offload videos onto so if we could "borrow" yours for a few days we would be forever grateful.

Junior Jr.
Oct 4, 2014

by sebmojo
Buglord

quote:

VirtualBox.exe - Application Error

The exception Breakpoint
A breakpoint has been reached.
(0x80000003) occurred in the application at location 0x5af9f280.

Click on OK to terminate the program

Well I'm screwed.

Junior Jr. fucked around with this message at 18:43 on Aug 22, 2015

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE
https://youtu.be/pXhnVjQBBaM

I know Thunderfoot is an rear end in a top hat and all but he did a pretty great job collecting footage from how much of a garbage fire and failure that dumbass Sarkeesian Effect documentary is.

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude

Tracula posted:

I know Thunderfoot is an rear end in a top hat and all but he did a pretty great job collecting footage from how much of a garbage fire and failure that dumbass Sarkeesian Effect documentary is.

Having never even heart of the guy before this, yes, this one video makes it that abundantly clear. The background info on that documentary is somewhat interesting, but at the same time, he himself also doesn't seem to have much of clue about the things he comments on, making this video kind of part of the trainwreck.

Linear Zoetrope
Nov 28, 2011

A hero must cook

Tracula posted:

I still think my favorite part of the whole Aurini/Owen dynamic is the part where they kept accusing each other of being misogynists. Noooo, it couldn't be. Say it ain't so guys :aaaaa:

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
my favorite part is the skull

TheMaestroso
Nov 4, 2014

I must know your secrets.

DoctorWhat posted:

my favorite part is the skull

Russian Obama hat killed me immediately.

Idran
Jan 13, 2005
Grimey Drawer

e X posted:

Having never even heart of the guy before this, yes, this one video makes it that abundantly clear. The background info on that documentary is somewhat interesting, but at the same time, he himself also doesn't seem to have much of clue about the things he comments on, making this video kind of part of the trainwreck.

If you want more information about him. Among other things, he joined FreeThoughtBlogs because of his anti-theism videos on Youtube (he was I think the most popular atheist blogger on Youtube at the time) and was fired within a month because he immediately started posting his anti-feminism screeds there.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

I'm interested in seeing where Professor Skull's new look is going to settle. I'm hoping for one of those mouth-frame Village People leatherman/Matthew-McConnahey-in-True-Detective mustaches to complement the cowboy hat and receding hairline.

TheMaestroso
Nov 4, 2014

I must know your secrets.

Idran posted:

If you want more information about him. Among other things, he joined FreeThoughtBlogs because of his anti-theism videos on Youtube (he was I think the most popular atheist blogger on Youtube at the time) and was fired within a month because he immediately started posting his anti-feminism screeds there.

Yep, found out about all his stupid crap from following PZ Myers on there. It was the first time I'd heard TF's dank opinions on the matter, so I was really surprised and grossed out by actually liking his older videos.

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008

Tracula posted:

This is such a delightful trainwreck and I'm sad that it ended. They accuse each other of being Hitler, then get together only to start accusing eachother again. Its great.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Yeah I still don't get why ArmoredSkeptic in his video about group think defended thunderfoot indirectly by sayin the feminists ruined his life. I really don't get it, considering that it's often an MRA tactic to bully those who can't fight back. Than cower and claim persecution to those that can.

http://m.gamerevolution.com/manifesto/totalbiscuit-flip-flops-on-progamergate-after-a-year-of-antijournalism-and-transphobic-remarks-34509

All I can say to this one is to anyone who said I was too hard on TB can eat it.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

Article not found. Got an archive link for it or something? I know TB can be a bit of a tosser but judging my the url those sound like some pretty big allegations.

Idran
Jan 13, 2005
Grimey Drawer

Tracula posted:

Article not found. Got an archive link for it or something? I know TB can be a bit of a tosser but judging my the url those sound like some pretty big allegations.

http://web.archive.org/web/20150822...c-remarks-34509

Mr.Radar
Nov 5, 2005

You guys aren't going to believe this, but that guy is our games teacher.

Junior Jr. posted:

Well I'm screwed.

Thanks for trying. :). It looks like they have enough people scraping, assuming Blip's servers stay up over the weekend.

Baka-nin
Jan 25, 2015

Tracula posted:

My favourite part was the last monologue with Aurini (he's the bald one right?) the `interesting` décor, the exaggerated gesturing and the ambient background music gave of a strong nineties FMV game villain cut scene vibe.

Linear Zoetrope
Nov 28, 2011

A hero must cook

Baka-nin posted:

My favourite part was the last monologue with Aurini (he's the bald one right?) the `interesting` décor, the exaggerated gesturing and the ambient background music gave of a strong nineties FMV game villain cut scene vibe.

Y'know, now that you mention it, are we sure Davis Aurini isn't in charge of the Brotherhood of Nod?

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Jsor posted:

Y'know, now that you mention it, are we sure Davis Aurini isn't in charge of the Brotherhood of Nod?

He's more like Diet Kane.

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

I always thought he'd be the kinda obvious body double who gets killed in the intro to trick GDI.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Jsor posted:

Nah, Kane is an objectively better human being than Davis Aurini by every possible metric.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Jsor posted:

Looks more like Grant Morrison with a creepy uncle moustache.

Max Wilco
Jan 23, 2012

I'm just trying to go through life without looking stupid.

It's not working out too well...

nine-gear crow posted:

Nah, Kane is an objectively better human being than Davis Aurini by every possible metric.

Definitely a better dancer for sure.

Seriously though, I've seen interviews with Joe Kucan (the guy who plays Kane), and he comes across a being a really nice dude.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

Mr. Fowl posted:

It's a cute duck! :3:

(It was the avatar of a beloved user for like 8 years and people liked it so much that they made a smiley out of it)

On topic: that TB article was a bit too harsh on calling him something along the line of one of the biggest harassers but otherwise it was really on point. It's good that he was upset over those comments but he's been siding with people who have said much worse for a few years now.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Hey, there's a new wheel of worst up!

That's one youtube show that probably won't have to worry about copyright notices.

Linear Zoetrope
Nov 28, 2011

A hero must cook

Jack Gladney posted:

That's one youtube show that probably won't have to worry about copyright notices.

I am very protective of my intellectual property consisting of videos intended for babysitting cats and other animals.

lornekates
Oct 3, 2014

Web Developer for phelous.com dot com.

Jack Gladney posted:

You'd be surprised...

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

lornekates posted:

You'd be surprised...

Yeah, didn't a couple of their earlier episodes have to be re-edited recently?

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

lornekates posted:

You'd be surprised...

Well, at least the death clown won't be coming after them

except by striking out from the shadows at the corners of their vision right before they drift off to sleep.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Mokinokaro posted:

Yeah, didn't a couple of their earlier episodes have to be re-edited recently?

For Best of the Worst? Not to my knowledge. There was one episode that had to be reuploaded because most of the video was corrupted in editing, but that's the only issue I recall them having with BotW. I think there's been some copyright claims made against Half in the Bag episodes though because they used trailer clips in lieu of actual movie footage, however.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Best of the Worst remains gold.

"IT'S NOT RACIST! THEY TALK LIKE THAT!"

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Jack Gladney posted:

Link for anyone who needs it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZCtnb81OhV4

pospysyl
Nov 10, 2012

If anyone wants to know what Cole's actual therapy is like, here's a report from the Hospital Clown Newsletter.

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010

Jack Gladney posted:

I'm kinda bummed they took the Y2K Family Survival Guide video off the wheel.

Vanderdeath
Oct 1, 2005

I will confess,
I love this cultured hell that tests my youth.

Is there a website for Todd in the Shadows videos because I wanted to catch the latest Cinemadonna video and had no idea Blip..well, blipped out of existence a couple of days ago.

Vanderdeath fucked around with this message at 09:35 on Aug 23, 2015

Linear Zoetrope
Nov 28, 2011

A hero must cook
Todd is on chezapocalypse.com. Chez Apocalypse is apparently down right now, and I have no idea if Todd has reuploaded to a different service yet.

E: Todd linked his Youtube on Twitter, apparently, here's the Cinemadonna I think you're looking for:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jMFhVNayFJo

He's apparently moving over to Maker.tv and the Youtube thing is just a stopgap.

Linear Zoetrope fucked around with this message at 09:48 on Aug 23, 2015

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

You guys ready to hear a satanic song?

Tracula posted:

I'm only 10 minutes in and truth be told I kind of like this even though Thunderfoot is bad and not good.

I remember when gamergate was picking up steam and I had no idea what was going on so someone recommended me Thunderfoot as "He usually has a good take on things". So I go to his youtube page and the first video I see is "Why feminism poisons everything" and noped the gently caress out of there real quick.

Where is Hbomberguy to do another one to conclude the Owen/Aurini story? We're waiting. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude

Chromatic posted:

I'm only 10 minutes in and truth be told I kind of like this even though Thunderfoot is bad and not good.

I remember when gamergate was picking up steam and I had no idea what was going on so someone recommended me Thunderfoot as "He usually has a good take on things". So I go to his youtube page and the first video I see is "Why feminism poisons everything" and noped the gently caress out of there real quick.

Give it some time, later in the video he goes into how they should have refuted some of Anita Sarkesian's points and it is pretty embarrassing to watch.

• Locked thread