Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

VikingSkull posted:

it was big

looks like a massive bleve this time

What the gently caress is going on over there? I get that shoddy regulations and no enforcement can and will lead to disaster, but two massive explosions that close together is a hell of a coincidence.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

PINING 4 PORKINS posted:

the answer is that actual ISIS members are less dangerous than a broke 20-year-old American with priors

silver lining is that if the US ever gets invaded our insurgency gonna own, and none of its members will be white preppers

This has nothing to do with anything but there was a sweet ps2 game called freedom fighters where you ran an insurgency in new york after russia invades. The first level is you escaping an apartment building and brianing russians w a wrench cause youre a plumber. You see the invasion progress till there's russian troops n bunkers everywhere and youre living in a sewer with americans who escaped, popping up to raid places and destroy poo poo

If youre bored and have a ps2 somewhere its a good time one of my fav games of all time

An american insurgency would be lol as gently caress. Everyone's got guns

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Godholio posted:

What the gently caress is going on over there? I get that shoddy regulations and no enforcement can and will lead to disaster, but two massive explosions that close together is a hell of a coincidence.

Dunno, ask Texas.

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

not caring here posted:

Yeah, south Korea don't want any part of that. Most of them don't won't anything to do with the norks, especially how a couple of years the sk government determined that if they had to bring the north up to speed with the south, the expediture could permanently gently caress their economy.

I work with Samsung alot and they send me Korean engineers for certain projects. Whenever I take them out I casually ask about reunification and not a single one has been for it. They typically are apathetic or against it for economic reasons and that they feel no connection. The north is korean, but different and it would be very difficult.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Freedom Fighters had a loving terrific soundtrack.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
Some of these sad-trombone statuses from Marines on my Facebook feed regarding the non-Marine status of those train heroes are pretty delicious.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

Godholio posted:

"Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. Three times is enemy action."

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Dead Reckoning posted:

"Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. Three times is enemy action."
The Chinese Government has blamed the explosions on Evil Space Uyghurs.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

not caring here posted:

Yeah, south Korea don't want any part of that. Most of them don't won't anything to do with the norks, especially how a couple of years the sk government determined that if they had to bring the north up to speed with the south, the expediture could permanently gently caress their economy.

Didn't Reunification set back the German economy 20 years or so?

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

ITS HAPPENING

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

BigDave posted:

East Germany wasn't really that far behind West Germany. North Korea mind as well be another loving planet.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
Sweet. Anything that pokes yet more holes in Hillary's slowly sinking boat is a good thing.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Biden vs. Trump would be interesting, mostly because they both do a lot of talking out of turn. In Biden's case it's either refreshing honesty or, something amusing. When Trump spouts off it's obnoxious delusions of grandeur bullshit, and horrible horrible racism.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

biden will be the first candidate i ever donate to if he runs

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Biden/hot single mom with huge cans 2016

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

Leather Bear posted:

Biden/hot single mom with huge cans 2016

Biden/Palin

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

gfanikf posted:

Islamic State, also known by the acronym ISIS, has shown the ability to recover swiftly from the loss of key leaders, Gambhir said in an interview

moabs arent working, time to step it up a notch into the kt range

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Let's use white phosphorus because it makes the hippies mad.

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

biden/ice cream 2016

e: gently caress your tables

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Shake it Baby!

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

bitcoin bastard posted:

biden/ice cream 2016

e: gently caress your tables

e:
Hillary Clinton Will Interrupt Vacation to Campaign in Midwest

quote:

Amid concerns about Mrs. Clinton’s softening poll numbers and her exclusive use of a personal email server as secretary of state, she will interrupt her Hamptons stay next week to travel to the Midwest and try to shift attention back to her campaign message by unveiling new policy positions.

She will then return to the Hamptons, where she and former President Bill Clinton are renting a beachside estate in Amagansett that costs $100,000 for a two-week stay, and will attend several $2,700-per-person fund-raisers hosted there by her wealthy friends.

I'd be pissed if I had my expensive vacation in the middle of a campaign interrupted.

A Handed Missus fucked around with this message at 22:20 on Aug 22, 2015

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

biden will be the first candidate i ever donate to if he runs

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

Casimir Radon posted:

Shake it Baby!

biden/duke nukem voice 2016

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Nazi Treasure Train found in Poland

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

Some of these sad-trombone statuses from Marines on my Facebook feed regarding the non-Marine status of those train heroes are pretty delicious.

hooboy gunny faggots face must be red as a beet

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

I've been waiting for something more reliable to come out of this. So far it's just a couple of guys that hired a law firm to claim it. It's still not even clear if the drat thing actually existed or if it was dreamed up by locals.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

Godholio posted:

I've been waiting for something more reliable to come out of this. So far it's just a couple of guys that hired a law firm to claim it. It's still not even clear if the drat thing actually existed or if it was dreamed up by locals.

Pictures of such a thing would be absolutely fascinating for a multitude of reasons, but I'm not holding my breath.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

A Handed Missus posted:

e:
Hillary Clinton Will Interrupt Vacation to Campaign in Midwest

I'd be pissed if I had my expensive vacation in the middle of a campaign interrupted.

Man, the New York Times can barely conceal its giant boner at having Clintons around to hate again.

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this
When the primaries come to Florida my wife plans on voting for Clinton and I lied and said I would, too but I'm gonna vote for Biden with a write-in if I have to. Clinton has over 20 years of hate built up behind her and I think that is a big negative to her electability, regardless of whatever facts exist about her.

Although maybe I should just say gently caress it and go full accelerationist and register to vote republican because this gay earth has had its day and gently caress it. Trump 2016!!

Fucitol
May 8, 2005

Ceterum autem censeo mundum esse delendam

Memento, homo, quia pulvis es, et in pulverem reverteris
man that is fucken :coal: beyond :coolfish:

who are you voting for your local dog catcher?

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this

Fucitol posted:

man that is fucken :coal: beyond :coolfish:

who are you voting for your local dog catcher?

i vote you for local cumlord

Fucitol
May 8, 2005

Ceterum autem censeo mundum esse delendam

Memento, homo, quia pulvis es, et in pulverem reverteris

lightpole
Jun 4, 2004
I think that MBAs are useful, in case you are looking for an answer to the question of "Is lightpole a total fucking idiot".
Tianjin was one of the largest shipping ports in China. Depending on how extensive the damage is and how long the clean up takes this could be a major major issue.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
So what you're saying is people in power might notice the excel spreadsheets where they track their wealth show numbers slightly smaller, therefore something could actually get done?

lightpole
Jun 4, 2004
I think that MBAs are useful, in case you are looking for an answer to the question of "Is lightpole a total fucking idiot".
I have no idea how much of what moves through Tianjin, how bad the damage is or if they can divert cargo to other ports. Losing the port could mean anything from a local parts shortage meaning factory closures to food and energy shortages. So the rich losing a couple numbers from their spreadsheets would be a best case.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

BigDave posted:

The german reunification denied the world the production of the G11.

I mean, it wasn't looking all that practical or pretty in its latest stages, but kid-me thought it was cool as gently caress and constantly yapped about how awesome the cylindrical chamber was. :(

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

lightpole posted:

I have no idea how much of what moves through Tianjin, how bad the damage is or if they can divert cargo to other ports. Losing the port could mean anything from a local parts shortage meaning factory closures to food and energy shortages. So the rich losing a couple numbers from their spreadsheets would be a best case.

Photos via Google make it look like a city block, nowhere near the water. A container warehouse, pretty much. No cranes, no ships, not a hole lot of infrastructure stuff that can't be readily replaced with manpower. I think your scenario is a bit overblown.

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

Duzzy Funlop posted:

The german reunification denied the world the production of the G11

That thing was going to be a disaster but it was also awesome as gently caress.

Kind of like group b rally racing: new, innovative, complicated German machinery exploding all over the landscape.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Duzzy Funlop posted:

I mean, it wasn't looking all that practical or pretty in its latest stages, but kid-me thought it was cool as gently caress and constantly yapped about how awesome the cylindrical chamber was. :(

Would you really want PVT Dumbass stripping and cleaning this in a field environment?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Whereas Korean unification would rob the world of the Samsung Galaxy S8.

• Locked thread