Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Admiral Bosch posted:

I think this is more of a 'trend,' rather than a 'meme,' so I"m posting it here.

more here http://imgur.com/gallery/69p2v

:yikes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chinaman7000
Nov 28, 2003

Those burns are so weak, and I feel extremely unfulfilled.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

It's trend-whores on reddit, what did you expect?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GMnI2H5MFxk

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Yeah, Trump would be the kind of guy who calls himself "Lord President".

Fsmhunk
Jul 19, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Lol every one of them is white.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

He's the president America deserves.

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord

Automatic Slim
Jul 1, 2007

Rysithusiku posted:

He had a tendency to publicly challenge people to literal dick-measuring contests.

Vietnam was geo-political extension of this.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

Central to Johnson's control was "The Treatment",[35] described by two journalists:
The Treatment could last ten minutes or four hours. It came, enveloping its target, at the Johnson Ranch swimming pool, in one of Johnson's offices, in the Senate cloakroom, on the floor of the Senate itself — wherever Johnson might find a fellow Senator within his reach.
Its tone could be supplication, accusation, cajolery, exuberance, scorn, tears, complaint, and the hint of threat. It was all of these together. It ran the gamut of human emotions. Its velocity was breathtaking, and it was all in one direction. Interjections from the target were rare. Johnson anticipated them before they could be spoken. He moved in close, his face a scant millimeter from his target, his eyes widening and narrowing, his eyebrows rising and falling. From his pockets poured clippings, memos, statistics. Mimicry, humor, and the genius of analogy made The Treatment an almost hypnotic experience and rendered the target stunned and helpless.[36]

This is what I hate about it. It's mythologised as almost some kind of superpower, when really it was just an extremely weird and creepy thing to do, but because he was the president no one really knew how to respond. Like if Obama came up and hugged you from behind

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Yeah there can't be a really tactful way to say "Hey get out of my grill" to the leader of the free world, even if he's standing so close you can count the blood vessels in his eyes.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Arrath posted:

Yeah there can't be a really tactful way to say "Hey get out of my grill" to the leader of the free world, even if he's standing so close you can count the blood vessels in his eyes.

He did this even before he was president, at the very least while he was a Senator if not even before then. Some people can get away with it just because its such a mind gently caress. Ask yourself, in honesty, what you would do if one of your co-workers did this to you.

I'm sure it started out less severe tho, and he just pushed it harder and harder as he gained more power.

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

Arrath posted:

Kinda annoying what with the kinetic typography, but yeah..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fTpHPxFnrNE

Hearing him belch randomly in the middle of the call and then say "bunghole" always makes me giggle like an idiot. LBJ was a national treasure.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Elalator go down the hole!

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

And the "generation gap" award goes to...

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

mind the walrus posted:

And the "generation gap" award goes to...

:corsair:

POLICE CAR AUCTION
Dec 1, 2003

I'm not a princess

RFC2324 posted:

Some people can get away with it just because its such a mind gently caress. Ask yourself, in honesty, what you would do if one of your co-workers did this to you.

The boss at my first job back when I was a teenager was about 7 feet tall and very fat. He'd get all bug-eyed and slooooowly shuffle toward employees whenever he talked to one, forcing them to step back every few sentences. Absolute mind gently caress for sure.

content:

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

I have a copy of "Who's It?" from Five Below that I'd wager is just a color swap of "Who Am I?" Cost me five bucks. Hell if I'm complaining.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

RFC2324 posted:

Elalator go down the hole!

blue ball goes down tha hoooole

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

Pic is a link:v:

chickie nugs for brekkie
May 17, 2010
Or as he was known to his Spanish Prostitutes: "El Bee Jay"

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.

In the world of cyclopean horrors, a Trump presidency is pretty up there.

super size soft serve
Aug 28, 2011

You think I'm fat, but it's an optical illusion.

kinmik posted:

Why is Hercules breastfeeding his kid? These "parental equality" types are taking things a bit too far.

I guess nipples on a breastplate aren't so useless after all.

Caveman Cat
Oct 20, 2012

MAJOR

Radio Paranoia posted:

Chewbacca baboon demons for Trump.

PaulBearer
Jul 23, 2013
THANK YOU LORD CTHULHU FOR PRESIDENT TRUMP

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

RFC2324 posted:

He did this even before he was president, at the very least while he was a Senator if not even before then. Some people can get away with it just because its such a mind gently caress. Ask yourself, in honesty, what you would do if one of your co-workers did this to you.

If they didn't move out of my personal space when asked, I would put my hand on their shoulder, and gently but firmly moved them to arm's length while explaining to them how most people require a certain distance between them when talking.

I work with a number of high functioning autistic people (aka STEM professionals) and have had to do just that more times than I can count.

Sometimes I've even had to put my hand on their chest and heave when they haven't listened and moved straight back in :sigh:

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.
Personal space can vary in radius from culture to culture. It's pretty funny to see a person from Turkey talk to someone from northern Germany and see how the latter keeps backing away while the former follows until the German falls off a cliff.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

I knew a guy in school who'd move in on you like that. He was a huge metalhead and we all assumed he was just that used to concert speaking distance.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

Breetai posted:

Pic is a link:v:

Was this the song that Buffalo Bill danced to in 'Silence of the Lambs'?

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!
I tend to keep my distance, although that's more due to the fact that the province I went to high school in has a problem with pickpockets.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

Was this the song that Buffalo Bill danced to in 'Silence of the Lambs'?

Yes.

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

Radio Paranoia posted:

Post that to his twitter.

DavidAlltheTime
Feb 14, 2008

All David...all the TIME!

WarpedNaba posted:

I tend to keep my distance, although that's more due to the fact that the province I went to high school in has a problem with pickpockets.

The whole province had a pickpocketing problem? Gonna go ahead and guess somewhere in the maritimes.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Also known as, "the best song".

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

SLOSifl posted:

Post that to his twitter.

Jesus has a Twitter account? The gently caress am I doing wasting time with all this praying poo poo when I can be tweeting

@therealjesus pls fix my dog's broken leg k thx xoxo #mysavior

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

Jesus has a Twitter account? The gently caress am I doing wasting time with all this praying poo poo when I can be tweeting

@therealjesus pls fix my dog's broken leg k thx xoxo #mysavior
jesus reads all tweets just throw it out there

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

DavidAlltheTime posted:

The whole province had a pickpocketing problem? Gonna go ahead and guess somewhere in the maritimes.

PEI

Manzy_Girl
May 16, 2004

That's my story and I'm sticking to it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Gibbycrumbles
Aug 30, 2004

Do you think your paladin sword can defeat me?

En garde, I'll let you try my Wu-Tang style

Admiral Bosch posted:

I think this is more of a 'trend,' rather than a 'meme,' so I"m posting it here.

more here http://imgur.com/gallery/69p2v

PYF Funny Pictures - For when it's more of a "trend", rather than a "meme"

• Locked thread