Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Digital Fingers posted:

o poo poo there's a new new shadowrun, i really hosed up big here

sorry guys

this sort of faux pas will get you flamed here. be more careful next time, buddy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

The White Dragon posted:

[tell] me how to deal with realm divide in shogun 2

Prepare and make sure your economy can hold up without Trade; either have a godlike navy (cannons or huge numbers) or don't bother having a navy; be ready to take & hold Kyoto as soon as realm divide happens; feel free to stall and let other dominant factions expand, this makes them easier to undermine with agents once you are at war; if you're playing on a difficulty higher than normal, make sure you can defend your backfield coastal cities from boat invasions.

Digital Fingers
Sep 2, 2012

NickRoweFillea posted:

this sort of faux pas will get you flamed here. be more careful next time, buddy

forum user captain gently caress face has already owned the gently caress out of me twice now, i'm pretty disgusted with myself.

on more a positive note i'm DLing shadowrun hongkong now so hopefully i can salvage the rest of this god awful day

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I said come in! posted:

I played Dragon Age Inquisition last night, talk about wasting my Friday night.

That game is purestrain turd nuggets.

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

Knuc U Kinte posted:

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Agreed. The new xcom is looking sick

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

HORMELCHILI posted:

It's nice when a developer takes a beloved IP and does not poo poo all over it.

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

01011001 posted:

yeah it's good. if you havent tried the director's cut for dragonfall that made it better and then hong kong improved on it further

decking is definteily better than it used to be

ok that was my other big probalem, decking in dragonfall was terrible. thanks man, i'll pick it up when i've got a little less on my plate

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

HORMELCHILI posted:

there was a webm i saw of the church scene from kingsmen that parodied xcom and i wish i could find it for you

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It's Sunday but I'm going to make a fresh cup of Coffee and play Europa Universalis IV, since they're guaranteed to have added some DLC since I last booted it up.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

going to spend a feww hours fixing my room/computer and running errands, then play ground zeroes

extremely steampunk
Sep 11, 2001

New XCOM looks badass, I am excited for it. been spending nights (including Friday night) playing the original UFO Defense. OpenXcom gives that old classic a brand new life, it's amazing

extremely steampunk
Sep 11, 2001

Apparently the XCOM sequel will have pretty extensive mod support allowing original-style time units

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
I'm really excited that the new xcom is gonna have you be more of a terrorist force that can surprise the enemies. The last one was really good but the way enemy spawns worked was kinda wonky. I think making it so you can sneak up and surprise the enemies and they have set placements and patrols will work a lot better.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

lesbian baphomet posted:

Prepare and make sure your economy can hold up without Trade; either have a godlike navy (cannons or huge numbers) or don't bother having a navy; be ready to take & hold Kyoto as soon as realm divide happens; feel free to stall and let other dominant factions expand, this makes them easier to undermine with agents once you are at war; if you're playing on a difficulty higher than normal, make sure you can defend your backfield coastal cities from boat invasions.

thanks brah, i decided to go with the godlike navy and it was a good idea because i sank like three fleets of guys trying to take my back row cities while i was doing my kyoto holdout. they had max-size armies loaded on :feelsgood:

played as the date for the natural defenses

NickRoweFillea posted:

there was a webm i saw of the church scene from kingsmen that parodied xcom and i wish i could find it for you

gently caress that was a fun movie

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

I'M GAMING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Playing The World Ends With You and Beat is the most fun partner.

Dec 26, 2012

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

hell yeah

subhuman filth
Nov 1, 2006

gently caress I wish I was gaming. I'm gonna try to pull someone into another room to coop peace walker with me

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
The Witcher 3

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
Hunting monsters is cool but I don't care at all about any of this dumb medieval politics crap.

Soral
May 30, 2009

im playing pokemon

subhuman filth
Nov 1, 2006

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Hunting monsters is cool but I don't care at all about any of this dumb medieval politics crap.

But actually that part is really cool and owns

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

im playing with my giirlfrinds dick

subhuman filth
Nov 1, 2006

What's his name

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

I think I'm going to play some Satellite Reign, and maybe some Mount and Blade Warband if I get bored with SR's insanely long hand-holding tutorial for the second time today.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

i'm packing and wishing i was gaming

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

TWEWY is so drat good.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
im playing smtiv

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I started playing, and beat, Shovel Knight

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Fungah! posted:

i'm packing and wishing i was gaming

where you headed? i had to turn down an opportunity to travel this summer due to reasons and am interested in others travel stories.

Evil Eagle posted:

TWEWY is so drat good.

top 3 DS games easily

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Bracing myself to play Lisa.

Captain Fuck Face
May 6, 2007

:] i like to read post :]
grandia II until it crashes then dragon warrior III for a bit then back to grandia II

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Captain gently caress Face posted:

grandia II until it crashes then dragon warrior III for a bit then back to grandia II

I bought this and played 2 hours yesterday. The battle system is some win.

SavageMessiah
Jan 28, 2009

Emotionally drained and spookified

Toilet Rascal
letting r-type final play itself with invincibility on to unlock some spaceships :smugmrgw:
playing dragon quest 5 while that is happening

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
i went to see a movie with my friends, and then i watched racewalking, and now i have sportscenter on the tv and the 3ds in hand. its friday baby!

e. i also watched this video. it is not gaming related but it was interesting

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dW7n2UP60bk

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Hotel gaming on my vita before I fall asleep. Started Parasite Eve and this game is awesome

Captain Fuck Face
May 6, 2007

:] i like to read post :]
i played a lot of parasite eve II. cool good game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

where you headed? i had to turn down an opportunity to travel this summer due to reasons and am interested in others travel stories.

my family moved to hhawaii so i'm leaving to go to see them for my birthday. apparently a hurricane's going to make landfall a cpuple days after i get there so i'm not going to be able to do most of the touristy poo poo but that's cool, i'll just hang out with my family and eat pork and pineapple and go hiking around