Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
buddychrist10
Nov 4, 2009

Obtuse.....even hokey.

hubris.height posted:

Somewhere a valve was turned, and the sewage pipe over the Xenoblade thread started to open up.

No matter what, Xenoblade X cannot disappoint nearly as much as Xenosaga did.

The Xenoblade thread is one big tub of ice cream and now they just had to fill in the center.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mediocrity Goggles
Mar 20, 2009

Looking at it the wrong way.

hubris.height posted:

Somewhere a valve was turned, and the sewage pipe over the Xenoblade thread started to open up.

No matter what, Xenoblade X cannot disappoint nearly as much as Xenosaga did.

Yeah, someone left a box open somewhere and imps crawled out of it or something. Maybe they should go back to that box tbh.

My expectations for this game have already been torpedoed by the Japanese launch, but I'm sure I can still somewhat enjoy it, already knowing it doesn't live up to the original. I just wanted to play it during the times when there wasn't any bigger that was actually coming out before it. So whatever, I'll play it when it gets off NoA's localization backburner, not giving two shits about whether or not they decide to patch up or remove a couple of clothes I won't use anyway.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

The general consensus from Japanese players seems to be that Xenoblade X is a good game.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Sorry but I watched a stream of it for ten minutes and have deemed it the worst game of the year.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Mediocrity Goggles posted:

Yeah, someone left a box open somewhere and imps crawled out of it or something. Maybe they should go back to that box tbh.

My expectations for this game have already been torpedoed by the Japanese launch, but I'm sure I can still somewhat enjoy it, already knowing it doesn't live up to the original. I just wanted to play it during the times when there wasn't any bigger that was actually coming out before it. So whatever, I'll play it when it gets off NoA's localization backburner, not giving two shits about whether or not they decide to patch up or remove a couple of clothes I won't use anyway.

hahahahahah

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
was it... a cardboard box?

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

I was bored yesterday so I fired up Xenoblade on Wii, and I kinda take back the mean things I said about the 3DS port. They did a good job with it. Sure, it unavoidably sounds like poo poo, but I overestimated how much better the Wii version looks. My plan was to start this playthrough over on Wii, but eh.

Linear Zoetrope
Nov 28, 2011

A hero must cook
Oh wow, I just got Colony 6 above whatever reconstruction threshold it takes for the music to remix itself and the song is really good. (Also, all the music on Mechonis is amazing)

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Jsor posted:

Oh wow, I just got Colony 6 above whatever reconstruction threshold it takes for the music to remix itself and the song is really good. (Also, all the music on Mechonis is amazing)

Mechonis was great, and it really subverted my expectations for it, especially the machina capital.

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

Jsor posted:

Which time? :getin:

You might have more remixes to look forward to.

Linear Zoetrope
Nov 28, 2011

A hero must cook

Vil posted:

Which time? :getin:

You might have more remixes to look forward to.

Around 55% reconstruction (everything level 4 except Special, which I need stuff I can't get yet), that's cool if it gets even livelier with the post-game reconstruction stuff.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Jsor posted:

Around 55% reconstruction (everything level 4 except Special, which I need stuff I can't get yet), that's cool if it gets even livelier with the post-game reconstruction stuff.

You ain't heard nothin yet

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

Regy Rusty posted:

You ain't heard nothin yet

If XCX can have little things like that everywhere then I'm hopeful itll be as fun as XC. Less plot/character development for more background world stuff would be an ok trade.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

kalensc posted:

If XCX can have little things like that everywhere then I'm hopeful itll be as fun as XC. Less plot/character development for more background world stuff would be an ok trade.

From what I hear tell, that's basically the gist of the difference between XCX and XC. XC focused mostly on personal character development of a fairly small cast and the overall storyline, while XCX is more about the development of the story of the setting and lesser development of a larger cast.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

I just beat the bosses in Mechonis Core

WHAAAAT?? :supaburn:

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Ah, yes, the other reason people recommend learning to play as someone other than Shulk.

Also I always wondered how many people would think that they'd set the entire game on two giants and not have them come to life and move around at some point

Linear Zoetrope
Nov 28, 2011

A hero must cook

Kaubocks posted:

I just beat the bosses in Mechonis Core

WHAAAAT?? :supaburn:

I'm right there with ya, I got there yesterday. The thing is, I knew a few big spoilers about the game already. Specifically The Telethia thing, the Fiora coming back/faces being people thing, the Machina existing, and Dickson being a dick, son, and I still wasn't prepared for everything after Galahad Fortress.

Linear Zoetrope fucked around with this message at 20:03 on Aug 22, 2015

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
those are some good spoiler tags, chief

Linear Zoetrope
Nov 28, 2011

A hero must cook
Fixed

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby
Hmm, so if I'm going to pick up a Wii U for this then the best plan would be to try and Black Friday a console and then pick up the game a week later. This game is unlikely to have the marketing oomph to get a bundle eh?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

kalensc posted:

Hmm, so if I'm going to pick up a Wii U for this then the best plan would be to try and Black Friday a console and then pick up the game a week later. This game is unlikely to have the marketing oomph to get a bundle eh?

It looks like NoA isn't even giving us a collectors edition like what Japan and Europe got. But yeah, you should be able to easily buy a Wii U on Black Friday this year. Pick up an external hard drive too.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

I said come in! posted:

It looks like NoA isn't even giving us a collectors edition like what Japan and Europe got. But yeah, you should be able to easily buy a Wii U on Black Friday this year. Pick up an external hard drive too.

Adding to that, NoA sells refurbished consoles that are practically brand-new, so if you don't find a deal in the low 200s then this'll do you nicely
https://store.nintendo.com/ng3/browse/subcategory.jsp?categoryId=cat570935

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Adding to that, NoA sells refurbished consoles that are practically brand-new, so if you don't find a deal in the low 200s then this'll do you nicely
https://store.nintendo.com/ng3/browse/subcategory.jsp?categoryId=cat570935

The $225 Mario 3D World bundle will always be the best deal (well, 10years from now when Wii Us are $20 at garage sales is a different story but still)

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

I already miss Mechanical Rhythm as my battle music :(

Linear Zoetrope
Nov 28, 2011

A hero must cook
Wow, Speed IV doesn't look like the world's worst bathing suit! It's a miracle!

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Jsor posted:

Wow, Speed IV doesn't look like the world's worst bathing suit! It's a miracle!

Oh good I have something to look forward to. Haste buffs are too good to pass up but it's getting hard to take the titty armor seriously.

that goes across the board

kinda tired of Sharla's boob jiggle

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Speed IV oddly uses the Attack Frame model. Not sure why but it's a big step up, yeah.

Sharla's costumes are like all terrible unfortunately.

vaguely
Apr 29, 2013

hot_squirting_honey.gif

ImpAtom posted:

Sharla's costumes are like all terrible unfortunately.
once I thought I found her some full length pants, but they were assless chaps
I'm sorry Sharla, I tried :smith:

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
I gave up and put Sharla in jungle clothes. Those at least look like they're supposed to be revealing, instead of being regular armour that someone gave a tit window.

Med School
Feb 27, 2012

Where did you learn how to do that?
I like all Sharla's armor. I want a Sharla body pillow

ZeusJupitar
Jul 7, 2009
Maybe this is the wrong place to ask, but is there some trick to getting the 3DS version to look half way decent? I keep hearing if described as not much worse than the Wii version but when I played it was basically a smear of aliasing and distorted textures to the point that it hurt to look at. This was on a New XL.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

No, that's what the game looks like. I'm not even sure what you think you could possibly change.

Microcline
Jul 27, 2012

Boob windows are a long-standing staple of Xeno- character design.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

G- Giorno?

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Microcline posted:

Boob windows are a long-standing staple of Xeno- character design.

Just the tip tit.

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

That's how you get tinnitus

Kaubocks posted:

Oh good I have something to look forward to. Haste buffs are too good to pass up but it's getting hard to take the titty armor seriously.

The Speed IV armour is sold by a merchant in Colony 6, so if you want it you'll have to change your mind on the whole reconstruction thing

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Suaimhneas posted:

The Speed IV armour is sold by a merchant in Colony 6, so if you want it you'll have to change your mind on the whole reconstruction thing

Housing and Commerce both already at level 5, Speed IV Frame and various intermediate art books for Seven acquired :cheers:

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

xenoblade's ending is really weird

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Kaubocks posted:

xenoblade's ending is really good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Linear Zoetrope
Nov 28, 2011

A hero must cook
What level should you go into the last fight? I heard there are some cool mechanics that don't trigger if you're too high a level.

• Locked thread