Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Slow is Fast
Dec 25, 2006

So if I get a DUI on a zero turn that's a "bad thing" right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

8ender
Sep 24, 2003

clown is watching you sleep
New England AI: Please leave your puke deposit at the door

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot
there better be some pictures for the rest of us that can't make it.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
New England AI: please do not do burnouts on my vintage heirloom driveway

No but seriously don't be a prick to Pipkin. He is awesome.

Noise Complaint
Sep 27, 2004

Who could be scared of a Jeffrey?

Fart Pipe posted:

Just a quick seriouspost:

DO NOT drive like an rear end in a top hat it town, anywhere. I own a small business here and its a small town where word gets around and Ill be seriously pissed if anything comes back to me and I have to answer for it. I will throw you under the bus if I have to talk to the cops for any reason.

Do NOT touch my work equipment. I almost didnt host this again after the fuckery that happened with my UTV last time, I was legit pissed about that.

No burnouts in my driveway, at all. I do not own this place, it belongs to my family and the driveway is old and fragile.

If you puke in my house you have to clean it up and I want $100. Just dont do it, puke outside or in the toilet, whatever.

Dont be a goony gently caress, every NEAI has been awesome so far so dont ruin it.

Other than that its gonna be loving awesome, prepare your anuses fellas.

Quotin' dis for this page. There's a lot of leeway and we can get away with some awesome poo poo at his place, but don't take it too far or we won't be able to do this again!

Fart Pipe is an awesome dude and it's extremely nice of him to host this. It'd be cool if some people could stick around Sunday AM and help clean up too.

Slow is Fast
Dec 25, 2006

Chris and I are def in for the Sun AM cleaning squad

Sandbagger SA
Aug 12, 2003

Giant Thighs.
Painted Threads.
Just Off the Highway.

Fart Pipe posted:

Just a quick seriouspost:

Every time I've come to your place, I had a great time. We all appreciate you letting us act like (mostly controlled) morons on your property.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

Gonna run over some trees with my Subie brb.

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Sharkytm doot doo do doot do doo

Fallen Rib

Super Aggro Crag posted:

Gonna run over some trees with my Subie brb.

I was waiting for that to make a comeback.

In serious news, the MA RMV has its head up its rear end, so my truck won't be registered, and thus, no travel... Nothing like being stopped by paperwork.

I've got a family commitment on Sunday, so I'll be leaving Saturday night at some point. I was hoping to get to spend the night with you fine fellows :gooncamp: , but that's not gonna fly with the relatives. It'll be bad enough when I show up for a 60th anniversary party exhausted and late. Showing up hung over and waddling like a freshly-mounted sheep wouldn't go over well.

Noise Complaint
Sep 27, 2004

If anyone needs directions, please PM one of us or stop by in our IRC channel. #newenglandai on SynIRC

It's also highly advisable that you bring something to sleep in if you're staying. Tim's place has limited space. Tents are fine.

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

It wasnt that bad, after you left I got to help put out the fire!

Ive got a one man cot-tent thing that someone can borrow too. Half my queen sized bed also but Ace already called dibs on that one.

iForge
Oct 28, 2010

Apple's new "iBlacksmith Suite: Professional Edition" features the iForge, iAnvil, and the iHammer.
I'm bringing a spare tent. Im pretty sure its 2 person. Blanket/pillow/padding is your responsibility if you want to use it.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

I'll be heading home at night since I live so close.

Slow is Fast
Dec 25, 2006

Sidebar from the NEAI #whatever talk, which is going to be awesome.

SEPTEMBER 12th AT THE TEAM ONEIL RALLYSCHOOL IN DALTON NH

Team O Rallysprint #2.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TjG5ueRncdk

Yes these same roads where the stooper famous Len Block made this video.

They need everything from volunteers, to spectators, and I have a few service dood openings.

https://teamoneil.com/team-oneil-scca-rallysprint/

http://oppositelock.kinja.com/the-first-scca-rallysprint-is-a-success-1703438208

If you are interested and have stupid questions PM ME. If you are a goony goon goon who reads these forums but doesn't do poo poo PM ME. We will find a place to put you and you will have an awesome time.

chrisgt
Sep 6, 2011

:getin:
I'm bringing a subaru, pillow, and a sleeping bag. I'm all set in the sleeping department if there isn't room in the house.

Beverly Cleavage
Jun 22, 2004

I am a pretty pretty princess, watch me do my pretty princess dance....

Slow is Fast posted:

Sidebar from the NEAI #whatever talk, which is going to be awesome.

SEPTEMBER 12th AT THE TEAM ONEIL RALLYSCHOOL IN DALTON NH

While this looks cool, too short notice for me. Sidebar question. Vt winter challenge. Is that happening this year? I'm setting the idea in motion with the Mrs. To go have fun with this.

Slow is Fast
Dec 25, 2006

ssjonizuka posted:

While this looks cool, too short notice for me. Sidebar question. Vt winter challenge. Is that happening this year? I'm setting the idea in motion with the Mrs. To go have fun with this.

Probably?

It hasn't been announced.

I HIGHLY suggest you do another TSD before the winter challenge. It is really lovely to learn how to do the paperwork at the event, your navi should be confident in navigation because Buffum is a bastard and makes the first leg VERY tricky. If you still want to show up blind, I've taught a few teams how to seat of the pants it, but you get more out of it having some confidence.

http://www.ner.org/roadrally-schedule/

Supposedly there are 3 before next feb, I don't know anything about them or if they're still happening as they aren't on motorsports.reg, but I'd poke around or email ner.org and see whats up.

Beverly Cleavage
Jun 22, 2004

I am a pretty pretty princess, watch me do my pretty princess dance....

Slow is Fast posted:

Probably?

It hasn't been announced.

I HIGHLY suggest you do another TSD before the winter challenge. It is really lovely to learn how to do the paperwork at the event, your navi should be confident in navigation because Buffum is a bastard and makes the first leg VERY tricky. If you still want to show up blind, I've taught a few teams how to seat of the pants it, but you get more out of it having some confidence.

http://www.ner.org/roadrally-schedule/

Supposedly there are 3 before next feb, I don't know anything about them or if they're still happening as they aren't on motorsports.reg, but I'd poke around or email ner.org and see whats up.

Cool. Thanks! I'll have to see if I can set something up.

Noise Complaint
Sep 27, 2004

Calm before the storm

Slow is Fast
Dec 25, 2006

ssjonizuka posted:

Cool. Thanks! I'll have to see if I can set something up.

http://www.mlrc.ca/MLWR/index.html

canada may be an option as well, don't know much aboot it.

More tsd talk:

https://grassrootsmotorsports.com/forum/grm/tsds-spill-it/17392/page1/

Very good entry into motorsport that gets you out and seat time and makes you more than just a cone squisher.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

Is it supposed to rain tomorrow? What time is everyone showing up?

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Fallen Rib
I think it's gonna be rain on/off, random thunderstorms.
I'm leaving around 8AM, should be there around 10:30.
Still debating about what vehicle to take, either the old Truck or the Fit.

Black88GTA
Oct 8, 2009

Super Aggro Crag posted:

Is it supposed to rain tomorrow? What time is everyone showing up?

Current forecast is mid '80s, partly cloudy, 20% chance of rain. Not too shabby. Earlier this week it said 80% chance of thunderstorms, so I'll take it. I'm at least a few hours out, so I"m hoping to get there around 1 or 2.

24 Long Island themed douchebag beers, random AC junk, and stuff for making things melt with science locked and loaded. I can bring a tent / sleeping bag as well. :gooncamp:

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

Slow is Fast posted:

More tsd talk:

https://grassrootsmotorsports.com/forum/grm/tsds-spill-it/17392/page1/

Very good entry into motorsport that gets you out and seat time and makes you more than just a cone squisher.

I have way more fun at TSDs than autocross. It's a little hard to find codrivers :(

Noise Complaint
Sep 27, 2004

And the festivities commence.

Sandbagger SA
Aug 12, 2003

Giant Thighs.
Painted Threads.
Just Off the Highway.
If you're not here, you need to be here now.

always be closing
Jul 16, 2005
Laying tile😢

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Fallen Rib
Just wanted to say thanks to Tim for hosting, several people for the awesome food, and everyone for making it a blast, especially the long distance folks. I spent the last ten minutes of my drive shouting to myself to stay awake, but made it successfully.

P.S. I'm glad I brought the truck.
P.P.S A certain video must go on YouTube, preferably unlisted.
P.P.P.S I'll get pictures and videos posted sometime this week.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
Sorry I didn't make it but I figured you guys would appreciate not getting the sick. I've been getting up most of the week hacking for about 15 minutes to start my day :thumbsup:

rscott
Dec 10, 2009
Surely there was enough alcohol to kill anything you might have had

Sandbagger SA
Aug 12, 2003

Giant Thighs.
Painted Threads.
Just Off the Highway.

sharkytm posted:

Just wanted to say thanks to Tim for hosting, several people for the awesome food, and everyone for making it a blast, especially the long distance folks. I spent the last ten minutes of my drive shouting to myself to stay awake, but made it successfully.

P.S. I'm glad I brought the truck.
P.P.S A certain video must go on YouTube, preferably unlisted.
P.P.P.S I'll get pictures and videos posted sometime this week.

P.P.P.P.S. by next NEAI, everyone needs to have a moped.

Sandbagger SA fucked around with this message at 20:54 on Aug 23, 2015

Slow is Fast
Dec 25, 2006

Thanks for hosting Tim.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug
That ZJ is super unsafe. Everyone knows cars in NEAI that don't have ratchet-strapped logs as a major component of the suspension system are rolling deathtraps.

Slow is Fast
Dec 25, 2006

Every time we looked at it we saw more and more terrible poo poo.

The screw driver is stuck in the door doing lord knows what. Ratchet strap holding the bumper on. Wood grain tape laid down in the direction of the grain and hard to notice at first over the huge rusted out chunks and other missing stuff.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde
Oh my god that was the most fun I've had all year, maybe longer.

Huge thanks to Tim for hosting and generally being a super cool dude, btw I left you a little something in the lounge room for your troubles ;)

It was really great to meet all of you guys, everyone was just as awesome in person as they are online (or even cooler).

Noise Complaint
Sep 27, 2004

Thanks for coming up guys. Really glad to see all of you.

Kudos to those brave enough to try the blood sausage I brought haha

elektrotechnik
Sep 7, 2012
Yet another huge thanks to Tim for hosting this weekend! And thanks to NoiseComplaint for the grillin. It was awesome meeting you all and hangin out again. These NEAI meets seem to get better every year

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

Had a blast on Saturday. Great seeing everyone again and meeting everyone else for the first time. Thanks again Tim. You guys gotta come over this weekend to hang out.

Edit: Only took a handful of pictures but I will upload them later this week when I get back from NH.

Super Aggro Crag fucked around with this message at 12:39 on Aug 24, 2015

Sandbagger SA
Aug 12, 2003

Giant Thighs.
Painted Threads.
Just Off the Highway.

the rolling loaf of bread made it safely back to Maine. I only had to pull over twice but both times it was because I was hasty putting on my soft top and it started to come off on its own.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iForge
Oct 28, 2010

Apple's new "iBlacksmith Suite: Professional Edition" features the iForge, iAnvil, and the iHammer.
NEAI was awesome! Here are a few images from the weekend. More later.

my campsite:

So. Many. Mopeds.

Mobility scooter. We kept blowing relays for the push button throttle so Ace wired a light switch in for easy on/off.

Pulling the 1932 Buick out of the greenhouse with a chainfall to save it.

Edit: Also, Sharky, I uploaded that video of the moped thing. Cool if I post it?

iForge fucked around with this message at 23:34 on Aug 24, 2015

• Locked thread