Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pancakes by Mail
Oct 21, 2010

Many years later, as he faced the firing squad, Goaltender Carey Price was to remember that distant afternoon when his father took him to discover ice.

Varg posted:

LOL we just drafted earlier today and my brother was still insistent on drafting an all white team after his experience with Adrian Peterson last year, this is what he did, and he deserves the loving punishment

QB: Peyton Manning, Carson Palmer
RB: Ryan Mathews, Danny Woodhead, Toby Gerhart, Roy Helu
WR: Jordy Nelson, Eric Decker, Cole Beasley, Cody Latimer, Brian Hartline
TE: Greg Olsen, Zach Ertz

took Jordy Nelson with his first pick lmfao, he wanted to then take Aaron Rodgers #2 but someone else blocked him from that

That team sure does play the right way. It also should win like 3 games.

Also, Roy Helu Jr. isn't white, he's Samoan.
SPEAKING OF HELU, I just dropped Chris Johnson for Roy, CJ?K has hammy problems and in general is probably going to play to expectations (that he is old and bad). Helu's always been pretty sneakily decent and if Latavius Murray has issues I could see him having a very respectable year.

Benne posted:

Wait what

normal guy here with my draft strategy

Pancakes by Mail fucked around with this message at 20:32 on Aug 23, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
There's at least 4 guys on that team that aren't actually white lmao

Pancakes by Mail
Oct 21, 2010

Many years later, as he faced the firing squad, Goaltender Carey Price was to remember that distant afternoon when his father took him to discover ice.

Benne posted:

There's at least 4 guys on that team that aren't actually white lmao

a real scrappy guy

Prophecy120
Feb 4, 2003

God Bless the Enclave! God Bless America!

fariz posted:

Where does Cobb go in .5 PPR now? Was eyeing him early third, but I have to use a second on him if I want him now, right? Draft in an hour

I'd say where you had Jordy ranked pretty much.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I am in a draft right now. Jordy Nelson was picked I'm not making GBS threads you five minutes before this happened.

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

he's our Taco, never plays to win at all. I guess the non-white guys were close enough for him. He has named his team "Law Abiding Citizens"

Pancakes by Mail
Oct 21, 2010

Varg posted:

he's our Taco, never plays to win at all. I guess the non-white guys were close enough for him. He has named his team "Law Abiding Citizens"

Sounds like good-natured fun

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer
Welp, now I'm the guy with a keeper who is lost before the draft.

Prophecy120
Feb 4, 2003

The person who drafted Jordy in our 12 team league also drafted Kelvin Benjamin.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Prophecy120 posted:

The person who drafted Jordy in our 12 team league also drafted Kelvin Benjamin.

that guy should get his league entry fee back if he comes in anything other than last place

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

kiimo posted:

I am in a draft right now. Jordy Nelson was picked I'm not making GBS threads you five minutes before this happened.

Prophecy120 posted:

Get wrecked

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
Too bad Abberderis has poo brain because this would've been a good opportunity for him to sneak into late-round dynasty sleeper status.

e: If he actually ever practices this pre-season, I might just roll the dice anyway.

Teemu Pokemon fucked around with this message at 20:45 on Aug 23, 2015

fariz
Nov 10, 2009

You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain.
Cobb vs Green vs Megatron .5 PPR?

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

I already had Cobb over both of those guys before Jordy got hurt :ssh:

365 Nog Hogger
Jan 19, 2008

by Shine

Varg posted:

LOL we just drafted earlier today and my brother was still insistent on drafting an all white team

how is this guy allowed in your league much less family?

Zombie Tsunami
Jun 22, 2006

Death to the preseason

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!
Where should Devante Adams be drafted now in standard and 0.5 PPR? Is he a WR2?

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Does Cobb still return punts now? If so, I wonder if that will be stopped or severely curtailed now.

Fight Club Sandwich
Apr 29, 2006

you want a piece of me???

Prophecy120 posted:

post the rest of his roster so i know who to avoid

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Silly Burrito posted:

Does Cobb still return punts now? If so, I wonder if that will be stopped or severely curtailed now.

In any IDP league where you play more than 2 DBs, Micah Hyde is now a great DB4 with upside.

Prophecy120
Feb 4, 2003

Fight Club Sandwich posted:

post the rest of his roster so i know who to avoid

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

There's always something at the bottom of the bag.

Brb getting Coleman in every league!

The X-man cometh
Nov 1, 2009
I drafted Cobb and Funchess. Are they now ranked high enough to be trade bait for a RB1?

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

The X-man cometh posted:

I drafted Cobb and Funchess. Are they now ranked high enough to be trade bait for a RB1?

RB1 like top tier RB1? Nope.

2nd round RB? Maybe if someone's desperate for Cobb.

Franks Happy Place
Mar 15, 2011

It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the dank of Sapho that thoughts acquire speed, the lips acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion.

Did this guy draft while shrooming or something? What an appallingly bad team, even before the injuries.

cheese
Jan 7, 2004

Shop around for doctors! Always fucking shop for doctors. Doctors are stupid assholes. And they get by because people are cowed by their mystical bullshit quality of being able to maintain a 3.0 GPA at some Guatemalan medical college for 3 semesters. Find one that makes sense.
This was never a good team. RB situation is a train wreck and even a healthy Jordy/Kelvin/Watkins WR tri doesn't do enough to justify it. This is why you don't draft Russel Wilson in I'm guessing the fifth round.

Prophecy120
Feb 4, 2003

Franks Happy Place posted:

Did this guy draft while shrooming or something? What an appallingly bad team, even before the injuries.

Surprisingly it's a $100 entry work league. 6 or 7 of us are die-hard fantasy fans, the rest are never-accept-trade casuals. This guy took Brees and Newton back to back in the 4th and 5th. I get to play him twice :dance:

Edit: And he took the Texans D/ST in the 8th.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Prophecy120 fucked around with this message at 23:13 on Aug 23, 2015

nrr
Jan 2, 2007

whats up dudes. can you guys help out a guy who forgets almost every single thing he knows about fantasy football during the offseason every year? ive got to pick my keepers by tomorrow, I get to keep 4 but I lose a draft pick for the round BEFORE they were picked last year. So keeping Andre Johnson means I lose my Round 4 pick in the draft this year. So far, for best value, here's who I'm thinking of keeping:

Maclin - Rd 16
Eli - Rd 15

Then from there, I'm not exactly sure but here's who I'm trying to decide between to fill the other two spots:

Andre Johnson - Rd 4
Victor Cruz - Rd 4
Darren Sproles - Rd 9
Brandin Cooks - Rd 10
Steve Smith Sr - Last Round
Antonio Gates - Last Round (but suspended first 4 games)

and maaaayyyyyybe Zach Ertz (Rd 10) but I don't think he's going to get enough of a share of the Eagles offense to be worth wasting a keeper on, and I just don't think Alshon Jeffery is worth a 2nd Rounder either. I love Sproles too, but the more I think about it, I don't think he's going to get enough of a share of that offense either, and Kenjon Barner looks like he's going to be breathing down his neck for kick/punt return duties as well.

Any help/opinions/thoughts would be awesome, cheers.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Definitely Cooks. Not sure about the 4th. Steve Smith because why not?

Prophecy120
Feb 4, 2003

Victor Cruz for a 4th round pick seems pretty pants-on-head retarded. Do you get to keep Cruz since you are already using a 4th on AJ80? Otherwise there's no way I'd keep him for that price.

Edit: I see that's a list of available players, not your picks. Nevermind.

Fight Club Sandwich
Apr 29, 2006

you want a piece of me???

nrr posted:

whats up dudes. can you guys help out a guy who forgets almost every single thing he knows about fantasy football during the offseason every year? ive got to pick my keepers by tomorrow, I get to keep 4 but I lose a draft pick for the round BEFORE they were picked last year. So keeping Andre Johnson means I lose my Round 4 pick in the draft this year. So far, for best value, here's who I'm thinking of keeping:

Maclin - Rd 16
Eli - Rd 15

Then from there, I'm not exactly sure but here's who I'm trying to decide between to fill the other two spots:

Andre Johnson - Rd 4
Victor Cruz - Rd 4
Darren Sproles - Rd 9
Brandin Cooks - Rd 10
Steve Smith Sr - Last Round
Antonio Gates - Last Round (but suspended first 4 games)

and maaaayyyyyybe Zach Ertz (Rd 10) but I don't think he's going to get enough of a share of the Eagles offense to be worth wasting a keeper on, and I just don't think Alshon Jeffery is worth a 2nd Rounder either. I love Sproles too, but the more I think about it, I don't think he's going to get enough of a share of that offense either, and Kenjon Barner looks like he's going to be breathing down his neck for kick/punt return duties as well.

Any help/opinions/thoughts would be awesome, cheers.

Eli/5 is awful value. I'd keep AJ, Cooks, and then make a choice between Steve Sr. and Sproles depending on your opponents' keepers

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Eli/5 is awful value. I'd keep AJ, Cooks, and then make a choice between Steve Sr. and Sproles depending on your opponents' keepers

Really not sure whether Eli at 15 or Jeffery at 2 is better value. Guess it depends how many WRs are getting thrown back. Maclin at 16 and Cooks at 10 are no brainers. Then for the last two I'd be between Eli at 15, Jeffery at 2, and Steve Smith for a last rounder. E: Actually, I guess Jeffery is almost certainly worth a 2nd if each team has 4 keepers.

sourdough fucked around with this message at 23:45 on Aug 23, 2015

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah
Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah

RCarr posted:

Definitely Cooks. Not sure about the 4th. Steve Smith because why not?

Yeah. I'd probably go Cooks/Smith/Maclin as the easy keepers, followed by one of Crowell/Eli/Tre (in order of preference)

District Selectman
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax
Davante Adams is gonna be money, and our keepers in my main league are due in 8 hours, and I hope the guy with him on his team doesn't check the news today

Zombie Tsunami
Jun 22, 2006

Does Pouncey's injury (8+ weeks) affect Le'Veon's value at all?

nrr
Jan 2, 2007

Thanks for all your help and thoughts, guys. Appreciate it.

I only get 4 Keepers total though, and I've got Maclin and Eli pretty much locked in for super late rounds, and it looks like Cooks in the 10th now as well from what you guys are saying (which I agree with.) So that leaves me one more (unless you think Eli at Rd 15 is a dumb idea and I should rock someone else instead, like this guy v v v v) So a toss up between using up a 2nd rounder on Jeffery, or a last rounder on Steve Smith. Hmmmm

You really think a 15th rounder on Eli is lovely value? You don't think he's going to put up some solid yds/tds this year with Cruz and ODB? 15th round is nothing.

RVProfootballer posted:

Really not sure whether Eli at 15 or Jeffery at 2 is better value. Guess it depends how many WRs are getting thrown back. Maclin at 16 and Cooks at 10 are no brainers. Then for the last two I'd be between Eli at 15, Jeffery at 2, and Steve Smith for a last rounder. E: Actually, I guess Jeffery is almost certainly worth a 2nd if each team has 4 keepers.
Thanks man, looks like you're leaning towards Jeffery at 2 over Eli and Smith?

Forever_Peace posted:

Yeah. I'd probably go Cooks/Smith/Maclin as the easy keepers, followed by one of Crowell/Eli/Tre (in order of preference)
You think Crowell is going to do anything this year? He's been pretty average so far in pre season and I don't see him even taking the lead role in the Browns backfield yet.

e: Also, I'm not actually sure how/if I can check my opponents keepers before the keeper deadline. Is that possible? Yahoo league.

Miko
May 20, 2001

Where I come from, there's no such thing as kryptonite.
I don't think it moves him much out of the ADP he's at. Big Ben and that air show will keep defenses off of Bell anyways.

Brownhat
Jan 25, 2012

One cannot be a good person and enforce unjust laws.

Well, just got home from my 10 person full PPR draft. The first pick of the draft was Aaron Rodgers. That let me get Antonio Brown at 4th, so I'm happy. Highlights include the one lady in our league drafting two QBs with the same bye week. My lineup looks like this:

QB: Tony Romo

RB1: Justin Forsett
RB2: LeGarrette Blount (Except week one of course)

WR1: Antonio Brown
WR2: Julio Jones

TE: Travis Kelce

FLEX: Steve Smith

K: Adam Vinatieri

DEF: St. Louis

Bench:

Joe Flacco
TJ Yeldon
Dan Herron
Rueben Randle
Charles Johnson
Martellus Bennett

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

I wanna jack off all over your wideouts. How'd you manage that? EDIT: Nevermind read the whole post

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brownhat
Jan 25, 2012

One cannot be a good person and enforce unjust laws.

Ty1990 posted:

I wanna jack off all over your wideouts. How'd you manage that? EDIT: Nevermind read the whole post

Yeah, our league is four really good players, four kinda good players (including me), and two actual dumpster fires.

• Locked thread