Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

Oh goddammit fuckin' facebook I'm gonna sell my soul to the Zuckerburg just to get my drat obsidfuckthing!!

It's okay OFS, just look at is as one more gem for trying to get Krantz...

Why not just use a fake account like the rest of us?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maka
Mar 18, 2001

I've never made an effort in these vortex arena events in the past due to connection errors/queues/whatever, but decided to give this one a go since I have the units and I really want a buffer jewel. Finally reached the Sanctified rank tonight with a record of 129-0 aaaand I'm done.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Gerdalti posted:

Have you tried "refreshing content" from the settings? It will re-download everything except the base game again I think.

This didn't work, still crashes.

I hope these guys who have joined in are good enough to beat Phaeton because I am not part of this fight.

E: They were. :stare:

I hope that nothing in 4-2X treats me this way so I can actually get void chunks.

Orange Fluffy Sheep fucked around with this message at 03:35 on Aug 21, 2015

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Oh goddammit fuckin' facebook I'm gonna sell my soul to the Zuckerburg just to get my drat obsidfuckthing!!

It's okay OFS, just look at is as one more gem for trying to get Krantz...

If you don't have a second FB account on a secondary email address for mobile games make one.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received
Oh god I have to actually reach RC4 to get to X2-4. 1 mission down, 11 to go. :stonk:

Fun news: I found a person in the Vortex Arena whose team is Selena.

Just Selena.

They were at Exalted.

Lexida & Heresy Orb probably would get her to BB off her own attack and have enough oomph to KO the enemy team, yeah.

CashEnsign
Feb 7, 2015

Oh god I have to actually reach RC4 to get to X2-4. 1 mission down, 11 to go. :stonk:

Fun news: I found a person in the Vortex Arena whose team is Selena.

Just Selena.

They were at Exalted.

Lexida & Heresy Orb probably would get her to BB off her own attack and have enough oomph to KO the enemy team, yeah.

I raise you this:

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
123 wins later I have a Buffer Jewel. :toot:

CashEnsign posted:

I raise you this:

I fought one of those teams about an hour ago. The guy had a bit over 21k points.

Poala Bear
Jan 25, 2007

quote:

Attention Summoners!
To give way for the Vortex Arena: Aquatic Showdown extension, Frontier Hunter EX Season 17 will be starting on August 23, 20:00 PST.
So mark your calendars, ready your squads and prepare for another awesome exploration!
Thank you for understanding and see you in the Survey Office soon.

At least they wait for WVA to finish.

Damegane
May 7, 2013
Those are probably guys who are done with WVA and tanked their teams so other folks can get some free points.

nightwisher
Dec 24, 2004
I summoned Nemethgear and I'm not sure where he would fit in - he's a light infinite SBB'er with AOE which is pretty drat handy, his leaderskill boosts BB attack and his UBB sends crit/spark damage through the roof. With UBB effects now stacking with SBB/BB, would he be good to run with Colt + Raaga + Ultor + Zenia for insane damage?

Majinfefnir13
Oct 11, 2009

This vortex arena was surprisingly easier then the previous ones before. Also getting all the rewards was much less grindy then I thought.

My team did pretty well with a 123-2 record in the end.

Sloober
Apr 1, 2011
Did 5 pulls; Melchio and Ulkina, rest were trash that got traded in right away.

On a whim did one last pull today since i wanted a Zenia. Who did I get? Zenia. Got her up to 7* and nearly fully imped right away after spending 550 BC in slots (out of nearly 200 pulls due to +bc slots etc i only got 3 imp artons so they're relatively uncommon, no sphere frogs and only 1 burst emperor). Anyone know offhand what her SBB spark buff is? Trying to rejigger my team a bit to fit Zenia in. Right now i'm using Feeva/Shera/Quaid/Raaga/Colt, and if her buff is decent i'll swap out Raaga, and make her lead instead of Quaid, and probably swap out Feeva for Bestie so I can keep it rainbow.

E. Only 80%, definately going to sac 10% spark damage for her. May not even need Bestie with her spark BC bonus, although being able to swap leads between them for offense/defense will be nice and painless.

Sloober fucked around with this message at 17:12 on Aug 21, 2015

Damegane
May 7, 2013

Majinfefnir13 posted:

This vortex arena was surprisingly easier then the previous ones before. Also getting all the rewards was much less grindy then I thought.

I neglected WVA for the first few days due to work. I'm now at 11k. Hope I can still make it to the Buffer Jewel.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Damegane posted:

I neglected WVA for the first few days due to work. I'm now at 11k. Hope I can still make it to the Buffer Jewel.

You should be fine, just never challenge anyone at all who is lower than one rank above you. Making 150-200 points an orb makes the Buffer Jewel surprisingly quick.

Sloober posted:

On a whim did one last pull today since i wanted a Zenia. Who did I get? Zenia. Got her up to 7* and nearly fully imped right away after spending 550 BC in slots (out of nearly 200 pulls due to +bc slots etc i only got 3 imp artons so they're relatively uncommon, no sphere frogs and only 1 burst emperor). Anyone know offhand what her SBB spark buff is? Trying to rejigger my team a bit to fit Zenia in. Right now i'm using Feeva/Shera/Quaid/Raaga/Colt, and if her buff is decent i'll swap out Raaga, and make her lead instead of Quaid, and probably swap out Feeva for Bestie so I can keep it rainbow.

+80% damage, which isn't quite as good as Raaga's (90%) but is close enough that, considering the +BB Atk buff on her LS/SBB, she's probably a better all-around choice if you have to use just one.

KataraniSword fucked around with this message at 17:07 on Aug 21, 2015

Sloober
Apr 1, 2011
Yeah I did some digging. I can definately boot Raaga and get someone else in there, probably don't even need bestie but it does simplify swapping between offense/defense leads.

e.

Oh yeah definately good poo poo. I already had a pretty offensively focused team (crit, spark, attack SBB buffs, quaid lead) but with Zenia leading it just blew them out of the water.

Trebek posted:

Raaga generates BC on spark too though as a lead.

He does but Zenia's BB attack buff makes a huge world of difference. I wasn't using Raaga as a lead.

Sloober fucked around with this message at 17:30 on Aug 21, 2015

Trebek
Mar 7, 2002
College Slice

KataraniSword posted:

You should be fine, just never challenge anyone at all who is lower than one rank above you. Making 150-200 points an orb makes the Buffer Jewel surprisingly quick.

+80% damage, which isn't quite as good as Raaga's (90%) but is close enough that, considering the +BB Atk buff on her LS/SBB, she's probably a better all-around choice if you have to use just one.

Raaga generates BC on spark too though as a lead. Also his leader skill and SBB stack to push it up to 190% damage.

Edit: ^^^^ Yeah I'd say depends on the number of targets. Single target Zenia would be better.

Trebek fucked around with this message at 17:31 on Aug 21, 2015

echofriendly
May 25, 2007

It don't mean butt
if it ain't got that jutt.

Sloober posted:

Feeva/Shera/Quaid/Raaga/Colt

you dont have status clense on this team

i would go Bestie/Edea(Narza)/Quiad/Zenia/Kira(Colt)/Tridon(F)

Use Narza if you dont have Edea, Colt if you dont have Kira

theres not an SBB ATK buff high enough that it overtakes the basic 1.5x Elemental weakness value or i would swap Quiad with Ultor.

Sloober
Apr 1, 2011

echofriendly posted:

you dont have status clense on this team

i would go Bestie/Edea(Narza)/Quiad/Zenia/Kira(Colt)/Tridon(F)

Use Narza if you dont have Edea, Colt if you dont have Kira

theres not an SBB ATK buff high enough that it overtakes the basic 1.5x Elemental weakness value or i would swap Quiad with Ultor.

That group is setup to use a friend for cleanse - kanon is my go to. If one is amazingly not available i have my own selection to pull from for it. Deimos also gets in as a friend unit for it, if the content doesn't null LS.

Sloober fucked around with this message at 19:04 on Aug 21, 2015

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

KataraniSword posted:

Zenia's defenitely better than Raaga. The 10% spark damage is pretty negligible outside of sparking Mifune's SBB and the SBB giving a further BB atk boost more than makes up for it. Zenia as a leader is damage that's fairly close to crit leaders like Colt, while providing a more stable dmg bonus and the BB spark fill. I use Zenia as a raid leader with no regrets. Makes BB spam much more reliable. Especially on 3+ target raid bosses even if they might have BC drop reduction.

I'd love to get my hands on Quaid too.

Sloober
Apr 1, 2011

Evil Fluffy posted:

Zenia's defenitely better than Raaga. The 10% spark damage is pretty negligible outside of sparking Mifune's SBB and the SBB giving a further BB atk boost more than makes up for it. Zenia as a leader is damage that's fairly close to crit leaders like Colt, while providing a more stable dmg bonus and the BB spark fill. I use Zenia as a raid leader with no regrets. Makes BB spam much more reliable. Especially on 3+ target raid bosses even if they might have BC drop reduction.

I'd love to get my hands on Quaid too.

Quaid is very useful. If i fight something that is light/dark I bring Yujeh or another light/dark changer. Now that i don't use his leader buff it's an even easier decision to make.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Sloober posted:

Quaid is very useful. If i fight something that is light/dark I bring Yujeh or another light/dark changer. Now that i don't use his leader buff it's an even easier decision to make.

If you get a Rinon, consider keeping her in permanently; between Quaid and Rinon, not only do you have all six elements, but you also have non-LS status protection (one that you don't have to waste a Refined Gem on, even!) and a source of healing. I was hugely unimpressed with her at first when I pulled her, but she's totally won me over tenfold by this point.

echofriendly
May 25, 2007

It don't mean butt
if it ain't got that jutt.

Sloober posted:

That group is setup to use a friend for cleanse - kanon is my go to. If one is amazingly not available i have my own selection to pull from for it. Deimos also gets in as a friend unit for it, if the content doesn't null LS.

i dont have any content left that doesnt null LS at some point I just assume LS skills are in play for the first few nuke turns and then gone.

Sloober
Apr 1, 2011

KataraniSword posted:

If you get a Rinon, consider keeping her in permanently; between Quaid and Rinon, not only do you have all six elements, but you also have non-LS status protection (one that you don't have to waste a Refined Gem on, even!) and a source of healing. I was hugely unimpressed with her at first when I pulled her, but she's totally won me over tenfold by this point.

I think I have rinon all those light female units sort of look the same. Rinon yujjeh Priscilla etc.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

After getting a Rigness and a Herculean Ultor friend, finally got past x1. Now onto the vortex quests and have less things to do.

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007

Majinfefnir13 posted:

Just got my Buffer Jewel with 123 wins. I am legitimately surprised that this Vortex arena was not poo poo despite the crappy start.

Not sure if it was the whales racing to sanctified first or if they just made it easier to find higher tier opponents but either way this was much, much eaiser than the last couple of times.

Damegane
May 7, 2013
Made it. If this is how things will go, I won't mind more vortex arenas. If nothing else at least having it around didn't make the servers poo poo themselves this time round.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

But now we're going from Vortex Arena straight into FH...trading one grind for another. :shepicide:

Ratmtattat
Mar 10, 2004
the hairdryer

I'm glad that I'm only shooting for a +1 on the next FH. It'll give me time in game to figure out what I'm going to do to complete Grand Quest 10 because the developers just love to make sure you have the gimpiest units that you have to use.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Ratmtattat posted:

I'm glad that I'm only shooting for a +1 on the next FH. It'll give me time in game to figure out what I'm going to do to complete Grand Quest 10 because the developers just love to make sure you have the gimpiest units that you have to use.

Reddit seems to recommend a Diana/Elimo combo for Team Worthless.

I'm missing Elimo (still :argh:) so this recommendation gives me fits. Zeldeus, while drat good, doesn't have Elimo's healing/status cleansing. If I had a BB booster, a mitigator, and a healer all in two units (that aren't Narza, who gets instantly vaporized by Cardes), I could probably manage. As it stands, I got as far as stalling out interminably with a Zeldeus/Rinon combo where I could only actually do real damage once every four turns and I'd either fail to get healing out or fail to mitigate and then I'd get reduced to a fine mist.

KataraniSword fucked around with this message at 01:43 on Aug 23, 2015

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007

KataraniSword posted:

But now we're going from Vortex Arena straight into FH...trading one grind for another. :shepicide:

Can't grind past HR41 son :smuggo:

In other news, someone on reddit managed to finish Trial X3 in one turn using an all Light crit team and Nemethgear's UBB. It's pretty rude considering X3 is probably the hardest and worst trial in the game.

Poala Bear
Jan 25, 2007

Kegslayer posted:

Can't grind past HR41 son :smuggo:

In other news, someone on reddit managed to finish Trial X3 in one turn using an all Light crit team and Nemethgear's UBB. It's pretty rude considering X3 is probably the hardest and worst trial in the game.

I was able to do it as well. It was awesome.

Kira lead - Blight Seal + Gelnite Axe
Nemethgear - Duel Fragment + Steeple Rose
Will - Batootha + Heavenly Bud
Lilith - Blades of Ultor
Raaga - Scarlet Pin + Heavenly Bud
Kira friend - Don't remember

hero crystal, OD Nemeth, Fujin everyone except for one of the Kiras. Use light ore or gleam stone, brute elixir everyone then SBB Kira, UBB Nemeth, SBB Will > Raaga > Lilith. Attack with final Kira.

Xie'Jing went to what I thought was 0% health but either she HAS to do some of her scripted events before she dies or I was unlucky and manage to leave 0.1% of her health. She summoned Fei, proceeded to wipe my team, Fei died/disappeared, then her turn ended and my second team (just a Griel and Maxwell filler) popped up. Their regular attacks killed her though. Huzzah!

Ratmtattat
Mar 10, 2004
the hairdryer

Did some pulls with the guaranteed summon gate trying to get a Zenia. Didn't get her, but I did get a Medina and Raaga which will help a bunch with some stuff.

Gordong Dongbay
Oct 18, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I've been playing about a week now so I'm still learning all these different events they run from time to time. As someone who is new and is really only doing the quests and occasional arenas, should I just be summoning from the Frontier gate while it's available or should I still be putting my gems into the normal Rare summon gate?

Deathwing
Aug 16, 2008
You could definitely do worse than most of the units in the FH gate, but I would be hesitant to use it too much because of the 6-gem cost and the potential for dupes.

Is there any real chance that we'll (in any reasonable span) get the the 3-gem God Gate that reddit is constantly mentioning?

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Is there any way to get a Mecha God aside from Friday's dungeon? Because if so, this Frontier Summon thing seems like amazingly bad advertising - you pay an extra gem for a good unit, sure, but you're sure as hell not going to be able to use those units in this Frontier Hunter in any capacity like it's trying to advertise, even if you whale out a bunch of Metals and evolution fodder. Most FH periods are only like four to five days, so it'd be closing before or very slightly after you could get any of these guys to 7*.

EDIT: If I managed to pull a Raaga and a Zenia (from the earlier popular units set, not this newest one), which one should I prioritize? Does Raaga even have a purpose as a sub unit over Zenia, assuming you have the Obsidian Core Amplifier?

KataraniSword fucked around with this message at 20:07 on Aug 23, 2015

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

There's no reason to use Raaga over Zenia. She's simply better than him.

Damegane
May 7, 2013

Deathwing posted:

You could definitely do worse than most of the units in the FH gate, but I would be hesitant to use it too much because of the 6-gem cost and the potential for dupes.

Is there any real chance that we'll (in any reasonable span) get the the 3-gem God Gate that reddit is constantly mentioning?

People are saying if we do get it, it'll show up as part of the anniversary event in a few months or something.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Magnazorda is such an awful seven star unit, yeah sure, go inflict some status ailments, It's not like I got a Tora who does everything you do but better.

Even two of you doesn't make things better.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Man, I'm hitting that brick wall in GQ where everything is an unfun slog but I really want some of the prizes. I just found out the hard way that the Honor Armor might as well be a 100% Completion prize for Paris's GQ (meaning killing WRT, which I still haven't managed), and pretty much everything about the second Palmyna GQ is just ridiculous and horrible. And then there's finding a way to kill Lin's Grand Jelly in under six turns. :suicide:

It's reaching a point where I feel like I have great units but not the right great units (Why can I not get an Elimo, ever) and so I can't clear the existing content I haven't cleared despite clearing all the other content.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Decided to SBB10 and max level the Nemethgear I had because it could probably be useful though I don't know what group I'd try to work him in to other than single target raids/trials where I'd want to be able to BB spam (more).

Where do you set your favorites for Arena team and buddy leader? I cannot find it in the iOS version.

Damegane posted:

People are saying if we do get it, it'll show up as part of the anniversary event in a few months or something.

Pretty sure there were a few things we didn't get last year that Japan did for their anniversary. I'd be stunned if we get the "pick any unit from this list, then pick its subtype and rarity. Ok here you go" freebie that Japan got among their usual giant pile of anniversary goodies.

• Locked thread