Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
The Yet Another LPFWA Tournament Arc Event, or TYALPFWATAE.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

"Most plans are critically flawed by their own logic. A failure at any step will ruin everything after it. That's just basic cause and effect. It's easy for a good plan to fall apart. Therefore, a plan that has no attachment to logic cannot be stopped."
Well, considering that the promotion's moved to SA, how about Anime Dispute Tournament: Raging Wrestlers (ADT:RW)?

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

IGgy IGsen posted:

Oh yeah right. Anime vs Not Anime PPV is coming next week. Forgot to mention that. We still don't know what to call it.

LPFWA Destination Japanimation.

How are we determining #1 contender for the LPFWA title? Can't have a PPV without a world title defence.

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."

EclecticTastes posted:

Well, considering that the promotion's moved to SA, how about Anime Dispute Tournament: Raging Wrestlers (ADT:RW)?

I actually like that one. But feel free to keep them coming

Eeevil
Oct 28, 2010

Well obviously he didn't see it, or he'd be wearing a hardhat :colbert:
If we're naming it after the anime forum, how about the 1st Annual VEGETA Memorial Saga?

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

Little Pussies Frequently Watch Anime.

Both the name of the league and the PPV.

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises
Very Exciting Grand Extravagant Tournament of Anime, or VEGETA for short.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
In honor of Jon Stewart leaving TDS, and this tournament totally being based on false pretenses like the 2nd Iraq War, I suggest Animessopotamia.

e: someone said there's an intro with the iraq flag or something? if you use this one you should have someone use it

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Lazyfire posted:

Little Pussies Frequently Watch Anime.

Both the name of the league and the PPV.

Lazyfire's Pitiful, Faultily Written Acronyms are untruthful.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Zanzibar Ham posted:

In honor of Jon Stewart leaving TDS, and this tournament totally being based on false pretenses like the 2nd Iraq War, I suggest Animessopotamia.

e: someone said there's an intro with the iraq flag or something? if you use this one you should have someone use it

This is Sgt. Slaughter's Wrestlemania 7 entrance I think.

Action Shakespeare
Mar 25, 2010

TIME magazine's Person of the Year 1996

Junpei Hyde posted:

This is Sgt. Slaughter's Wrestlemania 7 entrance I think.

yeah you can even have your character carry in the flag. i had big boss do it :v:

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Why, yes, I do like Kirby games.
Since this is a fight between animes and anti-animes, maybe we should have two names for the PPV, one anime and one non-anime, and let the winning side retroactively name the PPV? In the meantime, it can be The Nameless PPV.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
Nonsense. Since there is a massive feud between Anime and Anti-Anime, it is clear that neither should get to name the next PPV. I instead propose it be named "DashCo. Presents A Very Special LPFWA Pay-Per-View, Brought To You Buy 'Dash Rendar's Cheap Food Sold 4 Cheap', A Subsidiary Of DashCo. -- The 'Buy' Is Not A Typo!"

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

FredMSloniker posted:

Since this is a fight between animes and anti-animes, maybe we should have two names for the PPV, one anime and one non-anime, and let the winning side retroactively name the PPV? In the meantime, it can be The Nameless PPV.

Let's compromise and call it Lazyfire's Anime Crushing Monster Truck Derby.

Action Shakespeare
Mar 25, 2010

I request that Boob Marley fight for team anime. Who better to represent your team than an actual titty monster?

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

"Most plans are critically flawed by their own logic. A failure at any step will ruin everything after it. That's just basic cause and effect. It's easy for a good plan to fall apart. Therefore, a plan that has no attachment to logic cannot be stopped."
: Hey, just to set the record straight for my legions of fans regarding which side I'm on here, I don't have particularly strong feelings on anime one way or the other. There's some really good stuff, and there's a lot of really terrible stuff, much like every other form of media. I feel like everyone involved should maybe chill out about Japanese cartoons.

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

Hokay. I just decided that we won't have LPFWA this week. See you next week at the usual time, though. Maybe I'll even make some new CAWs, finally. I've really gotten lazy with those.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Will next week still be the PPV?

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

Zanzibar Ham posted:

Will next week still be the PPV?

No, next week will be this weeks show and the week after we'll have the PPV.
(we're pretending to go by some Kayfabe Calendar that doesn't advance unless there's a show. I don't even know which month or week we're on canonically and I would advice nobody put too much thought into that.)

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

I believe you mean "moonth".

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer

Lizard Wizard posted:

I believe you mean "moonth".
See now that's a bit tricky since there are no moon days per se; the thing rotates around its axis about once per orbit. So a moon day takes a month, and a moon month would take about two and half years.
Basically you can explain any and every time discrepancy as "LPFWA couldn't be arsed to calculate this poo poo".

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer

IGgy IGsen posted:

(we're pretending to go by some Kayfabe Calendar that doesn't advance unless there's a show. I don't even know which month or week we're on canonically and I would advice nobody put too much thought into that.)

Cool, so we still have a Buscus!

Though without Zore it'll never be the same. :cry:

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises

IGgy IGsen posted:

Month ♫, Week ♥

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Lousy Smarch weather.

Action Shakespeare
Mar 25, 2010

edit: wrong thread

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

This is a reminder that we'll have us a show later today.
As with the last few weeks I just happened to be too lazy to work on any CAWs.

E:

quote:

#1 Buscus Brawl
Midnightlight (c) vs. Dash Rendar the El Chad

#2 One on One
Eclectic Tastes vs. Punchy

#3 Anime vs. Not Anime
Loki vs. Gryph Hammer (that guy's actually booked this time?)

#4 No. 1 Contender for Kawaii Title
Grim Darkflame vs. Auroa

#5 One on One
kalonZombie vs. Fruitsniffer

#6 LPFWA Championship Match!
Frederick Hope (c) vs. Zore

Non-canon Bonus Match
Loki goes to Wrestlemania and fights for their lovely title.
Loki vs. John Cena

IGgy IGsen fucked around with this message at 15:46 on Aug 29, 2015

Torchlighter
Jan 15, 2012

I Got Kids. I need this.

Loki, you're never gonna beat the Champ, John Cena! And to prove it, I'm gonna step in the ring and show you. I had to sneak into Iggy's Office to do it, but you and I have a match. Bring your A game! Step up! Because I've read your wiki page, I've seen your movelist.... And I'm not impressed. If you think you've got the burning spirit to take on the champ, you're gonna have to go through me! And I don't like androgynous people... no, wait, isn't it ambiverts? No, wait I got it, you're ambitious, and I don't like the ambitious..... GRR! Be there tomorrow!

E: In other news, I'm literally writing my own wiki page, because that's what I do. The Moon men fans of LPFWA have to know about the Camoed Avenger, Gryph Hammer!

Torchlighter fucked around with this message at 15:52 on Aug 29, 2015

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

I figured why we didn't have a link last week. SA only lets you post once every ten seconds. So If I post in the stream thread and here after one another only one will get through.
Anyway, starting shortly, just waiting for Loki to join us.
http://www.hitbox.tv/IGgy

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

I should have written down the results but I forgot to do it completely. Schir normally did that but I fired him for... no reason basically. Actually I didn't fire him but I'll keep claiming I did.
So, people wrestled and some people won, others lost. Maybe I'll make a more detailed post tomorrow when or if I remember to upload this.

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

: Hey, I just wanted to say, I'm mad disappointed in you, Punchy. I'd been looking forward to stepping into the ring with you, but what the hell was that? You can't just no-sell half my moves and expect the match to be convincing! It's unprofessional! I may have been booked to lose, but if I don't get off at least a few of my best moves, nobody's gonna buy it. The fans are losing their poo poo about it on Twitter, and your merch sales are tanking! LPFWA is a business, and we're entertainers. Boring matches like that lose us money, and possibly fans. Are you so caught up in the kayfabe that you've forgotten that? I know I requested the match myself, but next time, I hope I'm booked against someone who understands that.

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

29.08.2015 - JC at WM9 hell yeah! - Look, Punchy Fights Without Authenticity (courtesy of Eclectic Tastes)
(video just finished processing, if it doesn't work properly now just come back later.)

In this show we decided that from now on somebody will have to fight John Cena every episode until John Cena is beaten. Loki could not do it, will Eclectic Tastes fare better? Probably not because John Cena is still John Cena.
Next show is a PPV in which the Anime vs. Not Anime feud will be settled once and for all. Probably.

Also, since just about to come up: Punchy is speedrunning Silent Hill for an ESA event. Tune in if you feel like it http://www.twitch.tv/europeanspeedsterassembly
Is run is up after the current one.

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

IGgy IGsen posted:

In this show we decided that from now on somebody will have to fight John Cena every episode until John Cena is beaten. Loki could not do it, will Eclectic Tastes fare better? Probably not because John Cena is still John Cena.

My other suggestion for the title was "Loki Pays For Wrestlemania Avarice" in honor of his valiant, but futile, effort. :eng101:

Also I'm hoping that "buff dudes can override all my moves like nothing" doesn't turn into a crippling weakness like DCB's instant tapouts when put in submission holds. Curse your wonky mechanics, WWE 2k14!

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer

EclecticTastes posted:

Also I'm hoping that "buff dudes can override all my moves like nothing" doesn't turn into a crippling weakness like DCB's instant tapouts when put in submission holds. Curse your wonky mechanics, WWE 2k14!
They're halting her caffeine circulation. Purely intentional.

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

So, what's the deal with all the people barging in on matches, only to either stand there or wander right back out again? Is that your guys' doing, or has WWE2k14 decided two wrestlers is more than enough?

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

FredMSloniker posted:

So, what's the deal with all the people barging in on matches, only to either stand there or wander right back out again? Is that your guys' doing, or has WWE2k14 decided two wrestlers is more than enough?

You saw what happened to Palpatine at the Royal Rumble, clearly he remembered and had second thoughts about interfering in my match. :smug:

(Though I actually think his intended target was Punchy over the dumb anime stuff.)

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

FredMSloniker posted:

In WWE 13 they sometimes came in did a finisher and then hung around for a bit and sometimes they stood outside and distracted the ref. In WWE 2k14 they only stand outside and try to do something I guess.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
I can't believe that simpleton leaves his ship unlocked.

*Ziiiip*

-Mission log; Day 73- It's a good thing no one has been paying any attention to me lately, it's made this El Dasho disguise incredibly easy.

I've had everyone fooled, from Leebo to Galen, even that lame-brain Palpatine! It's a good thing that 7-11 around the corner carries fake mustaches.

Dart, status report!

Uh... well, the moon's year-long food supply was stolen and then a giant, infinite pizza happened. Life's been a little weird up here to be honest.

Have you been drinking again?

The ad said I could be like a god.

I need to start seeing some results from you, Rex, or its your rear end on the line! *End of Transmission*

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Something better get set on fire in the tag title match.

I'm just saying, I'm pretty sure tornado tag elimination flaming tables is a match type. It was in WWE 13 at least.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

anilEhilated posted:

They're halting her caffeine circulation. Purely intentional.

I need to get an EpiPen loaded with caffeine for when that happens. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Walter hasn't been in a match in three weeks, and Pyroi has been off the air for longer. Any chance of seeing either of them at the PPV?

• Locked thread