Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

80% cacao is bordering on the bitter side which would taste amazing in curry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

She also spiced it too.

Admoon
Oct 29, 2009

Basically she scienced the poo poo out of it and now it's delicious

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Some people here never tasted Mole chicken. Do it, it's delicious.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
I like the intergenerational interactions here, showing explicitly that Kuga is pretty much the same kind of person as Souma and therefore everyone is a cool person (except Erina's dad until some later arc when he finally approves of her cooking or whatever).

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

MonsieurChoc posted:

Some people here never tasted Mole chicken. Do it, it's delicious.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

Nah, Alice was in Main Street while Kuga and Souma were in the Central Area.

Basically, neither Souma nor Kuga got what they wanted.

Souma beat Kuga on the 4th day in terms of sales, but lost overall in total sales.
Meanwhile, Kuga beat Souma overall and (presumably) placed 1st on the 5th day, but failed to stay in 1st place for all 5 days, which was his condition for a rematch with the 1st Seat.

Actually we never really learned who won on Day 5 we just know Soma didn't make up the deficit from days 1-3. It's sort of implied that Soma probably won day 5 also since he got close overall.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

Kyte posted:

Chocolate 3D printers already exist though.
http://3dprint.com/35081/culinary-printing-3d-systems/

Pretty cutting edge, though, which suits Alice just fine.

I never claimed they didn't?

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

paragon1 posted:

I never claimed they didn't?

The way you phrased it made it sound more amazing than it was.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

It is pretty amazing, but in a shounen cooking series featuring a character who specializes in cutting edge techniques, it's not exactly surprising.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

Kyte posted:

The way you phrased it made it sound more amazing than it was.

What are you, some kind of excitement Hitler?

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Uh in that last episode when Soma held up the knife was that a jojos reference?

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

I alone shall stand on top

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

im not sure since i don't watch the anime, but the manga does make jojo's references

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Uh in that last episode when Soma held up the knife was that a jojos reference?

Maybe but there's a much more obvious one coming up.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
Are they going to finish the tournament in the next few episodes?

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Haha, no.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Mraagvpeine posted:

Are they going to finish the tournament in the next few episodes?hem to finishhem

I'm expecting them to finish the preliminaries and do the setup for the quarterfinals bit that's about it.

tobeannouncd
Oct 2, 2011

The tiger took my family

Mraagvpeine posted:

At the pace they're going, it'll probably be one or two more episodes to get to the final 4 in each group. After that, I'm guessing that it'll probably another 7-10 episodes for the tournament to finish.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

MajorMarcus posted:

At the pace they're going, it'll probably be one or two more episodes to get to the final 4 in each group. After that, I'm guessing that it'll probably another 7-10 episodes for the tournament to finish.

They're probably going to end with the top 8, maybe the very last scene ending on cliffhanger on who Soma's first opponent is. With the rest of the tournament being in a second season.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Neo_Crimson posted:

Maybe but there's a much more obvious one coming up.

nope, gonna have to get to season 2 for that

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

I hope the second season is announced quickly if that happens. I want to know what happens enough to go back and read the manga, but I really like this show and would prefer to continue watching it animated for as long as possible.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.

Mraagvpeine posted:

The season will end at the top 8 almost assuredly.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Is it not gonna be continuous ?

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
Taken from the official color scans:

Shokugeki no Soma Manga Discussion: Came For The Food, Stayed For the Cute Boys And Hot Girls.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

SwissArmyDruid posted:

Shokugeki no Soma Manga Discussion: Came For The Food, Stayed For the Cute Boys And Hot Girls.

Shokugeki no Soma Manga Discussion: An Endless Parade of Meat

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
I concede.

tobeannouncd
Oct 2, 2011

The tiger took my family
The new chapter is up on WSJ if you have a subscription. I have abandoned the Soma/Tadokoro ship and have now boarded S.S. Tsukasa/Tadoroko.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

I guess Rindou is the actual winner for hitting all 120 booths.

Kind of weird that Eishi's cooking specialty is specifically the opposite of the thing they claimed made Soma lose the Fall Election. I like how the upperclassman aren't nearly the douchebags the underclassman are, possibly because I don't get the impression that Eishi or Rindou are going to be people that the First Years compete against.

And Eishi is pretty much the polar opposite of Tadokoro in that he's supremely confident in his cooking ability and super-pessimistic about his ability to provide good service.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe
The first years have no need to be assholes cause they're winning.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Well since Kuga got his whole goals and attitude explained last week he's seemingly not actually that much of a bad person either. The only member of the Elite 10 who is actively a horrible person seems to be Eizen.

But yeah, I doubt Soma and friends will end up facing Tsukasa and Rindou. If only because they're 3rd years and they'll probably have graduated by the time the first years are ever good enough to directly compete with them (this 1st year has got to be over half done already right?). Though they'll probably still have an important presence in the series.

alkanphel
Mar 24, 2004

Tsukasa's setup totally reminded me of Takazawa in Tokyo.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Angry Grimace posted:

Kind of weird that Eishi's cooking specialty is specifically the opposite of the thing they claimed made Soma lose the Fall Election.

Nah, he still has a specialty, it's just "bring out the best potential of the ingredients, instead of trying to force any particular style of cooking on them." That's still something only he can do, with his supreme talent at choosing ingredients, and would probably have passed the judge's test in that tournament. By contrast, Soma is "kind of generally good at cooking, maybe a bit adaptable."

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

Soma visiting Tsukasa's booth in this chapter seems to set up full-course assignments or hell, full-course shokugekis in the future. Which Megumi will probably excel at come to think of it since her 'hospitality' thing looks like it'll help in creating a harmony between dishes.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Rindou continues to skyrocket to the top of the cool characters list after two chapters.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
Holy poo poo, if Tsukasa's cooking joins forces with Megumi's hospitality the results will be something to behold. Especially if Tsukasa finds someone he can trust with the small details in the kitchen and thus becomes free to churn out dishes nonstop.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
You can tell that Rindou's awesome cause she walks so briskly and energetically while everyone is strolling and trying to be cool.

She's actually cool, unlike the posers.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Isshiki does not look like he is trying to be cool either.

Also sword guy is definitely cool. Because drat, he's got a huge-rear end sword. How's he going to cook with that? It's amazing.

vibratingsheep
Nov 2, 2013

Fudou, Gunzou. The Face of the Franchise Killer. 2004.

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Isshiki does not look like he is trying to be cool either.

It's Isshiki, his default state is trying to be naked, not trying to be cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

vibratingsheep posted:

It's Isshiki, his default state is trying to be naked, not trying to be cool.

Fuckin' magic.