Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Heresiarch
Oct 6, 2005

Literature is not exhaustible, for the sufficient and simple reason that no single book is. A book is not an isolated being: it is a relationship, an axis of innumerable relationships.

theflyingexecutive posted:

this is the face of a guy who comes up with a name for something first, and then a product and business plan

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

Mido posted:

lol at this amateur photography attempt at a portrait

lol at Bitcoin

lol at the goatse response

lol at how

lol
also hes wearing google glasses

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Mido posted:

lol at how

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

this is the face of a guy who comes up with a name for something first, and then a product and business plan

head like a loving orange

Crust First
May 1, 2013

Wrong lads.

indigi posted:

head like a loving orange

head like an orange
black as your... poo poo

Tanith
Jul 17, 2005

Alpha, Beta, Gamma cores
Use them, lose them, salvage more
Kick off the next AI war
In the Persean Sector

Crust First posted:

head like an orange
black as your... poo poo

orange is the new black

Sono
Apr 9, 2008

this is the face of a guy who comes up with a name for something

Buttcoin purse
Apr 24, 2014

Why did this person want all bitcoiners to DDoS port 49150 on the whole Internet, is there something else that runs on that port, something fiat-based?

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Buttcoin purse posted:

Why did this person want all bitcoiners to DDoS port 49150 on the whole Internet, is there something else that runs on that port, something fiat-based?

it doesn't seem to find any typical use other than as an example port

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?

Feinne posted:

the gently caress has karpeles made it so long in jail, i assumed he'd bitch out like day two

it is a competition between the stubbornness of the Japanese justice system and a Frenchman, an irresistible force and an immovable object

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
I don't think the Japanese style of coerced confessions works that well on foreigners there though, especially if they don't speak your language very well, and the consequence of not confessing is you (presumably) get to keep your ill-gotten Mt. Gox millions and don't go to prison

Mercury_Storm fucked around with this message at 03:01 on Aug 24, 2015

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?

Mercury_Storm posted:

I don't think the Japanese style of coerced confessions works that well on foreigners there though, especially if the don't speak your language very well, and the consequence of not confessing is you (presumably) get to keep your ill-gotten Mt. Gox millions

I suspect he's now pretending not to understand or speak any language other than French

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!

eschaton posted:

I suspect he's now pretending not to understand or speak any language other than French

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Crust First posted:

head like an orange
black as your... poo poo

Tanith posted:

orange is the new black

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
The whole situation is kind of strange, cause I think we all assumed that when they took him in they had uhh, evidence? It's kind of hilarious if they really did just drag him into solitary expecting he would immediately roll on his bitsploits

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
oops dp

TVarmy
Sep 11, 2011

like food and water, my posting has no intrinsic value

tibanne was the brains behind the operations.

mark just signed the checks, but with homegrown php crypto.

CampingCarl
Apr 28, 2008

Mercury_Storm posted:

The whole situation is kind of strange, cause I think we all assumed that when they took him in they had uhh, evidence? It's kind of hilarious if they really did just drag him into solitary expecting he would immediately roll on his bitsploits
unless this means they tried and didn't find anything and this is a last ditch effort and karpeles is going to get away with it if he keeps his mouth shut.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Mercury_Storm posted:

This doesn't necessarily mean that they don't have evidence, it just means that they'd rather keep trying for a slam dunk confession rather than taking things to trial. I mean would you really expect some fat anime nerd like Magikarpeles to stay quiet after two months of interrogation?

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish

CampingCarl posted:

unless this means they tried and didn't find anything and this is a last ditch effort and karpeles is going to get away with it if he keeps his mouth shut.

:toot:

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
Where's Edgeworth when you need him?

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?

QuarkJets posted:

I mean would you really expect some fat anime nerd like Magikarpeles to stay quiet after two months of interrogation?

but what would an innocent man have to confess?

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
i guess that whether he gets convicted or not this is probably the end of markarpeles' stay in japan

i wonder what adventures await him next

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby
Quebekarpeles

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

big scary monsters posted:

i guess that whether he gets convicted or not this is probably the end of markarpeles' stay in japan

I'm sure his Twitter will let us know

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

big scary monsters posted:

Probably a return to France so strict he will have to get a real job lest he ever gently caress up the books and be charged with money laundering

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Mercury_Storm posted:

The way it works is like this: they can detain you for up to three weeks before they are forced to charge you with something. It basically gives you a chance to confess before things get uglier. But, of course, this is completely ineffective against foreigners.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

Mercury_Storm posted:

mescrimes.txt

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug

Erenthal posted:

unironically rooting for karpeles

he may be a bastard, but he's our bastard

When did we come around on Karpelés? IIRC it was when DPR's lawyer gave the Karpelés defense but i am not certain.

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012

Cold on a Cob posted:

don't quote bitcoin stymie

honestly he's more like bitcoin tobleronetriangular

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Dren posted:

When did we come around on Karpelés? IIRC it was when DPR's lawyer gave the Karpelés defense but i am not certain.

when he singlehandedly ruined bitcoin

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Segmentation Fault posted:

don't insult tobleronetriangular like that again tia

sleepy gary
Jan 11, 2006

karpeles should have replaced cosby in the nice popups

Tanith
Jul 17, 2005

Alpha, Beta, Gamma cores
Use them, lose them, salvage more
Kick off the next AI war
In the Persean Sector

DNova posted:

karpeles should have replaced cosby in the nice popups

I would also accept hammerlicker

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Segmentation Fault posted:

imagine TT but completely obvious, without any notion of trying to make a believable troll out of his statements.

so the exact opposite of TT, you loving rube

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Tanith posted:

I would also accept hammerlicker

just use this beautiful thing

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK
prison interpreters here also are paid less than minimum wage and don't get their travel fees reimbursed (which here is basically a gigantic "gently caress you"), so I imagine the stress of the interrogation on mark-sempai is more from the horribly-mangled "french" being spoken at him and not the enforced sitting or lovely food

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK

Boxturret posted:

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Boxturret posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boxturret