Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Slender man / Hokie romantic fan fiction now in play

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
I support VT and their history of mascots meant to give children nightmares

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Its that time guys, UGA had its first arrest of the offseason! But this time it wasn't actually a player, it was one of our GAs that got nabbed for a DUI.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Raku posted:

This thing is one notch removed from being the ceremonial depiction of a god in a neolithic society.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

Sash! posted:

This thing is one notch removed from being the ceremonial depiction of a god in a neolithic society.

Well you'll recall it stood like this on the sidelines as young men sacrificed themselves on a field of blood and sweat

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Raku posted:

Well you'll recall it stood like this on the sidelines as young men sacrificed themselves on a field of blood and sweat

I can't wait for the people of the year 17,000 CE to completely misinterpret all our stuff

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Sash! posted:

I can't wait for the people of the year 17,000 CE to completely misinterpret all our stuff

In certain parts of Texas, dog worship was the de jure religion.

I guess that's not completely misinterpreting.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Roll Tide

computer parts posted:

In certain parts of Texas, dog worship was the de jure religion.

I guess that's not completely misinterpreting.

"The Men of Aggie would all join together, expelling themselves into ceremonial jars after hours of intense ritual. These were brought to the dog goddess as an offering. Afterwards they donned their ceremonial garb and spent hours squeezing each others spent testicles to frighten their foes."

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Woohoo #1 DE from last cycle, Josh Sweat, who suffered a really terrible ACL injury, had a miraculously quick rehabilitation and will be playing for FSU in the opener

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.
Art Briles is going to be cowering in the corner of his office with his teddy bear after TCU hangs 70 on them this year. gently caress your made up championship.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Raku posted:

"The Men of Aggie would all join together, expelling themselves into ceremonial jars after hours of intense ritual. These were brought to the dog goddess as an offering. Afterwards they donned their ceremonial garb and spent hours squeezing each others spent testicles to frighten their foes."

The chief deity of the Alabamians was a mythohistorical figure named Bearbryant. Members of the labor class would frequently adorn their bodies with tattoos of his image to gain a portion of his magic.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Roll Tide

Sash! posted:

The chief deity of the Alabamians was a mythohistorical figure named Bearbryant. Members of the labor class would frequently adorn their bodies with tattoos of his image to gain a portion of his magic.

Later into the Alabamian Dynasty, a schism occurred. Sabanists overthrew the ruling class, led by their prophet, Pawl

Frinkahedron
Jul 26, 2006

Gobble Gobble

Raku posted:

Our first mascot was an actual live turkey trained to gobble on command.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Roll Tide

Frinkahedron posted:

Our first mascot was an actual live turkey trained to gobble on command.

QuetzlHokt'l

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Raku posted:

QuetzlHokt'l

:unsmith:

mayodreams
Jul 4, 2003

Hello darkness,
my old friend

Raku posted:

You know, I thought Purdue Pete was terrifying, but JESUS CHRIST. :stare:

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Raku posted:

Dehumanize yourself and fa- gobble gobble

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun

Raku posted:

Bear witness to the glorious visage of He Who Walks Behind the Rows

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Rad Valtar posted:

Art Briles is going to be cowering in the corner of his office with his teddy bear after TCU hangs 70 on them this year. gently caress your made up championship.

Where we're going, 70 won't be enough :getin:

JonathonSpectre
Jul 23, 2003

I replaced the Shermatar and text with this because I don't wanna see racial slurs every time you post what the fuck

Soiled Meat

Ghost of Reagan Past posted:

what in the gently caress

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

I wasn't planning on sleeping tonight anyway

Dr_Strangelove
Dec 16, 2003

Mein Fuhrer! THEY WON!

Raku posted:

QuetzlHokt'l

Greatly enjoyed this :respek:

Did not enjoy this :stare:

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
The first Hot Take™ about Sark's drunk rant is out:

quote:

And the fact that the boosters cheered him doesn’t matter.

Coaches tell their players that phone cameras are everywhere, and the night has a thousand eyes, and they have about as much of a private life as an East German in the age of the Stasi.

So here’s a big-buck football coach, the guy to whom the parents have entrusted their young men, turning into Kid Rock.

And it is the reason that Sarkisian, at the very least, has to be suspended for the rest of the 2015 season.

quote:

Sarkisian wasn’t ambushed. He wasn’t sabotaged by a guerilla cameraman. He did not “make a mistake.” He made a series of willful mistakes that should earn him probation.

A long and strict series of steps, maybe 12 of them, should lie between Sarkisian and reinstatement. And, considering how difficult it will be for Sarkisian to enter a recruit’s living room, maybe he’s beyond redemption.

There isn't a :allears: emoticon big enough to describe me as I watch this dumb USC drama (hopefully) keep going.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
Someone on reddit ranked the AP pollsters' ballots by consistency, that is, the average difference between what they ranked each team and where they're ranked on the final poll.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
It probably says something about all of my friends from USC, but they want him to now do all of press-conferences drunk

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
Between this and the Stanford game mess Pat Haden has to hate Sark by now, right?

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
Mitch Vingle ranked LSU #2 and TCU #17.

What the gently caress, dude?

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs

VDay posted:

The first Hot Take™ about Sark's drunk rant is out:

There isn't a :allears: emoticon big enough to describe me as I watch this dumb USC drama (hopefully) keep going.

I saw a few on Twitter this morning but drat that's spicy.

I really wonder if/how many of these people interact with the world at large when I read stuff like this

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Sark came across as way more composed, reflective, and clearheaded than a sober beckman

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Strobe posted:

Mitch Vingle ranked LSU #2 and TCU #17.

What the gently caress, dude?

Purple teams are all the same

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs

Metapod posted:

I wish

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Metapod posted:

yes, they all own that is true

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy

R.D. Mangles posted:

yes, they all own that is true

Except for the Vikings and Northwestern, I guess

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

Except for the Vikings and Northwestern, I guess

Northwestern is the best college football team in the country you churl

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.

R.D. Mangles posted:

Northwestern is the best college football team in the country you churl

Academics don't count on the field sir.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Was it last year or the year before where Northwestern was hypothetically really good until Ohio State beat them and then they were back to garbage?

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

Was it last year or the year before where Northwestern was hypothetically really good until Ohio State beat them and then they were back to garbage?

Northwestern was even really competitive well into the fourth in that game. Then the wheels came off.

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

2013. When the wheels fell off in the fourth quarter of the OSU game, they stayed off.

e: here's the box score for that game, just because it's pretty rare that you can pinpoint the exact moment when a season goes to poo poo:

Slate Action fucked around with this message at 06:00 on Aug 24, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Goddamn that was worse than I remembered.

• Locked thread