Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

I thought when they went to hummus was the best part

I can't make tits nor rear end of this exotic goo!

It's like some kind of bean gravy!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Funny, this is the second comedy podcast to jokingly recommend the new Carly Rae Jepsen album to me...nice try Carly :tinfoil:

Harvey Danielson Goodbike, fighting road dogs and their road rash

Punkin Spunkin fucked around with this message at 20:13 on Aug 24, 2015

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

You know, I saw the joke speakcheesy coming but it was like there was nothing I could do about it

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

How the hell was this episode not called Tequila or some variation

Asterios
Apr 17, 2008

So long, Skorpex!

https://www.presidentbaby.com
Hey, I'm gonna be on Bunker Buddies tomorrow. If any fans of that show have any advice or tips, please hook me up!

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Asterios posted:

Hey, I'm gonna be on Bunker Buddies tomorrow. If any fans of that show have any advice or tips, please hook me up!
Have an interesting answer for the final "desert island movie/tv series" question they ask every single episode.

Also don't tell Andie what the majority of this thread thinks of her :(

Asterios
Apr 17, 2008

So long, Skorpex!

Kenny Logins posted:

Have an interesting answer for the final "desert island movie/tv series" question they ask every single episode.

Also don't tell Andie what the majority of this thread thinks of her :(

Got it! Don't let her know how much we all love her.

Asterios
Apr 17, 2008

So long, Skorpex!

Just finished recording with Travis & Andie. Holy poo poo, Travis is the quickest, funniest guy I think I've ever talked to on a podcast.

I've been a huge fan of his for years, but I was 100% not expecting how much he knew about The Rapture. What a talented goddamn guy.

They said the episode drops September 1st, so keep an ear out!

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD
Thank Travis for Travis.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Travis is a good boy and I'm glad that he's finding his own ways to branch out even if I'm not a huge BB fan.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

How powerful is travis in person

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.

Asterios posted:

Just finished recording with Travis & Andie. Holy poo poo, Travis is the quickest, funniest guy I think I've ever talked to on a podcast.

I've been a huge fan of his for years, but I was 100% not expecting how much he knew about The Rapture. What a talented goddamn guy.

How many Fantastic 4 Items did you have? I tried the pancakes and the glaze was meh.

Asterios
Apr 17, 2008

So long, Skorpex!

Golden Bee posted:

How many Fantastic 4 Items did you have? I tried the pancakes and the glaze was meh.

All of them?

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY

Asterios posted:

The McElroys come from a pretty conservative Christian upbringing, so I'm not surprised at all he knows a lot about the Rapture. I don't often listen to BB, but your episode sounds fun! I'll tune in!

Asterios
Apr 17, 2008

So long, Skorpex!

Conrad_Birdie posted:

The McElroys come from a pretty conservative Christian upbringing, so I'm not surprised at all he knows a lot about the Rapture. I don't often listen to BB, but your episode sounds fun! I'll tune in!

I've been listening to them for years, and I had no idea he almost became a preacher until now.

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY

Asterios posted:

I've been listening to them for years, and I had no idea he almost became a preacher until now.

That's crazy! I hadn't heard that. Oh man, Travis would be the perfect "cool preacher," carrying around his "Extreme Teen bible."

Jolyne Cujoh
Dec 7, 2012

It's not like I've got no worries...
But I'll be fine.
Clint is literally an ordained minister (also a cleric) so ueah, Christian family yo

Asterios
Apr 17, 2008

So long, Skorpex!

He was speaking so fast and with such incredible, passionate detail about 7 signs of the biblical apocalypse...it was just so entertaining. Then he told us how drunk he was. Then he suggested we all pause Skype so he could drink more. Then he explained signs 5, 6 & 7.

A MEGA EXPLODING
Oct 4, 2012

I may be an underachiever, but I do have a name!
Hey guys, does anyone know of any podcast like The Adventure Zone?

I've binged all the episodes a few times over and can't scratch the comedy and fun D&D itch. I know about the LPs of 3.5 and 4e stuff from General Ironicus but the mp3 links to early stuff seem to be lost

Fierce Brosnan
Feb 16, 2010

I have seen into the future
Everyone is slightly older

A MEGA EXPLODING posted:

Nerd Poker? I found some of the players kinda obnoxious, but YMMV.

CherryDoom
Jul 5, 2005

SIGH

A MEGA EXPLODING posted:

I've binged all the episodes a few times over and can't scratch the comedy and fun D&D itch. I know about the LPs of 3.5 and 4e stuff from General Ironicus but the mp3 links to early stuff seem to be lost

I've been listening to One Shot http://www.oneshotpodcast.com/
It's not an ongoing campaign, rather a bunch of short adventures in different systems. Almost all the players are improv people though, so it's usually very hilarious. I recommend Actual Cannibal Shia Lebouf and their current Numenera series

They also have Campaign, which is an ongoing story set in the Star Wars universe, but I haven't listened to it.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Asterios posted:

All of them?

Oh, you're that Asterios. I really enjoyed your segment on that JJGO ep. Your radical positivity with the edge of something being increasingly very wrong was a great way to play it.

I hope you keep going on that show from time to time, and now I'm really looking forward to this upcoming ep of BB.

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

Yeah, Asterios' first appearance on JJGO like a year ago is one of my favourites too. There's a point where Jordan says something like "You guys, I'm having a lot of fun today" with such a delightfully sincere sense of glee.

General Ironicus
Aug 21, 2008

Something about this feels kinda hinky

CherryDoom posted:

I've been listening to One Shot http://www.oneshotpodcast.com/
It's not an ongoing campaign, rather a bunch of short adventures in different systems. Almost all the players are improv people though, so it's usually very hilarious. I recommend Actual Cannibal Shia Lebouf and their current Numenera series

They also have Campaign, which is an ongoing story set in the Star Wars universe, but I haven't listened to it.

Campaign is real loving good. The most recent few episodes are a flashback story to fill a scheduling gap so you can jump right in with those. Last week's prominently features Margaritaville, so it's the perfect one for this thread: http://www.oneshotpodcast.com/campaign/flashback-episode-five/

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator

Conrad_Birdie posted:

Huh. Huh! Three brothers from a conservative Christian family, gather together to face the hive of depravity known as Yahoo Answers.

ArgaWarga
Apr 8, 2005

dare to fail gloriously

FWIW I live in a state where pizza is outlawed only when it's good, so I've considered smuggling frozen pizzas in my luggage.

East coast has no idea what good pizza is NY style is trash :can:

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

ArgaWarga posted:

FWIW I live in a state where pizza is outlawed only when it's good, so I've considered smuggling frozen pizzas in my luggage.

I will knife fight you.

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

All pizza is good pizza

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

kdrudy posted:

All pizza is good pizza

On the other hand Papa Johns exists

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

Counterpoint: not actually pizza

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

ArgaWarga posted:

do people's dicks just get hard at the concept of starting really pointless slapfights that bog down threads and make them unreadable for several pages over the most trivial poo poo, help me understand here

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Alaois posted:

do people's dicks just get hard at the concept of starting really pointless slapfights that bog down threads and make them unreadable for several pages over the most trivial poo poo, help me understand here

The people have to know that the things they like are bad. They should like good things such as, for example, the things that I like. This is very, very important.

Scudworth
Jan 1, 2005

When life gives you lemons, you clone those lemons, and make super lemons.

Dinosaur Gum

ArgaWarga posted:

Yeah cool thanks good info.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
Not quite a Monster Factory, but Justin gets to take the wheel in this one.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQyxUxI2wh8

e: No, the pizza that I grew up with is the best pizza. You are all incorrect.

SpacePig fucked around with this message at 01:15 on Aug 27, 2015

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~

kdrudy posted:

All pizza is good pizza

Words spoken by someone who has thankfully never has St. Louis pizza

Democratic Pirate
Feb 17, 2010

All pizza is good, but the best pizza resides in totinos pizza rolls, conveniently located at your totally not shady dollar general.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Little Jerry, Jerreeeeee, and Barbara are some of my favorite NPCs in the entire game.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Democratic Pirate posted:

All pizza is good, but the best pizza resides in totinos pizza rolls, conveniently located at your totally not shady dollar general.

No, Dollar General only stocks Brand Ecchh. :gonk: If you want the good stuff, you'll have to find a Family Dollar. That shouldn't be too hard if you live in Huntington, because Justin's story made it sound like it consists exclusively of dollar stores.

Visual Sneeze
Mar 4, 2008

Rose City 'til I die!
Watched the live show in Seattle tonight (because Portland sold out so fast), and I feel like it was really drat good. One audience question (Target poo poo conditioning) threatened to get awkwardly unpleasant but I think it was handled very well. The not so surprising celebrity appearance was a nice touch too.

Other suggested talking points: horse gauntlet, bee racial slurs, a peach of a joke, Pitbull!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Waffleman_ posted:

Little Jerry, Jerreeeeee
That Robbie, Rooobbbieeee tangent ended up being prophetic

• Locked thread