Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Nope. Not a word.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zombie Tsunami
Jun 22, 2006

The Pats DEF in the 9th is an extremely iconoclastic maneuver. I respect and fear this fantasy owner.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Nope. Not a word.

You're the best. :allears:

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

old dog child posted:

You're the best. :allears:

Wasn't me. I would have said something, because that's hosed up and it's a family league. I would have at least told my wife.

District Selectman
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax
I wouldn't even want to play in a league that bad. It wouldn't be fun, unless it was like a $1k buy in and I could win a bunch of cool money.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

District Selectman posted:

I wouldn't even want to play in a league that bad. It wouldn't be fun, unless it was like a $1k buy in and I could win a bunch of cool money.

Gotta take your fake football serious yo.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Greg Olsen and Mark Ingram went higher than Le'Veon Bell.

:chanpop:

District Selectman
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

LmaoTheKid posted:

Enjoy! (I'm not touching any of them unless it's insane value)

Ryan Mathews is going in the 8th, and if it's anywhere near an even time share that makes him an RB2, flex option at the least. That's insane value IMO. Also if Demarco misses a game he'd be an RB1.

District Selectman
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

jabro posted:

Gotta take your fake football serious yo.

He says in an internet thread dedicated to fantasy football

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

My brother talked some poo poo today, saying "I can't believe nobody has done this" and all smug like selected DeVante Parker. It was about two picks later that he realized that that is, in fact, a different person than Devante Adams.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Wasn't me. I would have said something, because that's hosed up and it's a family league. I would have at least told my wife.

Oh, for a moment there I was very proud that you screwed everyone over. You gotta be evil during fantasy football!

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

kiimo posted:

My brother talked some poo poo today, saying "I can't believe nobody has done this" and all smug like selected DeVante Parker. It was about two picks later that he realized that that is, in fact, a different person than Devante Adams.

Get wrecked

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

That's the second time you've responded to my post with get wrecked and I'm just as confused now as I was the first time.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Didnt see a team rate thread. Howd I do guys? 12 team 2 QB league, QB 6pt tds idp

QB: Peyton Manning, Ryan Tannehill, Ryan Fitzpatrick
RB: C.J. Anderson, Jonathan Stewart, Ameer Abdullah, LeGarrette Blount, Arian Foster, Danny Woodhead
WR: Mike Evans, DeSean Jackson, Davante Adams, Allen Robinson, Martavis Bryant, Steve Johnson
TE: Tyler Eifert
PK: Cody Parkey
TD: Cleveland Browns

DL Chandler Jones
LB Lavonte David
DB Reshad Jones

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

I think of Matthews as a nice bench piece or maybe a desperation flex if you're hurt by bye weeks or injuries. Also probably a high end RB2 with a Murray injury. I don't think it's going to be near an even timeshare, since you don't throw that sort of money at Demarco unless you're planning on him being the undisputed guy. He won't touch the ball 450 times again (literally 500 if you include playoffs jesus Christ lol) but I can easily see 20-22 touches per game compared to like 10-12 per game for Matthews.

I can see Ryan ending up with 700 rushing yards, 30 catches for 300 yards, and a handful of touchdowns. You could do worse than him in the 8th or 9th round considering the fact that if he's pushed into a larger role (Demarco has played 16 games only once in his career which was last year and now he's coming off that ridiculous 500 touch season) he would be really loving good in the Eagles' offense.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

District Selectman posted:

Ryan Mathews is going in the 8th, and if it's anywhere near an even time share that makes him an RB2, flex option at the least. That's insane value IMO. Also if Demarco misses a game he'd be an RB1.

If Murray misses a game? I'm way more inclined to think Matthews misses games. Which he will. That's what he does.

Murray has been pretty sturdy the last 2 years even with his heavy usage.

I still want no part of that backfield and crazy coach (except Matthews).

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

kiimo posted:

That's the second time you've responded to my post with get wrecked and I'm just as confused now as I was the first time.

I'm pretty much saying eat poo poo but in a cleaner way

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I thought you guys were talking about Jordan Matthews at first. Ryan Matthews will break your heart again and again, it never ends.

Faltese Malkin
Aug 22, 2005
Georgetown

LmaoTheKid posted:

If Murray misses a game? I'm way more inclined to think Matthews misses games. Which he will. That's what he does.

Murray has been pretty sturdy the last 2 years even with his heavy usage.

I still want no part of that backfield and crazy coach (except Matthews).

Also there's the EXSPROLSION getting touches, too

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Ty1990 posted:

I think of Matthews as a nice bench piece or maybe a desperation flex if you're hurt by bye weeks or injuries. Also probably a high end RB2 with a Murray injury. I don't think it's going to be near an even timeshare, since you don't throw that sort of money at Demarco unless you're planning on him being the undisputed guy. He won't touch the ball 450 times again (literally 500 if you include playoffs jesus Christ lol) but I can easily see 20-22 touches per game compared to like 10-12 per game for Matthews.

I can see Ryan ending up with 700 rushing yards, 30 catches for 300 yards, and a handful of touchdowns. You could do worse than him in the 8th or 9th round considering the fact that if he's pushed into a larger role (Demarco has played 16 games only once in his career which was last year and now he's coming off that ridiculous 500 touch season) he would be really loving good in the Eagles' offense.

Agreed. 1000 total yards, 30 catches, and 5 TDs would've been good for ~RB20 in 0.5 PPR last year. Who knows which will end up injured, but since Murray had a ridiculous workload last year and will almost certainly get more work this year, I'd bet on him going down first/for longer.

Franks Happy Place
Mar 15, 2011

It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the dank of Sapho that thoughts acquire speed, the lips acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion.
Shout out to Metapod, it looks like I may have been wrong about Sankey being entirely trash. He looked adequate tonight.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Franks Happy Place posted:

Shout out to Metapod, it looks like I may have been wrong about Sankey being entirely trash. He looked adequate tonight.

Sankey is going to feast on defenses with this new thing they call the read option

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

kiimo posted:

I thought you guys were talking about Jordan Matthews at first. Ryan Matthews will break your heart again and again, it never ends.

Ryan Matthews, Mark Ingram, Jonathan Stewart. Every time you take one of these guys they get injured/handcuffed/are trash. Every time you don't take them they become fantasy studs but only when they're playing against you for that week.

Franks Happy Place
Mar 15, 2011

It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the dank of Sapho that thoughts acquire speed, the lips acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion.

Metapod posted:

Sankey is going to feast on defenses with this new thing they call the read option

Well let's not go crazy here. He's still in a godawful timeshare and Cobb is talented.

That said, I'd put Sankey over Cobb in the ADP sense, that's for sure.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Doltos posted:

Ryan Matthews, Mark Ingram, Jonathan Stewart. Every time you take one of these guys they get injured/handcuffed/are trash. Every time you don't take them they become fantasy studs but only when they're playing against you for that week.

This was also Reggie Bush his whole career.

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Metapod posted:

I have him on my bench and am happy from what I saw.

Go Titans!

Zombie Tsunami
Jun 22, 2006

Metapod posted:

Tell me more of this "read option"... is it like a screen pass?

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich
So I drafted Kelvin Benjamin two days before his ACL exploded, out of these guys who should I look to take his place?

I already have Megatron as my WR1:

Sammy Watkins
Percy Harvin
K. Allen
L. Fitzgerald

Basically, my best bet to move to WR2 and Flex?

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Depending on who you ask, Watkins or Allen. I'm down for Watkins.

Cut Percy Harvin, you will eventually.

Pancakes by Mail
Oct 21, 2010

Many years later, as he faced the firing squad, Goaltender Carey Price was to remember that distant afternoon when his father took him to discover ice.

Spoeank posted:

Depending on who you ask, Watkins or Allen. I'm down for Watkins.

Cut Percy Harvin, you will eventually.

I'm a Bills fan and I love Sammy but with one of Matt Cassel, EJ Manuel or :siren: TYROD TAYLOR :siren: "throwing" to him he's probably going to disappoint people in fantasy this year.
Allen, on the other hand, has the ever-dependable Rivers throwing his way and also looks to benefit from an increased workload with Gates out of the picture for a bit.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

old dog child posted:

Oh, for a moment there I was very proud that you screwed everyone over. You gotta be evil during fantasy football!

True. It's something my wife and I have been debating. I think we agreed we would tell each other but screw everybody else.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

My keeper league has an IR slot, so I'm going to target Jordy and Kelvin in the late rounds. Might be able to keep one of them next year for a 16th or something, without sacrificing a roster spot. Anyone else I should target?

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

Pancakes by Mail posted:

I'm a Bills fan and I love Sammy but with one of Matt Cassel, EJ Manuel or :siren: TYROD TAYLOR :siren: "throwing" to him he's probably going to disappoint people in fantasy this year.
Allen, on the other hand, has the ever-dependable Rivers throwing his way and also looks to benefit from an increased workload with Gates out of the picture for a bit.

Buffalo is just shaping up to be a fantasy disaster this year. Tyrod looks good, though, but I can't see that offense being anything than a team that scores 6 points or 9 points a week via the kicker and a bunch of 3 and outs.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Wrong Thread

mcmagic fucked around with this message at 14:55 on Aug 24, 2015

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer

Doltos posted:

Ryan Matthews, Mark Ingram, Jonathan Stewart. Every time you take one of these anyone they get injured/handcuffed/are trash. Every time you don't take them they become fantasy studs but only when they're playing against you for that week.

Fantasy Football Commandment #2.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

10 team league. Standard NFL.com rules, no PPR. How'd I do?

QB: Peyton Manning
RB: Jamaal Charles
RB: Joique Bell
WR: AJ Green
WR: Jeremy Maclin
TE: Greg Olsen
W/R: Brandon Lafell

BN: Sam Bradford
BN: LeGarrette Blount
BN: Fred Jackson
BN: Danny Woodhead
BN: Brandon Marshall
BN: Roddy White

K: Justin Tucker
DEF: Eagles

Picked Charles in the first. There was fuckall for RBs by the time I picked again at the end of the 2nd. Think I'm set for WRs.

ZIGfried
Nov 4, 2005

I can hardly contain myself!
Christ people, there's a thread for rating teams.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3736579&pagenumber=1&perpage=40#post448979280

Krazee Eyez Killa
Feb 16, 2007
Quick question I'm in a yahoo standard league and drafted bell, I have room for a fill in RB for the first 2 weeks should I pick up Alfred Blue, Deangelo Williams, or Tre Mason, those are the best available

Pancakes by Mail
Oct 21, 2010

Many years later, as he faced the firing squad, Goaltender Carey Price was to remember that distant afternoon when his father took him to discover ice.

Quiet Feet posted:

10 team league. Standard NFL.com rules, no PPR. How'd I do?

Picked Charles in the first. There was fuckall for RBs by the time I picked again at the end of the 2nd. Think I'm set for WRs.

In a 10-team league I can't imagine there wasn't someone with a shitload more upside than Joique Bell. His ceiling is pretty low just because he's pretty much guaranteed to start ceding work to Abdullah.
I'm not in love with Maclin, either - the Chiefs are sort of where WRs go to die. The RB situation is pretty grim on the bench imo. Keep a reallllly close eye on teams with uncertain RB situations heading into the year (Dallas, Cleveland, maybe Arizona, there are others) and try to score someone who's going to get a big share of carries.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Mollymauk posted:

Thanks went with Charles then got Brown in the 2nd.

That's a loving coup right there son

• Locked thread