Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ElCondemn
Aug 7, 2005

Babe Magnet posted:

the Water T sideplot is my favorite thing that's happened on tv all year

I loved all of it, Rick made him care, he cares now!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CeallaSo
May 3, 2013

Wisdom from a Fool

atomicthumbs posted:

nobody else noticed the fact that they've retconned Mr. Poopy Butthole out of the opening credits?

Who?

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

atomicthumbs posted:

nobody else noticed the fact that they've retconned Mr. Poopy Butthole out of the opening credits?

This joke was funny last week.

It is no longer last week.

Chair In A Basket
Aug 6, 2005

I'm basically Jesus.

Nap Ghost
Why did BP have a picture of Rick & presumably Morty at his place? The first 2 photos are understandable, but the last kinda stood out, and Bird Person didn't answer Morty direct when he asked him about it.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Chair In A Basket posted:

Why did BP have a picture of Rick & presumably Morty at his place?

The theory I've seen is Birdperson is Rick's chosen godparent for Morty in case anything happens to him. (No, Beth and Jerry don't get a say)

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

This felt too random and scatter-shot to be one of the better episodes. Minor characters from the last season show up but they're not terribly interesting outside of Birdman. It seems callous of Rick to vaporize those guards when being Rick it seems like he'd find a novel solution. And it felt odd that the giant floating heads get away with everything. King Jellybean, the parasites and Fart were killed before they could cause any more damage, but there's nothing stopping these heads from holding another song contest.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Well. They ended their own show because Rick and Morty won. So I think it's safe to say they're done.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Inspector Gesicht posted:

And it felt odd that the giant floating heads get away with everything. King Jellybean, the parasites and Fart were killed before they could cause any more damage, but there's nothing stopping these heads from holding another song contest.

I hadn't thought of that, but that does bother me now that you mention it. Rick's snake transfiguration didn't seem that out of place though, killing/close enough to killing isn't really a big deal to him unless it's someone he really cares about.

The side characters were the really weird part. It felt Simpsons-like. Rick and Morty doesn't need a recurring cast outside of the main family unless it's for bit parts tying in to Morty's school.

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.

atomicthumbs posted:

Remember that time there was no Mr. Poopybutthole in the credits?

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.

text editor posted:

the principal apologizing for "all the amber alerts i'ved ignored on my phone" might have made me laugh the hardest, which is terrible

personally I really liked "That's just debris I dug out of my carpet, I have no idea what humans eat." I loving love Birdperson.

Also, the Ice T plot was outstanding and I bought that Summer would be insecure & damaged enough to buy into something that seemed to have so much good things to offer.

Rougey
Oct 24, 2013
Lost my poo poo at Tammy.

This is the best show.

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.
The b story in this one was stronger than the a story, I think. The only other one where that was definitely the case was meeseeks.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe
Did Adult Swim screw up the upload on their website? I can't watch the current episode past about 16 minutes in.

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

Looking back, the Anatomy Park episode is hampered by having a domestic B-plot. The whole Fantastic-Voyage-inside-a-dead-hobo plot goes on fast-forward to make room for Jerry not enjoying Christmas.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.

Looking back, the Anatomy Park episode is hampered by having a domestic B-plot. The whole Fantastic-Voyage-inside-a-dead-hobo plot goes on fast-forward to make room for Jerry not enjoying Christmas.

I still haven't rewatched all the S1 episodes, but just off of memory that's my personal least-favorite. One of the strengths of this show is that there's so much crazy unpredictable poo poo going on and that it never does the same thing twice, but what that also means is that since the show isn't boringly consistent in the way some others shows are, that lots of different people are gonna be attracted to all those new and different things the show is always doing, and thus will different favorites.

(just take a look at this week's episode and that there were even people who didn't like the Ice-T/Water-T subplot :gasp:)

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

XboxPants posted:

(just take a look at this week's episode and that there were even people who didn't like the Ice-T/Water-T subplot :gasp:)

those people are the worst

Eat My Ghastly Ass
Jul 24, 2007

Mokinokaro posted:

Did Adult Swim screw up the upload on their website? I can't watch the current episode past about 16 minutes in.

Trying to watch it at work AND IM HAVING THE SAME PROBLEM

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Mokinokaro posted:

Oh yeah. I had that problem too.

Kunster
Dec 24, 2006

ZorajitZorajit posted:

This was a good episode. The Tammy stuff was skeezy, but I suspect there's Rick backstory hidden in there. I want a Get Schwifty ringtone.

You're in luck! The Rick and Morty game did have the track (in a sorta loopable mode) laying around for a puzzle (along with the Summer Truffles theme), so it's a matter at poking at the files or record it during a playthru. It's on the 3rd part.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.
"Don't be gross tammy"

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.

Mokinokaro posted:

Me too. In fact, to make it irritating, it jumps straight into the pilot episode for me after 16 minutes.

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

JT Jag posted:

I can only imagine all the situations a leg-mounted snake holster would come in handy.

Doc Orpheus has some splaining to do

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Kunster posted:

You're in luck! The Rick and Morty game did have the track (in a sorta loopable mode) laying around for a puzzle (along with the Summer Truffles theme), so it's a matter at poking at the files or record it during a playthru. It's on the 3rd part.

Huh! All of the songs this season are on there. P dope. Even that "CONNECTION! EXPERIENCE!" one.

Space T Rex
Sep 15, 2007

Your title was so old it used HTML which isn't even allowed in titles anymore what the hell
My least favorite episode was a rickle in time. Just didnt do it for me. this one was good because i said so.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

text editor posted:

the principal apologizing for "all the amber alerts i'ved ignored on my phone" might have made me laugh the hardest, which is terrible

Yep same, I had to pause the show. Great episode.

Samuro
Aug 28, 2004

I'm going to make you cry like I did when my goldfish died!
pretty cool to see Squanchy squanching on the drums on that pic in Bird Persons house for their band "The Flesh Curtains"

The Sin of Onan
Oct 11, 2012

And below,
watched by eyes of steel
we dreamt

It seems callous of Rick to vaporize those guards when being Rick it seems like he'd find a novel solution.

Mostly agreed with what you're saying, but given that Rick straight-up didn't consider the Gromflamites as people in the pilot episode solely because they worked for the government, I don't think he'd give too much of a poo poo about killing government agents on Earth.

Blastedhellscape
Jan 1, 2008
The funniest part of that episode for me was the gag that Rick had just been disintegrating guys and pretending he was turning them into snakes. Or the funniest part until the post-credits scene at least.

I also loved how the unstoppable planet-teleporting/planet-destroying cosmic heads seemed like something straight out of an old Jack Kirby comic, complete with a ‘cosmic tribunal’ in the form of a reality show contest.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
geez guys youre right we should be concerned about the agency of that little lady cartoon character. what if this animated combination of lines and shapes was too young to decide to fly away with a bird person??

what if?????

Loved this episode. When I saw the preview it looked like it was written by the Regular Show guys, with a giant head just appearing out of nowhere and demanding sick beats. They did their own thing with it though.

Tormented
Jan 22, 2004

"And the goat shall bear upon itself all their iniquities unto a solitary place..."
Best part of last night:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-c-d720OvH8

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
Does the episode video on adultswim.com cut out at 16 minutes for anyone else or is it just me?

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Entropic posted:

Does the episode video on adultswim.com cut out at 16 minutes for anyone else or is it just me?

Yup. It seems to be broken for everyone.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
Is the preview for next week up anywhere?

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer

32MB OF ESRAM posted:

Loved this episode. When I saw the preview it looked like it was written by the Regular Show guys, with a giant head just appearing out of nowhere and demanding sick beats. They did their own thing with it though.

SHOW ME WHAT YOU GOT

Cacafuego
Jul 22, 2007

This guy gets it

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

Gorilla Salad posted:

Is the preview for next week up anywhere?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MOQVDWFJljM

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

CelticPredator posted:

The weakest episode is the Gazorpazorp one. It's the only one I do not like re-watching.

This one was dope. I love that all their episodes have a awesome tune now.

This one wasn't one of my favorites but I'll gladly re-watch it, I still don't like the Gazorpazorp one either, it feels lazy.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
To paraphrase Howard Hawks, a good season is 3 good episodes and no bad ones. By that logic I think this season is still well on its way to greatness.

I am Reverend
Sep 21, 2008

Pheromosa's Special Attack rose!

VideoTapir posted:

The b story in this one was stronger than the a story, I think. The only other one where that was definitely the case was meeseeks.

I don't think it's an unpopular opinion that the Snuffles part of Lawnmower Dog was way better than the Inception stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

I don't think Summer was acting out of character this episode. She has a tendency to get carried away when something makes her happy or when someone is nice to her. She literally stuck up for Satan himself because he gave her a job. She's very hard working and devoted to whatever she chooses to support, but because she's still a teenager she doesn't have the best judgment skills yet.

• Locked thread