Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005

Stefan Prodan posted:

I'm eating more also I just meant compared to last time I was lifting and I'm getting 30g more protein a day than I was so maybe that will help

Make sure you track what you eat with something like myfitnesspal or something so you can keep track of your macros.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

Stefan Prodan posted:

Started lifting regularly again after taking a month or two where I was doing it really sporadically, this time I'm being really good about drinking at least one protein shake every day which I wasn't doing before

Maybe I will actually get the gains this time

ya can put more than one scoop in that shake. I'd recommend it if you dont have the rest of your diet in check because you're probably not getting much protein

fyi nutrition is like 50% of the battle if you want a nice body. When I was a newbie I didn't care at all about what I ate and saw very little results other than strength in the gym. Then I started being disciplined with what I ate and started with bulking and cutting cycles and saw great results

Cobra Commander
Jan 18, 2011

Yesterday was a mega hosed day, didn't get out of bed until 9:00 at night and didn't eat the entire day. Took a dose of Psycho by Scivation for preworkout and annihilated back shoulders and biceps. Psycho has "geranium extract" or that sweet sweet DMAA if I am correct. Either way I worked out until 12:30 and felt like I could keep going. After I left I stopped to get some milk and I consumed shakes until I hit at least 180 grams of protein.

genderfluid and beautiful
Feb 1, 2005

Cobra Commander posted:

Yesterday was a mega hosed day, didn't get out of bed until 9:00 at night and didn't eat the entire day. Took a dose of Psycho by Scivation for preworkout and annihilated back shoulders and biceps. Psycho has "geranium extract" or that sweet sweet DMAA if I am correct. Either way I worked out until 12:30 and felt like I could keep going. After I left I stopped to get some milk and I consumed shakes until I hit at least 180 grams of protein.

RIP your toilet

Cobra Commander
Jan 18, 2011

Haven't died yet, death will await me at the squat rack.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
I took 2 weeks off from the gym and the kitchen to deal with a stressful work problem and to fly across the country for a family emergency.

Lost like 8 pounds, and now I'm all sore from everything I've done this week.

Stress blows.

Gasbraai
Oct 25, 2010

Lictor my Dictor
Rise from your grave swolethread.

I have wicked lower back pain in the morning, what exercises can I do to alleviate it.

Metanaut
Oct 9, 2006

Honey it's tight like that.
College Slice
Reverse hyper extension is like magic for lower back

stretch/roll your glutes and hamstrings

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Best lower body exercise is and always has been a good rogering from the local gymlords

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

Lunixnerd posted:

I have wicked lower back pain in the morning, what exercises can I do to alleviate it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HoNW3TnAT3Y&t=177s

Want to punch his voice but this is good for you

Also just light back extensions to build up stability, maybe some planks to help the front side too

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit

Lunixnerd posted:

look up yoga videos on youtube that specifically target the back

also do you have any kind of muscular imbalance? is your back much weaker or stronger than your abs? is your posture hosed from your goon throne?

maybe try to focus on strengthening the part of you that is weak

e. stretch your hip flexors

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
At work I make sure to squeeze my rear end into the space between the cushion and the back support, this keeps my spine neutral.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Lunixnerd posted:

Probably yoga. poo poo's hippy dippy as gently caress but it really is the best exercise for getting rid of pain/stiffness

turbomoose
Nov 29, 2008
Playing the banjo can be a relaxing activity and create lifelong friendships!
\
:backtowork:

Lunixnerd posted:

Stretch your hamstrings too. And yeah light back extensions. I had this happen when I was doing tons of ab exercises but nothing for my back.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
The deadlift is a popular backcercise.

Thots and Prayers
Jul 13, 2006

A is the for the atrocious abominated acts that YOu committed. A is also for ass-i-nine, eight, seven, and six.

B, b, b - b is for your belligerent, bitchy, bottomless state of affairs, but why?

C is for the cantankerous condition of our character, you have no cut-out.
Grimey Drawer

Lunixnerd posted:

3x8 of "How lovely is your mattress?"

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

IT'S LEGO, not Legos. Heh

Yo had our yearly physicals today at work.

I'm in the 99 percentile for cardio
I'm in the 97 percentile for push ups
I'm in the 91 percentile for sit ups

And I'm in the 97 percentile for body fat, at 8.1%

END OF AN ERROR fucked around with this message at 01:26 on Aug 25, 2015

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005

Tiny Lowtax posted:

Yo had our yearly physicals today at work.

I'm in the 99 percentile for cardio
I'm in the 97 percentile for push ups
I'm in the 91 percentile for sit ups

And I'm in the 97 percentile for body fat, rt 8.1%

Nice man, congrats

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

Poetic Justice posted:

Nice man, congrats

Thanks man. Feels good

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

Also I have body dysmorphia so I'm upset that I'm 97 percentile body fat and not 99 so I'm currently working out.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
i have so much body dysmorphia im stapling skinless chicken breasts to my biceps just to feel pretty

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
Body dismorphia is the disease trans people have.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I'm skinny!

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

notZaar posted:

Body dismorphia is the disease trans people have.

some weird articles recently have tried to turn "healthy people getting in shape" into a mental issue that causes people to overdose on protein

Say Nothing posted:

I'm skinny!

i will never understand major synthol use. not only does it look like poo poo, provide no benefits, and cause health hazards, but wouldnt steroid use be cheaper and more pleasant than shoving water bags underneath your weak baby muscles

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

No idea how much that stuff is, but steroids are super expensive.

limeincoke
Jul 3, 2005

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
Tryin out Boring but Big for the next 4 months or so. Have always done high volume bodybuilding poo poo for the past 6 years, and though occasionally I've had certain lifts hit good numbers (500 deadlift. 200 + military press) I've never been actually strong (and even those occasional good numbers were fleeting and I can't get close to them now). Figure winter will be a good time to see if I can get some actual respectable squat/bench press numbers. Might even transition from that routine into a 3-4 month show prep as I think ima compete next year (have had a few friends that I'm 100 % more aesthetic then compete in regional NPC comps and do well, so I think I can at least place).

Gasbraai
Oct 25, 2010

Lictor my Dictor

Zahgaegun posted:

3x8 of "How lovely is your mattress?"

Its fairly new, maybe about 4 months old, its harder than I'm used to but there's no big dents or lumps or other weird poo poo that I'm awkwardly splayed across at night.
I tend to sleep on my stomach and I lost a lot of weight and no longer have a big doughy cushioning gut, so maybe that's my problem, sleep position?

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
I'm starting to stall on deadlifts and squats on the Texas Method. Should I switch to 5/3/1?

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

No just stop working out all together

BelgianWaffle
Aug 25, 2002
damn Belgian

notZaar posted:

At work I make sure to squeeze my rear end into the space between the cushion and the back support, this keeps my spine neutral.

Don't worry, they all know.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
In the infinismall chance the guy who stole the only free decline bench while I was taking weights off the barbell is itt:

You're not very nice :mad:

Eat At Blimpees!
Aug 7, 2006
It's green, it flies, it's the Goblin Zeplin!

Neurolimal posted:

In the infinismall chance the guy who stole the only free decline bench while I was taking weights off the barbell is itt:

You're not very nice :mad:

He literally stole your gains.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Goblin Zeplin posted:

He literally stole your gains.

Starting Strength never prepared me for gain vampires

Srsly tho, really wanted to get some barbell situps in, and the dude before that spent like an hour texting on his phone. I need to find a gym that isnt half full of unused bicycles and treadmills (rly dont understand why they have them, planetfitness is close by so they're never going to get all of them filled at once, just leads to half the gym being cramped with awkward sweaty guys/girls)

genderfluid and beautiful
Feb 1, 2005

Neurolimal posted:

Srsly tho, really wanted to get some barbell situps in, and the dude before that spent like an hour texting on his phone. I need to find a gym that isnt half full of unused bicycles and treadmills (rly dont understand why they have them, planetfitness is close by so they're never going to get all of them filled at once, just leads to half the gym being cramped with awkward sweaty guys/girls)

"Hey, can I work in"
"Sorry, I'm already using this"

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
if anyone asks to work in it's actually code and they want to get inside you

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
so i think i sprained my left groin muscle (whatever thats called)

its kinda hard to walk right now

what the gently caress do i do now? lift weights in a wheelchair?

this sucks

soy
Jul 7, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Neurolimal posted:

The only solution is to build your own gym at home, whatever it takes. Eventually if you only work out in public gyms it will be like death by a thousand cuts. Eventually the resentment of other people will outweigh your desire for gains.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

evil spiff posted:

"Hey, can I work in"
"Sorry, I'm already using this"

duh

soy posted:

The only solution is to build your own gym at home, whatever it takes. Eventually if you only work out in public gyms it will be like death by a thousand cuts. Eventually the resentment of other people will outweigh your desire for gains.

naw, im p tolerant of other ppls lust for gains, im just cheesed that the gym literally has one decline bench + a shitload of dusty cardio machines

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

Chinatown posted:

so i think i sprained my left groin muscle (whatever thats called)

its kinda hard to walk right now

what the gently caress do i do now? lift weights in a wheelchair?

this sucks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

I hate when people ask me to work in. gently caress you go away there's other weights in this gym go lift those rear end in a top hat.

• Locked thread