Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

rotinaj posted:

He accidentally turns on Cortana
Bad road ahead

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

glug
Mar 12, 2004

JON JONES APOLOGIST #1
I'm assuming that's from some arc where he uses the internet to try and kill someone, which begs the question, did he rip of CSI (or whichever show did that) or did they rip off achewood?

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
It's the one where he makes a USB peripheral that allows you to stab someone over the internet.

http://achewood.com/index.php?date=01112007

splut splut splut

withak fucked around with this message at 18:18 on Aug 10, 2015

Howdy
Jan 25, 2005
"Holy crap! Nice Pete's in the band? Who else? Please tell me a cop and a doctor." is one of my favorite Achewood panels

e: a little earlier in that arc http://achewood.com/index.php?date=01052007

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Howdy posted:

"Holy crap! Nice Pete's in the band? Who else? Please tell me a cop and a doctor." is one of my favorite Achewood panels

Ray has a crush on being high pass it on

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

Howdy posted:

The entire arc is gold. "hooray for some guys" is definitely used more often than it should be around my life.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Deathlove posted:

The entire arc is gold.

"Jesus Ray we got the chessboard out but you playin' whac-a-mole" gets me every time :)

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

Jerusalem posted:

"Jesus Ray we got the chessboard out but you playin' whac-a-mole" gets me every time :)

I hope every time Nice Pete kills or maims someone, Ray looks at Roast beef and says " so, Whack-a-Mole, eh?"

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Been felting recently. Made a couple of knuckleheads and a little bullshit man.

glug
Mar 12, 2004

JON JONES APOLOGIST #1
In 10 seconds I went from that's stupid to that looks really cool.

That looks really cool, dude.

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe
How do you felt

Claytor
Dec 5, 2011

Darth Windu posted:

How do you felt

Pretty good, thanks.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Johnny Aztec posted:

I hope every time Nice Pete kills or maims someone, Ray looks at Roast beef and says " so, Whack-a-Mole, eh?"

yeah that would be cool and in-character

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.

RandomFerret posted:

Been felting recently. Made a couple of knuckleheads and a little bullshit man.

Those are pretty damned great.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Thanks. I know they're not the right colour, but undyed wool is cheaper and I had a lot of it left over from other stuff.

Darth Windu posted:

How do you felt

You take some wool that hasn't been spun into yarn yet, roll it into rough shapes and then jab it with a special needle to shape it. It's called felting because the needles come off of these big industrial machines that are used to make sheets of felt, and they have little barbs along the sides that tangle the fibres together.

The process is really forgiving since you can add extra clumps of wool wherever you need them and the more you have to work it the stronger the end product is going to be. All you really do is stab down every part that doesn't look like the thing you want.

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe

RandomFerret posted:

Thanks. I know they're not the right colour, but undyed wool is cheaper and I had a lot of it left over from other stuff.

You take some wool that hasn't been spun into yarn yet, roll it into rough shapes and then jab it with a special needle to shape it. It's called felting because the needles come off of these big industrial machines that are used to make sheets of felt, and they have little barbs along the sides that tangle the fibres together.

The process is really forgiving since you can add extra clumps of wool wherever you need them and the more you have to work it the stronger the end product is going to be. All you really do is stab down every part that doesn't look like the thing you want.

They look better undyed imo

Meat Beat Agent
Aug 5, 2007

felonious assault with a sproinging boner
Achewood looks good in black and white so undyed wool characters are pretty rad. Nice work!

Hackers film 1995
Nov 4, 2009

Hack the planet!

Pour artisanal soda on them I don't know. I got nothing.

But for real, nice job.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
Why you even got to do a thing as magnificent as that

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
You know, I really love the phrase " You can do whatever you want in life". I've been using it in situations where I think the other person is doing/saying/making a really bad life decision.
To them, it seems like I'm not being critical, but oh ho ho, if you know the context of the reference.

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

:jpmf:

Johnny Aztec posted:

You know, I really love the phrase " You can do whatever you want in life". I've been using it in situations where I think the other person is doing/saying/making a really bad life decision.
To them, it seems like I'm not being critical, but oh ho ho, if you know the context of the reference.

I use it towards a person I know who agonizes endlessly over the most irrelevant of decisions. It's my way of saying "you are consuming more energy talking about this choice than you could possibly stand to gain or save by choosing correctly".

Rereading the archives lately has reminded me how much I miss this strip in my life.

Is the store still going or is it abandoned as well? I kinda want a shirt.

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe

Johnny Aztec posted:

I dont think its meant to be critical

Trilobite
Aug 15, 2001

Javid posted:

I use it towards a person I know who agonizes endlessly over the most irrelevant of decisions. It's my way of saying "you are consuming more energy talking about this choice than you could possibly stand to gain or save by choosing correctly".
Another good one for that is "Being in trouble is a fake idea."

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

Darth Windu posted:

I dont think its meant to be critical

Well, perhaps, but I look at it like " you can do whatever you want in life, but that doesn't mean it a good idea to do so"

Like, Naked Hot tub brawls. You can do that in life, but now you are fighting naked in a hot tub with another guy.

glug
Mar 12, 2004

JON JONES APOLOGIST #1
Moreso, you can sit around watching hot tub brawls despite your sexual disposition being contrary to its intent. I use it the same way as you do man.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
I'm pretty sure that alt-text was more about Ray deciding to sit down and watch "Best of... Hot Tub Brawls" than about the choices made by the hot tub brawlers.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

I wonder if the same company that puts out the "Best of Hot Tub Brawls" also puts out a DVD devoted to the worst of hot tub brawls.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition
It's the same DVD with slightly different branding.

Tenterhooks
Jul 27, 2003

Bang Bang
Before this devolves into a Perry Bible-style argument over meaning, I always read that alt-text as a depressed 'How the hell did I end up drawing cat dicks for a living? Stay in school kids' kinda deal.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

Speaking of alt texts, no one has done a handy-dandy pull/archiving of those have they? Because someone should do that.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

Tenterhooks posted:

Before this devolves into a Perry Bible-style argument over meaning, I always read that alt-text as a depressed 'How the hell did I end up drawing cat dicks for a living? Stay in school kids' kinda deal.

It means all of those, and whatever else you want.
You can do whatever you want in life.

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese
Onstad wishes someone had told him that being in trouble was a fake idea when he was younger

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
Well he did sort of just pretend like that whole poo poo show never happened.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Had to look up a Star Wars character name, saw this guy in passing:

Elis Helrot requests the pleasure of your company after the Cantina Band finishes.

Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot

(and can't post for 4 years!)

han solo proved himself a coward who would desert a doomed rebellion

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

Jerry Mumphrey posted:

han solo proved himself a coward who would desert a doomed rebellion

Man, gently caress that guy.

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

I wonder how much traffic the Achewood server has had today regarding the Google logo refresh...

Roast Beef and Ray called it in 2006.

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete
I can't be the only one hoping that Kanye's presidential campaign follows the same trajectory as Ray's

SacrificialGoat
Oct 8, 2003

Catjaw is a hero of the people
So Onstad posted new art to his facebook, and someone asked "Very nice! Did they scrap the animated series or is it still gonna happen? Or is it still in schrodingers production phase?"

The response is "Somewhere between those three. Hollywood is like a junior high school boyfriend: promisey, bonery, and forgetful."

So hey maybe we'll still get a tv show if we hope real hard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

SacrificialGoat posted:

So Onstad posted new art to his facebook, and someone asked "Very nice! Did they scrap the animated series or is it still gonna happen? Or is it still in schrodingers production phase?"

The response is "Somewhere between those three. Hollywood is like a junior high school boyfriend: promisey, bonery, and forgetful."

So hey maybe we'll still get a tv show if we hope real hard.

Ha ha you dear summer child