Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Squint
Jul 14, 2007

Extremely Not Bad
It was me! I claim credit for coining the term, and I believe it was in the BlurtIt episode (131).

"To Kumquat" is a verb, and it means to mine a site for new content that is not in the doc, in real-time, while the recording is happening. That is often why Kumquat says very little for long stretches of some episodes he's in. He's working.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pulp rag
Feb 25, 2013

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor
And for that, we thank him.

dijon du jour
Mar 27, 2013

I'm shy

Sham bam bamina! posted:

It was Isfahan or Boots. I want to say that it was in the Sissy Kiss episode.

No no, that episode was the birth of the famous Kumpot.

e: Someone make a workout fetish episode. We need the Kumsquat.

dijon du jour fucked around with this message at 23:35 on Aug 19, 2015

That Old Tree
Jun 24, 2012

nah

Really need to check the F Plus Wiki the next time I think I know what I'm talking about.

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

Squint posted:

to mine a site for new content that is not in the doc, in real-time
Does it work better if you're on a crazy blog about movies or if you're browsing through sexy Skyrim mods?

dijon du jour posted:

I listened to both back-to-back a few days ago. :downs:

Squint
Jul 14, 2007

Extremely Not Bad

dijon du jour posted:

e: Someone make a workout fetish episode. We need the Kumsquat.

The coining of "Kumpot" was at F Plus Live 2, when an old Portal of Evil regular who'd come to hang out with us spoke it in a moment of drunken innocence while we were all getting back to our rooms after the after-party. He'd tried to say "Kumquat," but the whiskey in his system vetoed it.

PeaceDiner
Mar 24, 2013

Squint posted:

It was me! I claim credit for coining the term, and I believe it was in the BlurtIt episode (131).

"To Kumquat" is a verb, and it means to mine a site for new content that is not in the doc, in real-time, while the recording is happening. That is often why Kumquat says very little for long stretches of some episodes he's in. He's working.

I can confirm it was the Blurt It episode, because it's my favorite episode and I listen to it at least once a week. The exact line was "I'm Kumquatting through the 'wars and conflict' thing now," at around the 18:50 mark.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
Kumquat is very good.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

YES HI HELLO will never cease to make me laugh.

PUGGERNAUT
Nov 14, 2013

I AM INCREDIBLY BORING AND SHOULD STOP TALKING ABOUT FOOD IN THE POLITICS THREAD

watho posted:

YES HI HELLO will never cease to make me laugh.

please change thread title to The F Plus: YES HI HELLO

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Is it time to link this again?

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

Waffleman_ posted:

Is it time to link this again?

It is never not time to link it

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.

Rumda posted:

It is never not time to link it

Beated to the punch.

Mods, please embed this in the thread forever!

Radio Paranoia fucked around with this message at 20:38 on Aug 20, 2015

E4C85D38
Feb 7, 2010

Doesn't that thing only
hold six rounds...?

Does anyone remember a story about weirdly implausible gay sex with a line thrown around like "of all the things that didn't happen, this didn't happen the most"? Or am I confusing things again?

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

E4C85D38 posted:

Does anyone remember a story about weirdly implausible gay sex with a line thrown around like "of all the things that didn't happen, this didn't happen the most"? Or am I confusing things again?
A couple of episodes have had versions of that. For one example, I can't recall the episode itself, but I distinctly remember Isfahan saying, "OK, nothing didn't happen as much as that," and now he'll stop by shortly to tell us which one it was. Trust me, this is gonna work.

(Failing that, all we need to do is cross-reference the episodes with Isfahan and the episodes with implausible stories. Piece of cake.)

Sham bam bamina! fucked around with this message at 00:37 on Aug 21, 2015

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

Sham bam bamina! posted:

A couple of episodes have had versions of that. For one example, I can't recall the episode itself, but I distinctly remember Isfahan saying, "OK, nothing didn't happen as much as that," and now he'll stop by shortly to tell us which one it was. Trust me, this is gonna work.

(Failing that, all we need to do is cross-reference the episodes with Isfahan and the episodes with implausible stories. Piece of cake.)

Feels like something Bozarth said in the recent hypnosis episode? Or the magick one. "It shouldn't be so hard to create a promiscuous gay sex story" (paraphrased) may have been from the same ep you're looking for.

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

kalensc posted:

Feels like something Bozarth said in the recent hypnosis episode? Or the magick one. "It shouldn't be so hard to create a promiscuous gay sex story" (paraphrased) may have been from the same ep you're looking for.
No, this one's older.

PeaceDiner
Mar 24, 2013

kalensc posted:

The line from that one was "Of all of the things that never happened, this one never happened the most" at around the 31:20 mark after the CFG story.

For the original "nothing didn't happen as much as that" line, I know it was at least before 2014.

The Gillman
Jul 8, 2004
Beaten with a sack of sweet Valencia oranges
Grimey Drawer

PeaceDiner posted:

The line from that one was "Of all of the things that never happened, this one never happened the most" at around the 31:20 mark after the CFG story.

For the original "nothing didn't happen as much as that" line, I know it was at least before 2014.

I'm semi sure it was the first Tv Tropes episode

PUGGERNAUT
Nov 14, 2013

I AM INCREDIBLY BORING AND SHOULD STOP TALKING ABOUT FOOD IN THE POLITICS THREAD

The Gillman posted:

I'm semi sure it was the first Tv Tropes episode

I remember it as a TV Tropes episode as well because someone had actually added it to the page.

E4C85D38
Feb 7, 2010

Doesn't that thing only
hold six rounds...?

PeaceDiner posted:

This is the one I was thinking of, albeit not accurately described. Thanks.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

E4C85D38 posted:

This is the one I was thinking of, albeit not accurately described. Thanks.

As Amynfl (sp?) would say TOUCHDOWWWWWN

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

AstroWhale posted:

Boots reads donations during Dark Souls 2.

This is a ways back: I'm watching this VOD now, and it's not Boots doing donations, but it's very possibly John Toast.

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

PUGGERNAUT posted:

I remember it as a TV Tropes episode as well because someone had actually added it to the page.

Yes it was the story where the reaction to the kid busting out his sweet kung fu moves was "That kid is inhuman!"

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~

Mulva posted:

Yes it was the story where the reaction to the kid busting out his sweet kung fu moves was "That kid is inhuman!"

Shut. The. Hell. Up.

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
Martial arts studies come in.

AstroWhale
Mar 28, 2009

RyokoTK posted:

This is a ways back: I'm watching this VOD now, and it's not Boots doing donations, but it's very possibly John Toast.

Yes you are right. And I have been listening to this podcast for only three and a half years!

The Comna
May 22, 2012

schtzn
schtzn
t-t-t-t
t-t-t-t
A new magickal episode is here.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

CRICKETS

CRICKETS

CRICKETS

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

The Comna posted:

A new magickal episode is here.

This is a good episode :)

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
Have the Ridiculists ever out-grossed gross content before this?

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

Jackchick's gimmick continues to be my favourite.

Champeenship
Oct 9, 2012
I do like that Lemon completely forgot about using the sexy voice after Jack Chick brought up Prostitute Dismemberment.

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

Champeenship posted:

I do like that Lemon completely forgot about using the sexy voice after Jack Chick brought up Prostitute Dismemberment.
Disfigurement. :awesome:

Ahahahaha I just went to their website and the load screens say "COLLECTING CORPSES..."

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

Why is dismemberment/disfigurement so difficult. I'm pretty sure someone on ballpit made that mistake too.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

It's one syllable in the middle of two four-syllable words that have meanings not super divorced from each other.

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~
Between Imagine Dragons and Sublime, this was a good episode for bad music references.

Alpha3KV
Mar 30, 2011

Quex Chest
I like the convention they have of pronouncing "Magick" with a hard G.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

WHO WANTS TO LICK A RED PANDAS BUTTHOLE UWU

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Champeenship
Oct 9, 2012
New Lou Reads. 30 minutes of dads messing with their kids.

http://loureads.com/2015/08/25/lou-reads-episode-141-tales-of-troll-dads-from-reddit/