Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/nibali-left-abandoned-by-astana-at-vuelta-a-espana/

I somehow get the feeling that Nibali wont be at Astana next year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Withnail
Feb 11, 2004
Didn't Nibali get dropped after he made it back to the peloton?

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Is there any good footage of the actual crash? Because I have a hunch that him blaming Ewan for the crash has as much merit as that time during this year's Tour when he blamed Froome for crashing into him.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Withnail posted:

Didn't Nibali get dropped after he made it back to the peloton?

Yeah he was at least 40 seconds behind Froome + Valverde.

vikingstrike
Sep 23, 2007

whats happening, captain

Smirr posted:

Is there any good footage of the actual crash? Because I have a hunch that him blaming Ewan for the crash has as much merit as that time during this year's Tour when he blamed Froome for crashing into him.

Only footage I saw yesterday was from a helicopter and you couldn't really tell what happened. Just saw everyone start to fall like dominoes.

he1ixx
Aug 23, 2007

still bad at video games

God I hate Nibali. I love watching this thing unfold.

Xir
Jul 31, 2007

I smell fan fiction...
Post/AV combo makin me laugh on that one.

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
Tiralongo quit.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Paddyb posted:

Tiralongo quit.

Not surprising, he looked hosed up.

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
20 stitches, pretty rough.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Smirr posted:

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/caleb-ewan-denies-causing-mass-crash-on-stage-2-of-the-vuelta-a-espaa/

You called it. Ewan was at the back of the peloton and people crashed in front of him.

he1ixx
Aug 23, 2007

still bad at video games

Xir posted:

Post/AV combo makin me laugh on that one.

:) it adds some extra spice.

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

serious gaylord posted:

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/caleb-ewan-denies-causing-mass-crash-on-stage-2-of-the-vuelta-a-espaa/

You called it. Ewan was at the back of the peloton and people crashed in front of him.

He probably got a blue shell

he1ixx
Aug 23, 2007

still bad at video games

Skarsnik posted:

He probably got a blue shell

It so weird for Nibali to talk a bunch of poo poo and be completely wrong about it.

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

I hope he threw a bottle at him too

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Sagan won :eyepop:

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
And cancellara has abandoned after making GBS threads himself to death.

Hawkline
May 30, 2002

¡La Raza!

serious gaylord posted:

And cancellara has abandoned after making GBS threads himself to death.
:( A concussion and broken vertebra to remove him from leTour, now a bad case of the shits to abandon the Vuelta - is he gonna drop from next year's Giro due to malaria?

Xir
Jul 31, 2007

I smell fan fiction...
Has to be really frustrating. Remember his classics campaign came to an abrupt end as well. Hell, I get frustrated when I miss a ride because I overslept and that's entirely my fault.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
This might mean he goes to the tour of britain and i'll get to wave a flag at him though.

Pocket
Aug 27, 2006

I thought if you drop out of a race you are ineligible to race again until it finishes.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Pocket posted:

I thought if you drop out of a race you are ineligible to race again until it finishes.

You can apply for special permission I think? Its happened before for riders that have crashed out.

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
Imagine how many races Bouhanni would win if he weren't always crashing and chasing back all day long.

vikingstrike
Sep 23, 2007

whats happening, captain
Some views of Spain are very scenic. Others not so much. I get a kick out of the Universal Sports guys ripping on the camera feeds from time to time. You'd think if some Spanish tourism board is controlling the feed they would want to cut down on the "here's some miles of brown fields" views.

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Boooo I wanted Sagan to win. Extremely silly last 4 km but kinda entertaining

Pocket
Aug 27, 2006

Paddyb posted:

Imagine how many races Bouhanni would win if he weren't always crashing and chasing back or flexin his sexy quads in the changing room all day long.

:agreed:

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
:captainpop::buttfame:

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty
Sure, why wouldn't you flex for the photographer?

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Ben King crashed today and while he was trying to get his garmin back from the crowd someone tried to ride off with his bike.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

serious gaylord posted:

Ben King crashed today and while he was trying to get his garmin back from the crowd someone tried to ride off with his bike.

Well, one of his team sponsors is gonna be mad.

djssniper
Jan 10, 2003

serious gaylord posted:

Video
https://twitter.com/josselin_riou/status/636191041163522048

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me

serious gaylord posted:

Blue shorts, no shirt, cigarette hanging out of his mouth? I love that guy.

"Lemme help you straighten your bars, amigo"

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Apparently the guy DID manage to steal his Garmin during this

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
It feels like Eurosport have tripled the number of ad breaks for the Vuelta.

Every year I get excited for this race then struggle to be particularly interested when it's actually happening.

Pocket
Aug 27, 2006

OGE boys are crushin it this first week!

Pocket
Aug 27, 2006

I fear Chavez may have gone too early though

Pocket
Aug 27, 2006

Awesome finish.

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
OGE making up for their Tour in a big way

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty

peanut- posted:

It feels like Eurosport have tripled the number of ad breaks for the Vuelta.

Every year I get excited for this race then struggle to be particularly interested when it's actually happening.
Pretty much the same. Can't seem to get excited with no Contador present, although it helps that Sagan's riding it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
I look forward to Valverde finding new and exciting ways to disappoint everyone.