Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Gigi Galli posted:

I think you mean Andow m8

Only because they wouldn't let him put lardo on his shirt.

Didn't stop him from putting it in his mouth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Ape Gone Insane posted:

should be closed before season starts imo

This, keep free transfers anytime but close off permanent right before

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

imo make it so you can only do loans and free transfers during the season, no winter window. would actually give smaller clubs a fighting chance.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

straight up brolic posted:

imo make it so you can only do loans and free transfers during the season, no winter window. would actually give smaller clubs a fighting chance.

There would be a lot of "loan with obligation to buy" if this was the case probably.

Wengy
Feb 6, 2008

Andow loves to eat, and hell, so do I

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Keep transfer window open all year round. Or better, close it just before the final month of football. Panic buys galore.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
That would make a hilarious and expensive arms race before the CL final.

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards
It's how it was until what, 2003?

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
The January transfer window is bad and they should get rid of it.

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

blue footed boobie posted:

This.

Also you should never ever be able to sign emergency keepers. If you were retarded enough not to have back ups then play your youth. Or even better put an outfielder in goal, everyone loves that.

Wengy
Feb 6, 2008

blue footed boobie posted:

Welcome to TRP Arsene

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
No window or a 1 week summer window

Gene Ricman
Aug 14, 2008

Ewar Woowar posted:

Also you should never ever be able to sign emergency keepers. If you were retarded enough not to have back ups then play your youth. Or even better put an outfielder in goal, everyone loves that.

We had to sign Espen Baardsen on an emergency loan because our two back-up keepers got injured (one broke his toe, the other dislocated his kneecap). Then our main keeper, Richard Wright, injured his knee in a pre-match warm up, so we actually had to use Baardsen. We lost 4-3 and he was poo poo. I think that was the last game he ever played and he retired not long after.

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Gene Ricman posted:

We had to sign Espen Baardsen on an emergency loan because our two back-up keepers got injured (one broke his toe, the other dislocated his kneecap). Then our main keeper, Richard Wright, injured his knee in a pre-match warm up, so we actually had to use Baardsen. We lost 4-3 and he was poo poo. I think that was the last game he ever played and he retired not long after.

I know City got to sign an emergency keeper while the window was shut even though they had that Faroe Islands dude. That was some bullshit.

Also I can't remember the team but I know and old as gently caress Neville Southall signed for a team because all their keepers were dead and he was fat and poo poo. Which was kinda sad to see as he was a legitimately great keeper in his day.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

Ewar Woowar posted:

I know City got to sign an emergency keeper while the window was shut even though they had that Faroe Islands dude. That was some bullshit.

Also I can't remember the team but I know and old as gently caress Neville Southall signed for a team because all their keepers were dead and he was fat and poo poo. Which was kinda sad to see as he was a legitimately great keeper in his day.

To be fair it was Marton Fulop

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Tsaedje posted:

To be fair it was Marton Fulop

yeah but he's miles better than getting some U15 keeper in there, which would have owned

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)
Dave Beasant was on the bench for Stevenage in the playoffs last year, aged 56, because their usual reserve keeper, his son, was injured.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Reports that Newcastle bidding for Benik Afobe, any Arsenal fans know much?

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

Bovril Delight posted:

yeah but he's miles better than getting some U15 keeper in there, which would have owned

I think the ideal thing to have done would have been to recall Hart from loan, but I guess if you can get permission to get a half decent keeper in and not have to balls up a season long contract you're going to do it

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)

Bovril Delight posted:

Benik Afobe Facts:
- Scored more goals than any other man last year
- Made Mancchester United look like chumps in the cup while on loan at MK Dons
- Owns
- Is coming to Norwich

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

According to Canal+, Marseille is interested in Alessandro Matri - isn't he unbelievably bad?

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Blue Star Error posted:

Benik Afobe Facts:
- Scored more goals than any other man last year
- Made Mancchester United look like chumps in the cup while on loan at MK Dons
- Owns
- Is coming to Norwich

Sorry mate, Newcastle are hoovering up all the young and promising strikers

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Blue Star Error posted:

Dave Beasant was on the bench for Stevenage in the playoffs last year, aged 56, because their usual reserve keeper, his son, was injured.

This owns.

I wonder how good he'd be at 56?

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Abeid to Panathinaikos on a permanent transfer is a done deal.

http://www.nufc.co.uk/articles/20150821/abeid-joins-panathinaikos_2281670_4948209

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

Jason Sextro posted:

According to Canal+, Marseille is interested in Alessandro Matri - isn't he unbelievably bad?
paging gg to do a sick roast post

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

Jason Sextro posted:

No, it's quite believable.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN

Bovril Delight posted:

He scored all the goals in youth team then didn't do too much on loan I think. Kinda like Jay Emanuel Thomas but not quite as poor temperament. Strong player with pace and ability. Think Wenger always said he could make it as a quality striker. Would love to see him in the prem.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Jason Sextro posted:

He's poo poo but he wasn't a long time ago.

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Gigi Galli posted:

He's poo poo but he wasn't a long time ago.

After looking him up, I'm thinking that if Marseille wanted that kind of goal return (I mean recently) I'm willing to bet Liverpool would take any price for Balotelli.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
Matri's problem has always been that he's really streaky, once he moved up to clubs big enough to put him on the shelf when he went into a bad spell it basically ruined his reputation/career. Even last year he was actually pretty good at Genoa in the first half of last year, but then went on loan to Juve for the 2nd half and barely played (although he scored the goal that won them the Coppa Italia).

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Peter Ramage has signed for Kerala Blasters

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

pik_d posted:

I hope this has nothing to do with Pogba like has been rumored

I'm hearing nothing about Pogba and something about Coman leaving Juventus with Cuadrado coming.

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

Norwich continuing their barrel scraping search for a striker with a £5m bid for Glenn Murray loving hell

Andre Le Fuckface
Oct 4, 2008

:pwm:
lol Murray is a decent striker but 5m ffs

Ape Gone Insane
Dec 10, 2010

BBC reporting West Brom have rejected a transfer request from Berahino

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
Balotelli back to Milan on loan is apparently happening.

Lot 49
Dec 7, 2007

I'll do anything
For my sweet sixteen
Did Milan not spend quite a bit of money on two forwards already this summer?

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Lot 49 posted:

Did Milan not spend quite a bit of money on two forwards already this summer?

Yes, which is why this is stupid.

Well, one of the many reasons.

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Official Manchester United Posting Partner 2015/16
Fan of Britches
Take your anger out on the Liverpool fans imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ape Gone Insane
Dec 10, 2010

• Locked thread