Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

The newest RiffTrax movie is here, and it's ROLLERGATOR

https://www.rifftrax.com/rollergator

quote:

If you scooped a pile of goo out of a backed up gutter, submerged a pair of electrodes into it, fed it a slurry of protein rich nutrients while sending jolts of ever increasing voltages of electricity through until it demonstrated the most basic signs of what could technically be considered life, then immediately handed the pile of goo a video camera, it is impossible that it would make a worse movie thanRollergator.

Why is it so bad? Let’s start with the ultra cliched plot: The talking, purple, almost twelve year old alligator is on the run from the skateboard ninja who is employed by the evil carnival owner. We know, we’ve heard it a million times. But here’s where Rollergatordiffers from all the other talking animals the 90s gave us. Get this: he’s totally in your face. We’re talking x-treme with a capital X, ‘tude with a capital ‘. Does he rap? Please. You may as well ask if Poochie ever hitchhiked to the fireworks factory.

Standing in the way of Rollergator’s goal of endorsing every Blue Razzberry flavored product that 1996 had to offer is Joe Estevez. Joe is the villain, because he merely wants to put Rollergator in a cage, whereas the rest of humanity wants him destroyed in the quickest way possible. Joe thinks people will pay a pretty penny to see Rollergator quip at them. What he doesn’t realize is that nobody will be able to hear Rollergator’s quips because SOME HORRIBLE MUSICIAN IS PLAYING THE SAME AWFUL ACOUSTIC GUITAR RIFF OVER 98% OF THE MOVIE!!!

Shot on video without any fancy pants “microphones” or “lights” or “permits to record here”, Rollergator is truly something to behold. We’re not saying this is the worst movie we’ve ever done here at RiffTrax, but that’s only because we aren’t being asked to do so under penalty of perjury. Please join Mike, Kevin, and Bill for Rollergator.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CrimsonAuthor
Nov 14, 2006
:banjo: :banjo: :banjo: Strum strum strumma-licka strum strum licka :shepicide:

Oil!
Nov 5, 2008

Der's e'rl in dem der hills!

Ham Wrangler

Canned Panda posted:

As soon as I saw Joe Estevez I immediately know it was a Donald G. Jackson/Scott Shaw movie.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Holy poo poo, go watch the sample video. The title character is much much worse than you can picture in your head.

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k
Argh, why must I be out of town this weekend?! I need to watch roller gator immediately!! This trailer looks amazing!!!

Also, the learn discount code is still valid as of this morning in case anyone was wondering.

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

Rollergator also has this: The Rollergator Rap

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vg3s7xV__X8

Xylorjax
Nov 27, 2002

IUG posted:

Holy poo poo, go watch the sample video. The title character is much much worse than you can picture in your head.

Seconded. This one looks like it's going to be incredibad. It's like if Poochie were real.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Wasn't sure what I expected our protagonist would look like, but it wasn't that :pwn:

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

SirPhoebos posted:

Wasn't sure what I expected our protagonist would look like, but it wasn't that :pwn:

I was really loving hoping it was going to be some kind of cyborg aligator B monster movie that I hadn't heard about some how

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Canned Panda posted:

What?

Canned Panda posted:

Rollergator also has this: The Rollergator Rap

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vg3s7xV__X8
WHAT?

What?

Kojiro
Aug 11, 2003

LET'S GET TO THE TOP!
20 minutes into Rollergator and I am both baffled and terrified, who dug this up?

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Kojiro posted:

20 minutes into Rollergator and I am both baffled and terrified, who dug this up?

We delved too greedily, too deep.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Yaay, they shortened the intro cartoon! :neckbeard:

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

SirPhoebos posted:

Yaay, they shortened the intro cartoon! :neckbeard:

Good. I know Happy Harry put a lot of effort into the cartoon and Coulton put...something into the song itself, but we don't need the whole thing every time.

Drastic Actions
Apr 7, 2009

FUCK YOU!
GET PUMPED!
Nap Ghost
20 minutes in and I never want to hear the acoustic guitar again.

EDIT: I can't stand this. This is the dumbest movie I've seen in a long time. It's trying so hard to be funny and wacky, and it's not. The plot is stupid, the characters are stupid, the music is loving annoying and the camera work is making me sick.

Drastic Actions fucked around with this message at 00:40 on Aug 22, 2015

CrimsonAuthor
Nov 14, 2006
"Watch for Roller Gator 2."

Drastic Actions
Apr 7, 2009

FUCK YOU!
GET PUMPED!
Nap Ghost
Although I have to be fair here, this role did prepare Joe Estevez for his role as President of the United States on Decker.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
If I had a $10 gift card what should I spend it on?

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

CrimsonAuthor posted:

Luckily the director is dead so we don't have to worry about that.

Oil!
Nov 5, 2008

Ham Wrangler
None have you have seen a Scott Shaw movie before?

I am so sorry because there are dozens more and they are so much worse without a visionary like Donald G. Jackson directing.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
I think I would rather watch Tommy Wiseau naked and operating a jackhammer than see any more Scott Shaw films.

Oil!
Nov 5, 2008

Ham Wrangler

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

I think I would rather watch Tommy Wiseau naked and operating a jackhammer than see any more Scott Shaw films.

I have https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hsk6vFGzX3I on VHS.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

OK Roller Gator may just be the worst movie they've ever done.

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

RandomPauI posted:

If I had a $10 gift card what should I spend it on?

Rollergator!

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...
Oh dear god, it's shot on shitteo.

Please, no more shitteo films Rifftrax, that way lies madness.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

There is not a :catstare: big enough for this.

Holy poo poo. I don't even know where to begin with this.

Normally I'd say this needs to be riffed, but I feel like the riff would be nothing but stunned, confused silence.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

X-O posted:

OK Roller Gator may just be the worst movie they've ever done.

Mike's response on tumblr to the same statement:

quote:

Look, I’m not gonna be one of those people who disingenuously says, “Look, I’m not gonna lie to you.” and then lies to you. I’m going to tell you the truth: Roller Gator is by far – FAR – the worst movie we’ve ever done.

It is conversely some of the best work Joe Estevez has ever done.

Which should lend credence to my claim that it is the worst movie we’ve ever done.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

Oil! posted:

None have you have seen a Scott Shaw movie before?

No I haven't. Let's punch up Wikipedia and see what he d-

Wikipedia posted:

- Max Hell Frog Warrior (1996)

:dogbutton:

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

Finally got around to watching The Apple...

:psyduck:

Canned Panda fucked around with this message at 21:36 on Aug 23, 2015

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Watching Julie & Jack. Oh god, this movie is somehow so much worse than Birdemic.

"Forget it Jack, it's Chinatown Restaurant!"

I'm dying.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Watching Julie & Jack. Oh god, this movie is somehow so much worse than Birdemic.

I'm dying.

Yeah, it's somehow more and yet less competent at the same time :psypop:

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

I'm dying.

I can't watch Nguyen movies. I fell asleep during Birdemic and lasted maybe a half hour with Julie & Jack.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Mr. Fowl posted:

I can't watch Nguyen movies. I fell asleep during Birdemic and lasted maybe a half hour with Julie & Jack.
Then you missed the big reveal, which was weird as gently caress and turned the movie into some kind of sci-fi/anime thing, which is really not what I saw coming when I started watching it.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Rollergator :dogbutton:

I can't imagine a movie being worse without actually being illegal to make and distribute.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

~ it only takes a minute to lose all my will to live using Roller Gator / Roller Gatoooor / slicing down the road instead of across the street ta ta ta....~

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
I'm kinda drunk and have insomnia, so I'm going to watch Rollergator again to see if it's as bad as my memory tells me it was. May God have mercy on my soul.

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

I started watching Rollergator last night a little after midnight. This was a big mistake. Not watching the riff, just watching it right before I went to bed.

I ended up dreaming that Rollergator 2 was a SyFy original movie about a purple talking gator, out for revenge on the dark ninja. She killed PJ and Slingshot.

It was hosed up.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

I...I can't stop watching Rollergator. Like every time I watch it I notice something else that's bad.

help meeeeeeeeeeeee.....:cry:

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k
After watching roller gator I can now say... my life is complete.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

2DCAT posted:

After watching roller gator I can now say... my life is complete.

I'm sure that film "completed" many lives.

• Locked thread