Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

The suspension keeps giving. :allears:

Unlike the car's

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Astonishing Wang
Nov 3, 2004
How long until you start acknowledging the subtle cues from the universe?

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Considering this was exactly 4 years ago?

I'd say about never.

CroatianAlzheimers
Jun 15, 2009

I can't remember why I'm mad at you...

veedubfreak posted:

What does IROC even stand for?

International Race of Champions.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

A common misconception, it stands for " I Rock."

CroatianAlzheimers
Jun 15, 2009

I can't remember why I'm mad at you...

14 INCH SLIT posted:

A common misconception, it stands for " I Rock."

Well, yeah. That too.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

And therefore IROC-Z means "I rock a Z car," e.g., a Nissan.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

14 INCH SLIT posted:

Forgive me AI for I have sinned. It has been quite some time since my last confession. Alas, but the Camaro pictures were a lie. I hung out with her last few nights, with delivery of the car coming today or tomorrow and all I know is she was pulled over on expired tabs last night and not in today. So I don't know if it's impounded or not.

Oh, for gently caress's sake!

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
Jesus, she makes some real solid choices. Marry her.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Darchangel posted:

Oh, for gently caress's sake!

:siren: CAMARO IS OKAY :siren:

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

kastein posted:

Jesus, she makes some real solid choices. Marry her.

Going to second this. She pretty much already seems like a female version of 14 inch.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

veedubfreak posted:

What does IROC even stand for?

International Race Of Champions. It was a spec invitational with drivers from a pretty wide variety of series.

loving NEW PAGE

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe
Bah, no one went for it. Was hoping for Italian Retard Out Cruising. Curses, foiled again.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
On the plus side I took her to see Fury Road for her first time and my 8th last night, and Northgate theaters had the sound turned up right.

slurry_curry
Nov 26, 2003
<3mini-moni+animu^_^

Go to Cinerama on friday. They are replaying the summer hits and Fury Road is coming back, but only for 3 showings on friday. I saw it there on the first run and it is hands down the best theater to see it in.

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

RAAAAARGH!!!! GIFT CARDS ARE FUCKING RETARDED!!!!

(I need a hug)
Holy poo poo, blue balling.
Remember GTA:SA where you get that cool car in the hills from that woman, only for you to be going all out on robberies and other poo poo to keep her happy? This is your life 14" and I can't believe it.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

Negromancer posted:

Go to Cinerama on friday. They are replaying the summer hits and Fury Road is coming back, but only for 3 showings on friday. I saw it there on the first run and it is hands down the best theater to see it in.

Only 2 more weeks til Bluray release.

slurry_curry
Nov 26, 2003
<3mini-moni+animu^_^

veedubfreak posted:

Only 2 more weeks til Bluray release.

Already pre-ordered it, and if I wasn't busy moving this weekend I would be going to a showing at cinerama. And I just spent way to long watching videos of the game they are releasing the same day. Might have to go pre-order that now as well.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

Negromancer posted:

Already pre-ordered it, and if I wasn't busy moving this weekend I would be going to a showing at cinerama. And I just spent way to long watching videos of the game they are releasing the same day. Might have to go pre-order that now as well.

Basically what i'm saying is DO IT. It's an open world game with customizable muscle cars in a post apocalyptic wasteland made by the dudes who made Just Cause. It's gonna be fuckin' rad.

Otteration
Jan 4, 2014

I CAN'T SAY PRESIDENT DONALD JOHN TRUMP'S NAME BECAUSE HE'S LIKE THAT GUY FROM HARRY POTTER AND I'M AFRAID I'LL SUMMON HIM. DONALD JOHN TRUMP. YOUR FAVORITE PRESIDENT.
OUR 47TH PRESIDENT AFTER THE ONE WHO SHOWERS WITH HIS DAUGHTER DIES
Grimey Drawer

From the link: "North American oval-racing culture"

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

T1g4h posted:

Basically what i'm saying is DO IT. It's an open world game with customizable muscle cars in a post apocalyptic wasteland made by the dudes who made Just Cause. It's gonna be fuckin' rad.

Scabrous Scrotus? Sounds like 14" moves to Aus during the oil wars.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

Raluek posted:

Scabrous Scrotus? Sounds like 14" moves to Aus during the oil wars.

If he doesn't eventually change his name to that at some point I will be very disappointed :v:

Jealous Cow
Apr 4, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
14" SLIT meet 14" CLIT

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Swapped steering boxes on the Gremlin, my friend said he ordered a quick ratio box but i don't know if those are real, it's 2.5 turn lock to lock.

E: also found a new NOS prndl housing.

INCHI DICKARI fucked around with this message at 16:52 on Aug 25, 2015

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

They are a real thing. I'm surprised anybody makes them for a gremlin though. It increases the steering effort required quite a bit though so if its got power steering I'd make sure that's sorted before putting it in.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
Yeah in the 70s 2.5 turns lock to lock would be a fast rack.

Until proper rack and pinion setups having more leverage than that on a rack was probably exclusively the domain of race cars.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

That's what I hated about my '02 Crown Vic, last year of the steering boxes as the '03 went to racks. How the hell does a car made in '02 still have a loving steering box? Made it feel like the barge that it was, the later panthers with racks felt so much better. IIRC they had speed sensitive steering as well.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

1500quidporsche posted:

They are a real thing. I'm surprised anybody makes them for a gremlin though. It increases the steering effort required quite a bit though so if its got power steering I'd make sure that's sorted before putting it in.

Yeah its got power steering, and the new box doesn't turn that much harder. It went from farting on a feather to farting on a kitten amount of resistance.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
I'm guessing people still make them because that looks like the same old triangle-pattern 3 bolt Saginaw steering box that fits 19 trillion vehicles, the only differences being the diameter of the bore, ratio, and pitman arm length + drop.

99% sure that would bolt directly into a 1973 CJ5 or a 2001 XJ, too. Probably not the right ratio or pitman arm but it'd bolt up.

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

Seat Safety Switch posted:

Yeah in the 70s 2.5 turns lock to lock would be a fast rack.

Until proper rack and pinion setups having more leverage than that on a rack was probably exclusively the domain of race cars.

2.5 turns would still be pretty fast even now, I would think

mafoose
Oct 30, 2006

volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and vulvas and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dongs and volvos and dons and volvos and dogs and volvos and cats and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs

leica posted:

That's what I hated about my '02 Crown Vic, last year of the steering boxes as the '03 went to racks. How the hell does a car made in '02 still have a loving steering box? Made it feel like the barge that it was, the later panthers with racks felt so much better. IIRC they had speed sensitive steering as well.

The 540i and M5 had it til 2003. Believe it or not it actually worked really well.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Was getting into my car the other night.

Was.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
You know what you must do

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

Geirskogul posted:

You know what you must do

clam ache
Sep 6, 2009

leica posted:

Tell that to the new jeeps that still use a steering box. I mean I think I was under a 13 grand Cherokee the other day and it had a steering box.

McTinkerson
Jul 5, 2007

Dreaming of Shock Diamonds

Unfortunately, there is no easy way to get R&P steering on something with a solid front axle.

Militant Lesbian
Oct 3, 2002
Welcome to the world of drag-link steering.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
http://bringatrailer.com/listing/1985-maserati-biturbo/

everdave
Nov 14, 2005

Can we come together and crowdfund this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

Holy poo poo that's less than a mile from me!

• Locked thread