Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

Krazee Eyez Killa posted:

Quick question I'm in a yahoo standard league and drafted bell, I have room for a fill in RB for the first 2 weeks should I pick up Alfred Blue, Deangelo Williams, or Tre Mason, those are the best available

Tre Mason is a fantastic pairing with Leveon Bell. Alfred Blue isn't very good, the Steelers O-Line just took a big hit yesterday, and Mason should be a workhorse until Gurley starts seeing significant touches, which may not be til midseason.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Cervixalot posted:

Tre Mason is a fantastic pairing with Leveon Bell. Alfred Blue isn't very good, the Steelers O-Line just took a big hit yesterday, and Mason should be a workhorse until Gurley starts seeing significant touches, which may not be til midseason.

My concern with Gurley and Mason is that by all accounts the Rams look to have a really unpleasant schedule.

The Zack
Jan 1, 2005

Pillbug

Krazee Eyez Killa posted:

Quick question I'm in a yahoo standard league and drafted bell, I have room for a fill in RB for the first 2 weeks should I pick up Alfred Blue, Deangelo Williams, or Tre Mason, those are the best available

I'd go with Williams. He should be serviceable in PIT's offense, then you can drop him after week 2 for the hot WW pickup

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Zombie Tsunami posted:

Tell me more of this "read option"... is it like a screen pass?

It's like that play in the waterboy the coach describes when the qb fakes faking the fake

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Mollymauk posted:

1.8: T.Y. Hilton
(Ind - WR)

The league is my brother and his wife's family they seem to be all theater people.

It didn't take long for the wheels to fall off the theater bus

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

kiimo posted:

My brother talked some poo poo today, saying "I can't believe nobody has done this" and all smug like selected DeVante Parker. It was about two picks later that he realized that that is, in fact, a different person than Devante Adams.

Last night Goontier had a memorable (but completely understandable) mixup between CJ Mosley (LB, BAL) and CJ Mosley (DL, MIA).

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

the_american_dream posted:

Didnt see a team rate thread.

look again

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

Yea i found it and have posted there thanks.

So im reading now that Hillman is considered "1B" to Anderson. I know Kubiak historically hasnt done timeshares, but should I run out and stash Hillman as an Anderson owner? Id probably be dropping Woodhead

Prophecy120
Feb 4, 2003

God Bless the Enclave! God Bless America!
Matthew Berry thinks Davante Adams is now a 5th round value, top 15 WR in 12 team. I was able to pick him up in the 10th so I guess I did good.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Franks Happy Place
Mar 15, 2011

It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the dank of Sapho that thoughts acquire speed, the lips acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion.

Yea i found it and have posted there thanks.

So im reading now that Hillman is considered "1B" to Anderson. I know Kubiak historically hasnt done timeshares, but should I run out and stash Hillman as an Anderson owner? Id probably be dropping Woodhead

I will be aiming to handcuff at least, yeah. But I'm not too worried, Hillman is like Gio Bernard or Ellington, he can't handle that workload. Combined with Kubiak preferring an every down back, I just can't see him using Hillman as anything other than a COP complement.

Amergin
Jan 29, 2013

THE SOUND A WET FART MAKES

Prophecy120 posted:

Matthew Berry thinks Davante Adams is now a 5th round value, top 15 WR in 12 team. I was able to pick him up in the 10th so I guess I did good.

So is the thinking now that Cobb will stay in the slot but still get a slight uptick in targets, Adams will fill Jordy's role and be "the guy" to get most redzone looks, Eddie Lacy will get a slight uptick in receptions and... Jeff Janis? Ty Montgomery? Richard Rodgers? will be the unrosterable 3rd WR/TE out there who will make or break your DFS selections?

So Cobb in the early/mid 2nd, Adams as a value pick somewhere after round 5?

Amergin fucked around with this message at 17:21 on Aug 24, 2015

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Hey Beer, any idea where we should plug in guys like Adams and Funchess now that Jordy and Kelvin are hurt?

I have my 10 team non-ppr draft tonight and I'm wondering how far up to move them. Standard scoring, 2rb, 2wr, 1 flex.

Thanks in advance!

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Prophecy120 posted:

Picked him up in the fifth round of the 20 team league. Checks out.

Zombie Tsunami
Jun 22, 2006

The 1B distinction isn't like a splitting carries thing, it's just who the top backup is.

9News posted:

A development from the past three or four days is what's happened at his top backup spot. Ronnie Hillman has taken some 1B reps ahead of Montee Ball. (Tailback is the one position where the backup works in with the first-team offense. Thus, the 1B distinction).

http://www.9news.com/story/sports/2015/08/09/ronnie-hillman-cj-anderson-montee-ball-denver-broncos/31380583/

That said, Hillman has always looked great but his weakness was in pass protection, which by all accounts he seems to have corrected. He ripped off some solid games last year and is looking amazing in the preseason. If you're looking for a great stash, you could do much worse. I'm high on Woodhead this every year though so I wouldn't drop him unless you want/need a lotto ticket.

Edit: Oh I just saw you're a fellow Anderson owner. Hillman is the one I'm keeping over Ball. I want a share of that backfield.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Zombie Tsunami posted:

http://www.9news.com/story/sports/2015/08/09/ronnie-hillman-cj-anderson-montee-ball-denver-broncos/31380583/

That said, Hillman has always looked great but his weakness was in pass protection, which by all accounts he seems to have corrected. He ripped off some solid games last year and is looking amazing in the preseason. If you're looking for a great stash, you could do much worse. I'm high on Woodhead this every year though so I wouldn't drop him unless you want/need a lotto ticket.

Edit: Oh I just saw you're a fellow Anderson owner. Hillman is the one I'm keeping over Ball. I want a share of that backfield.

I was going to post this exact thing. Get out of my head.

Zypher
Sep 3, 2009

Rutgers

Your 2006
Mythical National
Champions!

RCarr posted:

Hey Beer, any idea where we should plug in guys like Adams and Funchess now that Jordy and Kelvin are hurt?

I have my 10 team non-ppr draft tonight and I'm wondering how far up to move them. Standard scoring, 2rb, 2wr, 1 flex.

Thanks in advance!

Adams is hard to predict. He's been going as high as the 3rd round in some mocks. I'd be hard pressed to draft him before the 5th myself.

Funchess has been going ~7th, 8th rd

Zypher
Sep 3, 2009

Rutgers

Your 2006
Mythical National
Champions!
.. nevermind, covered

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

RCarr posted:

Thanks in advance!

Funchess I'd consider a rookie lottery ticket and wouldn't want to see before guys like Anquan Boldin or Eric Decker. Think of him as a WR1 for a lovely team and where those guys usually go. Adams I would move up to around where Amari Cooper goes. The upside is obviously there and supposedly Rodgers loves him but he was ridiculously inefficient last year.

Meanwhile I'm wondering WTF I'm going to do with Funchess and Adams in my dynasty leagues. Well, aside from laugh.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Meanwhile I'm wondering WTF I'm going to do with Funchess and Adams in my dynasty leagues. Well, aside from laugh.

Hold them both, I think. Even if Adams doesn't do amazingly well, he'll be competent, and this time next year the narrative will be "Jordy is so old and coming off a bad injury, Adams' arrow is pointing way up!" Funchess is similarly poised to see a lot of work, though I think he has a better chance of face planting than Adams. Still, if he shows any spark of potential, it'll be a similar narrative next year as with Adams: "Benjamin has to work to reclaim the top spot after a bad injury and missing so much development time, while Funchess was adapting from playing TE to WR and still managed to put up x yards!" I just don't think there's too much risk holding them now, and a lot of payoff if they perform well.

Ayudo
Mar 30, 2006

Zombie Tsunami posted:

The 1B distinction isn't like a splitting carries thing, it's just who the top backup is.

Any thoughts on Hillman vs. Dunbar as a bench warmer? They seem to have similar stand alone value, and either could see an increased role in case of injury. I own CJ Anderson and Dunbar now, but think grabbing Hillman might be the safer call vs. hoping Dunbar develops into a starting role due to injury. I could also drop Terence Williams (but he got like 8 TDs last year).

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
So who's picking up Jeff Janis?

Zombie Tsunami
Jun 22, 2006

Ayudo posted:

Any thoughts on Hillman vs. Dunbar as a bench warmer? They seem to have similar stand alone value, and either could see an increased role in case of injury. I own CJ Anderson and Dunbar now, but think grabbing Hillman might be the safer call vs. hoping Dunbar develops into a starting role due to injury. I could also drop Terence Williams (but he got like 8 TDs last year).

what's your RB situation like dawg

Ayudo
Mar 30, 2006

Zombie Tsunami posted:

what's your RB situation like dawg

Went ahead and did it, but my RBs are: CJ Anderson, Ingram, Spiller, Tevin Coleman, Bishop Sankey, and (now) Hillman.

edit to add: Looked at Hillman's production last year, and felt like he ran very well when he was healthy. There's always the chance he gets a start mid season due to injury to Anderson and ends up with the Job. Dunbar just hasn't impressed me in preseason and is still third down the depth chart.

Ayudo fucked around with this message at 18:31 on Aug 24, 2015

Zombie Tsunami
Jun 22, 2006

Absolutely the right move.

Franks Happy Place
Mar 15, 2011

It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the dank of Sapho that thoughts acquire speed, the lips acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion.

Zombie Tsunami posted:

Absolutely the right move.

:agreed:

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

MacheteZombie posted:

So who's picking up Jeff Janis?

Drafted Janis in my dynasty league, just added Ty Montgomery as well until we see how the depth chart pans out over the next couple of weeks. Hopefully we don't see an Abberderis resurgence or a Reggie Wayne signing!

Edit: Pats signed Reggie Wayne. Not really interested, he looked like he was out of gas last year, but I guess stranger things have happened.

Quarterroys fucked around with this message at 18:31 on Aug 24, 2015

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Cervixalot posted:

Drafted Janis in my dynasty league, just added Ty Montgomery as well until we see how the depth chart pans out over the next couple of weeks.

I'm tempted to drop Theo Riddick and pick up Jeff Janis, but I have Davante Adams already soo....
I can also drop Charlie Sims, Denard Robinson, or even Jesse James (though I'd like to see him replace Miller in a year or two).

Edit: I also have a feeling that the owner of Jordy is going to go straight for Janis when he can slide Jordy onto his IR.

MacheteZombie fucked around with this message at 18:37 on Aug 24, 2015

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Cervixalot posted:

Drafted Janis in my dynasty league, just added Ty Montgomery as well until we see how the depth chart pans out over the next couple of weeks. Hopefully we don't see an Abberderis resurgence or a Reggie Wayne signing!

Edit: Pats signed Reggie Wayne. Not really interested, he looked like he was out of gas last year, but I guess stranger things have happened.

Bill has a way of intelligently using unwanted players to their specific skillsets. That said, I feel this is more of a depth signing with all the wideout injuries. They need warm bodies to catch balls.

Honore_De_Balzac
Feb 12, 2013

MacheteZombie posted:

I'm tempted to drop Theo Riddick and pick up Jeff Janis, but I have Davante Adams already soo....
I can also drop Charlie Sims, Denard Robinson, or even Jesse James (though I'd like to see him replace Miller in a year or two).

Edit: I also have a feeling that the owner of Jordy is going to go straight for Janis when he can slide Jordy onto his IR.

Your fandom is showing.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Honore_De_Balzac posted:

Your fandom is showing.

He's a clone of Jordy tho?

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

MacheteZombie posted:

He's a clone of Jordy tho?

Who's apparently been nothing but disappointing all camp.

If you already have Adams, why would you want to make things worse by picking up Janis and playing russian roulette with an offense that spreads it around and just lost it's best field stretcher.

Rodgers, Lacy, Cobb (in PPR). those are the steady guys, everything else on that team is a crapshoot.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

LmaoTheKid posted:

Who's apparently been nothing but disappointing all camp.

If you already have Adams, why would you want to make things worse by picking up Janis and playing russian roulette with an offense that spreads it around and just lost it's best field stretcher.

Rodgers, Lacy, Cobb (in PPR). those are the steady guys, everything else on that team is a crapshoot.

I honestly don't have a good reason. It's a combo of being a Packers fan and wanting to block the Jordy owner from acquiring Janis. (our waiver is dire due to the 30 man rosters)

Plus, I'm losing faith in Theo getting much field time this year.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

MacheteZombie posted:

I honestly don't have a good reason. It's a combo of being a Packers fan and wanting to block the Jordy owner from acquiring Janis. (our waiver is dire due to the 30 man rosters)

Let the Jordy owner waste a pick on a guy who's not going to come cloes to his production.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Should I drop Kendall Wright to pick up Reggie Wayne?

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

kiimo posted:

Should I drop Kendall Wright to pick up Reggie Wayne?

Nope

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

:) thank you for the simplest of responses. I thought he was a pipe dream but I guess I should wait to find out if he figured out how to read a playbook.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

kiimo posted:

:) thank you for the simplest of responses. I thought he was a pipe dream but I guess I should wait to find out if he figured out how to read a playbook.

I mean, you were asking whether you should drop a team's WR1 who is a fantasy WR3 or so, for a 37 year old moving to a new team where he'll likely be the fifth or sixth option in the passing game, at beat. I don't know if there is like anyone I would drop for Reggie Wayne, haha.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

You guys remember 9/11? That was Reggie Wayne's rookie year.

Prophecy120
Feb 4, 2003

God Bless the Enclave! God Bless America!
Wayne had 15 games with Andrew Luck and had less than 800 yards with 2 TDs. Hes a year older and moving to a worse team with a worse QB.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
Well, I am in the Commish business now. Yahoo, and we are doing 4 keepers, by round plus 1. I don't see the option, but I assume it will show up after we draft this year in a fresh league?

• Locked thread