Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

metallicaeg posted:

So lame that the extras within the Ultimate edition can't be purchased separately. I want the blue console but that's missing out on that extra game content

isn't it just the fast and furious pack, or is there more? i plan on getting the game for free with all the bestbuy reward certificates i earned buying a laptop

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

metallicaeg
Nov 28, 2005

Evil Red Wings Owner Wario Lemieux Steals Stanley Cup

ethanol posted:

isn't it just the fast and furious pack, or is there more? i plan on getting the game for free with all the bestbuy reward certificates i earned buying a laptop
VIP pack and the season pass. I'm sure they'll be available separately at some point, but as of now they're listed bundle only, and separately I'm sure the VIP pass will be more expensive than what it's actually worth, if FM4 was any indication.

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
The season pass will definitely be available separately, probably around launch time. Expect it to be $40 I imagine, just like the one for FM5. (Though it's ~$20 if you buy the Ultimate Edition)

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

The race car hate in this thread is appalling.

dirtyfrog
Apr 15, 2003

The Fantastic Fapping Frog
Never pre-ordered a digital title on the bone before, do we get pre-loading? My internet is loving abysmally slow, and I will flat out kill myself if I have to sit and watch, what, 40+gb crawling down my Sky "broadband" on release day.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

dirtyfrog posted:

Never pre-ordered a digital title on the bone before, do we get pre-loading? My internet is loving abysmally slow, and I will flat out kill myself if I have to sit and watch, what, 40+gb crawling down my Sky "broadband" on release day.

Pre-orders get to play a week early, so you'll be okay.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

there's going to be a preload put up before it releases

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Only Ultimate Editions pre-loads play a week early.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

Leather Bear posted:

Only Ultimate Editions pre-loads play a week early.

Still grumpy about this.

Minimaul
Mar 8, 2003

I've decided that Long Beach is the New York of this generation. It's going to be absurd with 24 people.

I got to play some FM5 over the weekend for the first time in awhile. Also played some Horizon 2. Pretty excited for 6 to come out. I'm getting the ultimate edition. Even though I have slow and lovely Internet. Hopefully, the download will be available before Labor Day weekend so I can start it before I'm gone for 5 days.

I hope they make the races in 6 a lap or two longer. 2 or 3 just isn't enough to work my way up through the pack of drivatar assholes. I spend the first lap fighting to get ahead that the first place car gains so much more time that I can't even get close to catching up. Usually I can grab 3rd and still get gold... But still. It's gonna be even worse (for me) with 24 cars on track.

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!
I think instead they are giving you the option to turn down the rear end in a top hat level on the drivatars this time. I wouldnt count on more laps. Sadly, I think people want to pass cars, not race them.

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

MattD1zzl3 posted:

I think instead they are giving you the option to turn down the rear end in a top hat level on the drivatars this time. I wouldnt count on more laps. Sadly, I think people want to pass cars, not race them.

It would be nice if racing Drivatars meant something other than "dodging" them.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Turn and the nation of Australia announced some big V8 Supercar tie-in.

http://www.v8supercars.com.au/news/championship/forza-motorsport-6-partnership/

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
24 cars in multiplayer hoppers is going to be nothing short of catastrophic, and it'll be hilarious to watch.

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

Leather Bear posted:

Sweeeeeet, we need to do another V8 Supercars recurring spec, this time with more variety.

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008

Leather Bear posted:

Here's the list of cars, which I'll add to the spreadsheet as well. They also noted that they're having Mark Skaife (retired, V8 Supercars Hall of Fame driver) do voiceover "for the Mount Panorama Circuit" so I dunno what kinda stuff they've got for the specific tracks planned, but that will be new as well.

This brings the car count to 445, including all the pre-order and bonus cars. I wonder if the "450+" includes those, or if that's the number for the base game. I guess we'll see!

code:
2015 Mercedes-Benz #4 Erebus Motorsports E63 AMG V8 Supercar

2015 Holden #22 Holden Racing Team VF Commodore

2015 Mercedes-Benz #9 Erebus Motorsport E63 AMG V8 Supercar

2015 Volvo #33 Wilson Security Racing GRM S60

2015 Holden #97 Tekno Autosports VF Commodore

2015 Holden #1 Red Bull Racing Australia VF Commodore

2015 Holden #14 Freightliner Racing VF Commodore

2015 Ford #5 Pepsi Max Crew PRA Falcon FG X

2015 Nissan #23 Nissan Motorsport Altima

2015 Ford #17 Xbox Racing Ford Falcon FG X

GutBomb posted:

Sweeeeeet, we need to do another V8 Supercars recurring spec, this time with more variety.
Agreed, those cars were really fun.

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
Oh hey, the next batch of cars is already out.

"Forza" posted:

2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX MR
1997 Maserati Ghibli Cup
2011 HSV GTS
1981 Ford #55 Liqui Moly equipe Capri Turbo
1973 Ford XB Falcon GT
2017 Ford F-150 Raptor
2001 Acura Integra Type-R
1971 Lotus Elan Sprint
1992 Lancia Delta HF Integrale EVO
2015 Honda #28 Andretti Autosport IndyCar
2015 Honda #27 Andretti Autosport IndyCar
2015 Chevrolet #1 Team Penske IndyCar
2015 Honda #25 Andretti Autosport IndyCar
1980 Abarth Fiat 131
1993 Nissan Skyline GT-R V-Spec
1982 Lancia 037 Stradale
1986 Lancia Delta S4
2013 Abarth Punto Supersport
2011 Alfa Romeo Giulietta Quadrifoglio Verde
1997 Mitsubishi GTO
1994 Nissan Fairlady Z Version S Twin Turbo
2009 Vauxhall Corsa VXR
2011 Lotus Evora S
2010 Renault Clio RS
2003 Renault Sport Clio V6
1989 Toyota MR2 SC
1986 Alfa Romeo GTV-6
2014 Lexus IS 350 F Sport
1980 Subaru BRAT GL
2015 Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat Battletoads Edition

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008
Subaru Brat ahahahah yeah!

Also that Volvo V8 Supercar looks great.

http://forzamotorsport.net/en-us/news/fm6_forza_garage_week_9

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Ya we've got two race-built Volvos plus the road-going S60. :allears:

HP Artsandcrafts
Oct 3, 2012

1980 Subaru BRAT GL

:vince:

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!
Running out of cars, and still no FC :japan:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xge0HpnCGv8&t=60s

(the brat is a nice consolation prize)

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Who cares, we got a Cosmo and those are cooler and sexier

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

Could it please be 9/15 tomorrow?

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
For scrubs sure.

9/10 krew :respek:

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

I won't be playing the game until prolly the week after it releases because I'm doing real-life car related things with my money instead. Oh well.

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
One thing I'm hopeful for is that the DLC car packs include more new additions to the Forza series instead of updated X360 era cars like F5 and FH2 did. It seems they've exhausted much of their catalog from the previous games already to make up the roster for F6, so ... one could hope.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I can't even tell which ones are 360 era cars. The car models back then we're good enough that it's at least not a Every Gran Turismo Since 4 situation.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
Do you have to pre-order the super duper edition? Or can I just buy it when it comes out, pre-ordering is stupid especially for something thats not even a physical copy.

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!
Its the $100 edition. Its an easier pill for me to swallow becuase i was going to buy all the DLC anyway (which i've done for the last 2 forza games and felt i got my moneys worth)

SmokeyXIII
Apr 19, 2008
Not Stephen Harper in Disguise.

That is simply not true.
Just dropped my $$$ for the Ultimate Edition. At least now if I can ever race with you dudes I'll have the car available! Also VIP is great. Hopefully my forza 6 save doesn't get wiped out like forza 5 and fh2....

WienerDog
Apr 8, 2007
Resident Rocking Dachshund

track day bro! posted:

Do you have to pre-order the super duper edition? Or can I just buy it when it comes out, pre-ordering is stupid especially for something thats not even a physical copy.

You can just wait and buy it, but one of the benefits of the super duper max edition is that you may play the game early. 10th instead of 20th I think? So you should buy it before the 10th.

Otherwise you'll be all :smith: while the thread is all :rice:

SmokeyXIII posted:

Just dropped my $$$ for the Ultimate Edition. At least now if I can ever race with you dudes I'll have the car available! Also VIP is great. Hopefully my forza 6 save doesn't get wiped out like forza 5 and fh2....

Sweet! It'll be good to have you back. I ordered the super duper max edition on the weekend too.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I have enough trouble justifying $60 for a copy of a game.

EvilBlackRailgun
Jan 28, 2007

Waiting on a IRL car to be delivered and had to get the ultimate in order to help pass the time 5 days earlier. That and I buy most of the DLC on the main Forza games and missed Forza 5.

Now that I've done that watch my car show up on the 9th.

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

EvilBlackRailgun posted:

Waiting on a IRL car to be delivered and had to get the ultimate in order to help pass the time 5 days earlier. That and I buy most of the DLC on the main Forza games and missed Forza 5.

What car did you buy?

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

A convertible, no doubt.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

L_Harrison posted:

24 cars in multiplayer hoppers is going to be nothing short of catastrophic, and it'll be hilarious to watch.

24 cars in the rain going into turn 1 on week 1 of release day... no room to drive through the wreck until everyone ghosts.

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012

TheScott2K posted:

I have enough trouble justifying $60 for a copy of a game.

$151.95 AUD

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

EvilBlackRailgun posted:

Are you me? This is literally the exact reason I won't have an Xbox One until a week or two after this game drops.

Jarf
Jun 25, 2006

PLATINUM

GutBomb posted:

What car did you buy?

Gotta be a Mazda MX-5. If not, why not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EvilBlackRailgun
Jan 28, 2007

GutBomb posted:

What car did you buy?

F80 M3 with the 6 speed. Cant loving wait. Not my first M but definitely my first new one!

I'll post photos when its delivered.

• Locked thread