Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What gun are you going to use in this Call of Duty?
The good one that everyone else uses
Another, different gun
View Results

• Locked thread
kenny powerzzz
Jan 20, 2010

wintrrmute posted:

I don't think flak jacket is a requirement, I rarely burn a perk on flak jacket, and I cap points etc. etc. I feel like the last few CODs have lowered explosive / grenade damage. In MW2, sure grenades were redic but nowadays it's not so bad.

I like domination because like others said, it's a little bit more spawn control, and there is an element of strategy / team work beyond "zomg kills" - I also enjoy Hardpoint.

This, and domination also allows you to control certain areas better (or at least it makes more sense to do it) and if the other team wants to play like sissies they get handed a loss.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

IM DAY DAY IRL posted:

you shut your mouth

Only if they give it to the SMG's. :colbert:

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Treyarch just extended the beta to tomorrow. Monday 10 PM PST

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -

Roman posted:

Treyarch just extended the beta to tomorrow. Monday 10 PM PST

kinda had a feeling they'd bump it out a lil but.

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.

Fibby Boy posted:

Only if they give it to the SMG's. :colbert:

I'm going with an overkill build of mano with long barrel, high caliber, stock, and thermal

its not fair

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae
I can't in good faith buy this game on PS4, PSN is the loving worrrrrrst

Inside Out Mom
Jan 9, 2004

Franklin B. Znorps
Dignity, Class, Internet
I dunno, I haven't had much issue with lag. Thing that kills me is that they still don't know how to make the shotgun consistent. I can come in top 3 consistently with the thing, but still have moments where within 10 feet I'll either have a hit marker and have to connect like 3 more times, or nothing at all. Shotgun running is some of the funnest poo poo there is and it seems every version they try to neuter it and make sniping stronger.

Still undecided as to whether I'm going to get this or not. But I like what I saw so far minus the :flaccid: shotguns.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
How does the tracker perk work? I see nothing on the minimap nor on the field.

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -

Unlucky7 posted:

Yeah I couldn't figure it out either do I ditched it. :shrug:

Undead Muppet
Apr 29, 2007

Unlucky7 posted:

It creates a sort of flowing trail that follows a moving person, but i think most people are using Hard Wired now to negate Tracker and Sixth Sense.

Edit:
Does Cold Blooded still hide your red name? Doesn't say so in the description anymore.

Undead Muppet fucked around with this message at 23:10 on Aug 23, 2015

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

Undead Muppet posted:

[quote="Unlucky7" post="449325959"]
[/quote

It creates a sort of flowing trail that follows a moving person, but i think most people are using Hard Wired now to negate Tracker and Sixth Sense.

To go along with this Tracker works only if that person was just in that area. Look at the ground and you'll often see glowing footprints. It's pretty handy once you've gotten used to how it works.

versus
Sep 11, 2001

:iw:
I don't like the M8 nearly as much as the Sheiva after playing with both today. I've got thermal, high caliber, stock long barrel, and rapid fire on it and it shreds heads.

Also, got an ~8400 point dom game on Combine.

versus fucked around with this message at 00:21 on Aug 24, 2015

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

Downloaded, played about 10 rounds of tdm/dom mix. Might be fun if every round wasn't walk walk connection interruption walk see enemy connection interruption shoot shoot no hit markers connection interruption you're dead

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
GOTY

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde
Yeah I don't know what the gently caress is going on with the servers but I just shut it down after every time I would get in a firefight the screen would lock up on my end and the other guy would shoot the equivalent of a mannequin on their end.

versus
Sep 11, 2001

Seems fine to me right now, anyway.

Javes
May 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT APPEARING OFFLINE SO I DON'T HAVE TO TELL FRIENDS THEY'RE NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR MY VIDEO GAME TEAM.
Got the Mothership a handful of times. Dunno if it was due to the lag but it seemed too hard to get kills with, had to put the reticle right on top of an enemy to even get a hitmarker. Splash damage should be increased.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

sba posted:

I pretty much only have a PS+ sub for Destiny at this point. It seems like they hosed up the party chat recently because I hear a ton of noise from people now (that or they are using that awful mic that comes with the PS4).

Gonna play the PC and Xbone betas and see how it goes.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

sba posted:

what ru talking about idiot.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Mill Village posted:

I pretty much only have a PS+ sub for Destiny at this point. It seems like they hosed up the party chat recently because I hear a ton of noise from people now (that or they are using that awful mic that comes with the PS4).

Gonna play the PC and Xbone betas and see how it goes.

if ur hearing lots of noise thats peopel who bought hte ps4 camera and just leave the thing on.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Stux posted:

if ur hearing lots of noise thats peopel who bought hte ps4 camera and just leave the thing on.

Please tell me there's an, "Xbox go home." phrase for it like the Kinect...

orly
Oct 2, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
So I really like the Shieva (SMR/FAL vibes) and the M8A7 (but IMR from AW is better), for obvious reasons.

But what about weapons that maybe are not as good that you find yourself wanting to get good at cause they look/sound so cool?

For me, it's the XR2. Nowhere near as good as the M8, but the thing is just so sweet looking and has a nice clanky sound. It sucked at first, but it's not that bad of a gun. And I don't even have rapid fire unlocked for it.

Also the VMP. The tall-rear end rail design brings back the PDW-57 from blops2 IMO...

Rei_
May 16, 2004

The difference between confinement and rest is a shift in perspective

I love the bow, but holy poo poo the spawns https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k5CLFEaVJoc

TERRIBLE SHITLORD
Oct 20, 2005

MY NIGGA HAVE
YOU TRIED LSD

Rei_ posted:

I love the bow, but holy poo poo the spawns https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k5CLFEaVJoc

I feel like at this point the only way they can fix the spawns is to increase the death timer and make the maps larger but we all know that if the ADHD playerbase have to wait 10 seconds after dying or run more than 10 feet without a firefight they will get bored and go play something else.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

TERRIBLE SHITLORD posted:

I feel like at this point the only way they can fix the spawns is to increase the death timer and make the maps larger but we all know that if the ADHD playerbase have to wait 10 seconds after dying or run more than 10 feet without a firefight they will get bored and go play something else.

Actually there's more to spawns then just that, as BLOPS 2 CTF proved. Hunted is a big map and its pretty easy to spawn camp people.

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

Who's up for some games before the Beta ends ?

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae
the sub machine guns are pretty great, I like the Kuda even though it's the entry sub...I haven't gone negative since i've started using it

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.

versus posted:

I don't like the M8 nearly as much as the Sheiva after playing with both today. I've got thermal, high caliber, stock long barrel, and rapid fire on it and it shreds heads.

Also, got an ~8400 point dom game on Combine.

Macys and I tried the Sheiva the other night and were initially very turned off by the ROF but after unlocking recon sight and some attachments it gets much much better. Between the RAZR and mano I'm very pleased with at least one of the guns in each category (haven't dipped into LMGs yet but from what I've heard they're decent).

Also, RK5 was serving me well as a secondary to Sheiva last night- any 1 on 1 CQB scenarios would usually tip my way if I had any sort of knowledge where the enemy was located prior to entering the room. Could be better with fast hands & exmags but I haven't unlocked those yet :/

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
I like how you can stack multiples of the extra attachment wildcard now. Stuck like 4 attachments onto the pump shotty and went to town on Combine.

versus
Sep 11, 2001

IM DAY DAY IRL posted:

Macys and I tried the Sheiva the other night and were initially very turned off by the ROF but after unlocking recon sight and some attachments it gets much much better. Between the RAZR and mano I'm very pleased with at least one of the guns in each category (haven't dipped into LMGs yet but from what I've heard they're decent).

Also, RK5 was serving me well as a secondary to Sheiva last night- any 1 on 1 CQB scenarios would usually tip my way if I had any sort of knowledge where the enemy was located prior to entering the room. Could be better with fast hands & exmags but I haven't unlocked those yet :/

Thermal is a huge improvement for the Sheiva. Rapid fire doesn't seem like a big improvement at all but it might still worth it. Honestly if I had to give up one of: stock, high caliber, long barrel, rapid fire, I'd probably drop rapid fire. I tried it again without long barrel after using it for a while and it felt like I wasn't getting nearly as many one headshot kills at even mid-range, and dropping stock or high caliber is obviously not happening.

I like how Awareness actually does something in this entry. It's nowhere near MW3 Sitrep Pro/Dead Silence combo, but it still saves me regularly.

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

Now that you've spent a good few hours getting acquainted with the control setup, does movement feel more fluid? I noticed death animations collide with objects and ragdoll and it looks like it could lead to some fun kill cams.
Anyone catch rage mic chatter after downing enemies? I didn't have the audio up too high when watching streams.

versus
Sep 11, 2001

Yeah there are rage mics.

Inside Out Mom
Jan 9, 2004

Franklin B. Znorps
Dignity, Class, Internet

versus posted:

Welp I'm sold.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

versus posted:

"ARE YOU loving KIDDING ME WITH THAT"

all apologies
May 13, 2008

woah
liquiddd where r u bru

Undead Muppet
Apr 29, 2007

Tactical control layout.

Go into the PS4 system menu and swap R1 and X.

Shotgun parkour.

Esk1
Dec 19, 2007

all apologies posted:

liquiddd where r u bru

Woah. look who it is.

Rei_
May 16, 2004

The difference between confinement and rest is a shift in perspective

one thing i can definately say is that the game is balancing the teams based on SPM or stats or something because you will never, EVER wind up shuffled with the other tryhards. The game will always put them on opposing teams.

Javes
May 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT APPEARING OFFLINE SO I DON'T HAVE TO TELL FRIENDS THEY'RE NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR MY VIDEO GAME TEAM.
Vonderhaar is streaming and going to answer questions.

http://www.twitch.tv/DavidVonderhaar

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Rei_ posted:

one thing i can definately say is that the game is balancing the teams based on SPM or stats or something because you will never, EVER wind up shuffled with the other tryhards. The game will always put them on opposing teams.

I've watched streams of really good players, and this isn't always the case. Last night I watched someone get put into a nearly finished game, and the top guy on the opposing/winning team (with like 40 kills or something) was put with the streamer the next game. Unfortunately, he left the lobby after that game so I don't know what the matchmaking would have done after that.

• Locked thread