Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Slate Action posted:

2013. When the wheels fell off in the fourth quarter of the OSU game, they stayed off.

I remember thinking Cal might be turning things around that year because they hung with juggernaut #22 Northwestern for three quarters.

They went on to squeak by FCS Portland State and lost every other game that year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

CharlestheHammer posted:

Northwestern was even really competitive well into the fourth in that game. Then the wheels came off.

kain colter got the first down

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Hahaha, Michigan's two points came because David Briggs has them at #24

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Slate Action posted:

2013. When the wheels fell off in the fourth quarter of the OSU game, they stayed off.

e: here's the box score for that game, just because it's pretty rare that you can pinpoint the exact moment when a season goes to poo poo:

Also all those losses except Wisconsin and Michigan State just were the most bullshit weird poo poo possible, like Michigan won with a last second field goal with a holder sliding into the play and Nebraska was a loving hail mary from a 9th string quarterback named "Ron Kellogg III" it was insane and I hate everyone.

SpiritualDeath
Jul 2, 2009

shaping your brain like pottery

Grittybeard posted:

I remember thinking Cal might be turning things around that year because they hung with juggernaut #22 Northwestern for three quarters.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KoYRmOXGHU0

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Were we just desperate for storylines that year because Cal and loving Syracuse jesus christ

Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches

R.D. Mangles posted:

Nebraska was a loving hail mary from a 9th string quarterback named "Ron Kellogg III" it was insane and I hate everyone.

I was at that game :) Ah, what the heck: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8BHDhGWoJo

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

Were we just desperate for storylines that year because Cal and loving Syracuse jesus christ

Also Maine and a 1-11 WMU squad.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
It's NCAA Week 0 ya'll. FCS #1 North Dakota State at FCS #12 Montana kicks off on Saturday at 4:30 EDT on ESPN. Get hype.

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

Northwestern had gone 10-3 in 2012, including their first bowl win in like 60 years (or maybe ever?). That combined with mostly dominating their early slate of creampuffs led people to speculate that maybe they were good. Early in the year like that, it can be hard to tell.

Also the networks like to pump up the rankings of teams right before they play one of The Chosen Teams like OSU, Alabama, etc. This could also have been a case of that happening.

But yeah, those early teams...Jesus. Georgia Tech was Not Very Good in 2013 but they beat Syracuse 56-0.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.
WVU released some new renders of the upcoming changes to our stadium, they look pretty good.

Pretty excited for the upgrade.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

WVU released some new renders of the upcoming changes to our stadium, they look pretty good.

What a lovely rendering. They didn't even put in people passed out drunk in those bushes.

mayodreams
Jul 4, 2003

Hello darkness,
my old friend

This owns SO hard.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

mayodreams posted:

This owns SO hard.

Goose :(

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Slate Action posted:

The worst part was with that Ohio State game that Ohio State was only up by 3 until literally the last minute of the game.

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx

computer parts posted:

The worst part was with that Ohio State game that Ohio State was only up by 3 until literally the last minute of the game.

OSU covered the spread with zero seconds remaining in the game, yes.

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

"We'll see how the first year goes. But people better get us now, because we're going to keep getting better and better."

:unsmith:

I don't miss Bo Pelini as a coach but I swear his last few seasons were a hilarious roller coaster to watch.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

This is amazing.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

Those do look good. Also I have wondered for years, what's with the big gap between the south end zone and the stands? Were there more stands there at one point?

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Dalvin Cook's trial going on right now. It'll be done in the next couple hours.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

DJExile posted:

Those do look good. Also I have wondered for years, what's with the big gap between the south end zone and the stands? Were there more stands there at one point?

Yeah, I've never gotten that about this stadium.

That...looks weird.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Thoguh posted:

It's NCAA Week 0 ya'll. FCS #1 North Dakota State at FCS #12 Montana kicks off on Saturday at 4:30 EDT on ESPN. Get hype.

Lol if you're watching this poo poo when you could be betting on zero week high school games.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

DJExile posted:

It's so they can carry the goalpost out in one piece after they get the big win over Marshall or whoever

the mean lunch lady
Jun 24, 2009

went mad at sea
lots were drawn
Kroenke didn't survive
he was delicious

Frackie Robinson posted:

Lol if you're watching this poo poo when you could be betting on zero week high school games.

Ummm NDSU owns and Montana is coached by Bob Stitt, so their offense should be pretty cool to watch.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

KKKLIP ART posted:

Its that time guys, UGA had its first arrest of the offseason! But this time it wasn't actually a player, it was one of our GAs that got nabbed for a DUI.

Athens is one of the easiest places in the world to not drive drunk in, and yet.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

computer parts posted:

I'm very excited for this year's Illinois/Northwestern game. Honestly I'd rather have it be played the first week of the year so that I knew which team was utter, total garbage trash vs simply mediocre.

anne frank fanfic
Oct 31, 2005

Frackie Robinson posted:

Some people dont live in the best state ever. Not sure why

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!
Pretty much every report from Michigan's student only live practice has said that Rudock (I CAN LEARN MV) is far and away the better QB than Morris and took every first team rep during the practice.

E: Haha, Morris overthrew a receiver at one point and the ball sailed into the crowd.

Regnevelc fucked around with this message at 17:25 on Aug 24, 2015

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

DJExile posted:

No its the opening to the locker room and team area.

it was originally open ended, but closed fairly quickly, this is what it looked like for the majority of its history

Kidd-Liggit
Sep 6, 2011

You mean I have to go to Philly?

Regnevelc posted:

E: Haha, Morris overthrew a receiver at one point and the ball sailed into the crowd.

That reminds me of the time Morgan Newton overthrew a receiver and it went over the fence and hit a car parked on the street.

good times

Quandary
Jan 29, 2008
Oklahoma just named the starting QB: Baker Mayfield, Tech transfer will be starting over Trevor "2013 sugar bowl" Knight.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

No its the opening to the locker room and team area.

it was originally open ended, but closed fairly quickly, this is what it looked like for the majority of its history

thaaaaaaaaat's right, I knew there was something to it

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

pillsburysoldier posted:

Dalvin Cook's trial going on right now. It'll be done in the next couple hours.

Sounding like he's going to be cleared on this, based on how the testimony is going.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

wandler20 posted:

Sounding like he's going to be cleared on this, based on how the testimony is going.

Yeah its pretty open and shut

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO

Quandary posted:

Oklahoma just named the starting QB: Baker Mayfield, Tech transfer will be starting over Trevor "2013 sugar bowl" Knight.

He's on the path to realizing his dream of getting sacked by Texas 20+ times in his career.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Quandary posted:

Good, Trevor Knight is my mortal enemy, as is the Sugar Bowl itself

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

Quandary posted:

I can't even imagine how bad Knight had to have been for Mayfield to get the nod

buddhanc
Feb 16, 2010

Isn't Oklahoma's offensive line really inexperienced? I'm p sure the longhorn d line is going to murder Mayfield

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Quandary posted:

Wow. I assumed he was going to be a scout team all star and never even sniff the depth chart.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quandary
Jan 29, 2008

Thoguh posted:

Wow. I assumed he was going to be a scout team all star and never even sniff the depth chart.

He most likely would have been, except everyone else that OU could muster up is very very bad. OU not gonna be good this year guys.

• Locked thread