Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dahn
Sep 4, 2004

Louisgod posted:

The only thing I can remotely think he can be referencing are "birth hotels", like you see in California, but he somehow, seemingly without effort, managed to alienate himself AGAIN.

They couldn't be trying to avoid the one-child laws in China. Which they are changing to allow second children in most places. (unless you are a dirty stinking Tibetan, no second child for you)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Nuclearmonkee posted:

Does he seriously think he can win that exchange with what has been displayed so far?
It must be an campaign ad for Very Serious People.
Even Jeb can't think "Sure you think my plan sucks but his plan is impractical!" is a winner with primary voters.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

Pinterest Mom posted:

Jeb! clarifies his anchor babies remark.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a4na13UwOoc

What a clod. I'm glad there's no chance he'll be president.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

pathetic little tramp posted:

Jeb continues to fall down the stairs in slow motion, he's actively attacking Trump now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cbSdfLD7gH8

Lol it's so ineffectual. Various nobodies saying stuff like "A lot of conservative pundits have pointed out that we heard some more specifics from Donald Trump... we don't know how you pay for that. It's really kind of odd, and uh, he didn't agree with Mitt Romney on immigration once?"

Meanwhile Trump's attack is just four seconds of Jeb's mother saying he absolutely shouldn't run.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Zeta Taskforce posted:

He matches W's ability to say dumb stuff without the endearing things like people skills and the ability to tell fart jokes

But what about his shoe dodging abilities? This is one area that Clinton is very weak on.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Nonsense posted:

Actually you're mentally ill if you don't know every Presidential candidate running in 2016.

So the fact that I know that HRM Caesar St. Augustine De Buonaparte is a declared Presidential candidate makes me sane?

Dahbadu
Aug 22, 2004

Reddit has helpfully advised me that I look like a "15 year old fortnite boi"

Jewel Repetition posted:

Lol it's so ineffectual. Various nobodies saying stuff like "A lot of conservative pundits have pointed out that we heard some more specifics from Donald Trump... we don't know how you pay for that. It's really kind of odd, and uh, he didn't agree with Mitt Romney on immigration once?"

Meanwhile Trump's attack is just four seconds of Jeb's mother saying he absolutely shouldn't run.

There's something incredibly satisfying about the National Review crowd realizing their impotence. Not only are they impotent literally but they're also impotent figuratively! :flaccid:

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Willa Rogers posted:

It kind of is the solution, as long as it's accompanied by structural tax reform like taxing hedge funders--especially since both parties are a-ok with the status quo of allowing billionaires to evade the estate tax.

So it's the solution so long as we simultaneously do a bunch of other stuff that constitutes the actual solution.

Vitamin Me
Mar 30, 2007

Zeta Taskforce
Jun 27, 2002

Dahn posted:

They couldn't be trying to avoid the one-child laws in China. Which they are changing to allow second children in most places. (unless you are a dirty stinking Tibetan, no second child for you)

Not to defend Jeb! but there would be much cheaper ways to avoid the one child laws than to fly to a California birth hotel. I'm not even sure how rigidly the current laws are enforced now. China is a big country, I'm sure it varies. A bribe would be cheaper than the tens of thousands of dollars the birth tourism costs. Instead those who are doing this are the elite who think it will be easier for their American citizen children to get into Harvard and Yale.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Dahn posted:

From my understanding of hearing the stories NRP published, it was more about giving birth to a child that was conceived out of wedlock, was unexpected, a girl and therefore a blight on a family's nobility, to acquire USA medical attention, reasons like those. I don't think it was to escape the "one child" law. Either way, Jeb! didn't bother to expand on his dumbass comment.

Feather
Mar 1, 2003
Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please.

:psyduck:

Is that a gimmick Jeb! Twitter account? WTF is going on there.

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

THE DARK SIDE OF SCIENCE BREEDS A WEAPON OF WAR

Buglord

AARP LARPer fucked around with this message at 03:57 on Jan 22, 2016

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Veskit posted:

How would runaway deflation happen in china? That would be an insane blessing for the government because they could just print more money to counteract it and poor it back into the economy? Doesn't china want major deflation so they could increase their currency?

That's why it's a "if china fucks up" scenario. It'd take a pretty long and sustained fuckup for runaway deflation to occur, because they would be able to just do what we did - open the interest rate taps at the fed and then run QE pipelines into lender vaults so they would lend more freely. They have already devalued their currency to help keep those exports going, so they clearly have a plan to fight deflation with inflation.

Because more of China's economy is based on exports (23ish vs 19ish pct) they are probably cannibalizing the import sector to keep the exports lucrative. If they were OK with letting deflation happen, then yeah we'd have problems in the US since it would make their stuff more expensive, e.g. raising prices at Walmart and making labor costs on the iphone go up.

Bryter
Nov 6, 2011

but since we are small we may-
uh, we may be the losers

Joementum posted:

So the fact that I know that HRM Caesar St. Augustine De Buonaparte is a declared Presidential candidate makes me sane?

http://sfist.com/2015/06/09/the_2016_presidential_race_has_its.php posted:

Have you heard about His Royal Majesty Caesar Saint Augustine de Buonaparte Emperor of the United States of Turtle Island? Well he's a Malibu resident who's been officially running for President in every election cycle since 1996, and much like famed SF kook Emperor Joshua Norton, he declared himself Emperor — he wrote a letter to President Clinton declaring war on the United States, and when no one responded, he said, that was akin to conceding defeat, and he became emperor.
Oh my god someone forward this strategy to Trump asap.

Vitamin Me
Mar 30, 2007

Feather posted:

its a joke / fake, but it's funny it's not being directly recognized as such...which shows the trouble Jeb is in I guess

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 215 days!
We're reliving Dubya, Gore, and Kerry except they're all one dude named Jeb.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
Via the Draft Biden shop.

They also have koozies with the same design.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Pinterest Mom posted:

Jeb! clarifies his anchor babies remark.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a4na13UwOoc

Everything about this is funny. But the funniest part, for me, is that "I support the 14th Amendment" is a bold and controversial stance in the Republican primary in TYOOL 2015.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Jeb! is going to be on Colbert's first show.

Drastic Actions
Apr 7, 2009

FUCK YOU!
GET PUMPED!
Nap Ghost

Joementum posted:

Jeb! is going to be on Colbert's first show.

Watching Jeb! go down in flames is something I would be talking about 20 years from now, yes.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
If you've ever played soccer with Rand, you know how unbelievably fleet-footed he can be.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Scott Walker will not be intimidated by one random dude with a sign at the Iowa State Fair.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vLhJ0sEdFmA

Scott Forstall
Aug 16, 2003

MMM THAT FAUX LEATHER

The [1/63] is the best part

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

Buglord

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Joementum posted:

Scott Walker will not be intimidated by one random dude with a sign at the Iowa State Fair.

Did he just say "I will fight for Washington"?! :psyduck:

Oil!
Nov 5, 2008

Der's e'rl in dem der hills!

Ham Wrangler

Feather posted:

You can edit tweets by hitting "Inspect Element" and manually changing the information in it to take screenshots.

Edit: For example, I took

https://twitter.com/BernieSanders/status/635946702617227264

and made it into. You can change anything in the tweet including the pictures of people that retweet or favorite.

Oil! fucked around with this message at 23:56 on Aug 24, 2015

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Rick Perry's Iowa chairman has quit.

*sad trombone*

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Joementum posted:

They actually posted this a day or two ago but with the regular policy of disabled comments. I messaged them and said they were chickenshit and clearly are intimidated by other people's voices and ideas. I must not have been alone because now comments are enabled.

Do Not Resuscitate posted:

Let's give the guy a break while he's off performing free eye surgeries for charity.

Because the Donald gives him the money.

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

Let's give the guy a break while he's off performing free eye surgeries for charity.

Nah.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
:spooky: A woman says she found Donald Trump face in her tub of butter. :spooky:

Bryter
Nov 6, 2011

but since we are small we may-
uh, we may be the losers

He is a millionaire senator who wants to cut all foreign aid. Performing eye surgery for free every so often does not make him Mahatma loving Gandhi.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Actually, Joe Biden has already been elected President.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Via Trump's press guy.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Bryter posted:

He is a millionaire senator who wants to cut all foreign aid. Performing eye surgery for free every so often does not make him Mahatma loving Gandhi.

More like Mother Teresa. He, too, believes that it is good for the poor to suffer.

Deep Hurting
Jan 19, 2006

Joementum posted:

Actually, Joe Biden has already been elected President.

JOE BIDEN rear end

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

Buglord
d:

CheesyDog
Jul 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I can't believe how spot-on Trump's graphic design is with the kook email/Facebook post look. It's the only big campaign material I've ever seen that has that authentic right-wing feel to it. "Jeb!" doesn't compare to a detail like his website being "DonaldJTrump.com".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

Joementum posted:

lol, video has been up for 4 hours, only has 96 views and no comments (other than the one I just made).

We'll see how long my comment lasts before they're disabled like all of his other vids.

• Locked thread