Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ljtrigirl
Aug 13, 2015

I am the Cheese! I am the best character on the show! I am better than both the Salami and the Bologna combined!
Not sure if anyone has mentioned it here yet, but there's a huge multi-community game running in a few weeks! It's a Disney themed mashup game for 80+ people.

http://www.mafiauniverse.net/threads/313-8-31-The-Disney-Game-%28Official-80-Player-Launch-Game%29

At least 15+ communities are represented from what I've seen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

ljtrigirl posted:

Not sure if anyone has mentioned it here yet, but there's a huge multi-community game running in a few weeks! It's a Disney themed mashup game for 80+ people.

http://www.mafiauniverse.net/threads/313-8-31-The-Disney-Game-%28Official-80-Player-Launch-Game%29

Lynch mechanics: Deadline lynch (person with most votes is lynched at deadline), random.org decides ties, no lynch is a valid vote

:stonk:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

ljtrigirl posted:

Keane, we have found your calling

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I prefer white rice, I also like the Beijing beef.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
I only play in games that are 200+ players no thanks ltjgirl

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer

ljtrigirl posted:

Why run a game with that many? Seems like until you get to like 25 players there's just going to be a whole ton of randomness

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
You know how, when a third world dictatorship switches to democracy, the first election is always really messed up? Like, there are soldiers literally barricading people in their homes, while others drag them to the polling place and make them vote at gunpoint; entire boxes of ballots are clearly forged but still counted without flinching; and, so long as the election passes by with only a few people dying, observers say it was a triumph?

That's kind of what mafia is like on most other forums.

"SA forums are the worst form of mafia, except for all those others." - soru

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer
Best pickup line I could come up with off the top of my head:

"Are you Irish? Cause Irish you'd go out for drinks with me"

Now you.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Magnus Gallant posted:

Now you.

I'm just very attractive.

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer

CCKeane posted:

I'm just very attractive.

So you just tell women that? I don't see that working very well

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
snip

EccoRaven fucked around with this message at 10:15 on Mar 27, 2020

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer
Hi my names keane, I play dodgeball and I'm very attractive.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_qpAMudP4Js

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Magnus Gallant posted:

So you just tell women that? I don't see that working very well

I also flex a little.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

ljtrigirl posted:

Thingyman invited me to this but playing an 80 player 12 hour day game seems like the worst form of punishment

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
I don't use pickup lines, I just look a beautiful woman in the eyes , raise one eyebrow and point suggestively at my genitals.

It seems to work well.

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

you can't take the sky from me

Magnus Gallant posted:

Now you.

My two favorites:

"Nice shoes. Wanna start a meaningful relationship?"

Or

"Hey, wanna go halfsies on a bastard?"

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

you can't take the sky from me
Chinese food is awesome and I miss it terribly. I am making a late lunch/early dinner right now -- quinoa mac with veggie hash. It's been my food obsession for months.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
I have a place that delivers chinese to my apartment and it doesn't suck.

I try to get a different thing each time I order from there but my girlfriend refuses to get anything but fried scallops, french fries, and fried dumplings in garlic sauce.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

EccoRaven posted:

You know how, when a third world dictatorship switches to democracy, the first election is always really messed up? Like, there are soldiers literally barricading people in their homes, while others drag them to the polling place and make them vote at gunpoint; entire boxes of ballots are clearly forged but still counted without flinching; and, so long as the election passes by with only a few people dying, observers say it was a triumph?

That's kind of what mafia is like on most other forums.

"SA forums are the worst form of mafia, except for all those others." - soru

~ongoing game discussion~

being thrown into a game with people from different forums and different play styles and different ideas on meta is weird and disorienting and fun

~ongoing game discussion~

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Hey Ernie, a while back you offered me a game via Steam called Brothers- A Tale of Two Sons. I couldn't take it since I own a Mac, but circumstances allowed me to finally play through it. It was a terrific game with a nice story and a whole lot of fun. So thanks for that gift I never used, it was very well thought out.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Yay another person who played that game.

I love that game so much.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this
Brothers rocks. It really stuck the landing imo.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Yeah I like a story with integrity. And great gameplay and even better level design. The Giant Battlefield holy poo poo. Every time something new came up I was saying "This is SO cool." and my partner was very confused until she too saw it and agreed that it's pretty drat cool.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I really loved everything about it.

It's a small personal story but you really get a sense of this incredible world that it takes place in. And the control gimmick actually becomes part of the story, which I found wonderful and touching. It does a fantastic job of characterization with no dialogue too.

Also it's straight up fun to play. The puzzles and platforming require some effort and you'll fail a few times but not so many times that you'll get frustrated. They really nailed the difficulty curve.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
I prefer the difficulty of my platformers to be somewhere between Super Meat Boy & I Wanna Be The Guy

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

I think the Mario Galaxy games nailed the line between platforming difficulty and fun perfectly. I hear the newer Super Mario 3D Land/World managed the same thing, so I may pick up the DS game.

When it's too hard I just find it frustrating to the point that accomplishment is more Pyrrhic than anything else.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Hey Ernie, a while back you offered me a game via Steam called Brothers- A Tale of Two Sons. I couldn't take it since I own a Mac, but circumstances allowed me to finally play through it. It was a terrific game with a nice story and a whole lot of fun. So thanks for that gift I never used, it was very well thought out.

Brothers is my favorite game ever. :3: I hope you played it with a controller!

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Ernie. posted:

Brothers is my favorite game ever. :3: I hope you played it with a controller!

Absolutely. My brother-in-law, prior to going on holiday for about 2 weeks to Iceland, had lived with us for about 10 days due to construction on his train line that would make going to work for him absolute hell. So he left his laptop (with his steam account) at our flat giving me the chance to play a bunch of games I don't own or can't own because of my Mac. It was pretty great. I also beat Shovel Knight, which is a gem through and through, and decided that I need to buy Crypt of the Necrodancer since it's crazy good.

ljtrigirl
Aug 13, 2015

I am the Cheese! I am the best character on the show! I am better than both the Salami and the Bologna combined!

Magnus Gallant posted:

Why run a game with that many? Seems like until you get to like 25 players there's just going to be a whole ton of randomness

No clue. The only massive game I've played before was either staggard entry or multivillage, so we'll see how it goes.

ljtrigirl
Aug 13, 2015

Magnus Gallant posted:

Now you.

My favorite will always be "I wish I was a DNA helicase so I could unzip your jeans."

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Magnus Gallant posted:

The only way I'd see it being fun is if it's just some chatroom game that only lasts 3 hours total.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

100YrsofAttitude posted:

I think the Mario Galaxy games nailed the line between platforming difficulty and fun perfectly. I hear the newer Super Mario 3D Land/World managed the same thing, so I may pick up the DS game.

When it's too hard I just find it frustrating to the point that accomplishment is more Pyrrhic than anything else.

Yeah I'd suggest Super Mario 3D Land for 3DS but don't get a Wii U unless you really want to play Splatoon or Pikmin 3 or something.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

BottleKnight posted:

Yeah I'd suggest Super Mario 3D Land for 3DS but don't get a Wii U unless you really want to play Splatoon or Pikmin 3 or something.

I do want to play both of those, and Smash and the WW HD, but I don't even own a TV so the money I have to put down for the whole process is way too much.

derp
Jan 21, 2010

when i get up all i want to do is go to bed again

Lipstick Apathy
i need a replacement for my small 10 person awesome game of good times. PM ME PLS

derp
Jan 21, 2010

when i get up all i want to do is go to bed again

Lipstick Apathy
wow i think this is the longest ive ever seen this thread go with out a post

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
space

butt

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Ecco how was your hike?

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Hey jerks join my game and post about how you're joining my game.

I think it has a very cool and fun setup.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
i'm seriously burned out on role madness games and i think they are Bad.

but i'm sure yours is really great and all Asssssna!