Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

Annointed posted:

I'd watch an SoL anime where people kill off zombies as a routine thing in full body gear and equipment. The down time is them joking around and having fun when everyone else is rebuilding infrastructure.

Isn't that Highschool of the Dead?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

An anime about being trapped in a moba

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

T.G. Xarbala posted:

It's gonna happen sooner than later.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Sharkopath posted:

It's gonna happen sooner than later.

I'll watch it, and then you'd be sad because you'd have to kill me.

But I'd understand. It's for my own good.

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!

Mordaedil posted:

Isn't that Highschool of the Dead?

I don't think there's any infrastructure building in that one, is there?

I'd be interested in knowing the name though.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Srice posted:

I'll watch it, and then you'd be sad because you'd have to kill me.

But I'd understand. It's for my own good.

My friends got me playing Heroes Of The Storm but don't tell anybody, it's a secret.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Sharkopath posted:

My friends got me playing Heroes Of The Storm but don't tell anybody, it's a secret.

*Makes zipping motion on mouth*

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

T.G. Xarbala posted:

IIRC PW sponsored a bunch of DotA manga. :frog:

Fat_Cow
Dec 12, 2009

Every time I yank a jawbone from a skull and ram it into an eyesocket, I know I'm building a better future.

Soon

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe

I'm very sad that that's next episode, I want it now :(

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010
I'm so excited.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
So what is the verdict, did she deserve it or is it awful to hug women to death?

darkgray
Dec 20, 2005

My best pose facing the morning sun!
I don't suppose I could ask you people to hold on the novel spoilers until anime viewers actually get a chance to form their own opinions?

Diabetes Forecast
Aug 13, 2008

Droopy Only

Sephiroth_IRA posted:

.hack//sign would've been great if it had just been about Sora "illegally" pking everyone.

gently caress you guys .Hack//Sign was rad.

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Colon Semicolon posted:

gently caress you guys .Hack//Sign was rad.

This. It was fun if slow.

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010
.hack//sign was alright. It's just not something I'd enjoy seeing a second time.

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe

Mordaedil posted:

So what is the verdict, did she deserve it or is it awful to hug women to death?

How far into the novels have you read? Her body goes missing almost immediately after, and it's implied that she's been brought back as zombie later on.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
.hack is like the war and peace of the "halp i'm traaped in the cpomuter" genre.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya
.hack has a superb soundtrack that it misuses horribly.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Mordaedil posted:

The Lord tests the righteous, but his soul hates the wicked and the one who loves violence.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Beloved, never avenge yourselves, but leave it to the wrath of God, for it is written, ”Vengeance is mine, I will repay, says the Lord.”

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

I think your lord is more pissed that you're all blatantly spoiling the fight!

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

You have heard that it was said, ’An eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth.’ But I say to you, Do not resist the one who is evil. But if anyone slaps you on the right cheek, turn to him the other also.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

It's all pretty straightforward.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Neo Helbeast posted:

How far into the novels have you read? Her body goes missing almost immediately after, and it's implied that she's been brought back as zombie later on.

Actually it's implied that she has been fully resurrected. (Resurrection magic exists in this universe after all.) Supporting this is the fact that she straight up survived in the Web Novel. She realized she could not win and escaped.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

If Overlord ends with everything Momonga worked for and tried to keep together being destroyed by a physical manifestation of the wrath of god summoned by the lamentations of all Nazrick's victims rising up to the Lord's throne it would be a dope ending.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
And people got mad at me for saying the tone kinda changes. Yeesh.

But yeah save the specifics; the people just watching the show deserve the enjoyment.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ht7mxF9XZiA

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Instead it's probably going to end with him conquering everything, never having been tried along the way very seriously.

Chalupa Picada
Jan 13, 2009

Sharkopath posted:

If Overlord ends with everything Momonga worked for and tried to keep together being destroyed by a physical manifestation of the wrath of god summoned by the lamentations of all Nazrick's victims rising up to the Lord's throne it would be a dope ending.

But Momonga is p much god in this setting, he's the one spreading god's wrath

tbh he's pretty old testament god anyway

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Yasser Arafatwa posted:

But Momonga is p much god in this setting, he's the one spreading god's wrath

tbh he's pretty old testament god anyway

I'll pray for you.

Pharohman777
Jan 14, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
One big thing you should take away from watching this episode is Momonga's default response to having to find an item a killer took from a corpse.
In Yggdrasil, you dropped a random piece of equipment on death, so the tactic Momonga uses is valid. Momonga is teaching Naberel how to do basic PK scrying, and the defenses needed. The issue is, that Momonga is using the default version... which assumes that his opponents are level 100 as well, and have the spells that require all those scrolls to counter, so he is wasting scrolls.

Stuff not covered in the anime:
“Too modest. Although in the eyes of Ainz-sama, those Ogres were nothing more than insects, but Ainz-sama’s sword skills were at another level, truly admirable.”

Below him, the Virtuous King of the Forest shook strangely, but Ainz paid it no mind, towards Narberal he said:

“... It was just playing around with brute force.”

It sounded like he said that to make himself sound cool, but that was not so. When he saw Gazef fight, Ainz saw his smooth moves, but when Ainz thought back about his own movements, he felt like he was a child wildly flailing around his sword, how unsightly. Their praise was only directed to the destructive power brought about by his arm. It was completely different from the praise to a true warrior like Gazef.

“Moving around like a true warrior is actually really difficult.”

“... Then how about using magic to turn into a warrior?”

While wearing armor, he was still able to use around five different types of magic, one of those was the ability to convert his Magic Caster levels to Warrior levels. Meaning that if Ainz used that magic, he could temporarily turn into a level one-hundred warrior.

Although the advantage was being able to use certain equipment of the other job, the disadvantages are also big. Firstly, during that time he would be unable to use any magic, and once he turned into a warrior he wouldn’t have any special skills. His recalculated stats would also be very low for a warrior. Simply said, he would be a half-baked level one-hundred warrior. It would be another story if both he and a High Priest fought using only swords, but for him to go against another warrior of the same job, there was no chance of winning.

The scene with the scrolls plays out a bit differently:

“This is a scroll of 「Locate Item」. You know what the target is right?”

“Understood.”

Narberal who acknowledged opened the scroll. When she was about to activate the spell, Ainz grabbed her hand and lectured the surprised Narberal coldly:

“... Stupid.”

The cold scolding made Narberal’s shoulder tremble:

“I, I’m sorry!”

“When using information gathering spells, you need to be prepared for counter spells of the enemy before casting it, this is the ironclad rule. Keeping in mind that the opponent might use 「Detect Location」, the basics of the basics would be using 「False Information」 and 「Anti Detection」 to protect yourself. Also──”

Ainz prepared 10 scrolls, and explained each one to Narberal like a teacher.

When using information collecting spells, you had to make the necessary precautions. Those were the basics.

When Ainz Ooal Gown PKed, they would collect every information available about the opposition and settle it in one sneak attack. This was the ‘the battle is concluded before it even started’ dogma of the guild member Punitto Moe, who came up with the basic strategy for the guild, ‘PK can be performed by anyone easily’.

That’s why Ainz taught Narberal the basics too, so when they encounter other players in the future, they could gain the upper hand in battle.

“——That’s all. Normally a special ability should be used to strengthen it as well for insurance, but there shouldn’t be a need to go that far for the enemy this time. If they had thought of more ways to deal with Magic Casters, they wouldn’t had cast that level of spell on the corpse. Well then, let’s begin Narberal.”

On why walls and guards are around a graveyard:
A quarter of Re-Lantier's city walls was used to surround an enormous area, which took up half of the city's western district. That was the public cemetery of Re-Lantier. There were cemeteries in other cities too, but not one of such a scale.

That was in order to suppress the rising undead.

There were still many unknowns regarding why the undead rose, but unclean things tend to sprout from places where the living meet their end. The probability of the undead rising was higher for those who were killed and those who were not mourned. Hence, it was common to find undead in places like battlefield and ruins.

Re-Lantier, which were situated near the Empire’s battlefield, needed a gigantic cemetery to prevent the undead from rising——a place for people to pay tribute to the dead.

For this part, it was the same for the neighboring nation——the Empire. They also had an agreement to pay tribute to the dead during the war. Even though they were fighting each other, they still see the undead that assault the living as a common enemy.

Apart from that, the undead posed another problem. If you left them alone, they might produce stronger undead. That’s why the adventurers and guards will patrol the cemetery every night and destroy the undead while they were still weak.

The cemetery was surrounded by a wall, and this wall was the line separating the living from the dead. The 4 meter high walls couldn’t compare to a siege wall, but it was enough for people to walk on top of it. The gate was secured and sturdy, it definitely was not easy to break down.

This was all done to guard against the undead that rose in the cemetery.

Why the undead were making that corridor during the scene with hamsuke being carried:
The low tier undead who lacked intelligence didn’t show hostility towards Ainz. They were sensitive to ‘life’, so they sensed that Ainz was from their own kind.

But they couldn’t let go of the ‘life’ of the Virtuous King of the Forest that appeared later. This dragged Ainz into this chaotic battle. Narberal lifted the Virtuous King of the Forest with her flying spell so that the undead couldn’t touch and hurt it.

When Ainz took a step forward, the undead would take a step back. Their distance remained the same in this encirclement.

The encirclement with Ainz in the center moved according to Ainz’s pace. The undead seemed to be searching for an opportunity to attack, but anyone who will step forward would be destroyed by Ainz with one hit. So the undead simply encircled Ainz, not daring to engage.

In the light novel later, Momonga makes a point of telling Demiurge to find the magical materials needed to make new scrolls, and if any equivalents can be found in this new world. Demiurge has a 'creative' method of getting new parchment used for scrolls, involving the prisoners from the attack on the town and healing spells.

Verizian
Dec 18, 2004
The spiky one.
Was it explained in the LN that Ninya was Tsuare's sister? I didn't catch that at all because there's two whole volumes in between.

If they bring Clementine back that's going to lead to an interesting twist with Tsuare as the first human inhabitant of Nazarick. <- LN speculation based on spoilers.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Verizian posted:

Was it explained in the LN that Ninya was Tsuare's sister? I didn't catch that at all because there's two whole volumes in between.

If they bring Clementine back that's going to lead to an interesting twist with Tsuare as the first human inhabitant of Nazarick. <- LN speculation based on spoilers.

I don't think anyone cares enough about her to tell her.

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

Yuuki Aoi seems to have a lot of fun with her role

FriggenJ
Oct 23, 2000
Whelp, unless this is two cour we're likely only to get to LN V3 Spoiler the Shaltear fight which is a shame.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
Poor Ninya...tortured to death and never going to save her sister.

Come on Momonga, you've still got that Wand of Resurrection...

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

Neo Helbeast posted:

As far as Skythewood has translated poo poo, but I'd rather we not talk about poo poo thirdteen chapters down the line, Jesus Christ guys.

I don't even know what spoiler tags it is safe for ME to read.

GloomMouse
Mar 6, 2007

Sharkopath posted:

Instead it's probably going to end with him conquering everything, never having been tried along the way very seriously.

Good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

I like underdogs.

• Locked thread