Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ShimSham
May 25, 2007

I heard you
like how I sack.

Unmature posted:

Oh and I had a sweetass figure of metal arm/robot eye/white bandana Spidey from that one 90s story. I think it was an Erik Larsen issue. I actually had the issue too.

I had it too. It was Larsen.

Loved that series of comics as a kid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ass Catchcum
Dec 21, 2008
I REALLY NEED TO SHUT THE FUCK UP FOREVER.
I had that issue too

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
I had that toy. Cyborg Spiderman was always lending that giant cyborg arm shoulder thing to other toys, so they could fight on an equal cyborg level.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

I still have that figure and his pin in a box in my closet, :nostalgia:

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin
You know I'd love a modern version of that figure. The Revenge of the Sinister Six arc was awesome. I loved crazy Larson Spider-Man stories.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

Djarum posted:

You know I'd love a modern version of that figure. The Revenge of the Sinister Six arc was awesome. I loved crazy Larson Spider-Man stories.

/Spidey gets his rear end handed to him by 90s version of The Sinister Six with big guns
/gets ridiculous cybernetic implants to help heal faster
/gets home, trips on roller skate
Mary Jane: "BTW, I'm doing a nude scene in a Schwarzenegger movie."
Spider-Man: :facepalm:

Unmature
May 9, 2008

Red posted:

/Spidey gets his rear end handed to him by 90s version of The Sinister Six with big guns
/gets ridiculous cybernetic implants to help heal faster
/gets home, trips on roller skate
Mary Jane: "BTW, I'm doing a nude scene in a Schwarzenegger movie."
Spider-Man: :facepalm:

Ahaha oh yeah, that nude scene was a HUGE deal for several issues. It seemed like they were gonna break up over it. Like MJ had to choose between her career and Peter.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Unmature posted:

Ahaha oh yeah, that nude scene was a HUGE deal for several issues. It seemed like they were gonna break up over it. Like MJ had to choose between her career and Peter.

Because 90's Peter was an insecure piece of poo poo, look how mopey he got when he found out he'd been cloned and he might not be the real Spider-Man a bloo bloo bloo Peter

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

ShimSham posted:

I had it too. It was Larsen.

Loved that series of comics as a kid.
I've still got that figure in a box somewhere, haha.

That Spidey is also a Spider-Man you can acquire in the Spider-Man Unlimited mobile game, so he's still getting some love even in the present day.

Havoc904
Jul 29, 2006

A school festival is a festival that takes place at our school!

The Rage posted:

Because 90's Peter was an insecure piece of poo poo, look how mopey he got when he found out he'd been cloned and he might not be the real Spider-Man a bloo bloo bloo Peter

I remember pretty much every Spiderman issue in the early 90s either starting or ending (or both) with Mary Jane in some kind of lingerie or skimpy dress getting into an argument with Peter over something. Whether it was the nude scene, her smoking (which seemed to go on forever) or just the general "I'm tired and worried about you being Spiderman"; it seemed to be always there.

Back to the figures though, that Spiderman TAS line had some pretty great figures at the time. Plus the Daily Bugle playset was pretty great, the best part being the big plastic dumpster. I remember really wanting the stackable Spider Slayer robot figure they made though.

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

Havoc904 posted:

I remember really wanting the stackable Spider Slayer robot figure they made though.

I had that figure and it was amazing. You got three awesome figures in one and they combined into a mega-death-slayer. More than once, Spider-Man rode it into battle against both Voltron and the Megazord.

TouchToneDialing
Jul 21, 2006

I just finished my custom Groot paint job. Heres the link! http://imgur.com/a/j661y

I added whiskers to my Rocket too but you can only really see them in the last image.

Unmature
May 9, 2008

TouchToneDialing posted:

I just finished my custom Groot paint job. Heres the link! http://imgur.com/a/j661y

I added whiskers to my Rocket too but you can only really see them in the last image.

Holy poo poo, nice!

Junior Jr.
Oct 4, 2014

by sebmojo
Buglord
I'm saving up to get another Play Arts figure soon, the Harley Quinn from Arkham Knight looks really good and there's no way I can get the Arkham City version anymore (there's only a couple left and one even costs £439/$689), so if I miss out on this one I'm really going to lose it.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Agrias120 posted:

I had that figure and it was amazing. You got three awesome figures in one and they combined into a mega-death-slayer. More than once, Spider-Man rode it into battle against both Voltron and the Megazord.
Yep, I've got that thing hanging out in a box right now, haha.

To be honest I'm not sure if I really care enough about it to hang onto it, so if anyone in this thread wants it, make me an offer and I'll see what we can do!

ShimSham
May 25, 2007

I heard you
like how I sack.

TouchToneDialing posted:

This looks really great. Kudos.

I'm also upset because I just now caught up and watched GotG, and now I want the (movie) figures. Getting them now could be a bitch.

Bushifox
Dec 10, 2003

Je suis une tappette pour les jouets cheap et casse. Je suis dieu des nulles!

ShimSham posted:

This looks really great. Kudos.

I'm also upset because I just now caught up and watched GotG, and now I want the (movie) figures. Getting them now could be a bitch.

Looks like all except drax are readily available for under retail.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I can't believe this finally exists.

ShimSham
May 25, 2007

I heard you
like how I sack.

Bushifox posted:

Looks like all except drax are readily available for under retail.

Yeah, I immediately started looking and was thankfully relieved a bit. I can probably track down a more affordable Drax, and then I found Starlord and Gamora both at $15 each at my local BAM. (sadly other series Marvel Legends weren't ringing up for that price)

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
This is awesome

Havoc904
Jul 29, 2006

A school festival is a festival that takes place at our school!
My brother got me the Book of Vishanti Legends set for an early birthday present and this is probably the nicest exclusive set they have made. The book it comes in is really good looking and even includes a few pages with drawings and summaries of each character included (made to look like it would actually be in a real Book of Vishanti).

I mainly wanted this set for Dormammu and Hela, and they are definitely worth it. Dormammu is nicer then any of their recent build a figures and is a pretty heavy (weight wise) figure, he looks fantastic. It is a shame that more people won't get this figure because he is fantastic looking and one of the best Marvel Legends since Hasbro took over the line.

Hela was what I was expecting as well, which I am happy with. I am surprised by how much I like Magik and Brother Voodoo though, because I wasn't too excited about them. Magik is going to be alot of fun to pose and set up, with good articulation and a decent paint job. Brother Voodoo as some fun detail on him, but his paint job is definitely the messiest out of the whole set ( I don't know if they were all like this, but the white lines on his torso are pretty jagged in places). Strange looks as good as a clear variant can look, I am excited to get my hands on the colored version.

Hopefully some of these figures get a larger release some how, but it is going to be a shame if they are kept as rare exclusives. Especially Dormammu,

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

This isn't going to be the last Dormammu ... ;)

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Oh gently caress im cumming so hard.

http://mondotees.com/blogs/news/58710211-teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-leonardo-1-6-scale-collectible-figure

$149 each

Leo up for sale this Thursday.

quote:

Classic Comic Red Mask Head Cartoon Blue Mask Head
Dual Katana and Scabbards
1 set of C-Grip Hands
1 set of Climbing Claw Hands
Unique "Pointing Finger of Leadership" Hand
2 Four-Point Shuriken
2 Eight-Point Shuriken
Grappling Hook and Cord
Utrom Blaster
Belt with Scabbard Straps
Pre-Mutation Splinter
Pre-Mutation Baby Leonardo

quote:

Limited to 500, the Mondo Exclusive version will also include Shredder's Destroyed Gauntlet from TMNT Issue #1, shown below! The price of the exclusive is $159.99.

quote:

We're also excited to offer a TMNT Subscription (limited to 200), which includes the Mondo Exclusive, limited edition version of all four Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. You will be charged the full amount of each figure (with a $10 discount on each) at the time each becomes available for Pre-Order. We'll will notify you a week before each charge, but once you sign up for this subscription, you won't need to do anything else! The order of figures is as follows - Leonardo, Donatello, Michelangelo, and Raphael, each approximately a month apart.

In addition to receiving all four Mondo Exclusive TMNT figures, once the final Turtle figure ships, you will receive an exclusive screen printed TMNT poster by Jason Edmiston at no additional cost. The cost of the subscription is four payments of $149.99 (a total of $599.96).

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
aaahahhahaha $150 each, really..?

Mitsune
Jun 24, 2005

Vintersorg posted:

Leo up for sale this Thursday.

Thank you for posting this. I'm a sucker for Turtles.

I missed out on Revoltech set and have no idea where to find them now.

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

I think my expensive figure virginity is about to be broken. :swoon:

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Louisgod posted:

aaahahhahaha $150 each, really..?

Standard price for these, in fact well below what Hot Toys go for ($249+).

Oh wait, youre probably trolling again.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Hot Toys being even more ridiculously priced doesn't mean that those ninja turtles are not also ridiculously priced.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

How tall is a 1/6 scale Ninja Turtle? They're depicted as shorter than humans, right?

iceyman
Jul 11, 2001

Why do they have a penis? :confused:

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Vintersorg posted:

Standard price for these, in fact well below what Hot Toys go for ($249+).

Oh wait, youre probably trolling again.

Oh are they the size of Hot Toys? For some reasonI thought they were, say, Legends sized. Nevermind then, $150 is not obscenely terrible then.

DrChud
Jun 18, 2004

Cocks Cable posted:

Why do they have a penis? :confused:

All I see is turtles dicks. Can't unsee it.

A Tin Of Beans
Nov 25, 2013

DrChud posted:

All I see is turtles dicks. Can't unsee it.

I assume in person it's a little more obvious those're their tails, but yeah, those photograph ... unfortunately, hahaha.

Goddamn are they slick though. :swoon:

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
It's turtle dicks all the way down

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Louisgod posted:

Oh are they the size of Hot Toys? For some reasonI thought they were, say, Legends sized. Nevermind then, $150 is not obscenely terrible then.

Yeah, without a size reference my mind sees them as regular sized Ninja Turtles figures.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

My bad for not posting that.

Also still love you Louisgod. <3

In OTHER toy news, I know some people here waiting for this:

Bluefin Tamashii Nations' Samurai Sandtrooper (Teppo Ashigaru Sandtrooper) - $89.99

Ronin Boba Fett - $89.99

No other pics of Vader or the Stormtrooper that I can find nor pricing but im sure it'll be similar.

Unmature
May 9, 2008
Do those samurai Star Wars figures come with a fedora and Cheeto dust or do I have to provide my own to complete the ensemble?

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Unmature posted:

Do those samurai Star Wars figures come with a fedora and Cheeto dust or do I have to provide my own to complete the ensemble?

Darth Vader's helmet was inspired by samurai helmets, plus the plot of Star Wars was lifted from a Japanese movie, so, y'know. not that crazy a connection.

Unmature
May 9, 2008

boom boom boom posted:

Darth Vader's helmet was inspired by samurai helmets, plus the plot of Star Wars was lifted from a Japanese movie, so, y'know. not that crazy a connection.

Yeah, yeah I know all that. And WWII footage was used as animatics and The Hidden Fortress, yada yada.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Louisgod posted:

You know, I don't think the size of them is really an excuse to charge that much. It would cost more in raw materials (and I guess shipping) to make them twice as tall, but all other production costs would be pretty much the same. I don't know what people think is reasonable for 6" figures these days, but a bigger version of what is in all other respects the EXACT same figure, I don't get how it adds up to that.

I don't really think Hot Toys are reasonable either, but I can see where your money is going. The level of detail is crazy. They have a ton of parts and are clearly a bitch to fully assemble, with extremely complex paint jobs, stitched clothing, etc. They articulate the loving eyeballs!

These turtles are clearly less complex than your average Legends figure in terms of the paint job and articulation. I don't think they contain $130 worth of plastic by weight. This does not add up. I think you guys are being played for suckers!