Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution
That's more or less how I've always interpreted Rohan's powers. He's a natural born stand user, though I don't necessarily think it came about due to his desire to write the best manga.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.

Silver2195 posted:

• One strange bit: The man on the tower says he's been there for 3 years, so Superfly can't be the result of getting shot by the Arrow. I guess he still counts as one of the 6 Stand users Kira's dad mentioned because he still recruited him?
I always figured he meant he'd lived in the tower for three years, but had only recently become trapped there by developing his stand.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

I thought Rohan was a natural stand user, but he mentions getting shot by the arrow when he first appears, right?
Edit: Just checked the chapter he first uses it in and he doesn't. My bad.

Hitlersaurus Christ fucked around with this message at 11:15 on Aug 23, 2015

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Though he does say his stand doesn't work on himself, but uses it on himself, so whatevs it's rohan he does what he wants you can't stop him

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

http://www.shonengamez.com/2015/08/21/latest-jojos-bizarre-adventure-eyes-of-heaven-scans-shares-details-on-part-5-characters-stage/

Latest EoH info.

https://mangahelpers.com/t/kewl0210/releases/41675
JJL 46 text.
If this is out, chapter should be soon.

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

Hitlersaurus Christ posted:

I thought Rohan was a natural stand user, but he mentions getting shot by the arrow when he first appears, right?
Edit: Just checked the chapter he first uses it in and he doesn't. My bad.
I was SO SURE about the arrow thing that I even went to the jojo wikia to see if that's where I'd gotten this and... it's not mentioned there, either. I guess I just assumed. Whoops!

Thanks for checking up on that for me, if I'd gone looking myself I would have been sucked into reading and then I'd end up way ahead of the group.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Xibanya
Sep 17, 2012

Clever Betty
Let's Read of Part 4 Chapter 1 up in other thread: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3729048&pagenumber=12#post449328430

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
New chapter is up

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Rock Humans are weird.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
Out of all the Jojos so far, possibly excepting Jolyne, Josefumi has been by far the most martially competent

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Huh, didn't expect the fight to end that quickly

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

lol that information page

if they detect the fixed camera we have set up we'll be killed!

this series is the best

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Love Love Deluxe, huh? This is the first time a stand name has been (mostly) reused isn't it? Makes sense though given its hair-related powers. Guess that Karera was aYukako reference rather than a Kars reference.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

I think she's a reference to both

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I like how Gappy does "Nuts and Bolts Stand" better than Joshuu too now.
Fist fighting Gappy is great, Soft & Wet is great.
Karera is great.
Yasuho sitting around wondering where Josuke is is beyond great.

God, I love JoJolion.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

FirstAidKite posted:

Huh, didn't expect the fight to end that quickly

Yeah, we only just found out what the ball does, and now the user is gone. Araki is really burning through bad guys FAST in jojolion. I wonder if maybe he got tired of sitting on the same bad guy for half a year? I hope this doesn't negatively effect the pacing when reading Part 8 through once it's finished, don't want fight fatigue to set in - although we do get enough of Gappy being a weirdo that I don't think it'll have that problem.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i wonder if kira or josefumi had the mad fighting skills, because there's no way that josuke magically developed those out of nowhere.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.
Man! Josefumi is the new Bruce Lee! I love his technique, combined with little "ora!"s.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
Gappy's fighting style is great. Kinda bummed about how fast the Aphex twins went down though, they were kinda cool.

Star Platinum
May 5, 2010
Bet Togashi is pissed at Araki for revealing his secret like that. :argh:

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I think this adequately describes all JoJo antagonists.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Karera and her stand rule

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Those rock dude twins were a couple of lousy jobbers

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

They had really good stand abilities as well. I was expecting something like the train fight in 5, but nope.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
I'm almost wondering if rock humans have some way of reviving, and we'll be seeing all these enemies again? The twins' powers were really cool and had some creative potential, seems like a shame to murder them off so fast.

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

I don't think I really got what their power was. Transferring objects through their body?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Haha they're named Aphex Twin

Adlai Stevenson
Mar 4, 2010

Making me ashamed to feel the way that I do
One of 'em could move and manipulate matter from his left hand to his right via his body. The other ball had a soccer ball full of poison gas.

I don't mind the fight getting cut short, comparatively, as the pacing of big chapter fights tends to be much better than of a string of short chapter fights. The two of 'em had abilities that were cool but they didn't really sync super well or use that to their advantage. Jojo and Karera, on the other hand, won out by forming the classic combination of bubbles and hair. So I felt the fight was more about what the protagonists were capable of and how rock people don't really get how humans click. It was an extension of the National Geographic special that started the chapter.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Really, the most important thing this arc was introducing Karera, and that fight was just secondary.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

Erg posted:

I don't think I really got what their power was. Transferring objects through their body?

Thing 1 could transfer anything he touched with his left hand out to his right. He also seemed to have some amount of control over it, like how he wrapped up Josuke with the steel wire. Thing 2's stand seemed to just be a ball with poison gas in it which is a little boring. But it's JoJo, Araki could get creative with it burning through things or hiding in various places or whatever, since it seemed the rock guy had a decent amount of control over it.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Ball stand is basically Purple Haze - Balanced version.

It's a shame he came up against Soft & Wet - Overpowered version.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Star Platinum posted:

I thought of Miura lol

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

Gappy's fighting style is really cool. I like the little Ora's he does with strikes.

Torquemadras
Jun 3, 2013

Wow. Cool fight. I guess it's a good thing we're going through antagonists so fast, but I'm wondering if some of them won't come back in some way... We do have a Jesus tree around somewhere, no? After all, we still don't have a clear big bad, and every openly antagonistic character died soon afterwards. That architect dude seemed fairly important.

But I think its very cool how so many characters have ambiguous motives! Pretty much anyone besides the two main characters could turn into a villain later on. (I hope half of them do)

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.

Star Platinum posted:

I was going to make this joke but then saw you did, so

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

I thought of Miura lol
I thought I'd make this joke but then got beat again. Such is life.

More than just being defeated suddenly, I feel like we didn't learn much about the twins - which is a little funny considering their arc gave us the single largest dose of information on their species thus far.

Also, it was mentioned that sometimes rock people fall in love with regular people, but most (like 99.9%) of the time it never works out. Could the Higashikata family's curse be due to a rare instance of such a relationship coming to fruition?

Bad Seafood fucked around with this message at 19:17 on Aug 25, 2015

Red Bones
Aug 9, 2012

"I think he's a bad enough person to stay ghost through his sheer love of child-killing."

I think Josefumi was a Rock Human, and the reason Josuke likes sleeping under mattresses is because half of his body associates sleeping with being compressed in a rock cocoon. And if this is true then it's pretty impressive that Araki already had all this in mind since chapter 2, considering how he's never felt like a massively "plot stuff out ahead of time" style writer.

Kabanaw
Jan 27, 2012

The real Pokemon begins here

Red Bones posted:

I think Josefumi was a Rock Human, and the reason Josuke likes sleeping under mattresses is because half of his body associates sleeping with being compressed in a rock cocoon. And if this is true then it's pretty impressive that Araki already had all this in mind since chapter 2, considering how he's never felt like a massively "plot stuff out ahead of time" style writer.

Even if he didn't have anything but general plot points planned for 1-6, it felt like that changed with part 7. He set up a lot of central mysteries early that got resolved later on. Maybe since he has more time to work on each chapter he has time to do pre-production and can work on stuff further in advance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i wouldn't be surprised if josefumi ended up being a rock person. would also make his relationship with karera make more sense, since she very much wants to get with him and josefumi has already been established as going 'haha, nah'. the note about how human/rock human couples tend to end up messy seems fishy, and it would make sense if josefumi wants to avoid any situation like that.

of course, this is pretty baseless at the moment. gappy wanting to sleep under the mattress could very well be some weird poo poo kira liked doing, and it's definitely been established that even alternate universe, not exactly evil kira is still goddamn weird.