Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

Political Cartoons 2015: RRAAHHHHHH

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord_Ventnor
Mar 30, 2010

The Worldwide Deadly Gangster Communist President

So that's why Obama wanted to leave no survivors.

Mermaid Autopsy
Jun 9, 2001

theflyingexecutive posted:

Hint: It's the same people who have well-faded Tweety Bird tattoos.

Since hipsters have already driven wolf shirts into the ground, is it time for ironic-sincere appreciation of Looney Tunes as the garment of the proletariat? I should ask YLLS.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

Looney Tunes freaking own

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

Born: Edward Joseph Snowden
June 21, 1983 (age 32)
Innsmouth, Massachusetts, U.S.

Perfect.

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

Reminder: the creator of this hideous abomination won a Pulitzer Prize.

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Two Pulitzers, actually :smithicide:

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

I wonder how you top "bathing in the blood of fetuses"

Is there gonna be a cartoon with Hillary wearing a fetus-skin coat?

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

Rorus Raz posted:

Don't give them ideas :negative:

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Rorus Raz posted:

Would you elect me?

I'd elect me

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

Rorus Raz posted:

It's odd how much they obsess over respecting life from zygote to babby but are totally willing to draw their dismembered bodies being used as everything from shampoo to fast food

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

Ann Telnaes posted:

Hillary Clinton's worst enemy is....Hillary Clinton

Ann Telnaes posted:

Trump eats Jeb Bush for lunch

quote:

According to Russia Today:
'Mom and pop shop': Clinton's private emails housed on server in a bathroom closet
"A small IT management firm employed by presidential candidate Hillary Clinton kept its servers containing her private emails in a bathroom closet of its loft-apartment office, according to a new report, in another absurd twist to the Democrat's 2016 run."

That Old Tree
Jun 24, 2012

nah

Hm, yes, Republicans and Teabaggers cast as the diverse coalition of disenfranchised minorities. Not to mention Biden's ultimate sacrifice being key to them winning against an old, incredibly white aristocrat, in order to usher in a new, more ethnically diverse body of government.

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -

Post 9-11 User posted:

The, "Hillary Clinton is dropping in the polls!" cartoons irked me enough that I looked up her numbers, expecting to find that they are wrong about it. Her unfavorability (is that a word?) rating has steadily increased over recent years, her favorability rating has gone down in a nearly mirror image. I considered looking up whether or not this entirely fraudulent hatchet job against Planned Parenthood is tracking but I feel fear. Not gonna do it.

Well, Hillary has actually gone out of her way to not do any interviews or make any statements despite running for President. While her favorability among her constituents has little to do with conspiracies about Vilerat or email servers, lots of people have huge problems with a super rich career politician whose "principles" appear to be whatever is popular with the median public at any moment (outside of when she was supporting the Iraq war).

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

That Old Tree
Jun 24, 2012

nah

Literally "[insert punch line here]".

Oops, he forgot to tell a joke, but it's still a joke! :v:

Vivian Darkbloom
Jul 14, 2004

Plague of Hats posted:

Literally "[insert punch line here]".

Oops, he forgot to tell a joke, but it's still a joke! :v:

Yeah but Biden makes those horrible gaffes all the time. There exists no other politician who makes more gaffes than Biden, as everyone knows.

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

lol at Gary "" McCoy's newfound concern for children of Mexican immigrants

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

...but experts warn it is
just a drop in the ocean.
Haha, holy poo poo. It's like the Reese's of conservative cartoons. Two great tastes, together at last. I just imagine his thought process:

"Republicans hate Obama. Republicans hate "anchor babies". Hmm... What if I imply... that Obama is the father of all the anchor babies?

crabcakes66
May 24, 2012

by exmarx

Jay Rust posted:

This is about the Animas River spill from a few weeks ago. The Navajo Nation bore the brunt of it.

And I may have discounted, but I think Pinocchio here uses a quadruple negative?

The nonstop crocodile tears over that incident are amazing.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

crabcakes66 posted:

The nonstop crocodile tears over that incident are amazing.

In Two Bulls's case I'm inclined to think it's genuine, as he's not a "gently caress the environment" type.

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

I think I've figured out why Rall is such a bad artist. He's so sure that he can do no wrong that he draws in ink.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Jedit posted:

I think I've figured out why Rall is such a bad artist. He's so sure that he can do no wrong that he draws in ink.

It's pretty clear he just starts at the final inking. Like, there are so many cases where he's clearly just squeezed something in a margin or cut someone's arm short to fit it in the frame.

Armani
Jun 22, 2008

Now it's been 17 summers since I've seen my mother

But every night I see her smile inside my dreams

Someone please put this in the OP.

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

Humble Tengu Newspaper Reporter

Jedit posted:

I am positive that there's an interview somewhere or a friend that said this is exactly what he does.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Armani posted:

Someone please put this in the OP.

It's incredibly inaccurate though, the last panel should say "NEVER STOP FOR ANYTHING EVER"

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

loving hell that is beautiful.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Vivian Darkbloom posted:

Yeah but Biden makes those horrible gaffes all the time. There exists no other politician who makes more gaffes than Biden, as everyone knows.

Trump may say absurdly racist and sexist things, make wild claims with no backing, and refuse to actually state any policy positions but look over here! Joe Biden says things like "Bosniak"! Please please please look over here at Biden and stop looking at the GOP frontrunner!

Mellow Seas
Oct 9, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
You know, we always fret over Ramirez's pulitzers, which is understandable. But we also never talk about Siers, Sacks or Wuerker's pulitzers, and those are the three winners since I started following this thread. If we don't care about the cartooning Pulitzer, who does? Maybe it's fine that Ramirez has them.

Quorum
Sep 24, 2014

REMIND ME AGAIN HOW THE LITTLE HORSE-SHAPED ONES MOVE?

Fulchrum posted:

In Two Bulls's case I'm inclined to think it's genuine, as he's not a "gently caress the environment" type.

No, but he also tends to err on the side of distrust for the government, even when (as in this case) it's not warranted-- last I checked, the EPA was very upfront about what had happened, and the studies hadn't come back yet with regard to potential health effects for those downstream of the release. It's understandable where that attitude comes from, but the EPA is up there with, like, the National Park Service and NOAA in terms of "morally good actors."

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.

Stultus Maximus posted:

Trump may say absurdly racist and sexist things, make wild claims with no backing, and refuse to actually state any policy positions but look over here! Joe Biden says things like "Bosniak"! Please please please look over here at Biden and stop looking at the GOP frontrunner!

There was the time he let Clarence Thomas get away with sexually harassing Anita Hill

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Eh, seems legit

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

colonel_korn posted:

lol at Gary McCoy's newfound concern for children of Mexican immigrants

I was about to say the same

The Wiggly Wizard
Aug 21, 2008

This is a fairly shocking way to make a very milquetoast point.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

Mellow Seas posted:

You know, we always fret over Ramirez's pulitzers, which is understandable. But we also never talk about Siers, Sacks or Wuerker's pulitzers, and those are the three winners since I started following this thread. If we don't care about the cartooning Pulitzer, who does? Maybe it's fine that Ramirez has them.
Except Siers, Sack, and Wuerker are kinda good sometimes and it's fine they won them? I mean it's not Bagley or Bennett or Ohman or Pett or Luckovich, but compared to Ramirez it's night and day. Maybe I'm mistaken but I thought the times Ramirez won it was due to clearly Pulitzer-bait poo poo, comics filled with crocodile tears poo poo about a massacre with lots of blood and Ramirez lamenting the tragedy, before going right back to drawing some other large object cross-hatched and labeled debt.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
I just love how right wingers attach themselves to Star Wars. It's the most facile childish political perspective: us good guys, them bad guys.

They're children.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Quorum posted:

No, but he also tends to err on the side of distrust for the government, even when (as in this case) it's not warranted-- last I checked, the EPA was very upfront about what had happened, and the studies hadn't come back yet with regard to potential health effects for those downstream of the release. It's understandable where that attitude comes from, but the EPA is up there with, like, the National Park Service and NOAA in terms of "morally good actors."

Yeah, there's a whole bunch of anti-government types that are using this an excuse to hate on the EPA and are not disingenuous corporate sycophants. I mean, they still kind of serve corporations' needs by largely ignoring the culpability of the mining company that created the mess in the first place in favor of spinning conspiracies about the EPA, but they're slightly less hypocritical.

• Locked thread