Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

MariusLecter posted:

If I was an astronaut in high orbit and the Earth transported away, I'd take my cyanide pill.

Astronauts don't have cyanide pills. They don't need them, because letting the air out would be relatively quick and painless.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

Astronauts don't have cyanide pills. They don't need them, because letting the air out would be relatively quick and painless.

Screw that. If space suicide was on the table then I sure as hell would get into a space suit and launch myself into the inky black abyss heading towards a random star. Open a tiny hole to the outside so I pass out and die and then slowly become a freeze dried satellite to one day become either space dust or forever drift in the nothingness of existence.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

hmmm

diamond dog
Jul 27, 2010

by merry exmarx

Paladinus posted:

Could it be that the B-plot was an intentional homage (or parody) to Simpsons? It was super formulaic and even complete with a random stereotypical Orthodox Jew out of nowhere. It was also very clear that how quickly the cult developed couldn't possibly fit the timeline of the main plot.

the oblong giant head is called a cromulon and the original one has yellow skin. you might be onto something

SCheeseman
Apr 23, 2003

It was a pretty good Futurama episode.

diamond dog
Jul 27, 2010

by merry exmarx

Solice Kirsk posted:

Screw that. If space suicide was on the table then I sure as hell would get into a space suit and launch myself into the inky black abyss heading towards a random star. Open a tiny hole to the outside so I pass out and die and then slowly become a freeze dried satellite to one day become either space dust or forever drift in the nothingness of existence.

we cannot allow a corbomite gap imo. even though our main enemy is aerodynamics at this point it is better to die loving the sky, instantly in a magnesium blaze of glory rather than screaming and cursing mickey mouse as the burning air blasts your flesh from your bones and gravity secretly embeds your femur in a cow

pzy
Feb 20, 2004

Da Boom!

Typical posted:

I had one but I lost it at the premiere party because I was drunk. Now I just have the season 1 and 2 skateboards. and a lot of crew only shirts.

I try to keep track of R&M promo stuff on eBay… there are many things I don't own but I am jealous of, and the skateboard is one of them! That and the fake book with the R&M flask in it. Both of those things go for like $400 these days.

Robot Hobo
May 18, 2002

robothobo.com

KoRMaK posted:

I thought principal vaginas case for the giant head in the sky was pretty solid. I'd be on board - what the hell do I know, thing might as well be a god to me now.
Godhood is relative. Principal Vagina wasn't wrong about that part, the giant heads are close enough to gods that it makes no difference to us. His only mistake was the belief that those gods gave a poo poo about being worshiped, praised, obeyed, or literally anything mortals could do aside from writing and performing a hit song.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Paladinus posted:

Could it be that the B-plot was an intentional homage (or parody) to Simpsons? It was super formulaic and even complete with a random stereotypical Orthodox Jew out of nowhere. It was also very clear that how quickly the cult developed couldn't possibly fit the timeline of the main plot.

I think this is plausible, since I thought last week's episode was a parody of Family Guy's "hey remember when we..." thing.

But then again, I prefer not to think about it.

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

Okay gently caress everything we're arguing about what movie was the title a parody of? Get shorty?

e: "golf is easy now.. golf is hard again!" is some ADR punch up bullshit. I hate these lines but the rest of the episode is okay.

Krinkle fucked around with this message at 17:49 on Aug 25, 2015

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Krinkle posted:

Okay gently caress everything we're arguing about what movie was the title a parody of? Get shorty?

e: "golf is easy now.. golf is hard again!" is some ADR punch up bullshit. I hate these lines but the rest of the episode is okay.

Yes you solved it.

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

Jonas Albrecht posted:

I thought it was a solid episode. It doesn't stack up to the rest of this amazing season, but it wasn't bad by any stretch.

I laughed hard at the President assuming that people just die when he names them.

I think Tammy has a job on BirdWorld... as Bird Person's worm rancher.

Do birds even got dicks? Real question

Just Offscreen
Jun 29, 2006

We must hope that our current selves will one day step aside to make room for better versions of us.

Frostwerks posted:

Yeah but they are super weird. Leave it at that.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Paging Bloodwulfe to the thread.

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

SHOW ME WHAT YOU GOT

SymmetryrtemmyS
Jul 13, 2013

I got super tired of seeing your avatar throwing those fuckin' glasses around in the astrology thread so I fixed it to a .jpg

Frostwerks posted:

:nws:http://i.imgur.com/nngD1Nt.gif:nws:

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.

Frostwerks posted:

http://phenomena.nationalgeographic.com/2013/06/06/how-chickens-lost-their-penises-ducks-kept-theirs/

qntm
Jun 17, 2009

Fateo McMurray posted:

Man you guys think about jokes waaaaaaay too hard.

Or, to put it another way, "Don't analyze it, Nathan, it's working!"

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Goose Dicks look disgusting. (You may want to :nws: that.)

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Frostwerks posted:

Bird Person has a number of differences from plain birds.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

prefect posted:

Bird Person has a number of differences from plain birds.

Do Bird People even got dicks?

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Ramos posted:

Depends on what word Tammy said that was bleeped out.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

Ramos posted:

Hey, Bird Person,

GORDON posted:

SHOW ME WHAT YOU GOT

Laverna
Mar 21, 2013

I'm gonna chime in with the people who weren't so keen on this episode.

One of the reasons is cause I've been really enjoying Summer this season and after all that her behaviour seemed so out of place this episode. It would have fit in much better at the start of season 1.

I loved her last week though
"Just pee your pants, I did it the minute we got stuck. Oh, oh, yeah, yeah, shame me. At least when I'm disgusting it's on purpose."

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Laverna posted:

One of the reasons is cause I've been really enjoying Summer this season and after all that her behaviour seemed so out of place this episode. It would have fit in much better at the start of season 1.

I loved her last week though
"Just pee your pants, I did it the minute we got stuck. Oh, oh, yeah, yeah, shame me. At least when I'm disgusting it's on purpose."

i liked that line coupled with Morty's "I do it everywhere stop shaming me!" when Summer caught him in the kitchen. Those kids just like to do their own thing

ZorajitZorajit
Sep 15, 2013

No static at all...
She also peed herself in the first episode of the season. When Morty knocks out Rick, he says something like "If all of me just hit all of him, and all of you just peed your pants; then we should be in sync again." Is this going to a thing for her?

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

ZorajitZorajit posted:

She also peed herself in the first episode of the season. When Morty knocks out Rick, he says something like "If all of me just hit all of him, and all of you just peed your pants; then we should be in sync again." Is this going to a thing for her?

At least when she's disgusting it's on purpose.

Laverna
Mar 21, 2013

ZorajitZorajit posted:

And she didn't care then either. She's cool.

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

Laverna posted:

Consider her Miles Davis.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

ror sure is the Redgrin Grumboldt of making understandable references

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
that doesn't work when what you're referencing is actually a thing, toxx

chaosbreather
Dec 9, 2001

Wry and wise,
but also very sexual.

i liked this episode. classic 60s sci fi plot blended with a nice double satire of religion and reality television

nice take home message too: if you fail as an artist sometimes it can feel like your world has been destroyed, but if you harness the power of iced tea you can pull through

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Laverna posted:

The first four episodes were all fantastic, and this one was only good. Which is not bad. I liked it.

Cacafuego
Jul 22, 2007

Solice Kirsk posted:

Not worth it. Alien technology may have a cure for your peepee cansker, or maybe you're really a hulk

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Laverna posted:

High concept Sci-fi rigmarole is pretty fast paced and there's rarely time for bathroom breaks. If you want to keep up with the action sometimes you just gotta pissed your pants; that's what astronauts do.

Space Cadet Omoly fucked around with this message at 05:35 on Aug 26, 2015

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

The Human Crouton posted:

Basically, I refuse to believe that Bird Person is not an attentive lover.

new thread title right here

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

I shield you because I need charge
Is not because I like you or anything!

Something about "lubbu lubbu lubbu lubs / nubbu nubbu nubbu nubs" was impossibly good.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

High concept Sci-fi rigmarole is pretty fast paced and there's rarely time for bathroom breaks. If you want to keep up with the action sometimes you just gotta pissed your pants; that's what astronauts do.

And that's why astronauts, and Morty, have a catheter.

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

It's possible that they just don't go on any dinner dates. Which makes sense, they're different species so there's a good chance that they each find the other ones eating habits gross even though they like each other on a personal level. I mean, don't get me wrong I think bird person seems like a good guy but I wouldn't want to watch him eat a plate of worms and he'd probably be pretty freaked out watching a human eat a chicken.

birds eat chicken all the time. hell sometimes chickens eat chickens

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax
gently caress. and sometimes, birds eat people! WHAT THE gently caress

• Locked thread