Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

euphronius posted:

BS's stamps.com live reads were hilarious, come on.

Out of all the podcasts I listen to, Simmons sounded like he wanted to read the ads the least.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Parlett316
Dec 6, 2002

Jon Snow is viciously stabbed by his friends in the night's watch for wanting to rescue Mance Rayder from Ramsay Bolton

GoutPatrol posted:

Out of all the podcasts I listen to, Simmons sounded like he wanted to read the ads the least.

You need to check out Bill Burrs podcast then.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

Parlett316 posted:

You need to check out Bill Burrs podcast then.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rl5JDzvkEA0

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

I love anything that tells me about the crime against humanity that is buying stamps.

Having your limbs cut off and your torso thrown to wolves pales in comparison to buying stamps, which is the worst thing man has ever endured.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

davecrazy posted:

Dollar shave club is right in his wheelhouse.

No joke, the first I ever heard of Dollar Shave Club was on Norm MacDonald's podcast and I thought for sure it was a gag.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Is the podcast through HBO or his own thing?

Parlett316
Dec 6, 2002

Jon Snow is viciously stabbed by his friends in the night's watch for wanting to rescue Mance Rayder from Ramsay Bolton

Yes! His slaughter of Natures box owned as well.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Niwrad posted:

Is the podcast through HBO or his own thing?

If he was launching some new HBO podcast network (which I don't think is a thing that exists) I'd imagine there'd be some fanfare about it that came along with the announcement. I imagine it's something he'll just do himself on the side, maybe with ambitions on eventually expanding into a full network.

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

Sash! posted:

I love anything that tells me about the crime against humanity that is buying stamps.

Having your limbs cut off and your torso thrown to wolves pales in comparison to buying stamps, which is the worst thing man has ever endured.

You can buy stamps at most ATMs attached to banks...

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

davecrazy posted:

Dollar shave club is right in his wheelhouse.

His voice makes him sound like someone who hasn't started shaving yet.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

Frackie Robinson posted:

No joke, the first I ever heard of Dollar Shave Club was on Norm MacDonald's podcast and I thought for sure it was a gag.

I used to watch the guy who runs it try to light his farts on fire in high school.

What I'm trying to say is that it would be an appropriate sponsor.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Dollar Shave Club is great fwiw

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
ESPN should make an earnest effort to hire fewer shitheads

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

morestuff posted:

lmao

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Nice knowing you Curt.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 7 hours!

morestuff posted:

Jemele Hill is really mad at any of you who were rooting for Curt Schilling.

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun
Curt Schilling was a known turd for a long time though. Also he already deleted it. And I bet his account was just hacked!

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 7 hours!
https://www.facebook.com/curt.schilling.56/posts/10206693417747810?pnref=story

Curt's sticking to his guns on Twitter.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

chunkles posted:

Curt Schilling was a known turd for a long time though. Also he already deleted it. And I bet his account was just hacked!

shithead posted:

@JayBerman going to have a life of its own no matter what. Gotta own the fallout but no need to keep it alive that way

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

Geno
Apr 26, 2004
STUPID
DICK
is he allowed back in Rhode Island yet?

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

morestuff posted:

It would be funny if this ends up as more ammunition for voters to use to keep him out of the HoF.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Boston will probably like him even more now, why would he need to go back to Rhode Island?

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

Confederate Flag Avatar Guy calling out Shitbag Curt Schilling for his hot takes, this is peak twitter folks

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

No Safe Word posted:

Confederate Flag Avatar Guy calling out Shitbag Curt Schilling for his hot takes, this is peak twitter folks

Hey now Curt, you've got to take those Germany numbers with a grain of salt, the pollsters were probably Jews.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together

Kibner posted:

It would be funny if this ends up as more ammunition for voters to use to keep him out of the HoF.

He already blamed his being a Republican for costing him hall votes, as if old white baseball writers are a bunch of commie pinkos or something

Simplex
Jun 29, 2003

I feel like the best part of that exchange is that the 7% of Germans being Nazis isn't really even all that questionable. You take the number of registered members of the Nazi Party divide it by the population, boom, there's a number. How the gently caress you even begin to quantify a percentage of Muslim extremists I have no idea.

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

Simplex posted:

I feel like the best part of that exchange is that the 7% of Germans being Nazis isn't really even all that questionable. You take the number of registered members of the Nazi Party divide it by the population, boom, there's a number. How the gently caress you even begin to quantify a percentage of Muslim extremists I have no idea.

I believe the foremost scholars agree that image macros are the best place to obtain hard statistics like that, particularly if it's posted by your crazy racist relatives on Facebook along with a schizophrenically capitalized rant.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 7 hours!
Curt Schilling's Nazi memorabilia collection.

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

Do you smell what The Mauk is cooking?
Sash can you back up these numbers?

Ribsauce
Jul 29, 2006

Blacks in the back.
I almost cried tears of joy when I saw this news. Please let it be true. Whitlock was awesome at Fox Sports. His podcast there was so much better than anything else out there. It was so good. His interviews with journalists were excellent, his other serious interviews were also great, and sometimes he would throw a curveball by having his barber come and insult Tebow for an hour or getting a hooker on to talk about banging athletes. Plus now he can bang on media members again. ESPN put him in solitary for saying Thayer Evans couldn't spell CAT. At Fox Sports he killed lovely journalism all day. If you look back he was the first guy to call BS on the Charles Robinson Miami investigation for instance.

The lovely part about Whitlock is he thinks he is an awesome writer, but that is what he is the worst at.

This news is so awesome. I hope it is true. I might cry the first time I hear Real Talk uncensored again

(I know I am the only person on this forum who likes him)

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

sportsgenius86 posted:

Dollar Shave Club is great fwiw

This is very true. Their blades last pretty much exactly a week but it works out perfectly.

Dr. Carver's Easy Shave Butter is extremely my jam though.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Groucho Marxist posted:

Sash can you back up these numbers?

Both Curt and the guy questioning the 7% are wrong. Not that that should surprise anyhow.

In 1933, just 3% of the German population were members of the Party. The 1932 election Hitler carried 37.27% of votes cast, however turnout implies that only 26.5% of registered voters supported Hitler and only 17.7% of the population including those not registered to vote backed him at all.

In 1939, 8% Germans were members (this is as close as Curt gets to "right"). By 1945, Party membership exceeded 12% at its peak. Party membership never rose beyond a rather modest 12%.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

First they came with inaccurate Nazi statistics and I said nothing.

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:
Dollar Shave Club can't get the spot behind my ear without slicing me :mad:

also Schilling is dumb I guess

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
Schilling has been suspended from the Little League World Series.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

ayn rand hand job posted:

He will start his own league, the Schilling Youth

poly and open-minded
Nov 22, 2006

In BOD we trust

Hitter Youth

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

ayn rand hand job posted:

Man like the exact first thing Hitler did after seizing power was prevent his enemies from being at the Little League World Series.

lol

chunkles fucked around with this message at 03:23 on Aug 26, 2015