Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ditocoaf
Jun 1, 2011

Fangz posted:

Well, there's also the question of replacing the teacher.

Hmm, yeah. So I think there are actually five plot threads: Blossom the bully, Daz returning for the wedding, Linton's hormones, the new head of discipline, AND Claire's breakup. I predict we won't know how they all fit together until we find... the missing piece.

Ditocoaf fucked around with this message at 23:36 on Aug 21, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

I feel like there's zero chance that this arc will be so mundane as a bully, a criminal, and an adolescent. There's got to be something weird to go in the mix, like a horrible spacebeast, a mystical artifact, or maybe they all switch brains or something.

This is the comic that once had a boy be punched into space and return as space-king, not Dawson's Creek or Archie.

advokat
Nov 17, 2012
Maybe the horrible spacebeast will be the new teacher???

(I'm really just along for the ride right now. This has never been the easiest comic to predict)

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

The "missing piece" is the supernatural thing. It's missing. There isn't one of those this time, and the mystery is why not.

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

...but experts warn it is
just a drop in the ocean.
Calling it now, Linton's drawing comes to life, he falls in love with it, it endears itself to the student body by beating up Blossom, but it's actually a baddie and the girls have to expose the evil naked horse lady and break Linton's heart to save his life.

At the end of it, he and Claire start dating.

Ditocoaf
Jun 1, 2011

Huh. Instead of the Robert Cop thing this weekend, looks like we're getting a revival of a two-strip idea he had back in 2009, starring Shelley.

I like the About page's summary of the comics journey that led to him reviving this.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

That is one of the most stunning representations of the X-Men I have ever seen.

Also, "Hippie Nancy Drew and Gender Swap Death Note" is a fantastic description of Mildred and Lottie.

Wyld Karde
Mar 18, 2013

She's so ~dreamy~
Now I want to see Allison do a superhero comic. :allears:

Leroy Dennui
Aug 9, 2014

Gina McCarthy made us gay,
but we would not have met
had Biden not dropped his cones
:gaysper::frogbon:

Bongo Bill posted:

The "missing piece" is the supernatural thing. It's missing. There isn't one of those this time, and the mystery is why not.

There's the possibility that Blossom Cooper's behavior could be stemming from consumption of Davies' Fantabulous and Horrible Growthe Formula, which would be both a supernatural element and a callback. My Bad Machinery knowledge could be failing me if she always was larger than her classmates, though.

Keep in mind The Case of the Modern Men lacked a real supernatural element; we could equally be seeing something like Blossom publically trouncing Daz Wickle and earning the admiration of Linton, who now recognizes her as his ideal woman.

Ditocoaf posted:

Huh. Instead of the Robert Cop thing this weekend, looks like we're getting a revival of a two-strip idea he had back in 2009, starring Shelley.

I like the About page's summary of the comics journey that led to him reviving this.

Wait, Babs is [i]real?![/]

Leroy Dennui fucked around with this message at 17:36 on Aug 24, 2015

advokat
Nov 17, 2012
I think she was always this big. Plus it seems she started to work out recently. Nothing supernatural so far...

I'm really loving this development. Especially the page before the current one, with Shauna maneuvering into the room, Blossom providing her accurate descriptions of Lottie and Mildred and the "baddie" picture. Amazing.

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008
i dont care how much probation i get capital letters are for squares hehe im so laid back an nice please read my low effort shitposts about the arab spring

thanxs!!!
Is... is Blossom gonna be the Vegeta?

Leroy Dennui
Aug 9, 2014

Nah, she's gonna be the Piccolo. The Vegeta will come in the next arc, "The Case of the Space Apemen".

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Never re-read the Belgariad btw, the characterisation will be just as good as you remember but you'll realise it's full of really really shady gender and racial politics.

:smith:

Gravitas Shortfall fucked around with this message at 10:48 on Aug 26, 2015

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

'n suddenly there was a terrible roar all around us 'n the sky was full of what looked like 'uge bats, all swooping 'n screeching 'n divin' around the ute.

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

Never re-read the Belgariad btw, the characterisation will be just as good as you remember but you'll realise it's full of really really shady gender and racial politics.

:smith:

I think the best I can say about them is that he knew he was writing schlock and pulp fantasy. I devoured those drat books when I was a dumb teenager. :(

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It
Belgariad/Mallorean always felt like the Dragonball/Dragonball Z of cheap fantasy. Belgoku trains with Master Belroshi and travels the world looking for balls, picking up friends + Ce'Chichi along the way, defeats the demon god, eventually has a son with hidden power Belgohan.

Jackard fucked around with this message at 15:47 on Aug 26, 2015

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
Meanwhile, Colm has dropped out of school and Jack has acquired a pair of douchebag goggles.

...Jack has really come a long way since the first strip.

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008
i dont care how much probation i get capital letters are for squares hehe im so laid back an nice please read my low effort shitposts about the arab spring

thanxs!!!
Ahh, I see. Blossom and Daz will both prove to be unrepentant shits and Shauna will be left broken. A suitable end to Babs McChinnery.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Spider-Gwen appearance! :allears:

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

...but experts warn it is
just a drop in the ocean.
I am totally taking the credit for calling this. I mean, it wasn't exactly a big leap, but I'm still taking the credit. :v:

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012

Captain Bravo posted:

I am totally taking the credit for calling this. I mean, it wasn't exactly a big leap, but I'm still taking the credit. :v:

You don't get to have called it until it's actually A Thing! :colbert:

Until such a time as it is not merely Potentially A Thing, you have only Potentially Called It.

KOGAHAZAN!!
Apr 29, 2013

a miserable failure as a person

an incredible success as a magical murder spider

ahahahahaha Jack and Sonny's expressions in panel 7. That's a "well good for you mate but we are never going to stop taking the piss out of you for this" look if ever I saw one.

Leroy Dennui
Aug 9, 2014

Linton is going to be the next character to win a Potterton Writing Academy scholarship, I can feel it.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Leroy Dennui posted:

Linton is going to be the next character to win a Potterton Writing Academy scholarship, I can feel it.

Has anyone ever actually used one of those?

Leroy Dennui
Aug 9, 2014

Carrot Scruggs will never appear in a webcomic again, so we may never know.

I thought Ryan received the same scholarship, but he won the Wembley-Spratt prize from the British Poetry Council. Still definitely a callback.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Daaaang, reject Shauna Wickle's offer of friendship at your own peril.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

I wouldn't wish H&M on my worst enemy.

Shauna's really come a long way from nitz riddled, baby at fourteen fate the other characters used to describe her in Scary Go Round to a kickass lady who knows what's important in life. You couldn't sing in a death metal band if you didn't want to scream.

Saoshyant fucked around with this message at 10:36 on Sep 8, 2015

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Oh, Mystery Boys :allears:

Wyld Karde
Mar 18, 2013

She's so ~dreamy~
I'm mildly surprised we don't have a :dreamworksface: emote on here. I suppose :shepface: is close enough.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Linton is all :stare:

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Jackard posted:

Linton is all :stare:

He's gonna be all :commissar:'d soon, though.

Seriously, on one end psycho Claire who's still into fires, on the other her possessive, former boyfriend who's actually stalking her. There's no way to win this.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Colm had a bouquet of flowers, he wasn't stalking, he was about to crash the party and win back Claire.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Oh, totally missed that.

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us

Ditocoaf posted:

Hmm, yeah. So I think there are actually five plot threads: Blossom the bully, Daz returning for the wedding, Linton's hormones, the new head of discipline, AND Claire's breakup. I predict we won't know how they all fit together until we find... the missing piece.
I figure the missing piece is a Shel Silverstein reference.

HMS Beagle
Feb 13, 2009

http://scarygoround.com/?date=20150921
I think Charlotte and Mildred are making a bad decision.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!

HMS Beagle posted:

http://scarygoround.com/?date=20150921
I think Charlotte and Mildred are making a bad decision.

Yikes, that is a bad decision.

Leospeare
Jun 27, 2003
I lack the ability to think of a creative title.

Fangz posted:

Yikes, that is a bad decision.

Definitely. Should have stopped at two burgers.

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008
Making my prediction that Shauna and Blossom are half-sisters.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

hey let's find your estranged father on the eve of your adoption + mothers wedding

Leroy Dennui
Aug 9, 2014

7c Nickel posted:

Making my prediction that Shauna and Blossom are half-sisters.

I, too, hope Shauna's dad is the "I <3 CHIVES" guy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
I like the cut of this Blossom's jib.

• Locked thread