Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011
:norway:

:iiam:

Hulk Smash! posted:

Easy-peasy. Medullah transfers over for 90cc, runs the thing with you guys and then transfers back for another 90.

$1.80 instead of 15 million.

Can't transfer between regions because gently caress knows why. So not an option.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
Plus I think you have to wait 30 days between transfers and you guys would fall into anarchy without me for that long.

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

Dunno-Lars posted:

Can't transfer between regions because gently caress knows why. So not an option.
The voltage is different in Europe.

Medullah posted:

Plus I think you have to wait 30 days between transfers and you guys would fall into anarchy without me for that long.
Considering we got a guild leader who buys Crate-O matics with guild fund, how much more anarchy can we take? :v:

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

I'm not sure if I've even had a cumulative total of 15 million during my entire time playing swtor

Hulk Smash! posted:

The voltage is different in Europe.

He's not a lightning sorc though

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

Ainsley McTree posted:

:rimshot:

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Ainsley McTree posted:

I'm not sure if I've even had a cumulative total of 15 million during my entire time playing swtor

I'm a space hoarder who doesn't play pretty princess and crafts my own poo poo. Right now I've got about 75 million spread amongst my army of alts

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Medullah posted:

I'm a space hoarder who doesn't play pretty princess and crafts my own poo poo. Right now I've got about 75 million spread amongst my army of alts

That'll do it then. I'm a lazy bum who sells mats and blows all my money on shiny speeders every time I break 1 million.

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

Medullah posted:

The CD is only 72 hours, I abused it for cheap renames. I've personally made about 250 million from my guild selling runs though we went on break from organized activity about a month ago. Our prices were steep but we always had more buyers than spots.

Rouncer
Jul 23, 2009

Medullah posted:

pfft - you know you spend more on booty shorts and gimp masks then most spend on their strongholds

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

The new mount flourish is pretty cool, it's like the ship is saying "Do you even lift bro"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WFdNRM2FZcg

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
We could just turn TNG into a hardcore progression raid guild...

:cawg:

:raise:

:negative:

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

Medullah posted:

The new mount flourish is pretty cool, it's like the ship is saying "Do you even lift bro"

Screw that. Where's my Sith-themed pack? :(

Jan
Feb 27, 2008

The disruptive powers of excessive national fecundity may have played a greater part in bursting the bonds of convention than either the power of ideas or the errors of autocracy.

Medullah posted:

Jesus, the pivot it's turning on is completely jarring.

:effort:, Bioware/EA.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Medullah posted:

I got excited when it said "dropship" but then it never actually "dropped"

If it dropped from the sky when you summoned it, I'd spend the CCs on that probably.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Why does this game not have space hoverboard mounts yet. Seriously. :colbert:

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Playing trooper with 4x as your companion and RPing 100% of convos as whatever is best for the republic and fucks imperials the most is great. Generally will make you a complete Darkside rear end in a top hat but 4x really makes the trooper story when you are both like republic yeah come to save the motha loving day.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

BadLlama posted:

Playing trooper with 4x as your companion and RPing 100% of convos as whatever is best for the republic and fucks imperials the most is great. Generally will make you a complete Darkside rear end in a top hat but 4x really makes the trooper story when you are both like republic yeah come to save the motha loving day.

4x is great, especially if you play as Garza's little war criminal. He's so happy to be a toadie.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Eimi posted:

4x is great, especially if you play as Garza's little war criminal. He's so happy to be a toadie.

On the other hand, LS troopers eventually get Garza court-martialed and fired. :v:

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Does the upcoming expansion still have any unannounced features? Seems like with the whole outlander thing is the perfect time to remove the Imperial/republic strictly defined sides thing so you can play your bounty hunter for the republic and what have you.

Scorchy
Jul 15, 2006

Smug Statement: Elementary, my dear meatbag.
Trooper is only fun if you're committing war crimes left and right. Bring Elara for her continued horrified reactions.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

BadLlama posted:

Seems like with the whole outlander thing is the perfect time to remove the Imperial/republic strictly defined sides thing so you can play your bounty hunter for the republic and what have you.

Nope, the faction divide is not going away. Indications seem to be that both factions are beaten and broken but not yet gone and the PC will revitalize them. One interview, for example, showed a special thing for troopers at one point in the expansion: You have to make a choice regarding strategy: set up Imperial forces to take the worst of things, or create a unified order of battle that should be more effective but won't get shitloads of Imperial soldiers killed?

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

I can't wait to see what Light Side SW options there are in this. Hell, how they handle the whole Wrath thing in general. Should be awesome. :allears:

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Scorchy posted:

Trooper is only fun if you're committing war crimes left and right. Bring Elara for her continued horrified reactions.

I modeled my trooper after Tom berenger in platoon

There's no bandana helmets are there?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Ainsley McTree posted:

I modeled my trooper after Tom berenger in platoon

Now you need to model your Sniper after Tom Berenger in the movie Sniper, an operative after Tom Berenger in Inception, and a Scoundrel after Tom Berenger in The Substitute

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
Don't forget a Sorcerer after Tom Berenger in Major League II.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Fuzz posted:

I can't wait to see what Light Side SW options there are in this. Hell, how they handle the whole Wrath thing in general. Should be awesome. :allears:

In the expansion? I mean they kind of tied up Wrath in SoR. Also Ziost. Unless dark side war is radically different.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Ainsley McTree posted:

Oh also to answer this, there's a craftable green one for armormechs.

I sent one to your merc (I had a few I crafted to make cancer survivor looks)

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Medullah posted:

Oh also to answer this, there's a craftable green one for armormechs.

I sent one to your merc (I had a few I crafted to make cancer survivor looks)

Oh wow, that's perfect. I won't ask about that cancer thing but thank you!

Now I wanna run around yavin or ziost or whatever /shouting "y'all know about killin"

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Ainsley McTree posted:

Oh wow, that's perfect. I won't ask about that cancer thing but thank you!

One of these days one of my body type 4 characters will suddenly be body type 1 wearing a bandanna like that.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Medullah posted:

One of these days one of my body type 4 characters will suddenly be body type 1 wearing a bandanna like that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5cR-WiGKZtg

Keshik
Oct 27, 2000

Zizi posted:

Throwing in on the side of people that prefer to play Republic. I mean, the Empire side is better written and more enjoyable, but I honestly prefer light side in general. The Problem with this in TOR is Bioware isn't *actually* as good at writing as their reputation suggests (insert "for a game" liberally) and they really struggle to make "good guys" anything but bland and boring. Even the Smuggler honestly isn't that great-- but it skirts the grey areas so it's a little easier for Bioware to make interesting. It's way easier to make the Empire of Evil interesting by giving it that "for your own good" twist and ask questions like "there has to be good people in there, how to they manage?" and whatnot than it is to make the Republic interesting but still The Good Guys, and I think the game reflects that and that they just weren't quite up for it.

There is a TON of stuff they could do to make playing Jedi and Trooper interesting and compelling, and make the Republic in general a neat, complex entity, but I'm not convinced the chops to do it were on staff.

I thought Trooper was decent, really. I mean it's not as great as being the epic troll a LS Sith Warrior is but you can go DS and be a war criminal, or go LS and you're just the commander of a badass elite special forces unit.

It doesn't have to have a shitload of moral ambiguity. Commanding officer of a badass elite special forces unit is kinda cool. Plus, you know, M1-4X. God love him.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Consular is closer to what I'd want in a Jedi story, too bad I find all 6 of its specs boring as sin. The voice actress pulls off being a Jedi very well, doesn't sound young and just...clueless like Knight.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Eimi posted:

Consular is closer to what I'd want in a Jedi story, too bad I find all 6 of its specs boring as sin. The voice actress pulls off being a Jedi very well, doesn't sound young and just...clueless like Knight.

It's the female Consular the way to go? I was tempted, but... Nolan North! Not playing Nathan Drake, as usual! :monocle:

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Fuzz posted:

It's the female Consular the way to go? I was tempted, but... Nolan North!

Well I just play female characters so I can't say I've even heard how the male versions sound. Female consular sounds the way a Jedi should is all I can say.

My Gimmick Name
Sep 11, 2004

Eimi posted:

Well I just play female characters so I can't say I've even heard how the male versions sound. Female consular sounds the way a Jedi should is all I can say.

She sounded like a complete robot to me. So I dressed her up as a robot and made the most efficient choices possible, morality be damned.

Etheldreda
Jun 1, 2008

I resubscribed about two months ago and now I'm feeling a bit lonely and would like to join the Goon guild(s)... but of course all my characters are on another server. If I decide to move them all, is there a particular order in which I should shuttle them across in order to not mess up my legacy stuff too much?
- My Trooper (level 43) was my first character and started/named the legacy.
- My Smuggler (level 45) is highest level and has contributed the most toward legacy points.
- then I have a level 20 Jedi with reasonable crafting skills, and over on Imperial side a level 23 Agent and level 16 Sith Warrior also with decent crafting skills.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

About to do a quick DP run if anyone wants to join - need 2 more, gonna fill em with pubs if no one logs in in 10 minutes.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Etheldreda posted:

I resubscribed about two months ago and now I'm feeling a bit lonely and would like to join the Goon guild(s)... but of course all my characters are on another server. If I decide to move them all, is there a particular order in which I should shuttle them across in order to not mess up my legacy stuff too much?
- My Trooper (level 43) was my first character and started/named the legacy.
- My Smuggler (level 45) is highest level and has contributed the most toward legacy points.
- then I have a level 20 Jedi with reasonable crafting skills, and over on Imperial side a level 23 Agent and level 16 Sith Warrior also with decent crafting skills.

No need, your legacy will merge if you have any characters, and you keep everything. So no need to worry about order. Also just a warning, we are Imperial side. Our Republic guild is mostly there for alts for leveling. So if you are mainly on Pub side, there aren't many goons there.

Etheldreda
Jun 1, 2008

Eimi posted:

Also just a warning, we are Imperial side.

Yeah, I just wanted to move everyone so I can keep mailing crafted goods back and forth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Etheldreda posted:

Yeah, I just wanted to move everyone so I can keep mailing crafted goods back and forth

There is some server that goons play pub on, I just have no idea which one it is.

• Locked thread