Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
freedom-hating statist shill

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy
when it takes her photo it should add an uglifying filter to her face--- the perfect neg

Athletic Footjob
Sep 24, 2005
Grimey Drawer
sticking a ipod touch in the wall in your house = a smart house! https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1004859742/lifeswitch-the-smart-home-control-interface-for-ev?ref=category

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

lol for ever at step 5

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

/in Lo Wang Shadow Warrior voice

Ancient Erogenous Zone Secret !!

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe
that guy's name is kris p. creme

laserghost
Feb 12, 2014

trust me, I'm a cat.

say hello to, the ouye

http://z.jd.com/project/details/20791.html

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

NoneMoreNegative posted:

lol for ever at step 5

sources cited:
Incitement of Human Sexual Arousal via Prepubescent Felid Imagery, Annals of Anime Catgirls Vol. 83

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Internet Man Kris Explains One Secret Tip For Ancient Pussy, Cavemen Hate Him

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
that's a parody guys, can't you see the kitten in a fedora

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Soricidus posted:

that's a parody guys, can't you see the kitten in a fedora

*kitten print fedora

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
peanut is not a kitten he's a big dumb gently caress

MrMoo
Sep 14, 2000

something mac pro something, 40 euros for a can holder? I guess they could have made it out of wood.

this guy has some weird hatred of shared libraries, but appears to want developers to write to shared memory awful APIs instead of another library.

MrMoo fucked around with this message at 00:51 on Aug 17, 2015

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

MrMoo posted:

something mac pro something, 40 euros for a can holder? I guess they could have made it out of wood.

this guy has some weird hatred of shared libraries, but appears to want developers to write to shared memory awful APIs instead of another library.

new mac pro user is a pretty narrow target market

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010

MrMoo posted:

apparently his use case is people doing performance-critical math on computers that have sufficiently powerful cpus and gpus for it to be worth using both, and he thinks you need a daemon for this because high performance math libraries only ever target cpus or gpus, not both

presumably he hasn't paused to wonder why that might be the case, or whether the design of hpcs might actually not be quite the same as his home-made linux gaming rig

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum
the barkley 2 gaiden kickstarter just updated and they're going to be showing the game at pax next week, and there will be a video tomorrow :w00t:

30 TO 50 FERAL HOG
Mar 2, 2005

the video is going to be the $1000 backer reward

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JsneVykvjlU&hd=1

here's a teaser video

Migishu
Oct 22, 2005

I'll eat your fucking eyeballs if you're not careful

Grimey Drawer

i think there's more in life you would need to consider regarding your life choices if you're someone who, ityool2015, buys an actual mac desktop

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

Migishu posted:

i think there's more in life you would need to consider regarding your life choices if you're someone who, ityool2015, buys an actual mac desktop

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
prototyping the alien aids jars for prometheus

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1152958674/the-sensel-morph-interaction-evolved

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

so they replaced the keyboard with a blank touchscreen?

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

MALE SHOEGAZE posted:

so they replaced the keyboard with a blank touchscreen?

with which you can then place horrible looking rubber keyboards on top of, to use it as a keyboard

i mean if it was half the price and got widespread use then it might be cool

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
it's a neat piece of technology that seems to have actual competence behind it and a real use case or two and probably doesn't belong in this thread

but :laffo: at those rubber overlays

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
you could attach one of those rubber sucker cup dildos to it and have it play the mario-get-coin noise on every down hump

JawnV6
Jul 4, 2004

So hot ...

Sham bam bamina! posted:

it's a neat piece of technology that seems to have actual competence behind it and a real use case or two and probably doesn't belong in this thread

but :laffo: at those rubber overlays

fsr's are finicky enough with less than 20,000

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

this seems pretty okay honestly

Jamsta
Dec 16, 2006

Oh you want some too? Fuck you!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/nagle-industries/glowtie

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

well the founders are legit touch screen researchers at least; the ceo worked for a university spinoff company (touchco) that was acquired by amazon. their product was thrown into the kindle voyage

The Eyes Have It
Feb 10, 2008

Third Eye Sees All
...snookums
I was just talking to a fellow who does lots of lab work poo poo and the fact that keyboards are 1) the bestest most meaningfulest way to interface with computers which are everywhere and invaluable in lab work while also 2) being impossible to sterilize or clean in any sort of way that would be meaningful in a lab means it's an actual problem to be solved with lots of hemming and hawwing and crappy solutions waiting for a good one.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Mister Sinewave posted:

I was just talking to a fellow who does lots of lab work poo poo and the fact that keyboards are 1) the bestest most meaningfulest way to interface with computers which are everywhere and invaluable in lab work while also 2) being impossible to sterilize or clean in any sort of way that would be meaningful in a lab means it's an actual problem to be solved with lots of hemming and hawwing and crappy solutions waiting for a good one.

http://www.amazon.com/Adesso-Flexible-Full-Sized-Keyboard-AKB-230/dp/B000BHB5YW

They're dishwasher or boiling water cleansing safe

The Eyes Have It
Feb 10, 2008

Third Eye Sees All
...snookums
Ages ago I backed a campaign for one of these

and it rocks. Backed the campaign, and a while later got this in the mail. It's pretty cool to listen to things spazz out like powering up your digital camera or phone or wireless keyboard or whatever.

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

this christmas feels like the very first christmas to me
:shittydog::shittydog::shittydog:

Mister Sinewave posted:

put the keyboard into a plastic bag. put another plastic bag obver that bag that u can change whenver it gets dirty. boom gimme ur money.

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

these always seem to feel terrible and miss lots of keys

i'd almost pick one of those optical LASER FUTURE KEYBOARDS

The Eyes Have It
Feb 10, 2008

Third Eye Sees All
...snookums

Those look about as nice to use as a mushy overlay on a touchscreen. Apparently that level of things is the best option right now but people want tactile feedback instead of mushy keys that you can't wipe down easily (too many nooks and crannies and underhangs, etc) or so he said anyway :shrug:

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

silicone keyboard covers also exist! and can be cleaned. idk if they stand up to sterilization but they will beat the roll-up-rubber-floppy ones

a cyberpunk goose
May 21, 2007

use a mechanical keyboard and pop keys off once a year and give me a rinse :)

Incomplete Fish
Apr 22, 2006

Grimey Drawer
paging ian: your domain is up for renewal apparently and im gonna snipe it b/c you suck and i got like $10 i dont need

paging rest of yospos: please ignore all of my posts for the rest of time

Incomplete Fish fucked around with this message at 03:43 on Aug 26, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum
lol

• Locked thread