Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Anatharon posted:

I hope nobody has tried to stick their dick in a spider, because of this series.

That would have to be a pretty big spider!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
You might think, "or a small dick!", but even if we're talking a very small human penis, that'd still have to be a pretty big spider.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
Please do not sex non-musume spiders

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
I bet drider figures have been flying off of the shelves in Japan though.

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe
Where are the more traditional monster girls such as kitsunes and shark girls

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Darth Windu posted:

A Kitsune showed recently on the manga but I doubt the anime will cover her chapter.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Darth Windu posted:

There's shark mermaids, I doubt they'd do do shark mermaids and shark girls.

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

Oh centaur-taur, have we gone too far?

Ranzear
Jul 25, 2013

I do ponder the reverse versions of each of them...

Carpator Diei
Feb 26, 2011

Ranzear posted:

I do ponder the reverse versions of each of them...

I really want a Centaur's Worries/Monster Monsume crossover, just to see the horrified face of CW's protagonist when she learns some details about MM's centaurs.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
The "it's tuesday" comic

Bakanogami
Dec 31, 2004

Grimey Drawer

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
I wondered what they were gonna add to the cold story since Rachnera's there. I guess "nothing" was always an option.

Command Ant
Aug 9, 2010

I can make you
worth your weight
in gold!

Early zombie looks drunk.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

The problem with the zombies is that apparantly their baps are really hard

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Jiang shi best zom

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Takoluka posted:

Jiang shi best zom

I hope one of them shows up in the show, that sounds adorable

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
Since they don't have enough manga to do a second seson right after, It'd be neat if they did some anime original OVAs showing these other monster girls doing stuff to keep the franchise in people's minds.

no go on Quiznos
May 16, 2007

Pork Pro

boom boom boom posted:

I wondered what they were gonna add to the cold story since Rachnera's there. I guess "nothing" was always an option.

She got two lines. That's something, right? (Her lines weren't even new, they belonged to Mero and Miia respectively.)

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Command Ant posted:

Early zombie looks drunk.

Jiang Shi a cute.

C U T E

Seriously though I like Jian Shi zombies. They're just so silly to me.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
The best Jiang Shi are in Sleeping Dogs.

Command Ant
Aug 9, 2010

I can make you
worth your weight
in gold!

RatHat posted:

The best Jiang Shi are in Sleeping Dogs.

I beg to differ!

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

RatHat posted:

The best Jiang Shi is in Dragon Ball.

Pringleton
Jul 21, 2008
Hsien-Ko is my main in Darkstalkers and my anchor in MvC3, so I'm on team Jiang Shi is best zombie, and Hsien-Ko is best Jiang Shi.

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

Chev posted:

One of the bosses in Oboro Muramasa is a cyclops monk, most certainly from japanese folklore like all OM monsters. I'm guessing they refer to the same thing but I don't know how it's called in japanese.

Think that's the Hitotsume Nyudou (一つ目入道 one eye monk) yokai
http://yokai.com/hitotsumenyuudou/

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Hadaka Apron
Feb 12, 2015

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
Now they just need to find some way to reenact the scene while missing a key element.

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism

What's the point of Rachnera having six eyes if they're not all going to be animated the same way? She might as well only have two eyes like everyone else.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

who cares

spider girl best girl

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Four legs OK. No legs good. Eight legs better.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
Variable number of legs a best.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
Can we get a poll in this thred? I wanna know if the Rachne lovers are really numerous as they seem, or just more vocal

Pringleton
Jul 21, 2008
+1 Rachne

edit: On other forums in particular, every harem series seems to have a 'one character vs. everyone else' dynamic. I've also always wondered if it is just sheer majority, or if a particular character just tends to to strike a chord with annoying people. But I dunno, I'm not normally on this side of it.

Pringleton fucked around with this message at 07:30 on Aug 29, 2015

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

I like legs

Rachne has eight beautiful legs

Therefore I like Rachne

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

boom boom boom posted:

Can we get a poll in this thred? I wanna know if the Rachne lovers are really numerous as they seem, or just more vocal

i think there's already plenty o poles in this thready here my man. :pervert:

Bakanogami
Dec 31, 2004

Grimey Drawer

boom boom boom posted:

I believe she was the winner of the official character popularity poll, so...

Adelheid
Mar 29, 2010

as a lady, rachnera could tie me up and that'd be ok

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism

Excelzior posted:

who cares

spider girl best girl

It's because she's the best that I'm being overly critical :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brutal Garcon
Nov 2, 2014

Comparative anatomy effortpost 4: a blob named Suu.

Yeah, this is the hard one (ironically). What do we know about Suu? Other than that yellow thingbob and the eyes, both of which she can apparently absorb and reconstitute, her body appears pretty uniform, soft and (from the bubbles from Darling's mouth) surprisingly vile*. She can absorb water to seemingly make more of herself without "diluting" what's already there, although taking in too much at once causes her problems. She also seems a very quick learner who doesn't initially know much about other intelligent species, and they don't know much about her, but we'll get back to that.

Obviously, no real animal works much like Suu. Slime moulds** are kinda blobby, but they're very slow and nowhere near transparent; many plants and animals can take in water to puff themselves up by swelling cells or filling spaces, but that doesn't seem to be what's going on here. Suu doesn't seem to care if she leaves parts of herself behind and said abandoned parts seem like fairly inert goo (much more viscous than her usual body).

Here's my take: the seeming lack of differentiated tissues is an illusion caused by carefully tuned refractive indices; somewhere in there is a "control" bit that does all the thinking and co-ordination, and probably a bunch of important metabolic stuff. It's likely in her "head" near the things that seem to be sensory organs (the "mind reading" limb is probably some sort of hyper-sensitive electric sensor, that Suu can interpret that data is more evidence that she's really alarmingly clever). This control part may be able to be de- and re-assembled, or merely be very flexible.

The rest of the Suu is only arguably "body": a gel that the central bit produces by exreting some mess of proteins (she seems to eat people food, so I'm not going crazy with the biochem') into the water she absorbs; this gel then works a bit like a cytoskeleton, with various fibres and such contracting or pumping stuff around (real technical here). Clearly it needs to form some sort of boundaries and structures, which prevents her creating too much at once.

Of course, real biology can't pull that off on such a large scale, which leads me to my final point: no-one knew what Suu was, she isn't a "monster" person like the rest of the cast, Cerea "identified" her as an enemy type in a videogame. Up until she met Darling et al., I don't think she'd ever seen an intelligent solid creature.

Waifu plausibility rating: 1.5/10. Alien nanotech, will be ruling the Earth shortly.

*as in "not viscous" rather than "gross".
**I know it's not an animal, shush.

Edit: I'll probably do the rest of these "soon". I shall be completely ignoring the little "subspecies" inset cards, because a) they don't make sense and b) why spoil a nice happy raunchy sex comedy with the implications of there being a "dairy breed" of people.

Brutal Garcon fucked around with this message at 18:16 on Aug 30, 2015

• Locked thread