Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Zypher posted:

Unfortunately what he's describing is 100% the new normal for LMs on ESPN. Very annoying.

Send angry/disappointed tweets to Barry. He's good about wrangling the website team to fix issues

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Fight Club Sandwich posted:

No, he's the Ethan Hawke loserdad from boyhood - you're happy Patricia Arquette kicked his rear end to the curb at the beginning of the movie and he's still a loser for a while but then she marries a bunch of RBs who turn out to be assholes and only after everyone has given up hope on Doug he turns out to be a productive member of society

This post says you've already bought in. Now your skin is going to turn a sickly shade of green/yellow as you age.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Need some trade advice:

I ended up with Bridgewater and Rivers as my QB's in a 10 team 0 ppr standard scoring league. (1QB,2RB,3WR,1TE,1FLEX)

Do I have to make a trade? Or should I try to ride those 2 out and try to pick up a breakout QB?

My team:

QB- Bridgewater, Rivers
RB- L. Bell, Anderson, Randle, Abdullah, J. Bell, Woodhead, Gray
WR- Cobb, Tate, Edelman, Lafell, J. Brown, Boldin, (also picked up Jordy in the 15th to stash on IR and keep next year)
TE- Daniels, Eifert

I might be able to get Tannehill, but would probably have to give up Abdullah, which I think is a bad deal for me.

Any advice please? :)

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

RCarr posted:

Need some trade advice:

I ended up with Bridgewater and Rivers as my QB's in a 10 team 0 ppr standard scoring league. (1QB,2RB,3WR,1TE,1FLEX)

Do I have to make a trade? Or should I try to ride those 2 out and try to pick up a breakout QB?

My team:

QB- Bridgewater, Rivers
RB- L. Bell, Anderson, Randle, Abdullah, J. Bell, Woodhead, Gray
WR- Cobb, Tate, Edelman, Lafell, J. Brown, Boldin, (also picked up Jordy in the 15th to stash on IR and keep next year)
TE- Daniels, Eifert

I might be able to get Tannehill, but would probably have to give up Abdullah, which I think is a bad deal for me.

Don't fix what aint broke. Start Rivers. Your team looks good.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

RCarr posted:

Stand pat IMO. Rivers and Bridgewater actually have a really nice meshing for streaming QBs. Each have what should be an easy matchup on the other's byes, and decent matchups when one or the other is playing a stout defense.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/QBSoSGrid2015.png

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

wattershed posted:

This might be a bit out of the purview of this thread, and may have already been covered (so apologies for each) but...

WHY THE gently caress DOES ESPN LOG ME OUT EVERY 20 MINUTES NOW

I'm not the only one this is happening to, right? If this is their solution over actually providing stricter password requirements they have a whole chain of people who deserve to be fired into the sun.

Thank God, I thought it was just me. That was getting old fast.

I actually have a Disney account that uses my email as the username, while my ESPN account uses my Silly Burrito name (but is registered under the same email). I emailed ESPN and they basically said they couldn't combine accounts. So, I used the Gmail trick (username+anytexthere@gmail.com still goes to username@gmail.com) to change my Silly Burrito account's email so that they technically are two different emails.

Haven't had the same login problem yet, but I only started this yesterday. It's worth a shot if you have multiple ESPN/Disney/ABC accounts somehow.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Azhais posted:

Stand pat IMO. Rivers and Bridgewater actually have a really nice meshing for streaming QBs. Each have what should be an easy matchup on the other's byes, and decent matchups when one or the other is playing a stout defense.

RisqueBarber posted:

Don't fix what aint broke. Start Rivers. Your team looks good.

Thanks for the replies. I feel better already. Rivers did look really good last year before he got hurt. I think he was a top 5 fantasy QB in the first half of the year. Plus I like Bridgewater's upside, especially with AP back to take some pressure off.

fariz
Nov 10, 2009

You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain.
Traded Gore, Spiller, and Tate for Megatron and tevin Coleman in my. 5 ppr league.

They were all my backups / flex options, and now people ate bitching at me. Thoughts?

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

trade already happened in my league:

Ryan Tannehill
Eddie Lacy
Jeremy Hill
for
Aaron Rodgers
Joseph Randle
Andre Johnson

LOL.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

MinibarMatchman posted:

Ryan Tannehill
Eddie Lacy
Jeremy Hill
for
Aaron Rodgers
Joseph Randle
Andre Johnson

LOL.

Wow that's bad.

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

fariz posted:

Traded Gore, Spiller, and Tate for Megatron and tevin Coleman in my. 5 ppr league.

They were all my backups / flex options, and now people ate bitching at me. Thoughts?

What's the rest of your roster?

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!

Azhais posted:

That chart is a nearly 3 months old and has a lot of questionable assertions. AZ And Detroit are average defenses? SF and NYG are worse matchups for a QB than those two?

That being said, Minny finishes with the Bears in Week 15 and NYG in Week 16, two defenses that appear like they might be terrible. If you need a tiebreaker for taking someone like AP or Bridgewater vs. another similar player, that might be it.

ZIGfried
Nov 4, 2005

I can hardly contain myself!

MinibarMatchman posted:

Ryan Tannehill
Eddie Lacy
Jeremy Hill
for
Aaron Rodgers
Joseph Randle
Andre Johnson

LOL.

"Sure I'll trade you my first and second round pick for your second rounder and some change"

mega dy
Dec 6, 2003

fariz posted:

Bitching at you for what, making your team better?

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

fariz posted:

You better hope Megatron goes back to being Megatron and nobody on your roster gets hurt. That is giving up a lot of depth and putting all your eggs in one very old basket. :v:

MinibarMatchman posted:

Ryan Tannehill
Eddie Lacy
Jeremy Hill
for
Aaron Rodgers
Joseph Randle
Andre Johnson

LOL.

Wow that is a terrible trade.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
PYF lovely trades

Zombie Tsunami
Jun 22, 2006

Dropping Tyrod, adding Mike Vick :hellyeah:

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination
If you remove the running backs in the middle (Lacy/Randle) it is much less crazy. You're swapping 2nd + ~8th rounders and it actually looks pretty even value-wise. But if that trade is even, then the rest of the trade comes down to Eddie Lacy for Joseph Randle, which is insane.

fariz
Nov 10, 2009

You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain.

RisqueBarber posted:

What's the rest of your roster?

10 team, .5 ppr, 4pt patd
Leaves me with

Ryan / Tannyhills
AP / Forsett / Blount / Coleman
Megatron / Jeffery / Andre Johnson / Stills / Boldin
Eiffert

With an empty slot

fariz fucked around with this message at 22:00 on Aug 25, 2015

fariz
Nov 10, 2009

Gyshall posted:

PYF lovely trades

I traded for the wrong Steve Smith when the right Steve Smith was in his prime

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

wattershed posted:

This might be a bit out of the purview of this thread, and may have already been covered (so apologies for each) but...

WHY THE gently caress DOES ESPN LOG ME OUT EVERY 20 MINUTES NOW

I'm not the only one this is happening to, right? If this is their solution over actually providing stricter password requirements they have a whole chain of people who deserve to be fired into the sun.

Happens to me all the time. I actually contacted ESPN support to ask about it (thinking it was a bug) but, nope it's a designed feature for "safety". Bookmarking or pinning your tab makes no different. It will do that forever.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

old dog child posted:

Happens to me all the time. I actually contacted ESPN support to ask about it (thinking it was a bug) but, nope it's a designed feature for "safety". Bookmarking or pinning your tab makes no different. It will do that forever.

Nothing makes me feel safer than a website that can't remember what computer is mine.

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah
Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah
Mathis to Denver.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps

Forever_Peace posted:

Mathis to Denver.

All aboard the CJ Anderson/Hillman train

GopherFlats
Mar 16, 2011
So I need an opinion. Dynasty League, 1 Keeper, 12 team 1ppr/ 6pt touchdowns/ -3 Int

Do I keep Luck or D. Thomas?
I'm pretty sure it's better to have Luck but I don't really want to lose Thomas because I know he'll go early in the 1st

Gearman
Dec 6, 2011

GopherFlats posted:

So I need an opinion. Dynasty League, 1 Keeper, 12 team 1ppr/ 6pt touchdowns/ -3 Int

I'm pretty sure it's better to have Luck but I don't really want to lose Thomas because I know he'll go early in the 1st

What rounds would you have to give up to keep them?

Edit: FWIW, unless you can keep Luck as like a 6th round keeper, I'd still go with Thomas. He's a top-10 player overall in PPR. I'm also assuming that by the way you worded your post that you don't have an early pick in the first round, so you can't reasonably expect to throw Thomas back and pick him back up in the 1st.

Gearman fucked around with this message at 23:48 on Aug 25, 2015

cheese
Jan 7, 2004

Shop around for doctors! Always fucking shop for doctors. Doctors are stupid assholes. And they get by because people are cowed by their mystical bullshit quality of being able to maintain a 3.0 GPA at some Guatemalan medical college for 3 semesters. Find one that makes sense.

Forever_Peace posted:

Mathis to Denver.
Grabbed CJ last night at 2.06 and then Hillman in the 13th, feeling so loving good.

fariz posted:

Bitching at you because it was a bad trade? I think you can argue that one both ways - I'd rather have Gore/Spiller/Tate but its not out of the question for Calvin to be a top 3 WR and coleman and top 15 RB (unlikely but theoretically possible).

cheese fucked around with this message at 00:04 on Aug 26, 2015

Enforka
Dec 24, 2004
If you traded up for a top 3 pick in a 12 person league, and you already had Mark Ingram and Jeremy Hill as keepers, would you go with a WR instead of an elite RB? Here's who looks to be available in round 2 after keepers:

WR: Alshon Jeffery (maybe, he's right on the bubble), Brandin Cooks, Jordan Matthews, Emmanuel Sanders
RB: Frank Gore, Lamar Miller, Alfred Morris

I really want to draft a stud RB and have a murderer's row, but I keep looking at the rankings and I just see way more value for RBs in round 2. My next pick is pick 33, and I don't have a 4th or 5th round pick. I should probably go WR, right? :(

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010

Gyshall posted:

PYF lovely trades

lovely in my favor but

Mendenhall and some Arizona RB for brandon marshall

Both those RBs got season ender the next week.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Marshmallow Blue posted:

lovely in my favor but

Mendenhall and some Arizona RB for brandon marshall

Both those RBs got season ender the next week.

Traded Denarious Moore for Jordy Nelson straight up in week 2 of Jordy breakout year.

You never forget your best.

GopherFlats
Mar 16, 2011

Gearman posted:

What rounds would you have to give up to keep them?

Edit: FWIW, unless you can keep Luck as like a 6th round keeper, I'd still go with Thomas. He's a top-10 player overall in PPR. I'm also assuming that by the way you worded your post that you don't have an early pick in the first round, so you can't reasonably expect to throw Thomas back and pick him back up in the 1st.

Actually the LM doesn't do the give up a round keeper pick, even though now that I think of it makes things way more fair.

So basically Rodgers/AP/Brees/Demarco Murry etc. Are all already taken before the draft starts.

But yeah I pick at #10

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

GopherFlats posted:

In 1 PPR Thomas has more value that Luck. I'd go with the receiver.

poly and open-minded
Nov 22, 2006

In BOD we trust

Brandon Oliver for Jimmy Graham right after Oliver's huge game. I didn't even suggest the trade!

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Enforka posted:

If you traded up for a top 3 pick in a 12 person league, and you already had Mark Ingram and Jeremy Hill as keepers, would you go with a WR instead of an elite RB? Here's who looks to be available in round 2 after keepers:

WR: Alshon Jeffery (maybe, he's right on the bubble), Brandin Cooks, Jordan Matthews, Emmanuel Sanders
RB: Frank Gore, Lamar Miller, Alfred Morris

I really want to draft a stud RB and have a murderer's row, but I keep looking at the rankings and I just see way more value for RBs in round 2. My next pick is pick 33, and I don't have a 4th or 5th round pick. I should probably go WR, right? :(

I'd rather have a Charles/Bell/Lacy than a Ingram + Elite WR. I'm not a huge fan of a guy who probably will see no third down work this game as being my RB2.

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.
Last year I traded away Torrey Smith for Eddie Lacy around week 6 or 7. Lacy had a slow start, and the guy was desperate for WR (we play a 3 WR plus 1 WR/TE flex), and he was in last place with a decent backup RB, so not as awful as it appears at first glance.

Still won me the league though.

Looten Plunder
Jul 11, 2006
Grimey Drawer
Beer4theBeergod,what day do you update your sheets and do you do it once a week or a couple of times?

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe

Abugadu posted:

Last year I traded away Torrey Smith for Eddie Lacy around week 6 or 7. Lacy had a slow start, and the guy was desperate for WR (we play a 3 WR plus 1 WR/TE flex), and he was in last place with a decent backup RB, so not as awful as it appears at first glance.

Still won me the league though.

There's no way to look at this as anything other than awful at every glance. Lacy was still a top 10 pick last year, he couldn't have gotten better than Torrey Smith?

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Talkin bad trades

Spoeank posted:

I traded Ahmad Bradshaw for Rolando McClain last year the day he went off then traded back for him in a bigger deal the few days before he broke his leg :c00l:

cheese
Jan 7, 2004

Shop around for doctors! Always fucking shop for doctors. Doctors are stupid assholes. And they get by because people are cowed by their mystical bullshit quality of being able to maintain a 3.0 GPA at some Guatemalan medical college for 3 semesters. Find one that makes sense.
I traded CJ Spiller and DeAndre Hopkins for Demaryius Thomas and Joique Bell after week 2 last year. DT had not done much besides drop passes and Spiller had just had a really nice game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

xcore posted:

Beer4theBeergod,what day do you update your sheets and do you do it once a week or a couple of times?

I update them on Fridays, but if people have an emergency need I don't mind doing a one-off.

• Locked thread