Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Not a problem brother. Tune in for Nitro!!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
TONIGHT: WEEK 3 OF THE ULTIMATE ERA!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last week: THE WARRIOR and PSP-TV's Least Favorite Human Roddy Piper joined Team WCW!

This week:

WRATH VS LENNY LANE

SCOTT STEINER VS EVAN KARAGIAS

Hector Garza vs Juvi for the Cruiserweight Title

STEVIE RAY VS CHRIS ADAMS

Saturn vs Riggs

CHRIS JERICHO VS JIM NEIDHART???? FOR THE TV TITLE

Curt Hennig vs Dean Malenko

GOLDBERG VS SCOTT PUTSKI!!!!!!!!!!!

Sting and Lex Luger vs DDP and Rod Piper

AND SO MUCH MORE!

Will the Horsemen get back together? Will Kevin Nash and Goldberg get in each others faces? WILL WE FEEL THE POWER OF THE WARRIORS?

Tune in at 7 PM for a special longer preshow! 8 PM for Nitro!

http://www.psp-tv.com/r/BadMoviesWorseWrestling

DynamiteKidd
Jun 11, 2015

by Shine
Evan Karagias had a really good match for the Cruiser title last week on Nitro and now he's a jabroni to make Scott Steiner look good.

Also during Evan's match last week Heenan kept banging on about how this kid was going to be a big star.

It's interesting to see over the past few weeks that they've stopped trying to book Goldberg into feuds or storylines while he's champion and he's just in a holding pattern, beating jobbers on Nitro.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
NECW is on now featuring a TOXIS match, Nitro in 30!

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

I'm relieved that the Warrior didn't ask me to speak to him this week. I've run out of things to say to him.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
FALL BRAWL 98 MY FELLOWS.

Team WCW vs the Wolfpac vs nWo Hollywood in WAR GAMES THE MATCH BEYOND! The man who scores the fall gets GOLDBERG at Halloween Havoc!

Elsewhere on the card...

Konnan vs Scott Hall!

Dean Malenko vs Curt Hennig!

Saturn vs Raven! (If Saturn wins the Flock is freed, if Raven wins Saturn becomes his slave)

Silver King vs Juventud Guerrera for the Cruiserweight title!

Rick Steiner vs Scott Steiner!

Ernest Miller vs Norman Smiley (Only $29.95!)

THE BRITISH BULLDOG AND JIM NEIDHART VS THE DANCING FOOLS

PLUS SO MUCH MORE INCLUDING CHRIS JERICHO!

Tune in at 8 PM for Nitro, maybe a preshow at 7:30, we'll see!

Cactus Jack
Nov 16, 2005

If you even try to throw to my side of the field in a dream, you better wake up and apologize.

MassRafTer posted:

I wasn't sure I was going to show up for this until I saw this match that could main event anywhere in the world.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

War Games! :neckbeard:

This War Games :gonk:

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

MassRafTer posted:

Team WCW vs the Wolfpac vs nWo Hollywood in WAR GAMES THE MATCH BEYOND! The man who scores the fall gets GOLDBERG at Halloween Havoc!

Elsewhere on the card...

Konnan vs Scott Hall!

Dean Malenko vs Curt Hennig!

Saturn vs Raven! (If Saturn wins the Flock is freed, if Raven wins Saturn becomes his slave)

Silver King vs Juventud Guerrera for the Cruiserweight title!

Rick Steiner vs Scott Steiner!

THE BRITISH BULLDOG AND JIM NEIDHART VS THE DANCING FOOLS

PLUS SO MUCH MORE INCLUDING CHRIS JERICHO!

Tune in at 8 PM for Nitro, maybe a preshow at 7:30, we'll see!

Do Not Watch This Show.

Wendell
May 11, 2003

But it was so good

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Wendell posted:

But it was so good

"Whether Fall Brawl set a new standard for awful in PPV is a debatable issue. What isn't debatable is that it was near the top of any list of the worst wrestling PPV shows ever" - The Wrestling Observer Newsletter: September 21, 1998.

"Fall Brawl featured a main event so bad it was even worse then people's imaginations would have been of the Jay Leno match going in. With the possible exception of the Triple Decker cage match a few years back on Uncensored and perhaps some Andre the Giant matches towards the end of his career, this may have been the worst PPV main event of all time, about 20 minutes of bad wrestling made worse by a finish that simply defied description. Unlike previous WCW shows with bad main events, they didn't have anything on the undercard with the exception of the Raven match that remotely saved it, and featured four other matches that would have won worst match on any normal 'bad' PPV show" - The Wrestling Observer Newsletter: September 21, 1998

"Rick Steiner went to a no-contest with Scott Steiner...Bagwell collapsed as if he'd re-injured his neck...The poor announcers had to sell it even though NOBODY in the crowd was buying it. They then had to do this long angle of the match ending, everyone acting concerned and Bagwell being immobilized and put on a stretcher and taken to the ambulance. It was torture because the crowd was booing rather than acting concerned. Since nobody bought it, nobody cared when when Scott and Bagwell jumped out of the ambulance and attacked Rick -*" - The Wrestling Observer Newsletter: September 21, 1998

"Juventud Guerrera retained the WCW cruiserweight title beating Silver King. The problem with the match at the outset was how evident it was that Silver King is no cruiserweight, except that all Mexicans are cruiserweights in WCW. Since Silver King has no credibility, the fans were chanting boring early. Juvi was wearing 'Sweet Surrender' on his trunks which I'm told is some kind of a gay deal which someone told him to wear as a practical joke" - The Wrestling Observer Newsletter: September 21, 1998.

"Konnan beat Scott Hall in 12:03. Hall was doing a drunk gimmick, with Vincent holding a drink and Hall frequently taking swigs of it... Hall tried a hair pull on Konnan but there wasn't any...At another point, Hall held Konnan in an abdominal stretch and grabbed the drink from Vincent and began drinking...DUD" - The Wrestling Observer Newsletter: September 21, 1998

"After the main event, the live crowd was pissed about the match, the Warrior gimmick which is dying in every city, and the night in general, booing heavily and throwing things at the announcers. This was one for the record books. -****" - The Wrestling Observer Newsletter: September 21, 1998

Wendell
May 11, 2003

Hmmm, maybe I'm wrong...

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
I would have been soooo pissed if I'd paid 29.95 for that. My sweet Lord.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

A Goldberg impersonator wrestled. Goldberg did not.
They turned Scott Hall's drunkenness into a gimmick, probably so that when Hall showed up drunk they could just attribute it to the gimmick.
I'm not certain the number of actual wrestling holds performed in a 15 minute War Games match reached double digits.
They threw out an entire grudge match to triple down on the 'Steiner and Buff fake injuries' gimmick, which I swear took as long as the main event.

The cracks are growing longer and deeper.

ZDar Fan
Oct 15, 2012

It only just occurred to me that Malenko and Hennig had a cage match on Nitro to build to a normal match at Fall Brawl. That's not even in the top five dumbest things about that PPV, but still idiotic.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

ChrisBTY posted:

A Goldberg impersonator wrestled. Goldberg did not.

I was personally ok with this, since it was a continuation of Jericho trying to piss off Goldberg so he could do a title vs title match. It was just good heeling.

Of course the angle led to basically nothing.

purkey
Dec 5, 2003

I hate the 90s

ayn rand hand job posted:

I was personally ok with this, since it was a continuation of Jericho trying to piss off Goldberg so he could do a title vs title match. It was just good heeling.

Of course the angle led to basically nothing.

I thought that it was just desperation since Goldberg refused to work with Jericho.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

I love that not even a year into his career Goldberg gets to dictate who he does and doesn't wrestle.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Tonight at 8 PM:

RIC FLAIR RETURNS.

Do I need to say anything else?

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

I'm going to savor this.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

I'm going to actually get to watch one of these.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
10 Minutes til Nitro!

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
this will be the first episode of Nitro I've ever watched

I did read the Death of WCW so I'll just have to figure out where this is in the book to understand what's going on

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

^^^ Sup, Death of WCW bro ^^^

MassRafTer posted:

10 Minutes til Nitro!

What day was this Nitro originally aired? I want to follow along in my Death of WCW book

E: Oh, Sept 14, 98 right?

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
Jackie Chan just showed up.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

abraham linksys posted:

this will be the first episode of Nitro I've ever watched

I did read the Death of WCW so I'll just have to figure out where this is in the book to understand what's going on

we just finished Fall Brawl '98 and are in the thick of the Ultimate Warrior's brief but notable stint in WCW as we head to Halloween Havoc '98, the one in which a good deal of the country didn't see the main event

Paper Lion
Dec 14, 2009

thats not true, they gave it away on free tv the next night and popped their final rating

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
This is the first one of these I've been able to make and it was pretty fun, thanks for doing this :)

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

rebel1608 posted:

This is the first one of these I've been able to make and it was pretty fun, thanks for doing this :)

It's all downhill from here, according to reports.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
I only caught the first hour because my roommate came home and I wanted to show him some Takeover matches

tell me, did Ric Flair ever make an appearance?!

DynamiteKidd
Jun 11, 2015

by Shine
He did indeed, and it was an honestly great segment because it's Ric Flair.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!
I remember watching that Nitro live on the ol' cable TV. Mostly just the Ric Flair return. I kinda forgot that Scott Hall was doing his drunk thing probably because I took a piss break or something.

DynamiteKidd
Jun 11, 2015

by Shine
I'm really interested in what the story is behind Juvi losing the Cruiser strap the same show the Flock split up and Kidman turned was about. Did he have some commitments in Mexico he couldn't get out of, was he not going to be available? Or was this just a "nobody cares about the jobberweights, what does it matter who the champ is" thing?

EDIT: Also Jackie Chan needs to be a bumper

DynamiteKidd fucked around with this message at 22:37 on Aug 26, 2015

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

I just assumed it was a natural outcropping of the 'these guys can achieve their true potential now that they're out from under Raven's thumb' narrative. Of course, that's just my guess.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

ChrisBTY posted:

I just assumed it was a natural outcropping of the 'these guys can achieve their true potential now that they're out from under Raven's thumb' narrative. Of course, that's just my guess.

They also thought Kidman had a lot of potential as a heart throb.

TONIGHT!

8 PM!

NITRO WEEK CONTINUES WITH THE 9-21-98 NITRO!

Witness the WARRIOR perform one of his legendary feats!

Thrill to the mysterious cackling!

Also:

Barry Darsow vs Fit Finlay

Alex Wright vs DDP

Chavo vs Konnan

Raven and Kanyon vs Los Villanos

Disco Inferno vs Kidman for the Cruiserweight title

Lenny Lane vs The Cat

SATURN VS JERRY FLYNN

Stevie Ray and the Giant vs Lex Luger and Kevin Nash

AND SO MUCH MORE!

This show features a legendary angle, a shocking match, a memorable series of skits and so much more so tune in at 8 PM for NITRO!!!!

ZDar Fan
Oct 15, 2012

Oh poo poo, was Warrior in the mirror last night?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

ZDar Fan posted:

Oh poo poo, was Warrior in the mirror last night?

No this was the one where he teleports Disciple from the ring to the rafters and then brainwashes him to join the oWn.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

I missed that AND The Raven/Villanos match? drat I'm dumb.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop
Man, we might need a replay on this episode, because I'm super sad I missed it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

Writer Cath posted:

Man, we might need a replay on this episode, because I'm super sad I missed it.
Yeah, some of us do stuff on Labour Day Weekend! :argh: